Barra Guest Hostel Reviews

Rua Recife 234, Barra, Salvador, Brazil

Everything was amazing! I have been to multiple hostels in Brazil and this was by far the best one yet. Clean, calm, INCREDIBLE breakfast, extremely friendly and informative staff, and a FREE caipirinha daily. Kitchen was large and fully stocked. Living room with big TV. Hammocks and couches in outside patio. Great location near grocery stores, bus stop, banks, shopping mall, beaches and the lighthouse. This is a home away from home. I wish I could say the same about my current hostel.

Barra guest hostel was one of the best Hostels in Brazil i stayed. Nice Crew, good location and a friendly Atmosphere. Everytime i wil go back to Salvador i will visit you barra guest hostel!! Thanks for the nice Trip!

• 29th Jul 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying at this hostel 4 times now. Staff is cordial and very knowledgeable about Salvador. Location is great, restaurants and shops very conveniently around the area.

• 21st Jul 2014

Great hostel in Barra, not far from the beach with excellent staff. Everything was perfect. Breakfast was good. Near to the bus stop to go Praca De Se and close to banks and supermarkets.

nice staff!room very small. ONLY ONE remote for airconditioning to get and bring back right away.... highly overpriced compared to offerings. 3 free beer everyday for each person not mentionable,worth around 1,5$.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Great location if wanting to be in bahia area. Staff were helpful and had plenty of suggestions. Nice relaxed atmosphere, nice breakfast and well equipped kitchen. Not a huge hostel but really friendly. We travelled during world cup so it was not cheap but we were happy with the value for our money. Our private double was nice with a great little ensuite. Good wifi. No complaints to speak of. Great little hostel.

It's a great place to stay, Barra is an extremely safe area and the hostel is just a short walk from the beach, easily accessible by public transport. The staff were brilliant too, extremely helpful and had an excellent knowledge of the local area, with plenty of tips on things to see and do in Salvador.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • victoriussecret

My brother and I had a fantastic time at the hostel. We spent two weeks at this place (during the world cup) and that is an eternity in terms of backpacking. The hosts (Ronald and his partner) are great and the staff (Natacha and Chris) are knowledgeable and fun. This really felt like a home away from home and we would definitely stay here again if/when we come back to Salvador. Miss you guys already.

Safe hostel in a good location close to shopping and beach. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Great hostel with very helpful staff and owner. BGH is one of my favourite hostels. My return was like come back home. The breakfast was excellent! The chilled out atmosphere and the free caiphirinas were very nice and a great opportunity meet new people.Ttwo beaches (10 min walk away) are near. The historic lighthouse with great sunsets is not to far. The hostel is in safe and quite area - nevertheless near restaurants and a great shopping mall. You can take the bus to he historic centre. See y

These guys were fantastic. We had a million questions and they answered them all! Thank you so much for all of your advice and support. We also had a small problem with our locker which Roland sorted for us promptly! Would recommend this place! Nice outdoor area too! Loved chilling in the hammocks with our caipirinhas :) breakfast was good too with fresh bread :)

The staff here are very friendly and helpful! There is a 30 minute free caiparinha time each night which is nice and a good way to meet people in the common area! The buffet breakfast is amazing! My only negative would be that I think the rooms are a little overpriced for what they actually are.

• 19th May 2014

I was surprised about the welcoming email. It was also necessary, since you don't see that it is a hostel. its a very nice, quiet and good organized hostel, they have two surfboards for free, free caiporeira classes in the neighbourhood, good Brazilian breakfast, clean rooms, with light and looker. for me the metal beds are fine, since I like hard beds, the only thing is, if you want to party in the Pelourinho, to come back you need to get a taxi. they have lunch meal for 14 Reais, although I never tasted it, since you have to tell them till 11 o'clock.

We spend 7 nights at the Barra Guest Hostel and really enjoyed our time. The beds are comfy and the breakfast is one of the best we had during our time in South America (cheese, ham, tortilla, home-made cakes, fruits, juice, coffee,...). We loved to end a beach-day (only 10-15 minutes walk) with a free caipirinha in the hammock or just sitting next to the reception and have funny talks with the girls! Good time!

• 7th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

nice clean hostel, no party hostel, but a good place for people who want to explore the city and surroundings

great location, delicious breakfast...all in all a great hostel!

• 13th Mar 2014

I had an wonderful stay in Barra Guest Hostel. Very good atmosphere, lot of meetings, it was a rich experience. Moreover, Ron, Chris and Natasha are adorable and flexible ! I felt very cumfortable, like in a family. I deeply recommend !! (and the breakfast is amazing) Louise

• 9th Mar 2014

Good hostel with decent breakfast and nice hammocks for relaxing. Close to the beaches and the shopping center. Staff are awesome and happily answered questions. Facilities could be improved, the kitchen is a bit old and our shower had no hot water, but that was only our room. Easily fixed.

Thank you for your feedback, I'll think how I can improve the kitchen for the guests. Nice travels!!

Good location, nice place ;)

Thank you, it's really really good to be with people with a positive view and opened to talk. Thank you for choosing us :)

Delicious breakfast, very good staff.....this will be my hostel again on my next trip to Salvador!!!

It'll be great to have you back :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7