Barra Guest Hostel Reviews

Rua Recife 234, Barra, Salvador, Brazil

The hostel was well located, close to the shopping mall and from there getting to the touristic spots was pretty easy. The staff was very helpfull and breakfast was very good as well! The owner was very friendly and thoroughly concerned for the well being of us guests. As a minor recomendation might I suggest offering chocolate in the morning? Plain milk can be such a downer and not everyone drinks coffee.

• 26th Jan 2016

The hostel is ok for its cost. The linen smelled bad, don't know if it was washed at all.

• 25th Jan 2016

Hostel itself was ok but there was no atmosphere.

The common area was dark&didnt have an enticing social area for guests - no refreshments sold the kitchens small, not well ventilated & the bin was always full Ac in dorms was allowed for certain hrs only Wifi did not work well in dorm The 4 bed dorm i stayed in had no window& the ensuite was not cleaned properly - hair that was in the shower the day i arrived was there 3 days later Location is good, safe and close to bus, beach &mall Staff were friendly & helpful Breakfast good

Amazing hostel! Large enough. Staff is really great. I hanged out with one of people from the hostel and really enjoyed it! Good facility. Close to the beach. You have to take a bus to the old city center but totally worth it.

Staff was not very friendly and helpful. One of my friends who was travelling with me accidentally made the reservation for the day after we arrived. He asked if he could pay the extra night but he was told there were no empty beds. But, there were three vacant just in my room. He was told that he could only stay if he had made the reservation prior to arrival and was forced to sleep in the car outside. If he would have been allowed to pay the extra night it would have been a win win situation

This is a great hostel, with friendly and helpful staff, and great location. I would stay here again.

Maybe the best hostel I've been in Brazil. Clean, good location (bus stations and beach really close), great breakfast (fruit, bread, ham, cheese, fresh juice and coffee). I would go there again.

Good hostel for good price. Mostly we liked the girls from the reception. They are always in touch and gave us a lot of tips about Salvador. Also they invite us to hang out and that was amazing evening! We had samba-lesson in hostel. Located near the beach and beautiful lite house. Good breakfast. Wifi sometimes slow. The rest is fine. Thank you.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in and so grateful to everyone at the hostel for making it a memorable stay. Location was great, felt very safe and secure and there was always something fun to do in the evening. Free caipirinha's every night was the icing on the cake. Hopefully I will be back one day, obrigado BGH! Ben

It was a very nice stay at Barra Guest Hostel. The staff was very friendly and able to speak even different languages than potugese, especially english. Our room was clean. The facilities in it were not more than practical. There were problems with getting hot water and the toilet seat was broken. A good thing was, that the air condition worked properly and relatively noiseless. The breakfast was good standard for brasilian conditions.

The staff was very nice and warm. Both of them spoke good English which made it easier to interact. The breakfast was great. The facilities very secured, each room had bathroom to share among the guests which made it easier but still would have liked for there to be a general toilet to use other than having to go to the room. But in overall, my stay was great. Met a lot of nice people. I would stay there again.

I had a good stay. But some things could've been better. Breakfast, for example. Only starts at 8 AM, which was bad for me. Because of the event I went while in Salvador, I'd always leave the hostel very early, at seven. So I never had breakfast there. Wi-fi password could be posted in a place easier to visualize: I only realized the place had wi-fi some hours before checking out. About the bedroom: the access to the bunk bed is a plus (stairs easy to climb) but the other guests were too noisy.

• 4th Sep 2015

Dear Guest, 3 main issues addressed: 1- Missed Breakfast: Our Hostel World post states that we have free breakfast from 8:15 to 10 am and guests should contact reception if they want to eat earlier. 2- Wifi-Visibility: Under facilities in Hostel World, it clearly states free WiFi. We also have the WiFi username and password posted in the lobby and in every room. 3- Loud Guests: For more privacy, we recommend that guests book the private suite we have available instead of a shared room.

This hostel is great! Awesome staff, great location next to beaches, supermarkets, banks, and buses. Really chill environment here and awesome hammocks, patios, etc. clean as well and good breakfast. Highly recommend if you are looking to have a chill time in salvador.

O Hostel superou as nossas expectativas! Um ambiente bastante agradável, com pessoas do mundo inteiro, muito integradas e abertas. A equipe sempre disposta a ajudar e facilitar o contato com a cidade. Limpeza e café da manhã (bem farto) são pontos fortes, além das caipirinhas todos os dias, convivência entre os hóspedes e staff!

Awesome people and staff, very nice location on quiet street. great value stay with good wifi and air-conditioning. definitely recommend this hostel

My stay here was just okay. The advice from staff on how to get around, specifics of the city, etc were not that great and seemed to contradict what I've been hearing from my friends who live locally. Because I was traveling alone, safety was really important to me, and I had a hard time trusting the advice of people who have only been living in Bahia for a month. Orher than that, everyone was friendly and I had no major complaints.

Very nice, very helpful staff. Great breakfast, located in very nice area, easy to get to/from bus station/airport. Excellent value.

The people who work is very nice and friendly, the location is very easy you can get to everywhere around very easily.

• 4th Jun 2015

I had a great time at this hostel. The location is great and it doesn't feel like you're in gringoland at all. I met some really cool people here and loved how open and warm the receptionists were.

• 2nd Jun 2015