Barra Surf Hostel Reviews

Angelina Joaquina dos Santos, 90, Barra da Lagoa, Florianopolis, Brazil

We love barra surf!! Thank you Rodrigo and marianne, you were so helpful, went above and beyond to make our stay great. Didn't even matter that it was raining as we just had a great breakfast and hung out in the hammocks. Loads to do in Flori and staff were v helpful in sorting it out. Defo coming back soon

What a brilliant stay we had here, first of all there is nothing the owners won't do for you, they know everything about the island and always point you towards the best party, beach etc as well as little things like booking transport, hostels etc for you. The other staff are also great and keep the place clean and homely. Breakfast is good and the odd dinner the owners cook is fab too. Great atmosphere and 100m from the beach, would recommend to anyone

Barra surf hostel is a very nice hostel to stay at. The covered terrace on the top floor is a perfect place to interact with other travelers, the helpers or to just enjoy the view while you're cooking dinner in the kitchen. In all of the hostel there is a very freindly atmosphere. If surfing is your thing barra is perfect for you.

• 26th Jan 2016
  • Denmark

A nice, relaxed hostel with offers to party everyday outside, so perfect for coming home and not having the noise in your house. It's clean, has a nice atmosphere and two blocks from the beach. I'll recommend it!

We had a great stay at Barra surf hostel. The location is perfect for the beach and all of the staff were so helpful and friendly. The hostel is very well run and always kept clean. We would definitely recommend!

The atmosphere in this hostel is one of the best I`ve experienced. Very social with tours, partys or something happening every day. A good kitchen, nice balcony and a BBQ for all the guests once during my stay. Only negative thing is that we had to change beds a lot.. Didn`t seem like they had fully control of which beds were occupied and not.

Nice hostel a few minutes walk from the beach. Clean, good facilities, friendly staff and awesome breakfast!

Thanks for the great time and good luck for you guys! I really enjoyed my stay and getting to know all of you (Hope I'll be back one day)!

• 29th Dec 2015

It was everything I was expecting and MORE!, I booked a private room from christmas eve to new years eve. The owner, Rodrigo, his wife and the whole crew where amazing with us. The hostel is quite new and you can see how they are working to improve it every day. This is not a non-stop-party kinda hostel but a more relaxed and chilled kind of place which is perfect to calm down and get into the "Floripa relaxed way". Breakfast, facilities, and amenities are 10/10. Can't wait to go back!

Fun little hostel in the most beautiful location in Lagoa. Friendly vibe, very clean bathrooms, free surfboards. Staff are lovely and when there was a rooftop BBQ we felt so welcome almost like part of their family. Thankyou so much for our stay...we loved Floripa so much we are now back one month later!

The hostel is really nice, clean, open space and the breakfast is really amazing. If you want you can rent in the hostel a surfboard to learn how to surf. Congratulations Mari and Rodrigo to the work that they have been doing in the hostel!

What an amazing stay! Rodrigo, his family, Big Sean, Goku, Marica are amazing. You feel at home right when you walk through the door. Rodrigo's wife made brigadeiros for us..amazing. The place is about a minute walk to the beach...good surfing beach. It's close to store and laundry...very central We had a churrasco (🇧🇷BBQ)..and then we went for samba! I've realized through my travels, it's always the people you are with that make the memories. I'll always remember Floripa with you guys!

What a lovely hostel! The staff are lovely and its 2 minutes walk from the beach where you can learn to surf for cheap. Rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms are clean. Plus the owner has a TV with over 600 channels... If you feel like chilling out then you're bound to find something on that! Plus they've decorated for Christmas already... My kind of hostel!

Great laid back hostel near the beach. Perfect to learn to surf. Friendly family feel about the hostel. Could do with curtains that actually cover the window 😀

What a great chilled out place to stay. Was given info on things to do and tried surfing through their recommendations - was great! Management are lovely and the staff are fellow travellers so it has a great buzz. Really social and so close to the beach. I only wish I could have stayed longer!

Very close to the beach and surf school and it has a good atmosphere. Fresh bread for breakfast and the bathrooms are alright. We were happy with out stay there!

it was a nice and cozy place very near to a beatiful beach. Breakfast was really nice with fresh fruits :)

• 11th Nov 2015
  • Estonia

This hostel changed my Life. If you want your life changed (in the best way possible) go visit the Mico family before it's too late. And don't you dare leave barra without a surf. (Free lessons from papa Mico aka Rodrigo if you catch him running to the beach around sunset). Couldn't ask for more :)

It was one of my favourite hostels I have stayed at. The staff and owners were very kind and helpful! The location was great as it's a 2 min walk to the beach, the atmosphere was great especially being a solo traveller as everyone was warm and friendly.

View all Florianopolis Hostels