Barra Guest Hostel Reviews

Rua Recife 234, Barra, Salvador, Brazil

The hostel was a huge disappointment. The location was near nothing, there was absolutely no atmosphere at all and at times it felt like an open plan prison with the barbed wire and the incessant amount of rules! You wasn't allowed to fill up your water bottles, wasn't allowed in the kitchen past 10, wasn't allowed in the gardens past 10 and had to pay for almost everything e.g. 10br for a towel that smelt damp and dirty. Many of us who paid to stay cut our visit short to move to a better hostel

The best hostel I've ever been, in fact the breakfast and hosts are a blust...Surely I'll be there in another next trip to Salvador. Thanks

• 11th Apr 2015

La atención fue muy buena, en todo momento se esforzaron por informarme adecuadamente sobre la ciudad, los medios de transporte y que poder visitar. Los desayunos estan muy bien y el café es de lo mejorcito que probe en Salvador. La caipirinha de las 19:00h no te la puedes perder, estupenda! La habitación estaba limpia y con aire acondicionado.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Spain

Great location in a safe area near beach, restaurants, shopping mall - seemed safe even at night. Very clean. Staff very friendly. Not a party hostel but small so easy to meet people (the free daily caprahina helps).

I just loved that place! Its super clean, the breakfast was huge and delicious and there is a lot of space zo hang around! Its not a party hostel but thats what I liked as well a lot!

Apesar de não saberem qual a cama eu e minha amiga íamos ficar ( o quarto estava um pouco bagunçado e eles não marcaram quais camas estavam ocupadas, eles resolveram perguntando aos demais hóspedes até descobrir ... Fica em um bairro bom, e tem bares e farmácias e supermercados próximos. Isso facilita bastante. A área comum é legal, mas acho que faltam atividades programadas ( como tours, churrascos ou algo para facilitar a interação dos hóspedes.). Não tem mapa para entregar aos turistas.

einfach Klasse....

Best hostel I´ve ever stayed in my life!

Thank you, you're a very easy going person making our job more pleasant. We'll love to see you again.

Muy buen hostel, lo recomiendo, la gente es muy amable, el hostal muy limpio y cerca de todo en barra.

Wifi minable

We did have problems with the wi-fi but it's not fair to judge the whole place and staff because a problem with the provider. We called the provider company every 30 min to have it fixed but it was an issue that was out of our reach. We needed a tecnitian and we kept waiting phoning all the time. Our hostel also depends of internet so it was not something that we didn't care. It is a matter of your angle to see it. A little bit of kindness and tolerance are appreciated. More kindness, please

The staff went the extra distance in assistance

Thank you, we have a "rewarding feeling" when people recognize our effort to make sure everyone is happy.

Great staff! Great breakfast! Free capirinha every day, what can you ask more?

Thank you guys, it was really nice to have you with us.

Everything about the hostel was good- clean rooms, good common area, great! breakfast! - unfortunately there are A LOT of mosquitos in the common area and all around really since there are so many open air places (good and bad). Unfortunately while I was there there was a big problem with black mold in the AC unit and it made me sick for more than a week after I left, I wound up switching rooms and then leaving the hostel earlier than expected bc of the mold. Too bad, as it's a great hostel.

The girl is not all that warm, but its a wonderful hostel, with a fantastic breakfast and kitchen/dining area

Wich girl????? please define warm. We are all very polite and nice to everyone unless people are rude.

Ótima localização, serviços fáceis e bem informados. Perto de mercado, shopping, pontos de ônibus e da Praia do Porto da Barra.

Wifi did not work well. Jan was helpful but some of the other staff were not at all. There was a really nice courtyard and the rooms were nice. Breakfast was good.

The location was the best for Carnaval but overpriced overall. The wifi was poor but if you asked the right staffer you got access to another account that worked better. The staff overall was not the most friendly and sometimes I felt uncomfortable asking for information or making requests. I had trouble with my ATM to settle the balance and needed a phone to call collect to my bank in the US, but the staff said Barra's phone didn't call out, so I had to borrow another guest's phone.

Well, well, well, what to say? The staff went beyond to make sure you were all right. It's not our fault if you didn't advice your bank manager that you were travelling abroad and didn't bring any credit card, only debit card. It's not our fault that you felt miserable all the time - we tried to cheer you up but you hided in your shell. You didn't pay when you arrived and we were quite understanding. The phone is for collect call or you have to pay to call abroad. It's normal in all hostels.

One of the best hostel I've staid so far, very clean, nice breakfast, quite atmosphere, definitely not a party hostel but was good to have a break during carnaval. WiFi was not working very well and the receptionists were very helpful but not very smaily, brasilian staff was very nice instead. highly recommended! !!

Thank you for your review. The wi-fi was fixed by the company but we are thinking of changing the provider. I'm glad you've enjoyed your stay.

Bom hostel, localizado a alguns minutos da praia numa rua tranquila, próxima a mercados, shoppings, etc. Quarto amplo, limpo, com ar e ventilador. Banheiro no quarto bem amplo. O staff é otimo, super prestativo. O café da manhã é o forte.

Muito obrigada, Erika por usar um pouquinho do seu tempo para nos dar um feedback. Que bom que gostou do hostel. Espero que as pessoas leiam o que está escrito e não a nota que foi dada pois não condizem. No entanto vale o que está escrito, o que foi expressado e posso ver que há contentamento em suas palavras. Mais uma vez, domo arigato :)

O hostel é ótimo! Gostei muito do atendimento dos funcionários, da localização (fica a uns 7 minutos andando do Farol da Barra) e do café da manhã. O hostel também é muito limpo e organizado.