Barra Guest Hostel Reviews

Rua Recife 234, Barra, Salvador, Brazil

Great staff! Great breakfast! Free capirinha every day, what can you ask more?

The location was the best for Carnaval but overpriced overall. The wifi was poor but if you asked the right staffer you got access to another account that worked better. The staff overall was not the most friendly and sometimes I felt uncomfortable asking for information or making requests. I had trouble with my ATM to settle the balance and needed a phone to call collect to my bank in the US, but the staff said Barra's phone didn't call out, so I had to borrow another guest's phone.

One of the best hostel I've staid so far, very clean, nice breakfast, quite atmosphere, definitely not a party hostel but was good to have a break during carnaval. WiFi was not working very well and the receptionists were very helpful but not very smaily, brasilian staff was very nice instead. highly recommended! !!

Very good hostel which is clean, very good located with friendly staff and an awesome breakfast

• 21st Jan 2015

Great hostel to stay in, highly recommend it. Walking distance to the beach, local bars and restaurants. Short bus trip up to Pelourinho. Staff are very helpful and can tell you anything you need to know. Would definitely come back!

loved the atmosphere in the hostel, very nice, polite and helpful staff, AMAZING breakfast, and excellent location, only 10-15 minutes walk to the beach and the lighthouse, buses going to Pelourinho only down the road. Definitely gonna come back :)

The Hostel is very nice and very clean, one of the cleanest hostels I ever been. They have free caipirinhas at night so you can meet everyone staying in the hostel over a drink. The staff is helpful and very nice. I would go back any time :)

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Romania

The front desks guys gave great suggestions and tips about things to do around the city, great location, highly recommended hostel

Nice hostel with modern facilities in the Barra area. Not directly in the City Center, you need to take a bus to get there - BUT it's close to some great beaches and the neighborhood is safe even at night, which means a lot in Brazil. Cleanliness is exemplary, and staff has always some recommendations about things to do.

I couldn't ask for more from a hostel. Wonderful space, people, staff, breakfast, caiparinhas and location. I wish I had stayed there for more of my trip.

Good breakfast. I found one member of staff I spoke to there quite helpful. A guy called Jan. Close to things like the beach, banks, supermarket, bus stop, restaurants etc.

Great hostel to stay. It is very calm and the atmosphere is the best. By the way, the breakfeast is fantastic.

Small, intimate hostel. Very nice and varied breakfast in the morning. A bit far from the pelourinho but i preferred that. Close to a couple of restaurants and to the shopping mall. Mattress was a bit uncomfortable butalbital the rooms were good with air con and a fan.good value for money and nice staff.

The staff were excellent and very helpful. They also do a fantasic breakfast.. I would recoomend this hostel time and time again. It is also a great place to chill and meet nice people without being a party hostel.

It's been the second time i stayed at Barra Guest Hostel. Coming back feels like coming back home. Last year i got sick during my stay and they were really taking care of me. The staff is very helpful and very hearty. Rooms and facilities are very spacious and the breakfast is delicious. I'll definitely come back :)

Everything was just great. WiFi was ok but many times it went down for long times. Was very clean but some ants in the kitchen where breakfast was served. Nevertheless, breakfast was good and more diverse than most of not all other hostels. Staff is great! I remember only louik's name, but others were great too. So patient and helpful! The hostel feels like a little hotel with dorms. Everything was good really, and location is good - nea everything you need. Too bad not many people were in it.

I loved the place. Especially the staff is great - very helpful. The rooms are big enough and the breakfast was delicious. One of the best hostels I stayed at. Thank you!

This hostel is awesome! The rooms are clean and nice! The staff is awesome! And it's just so close to the beach porto de barra where you're very likely to spend most of the time.

A very nice hostel with a friendly relaxed atmosphere. Awesome breakfast, the rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful. Fast WiFi! They have a cooking-friendly kitchen if you like to cook something. The beach, Farol da Barra and the Barra Shopping Center are just a few minutes away by feet. Supermarkets are near, also a few bars. It was easy to get to Pelourinho or Rio Vermelho by bus. I would always decide to go there again. Thumbs up!

Barra Guest Hostel was as awesome as its description and previous reviews indicated:) Excellent location, very nice and extremely helpful staff, very clean and...oh man, it was worth paying that money just for breakfast! :D I got exactly what I expected here (a calm atmosphere and great service), so I highly recommend this place. Thank you guys for everything!!!

Thank YOU for choosing us. It's so cool to know that our effort to please and help the customers was reached. It was a great pleasure to have you here :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7