Barranco's Backpackers Inn Reviews

Malecon Castilla 260, Barranco, Lima, Peru

Good location. Close to all the restaurants, bars, and coffee shops in Baranco. Can get a bit noisy at night with all the traffic. Great staff. Very friendly.

Too old, need to remodeling. Not reasonable prise compare to other hostel in Barranco.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

we are very sorry sorry your opinion was very different to our other guests.

This was my first night in Peru, and the staff made me feel right at home. They were very efficient and patient when my plane kept getting delayed and the taxi they had waiting kept having to reschedule. Very helpful with arranging tours and showing you a map of the city and circling main points. So happy to have stayed.

• 11th Aug 2015

I loved everything about Hostal Barranco. Location, people, and clean facilities. Deysi and Betty were especially helpful with anything we needed. Thank you for having a beautiful, clean, affordable Hostal in an amazing neighborhood of Lima!

Place was ok, but I didn't really like the staff. The owner eyed us somewhat suspiciously throughout our stay, which didn't help feeling more welcome there. We booked two nights and had to leave after the first. They weren't able to give us a refund. I know they had a 24h cancellation policy, but I still expected them to somehow return us some money as we told them already the night before that we weren't sure about staying. Altogether an ok place if you have to stay in lima, but nothing more.

Sorry but i do not understand the eying you suspiciously part. As for the refund, we explained clearly to you that if you did not not cancel the other day stay you would need to cancel immediately so we could make the room available to others on the internet but you decided not to cancel until the next day when it was too late to make it available again on the internet.

It's one of my favorite hostels anywhere I've ever stayed. Chris and the staff are all great, and the location is the best possible. It's in a beautiful old historic building, one block away from the Pacific ocean (you can see and hear the ocean from the upstairs windows). It attracts great travelers so you meet amazing people. The neighborhood is so beautiful and historic. The local people are so friendly. It couldn't be a better place to land if you are coming to Lima, even for a night.

Located in a great spot in the Barranco neighbourhood, we were generally happy with the hostel and the staff was great. Laundry was expensive and took more than 24 hours to get back and the breakfast in just bread and a banana but no real complaints about the hostel.

Hi, just to clarify that the breakfast is not just bread and a banana, you forgot to mention the jam, coffee, and different types of tea. Most backpackers hostels have the same kind of continental breakfast although some have cooked breakfasts that you pay extra for.

Great place to stay! Clean and spacious rooms - very helpful with maps, suggestions and general info

We came from Europe by plane and the taxitransfer organizied by Chris from Barrancos was very well. Our double room was ok as well the breakfast. There are big differences between the kindness of the staffmembers. I would say what you get for the money in this area is ok.

Thanks Chris for the great stay and information about the area! it was a great end to our trip!

The shower bath was not dense and always flooding the floor of the bathroom. Breakfast starting from 08.30 am is a little late for departing guests.

Barranco is a great place to stay while visiting Lima. The hostel is in a great location - close to the beach, restaurants and bars. It is also a nice walk to miraflores if you decide to go there. The staff were very helpful, the hostel was very clean, the wifi was good and the beds were comfy! Would recommend!

It is a nice house in a really nice location in Barranco, but unfortunately everything so loveless. It is not the cheapest hostel, included breakfast is bread, jam, butter, a banana and hot water for coffee. Kitchen is very basic for cooking. No hooks or shelves in the room/Bathroom. There was plenty of hot water in the shower. Wifi was good in the common area but not in our room. A few simple touches could improve the experience greatly.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the location was great, and the room was very nice for a hostel. Ensuite bathroom was a bonus.

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel a lot. The staff was very kind. The dorm room had a view over the ocean and was nice. Breakfast was just basic. I enjoyed the location of the hostel, as I loved Baranco. I would always choose it over Mirafolres!

Very friendly and helpful staff! Located in a very nice area easy to walk to restaurants, cafes, and bars. The staff was very helpful in given information about trips and transportation. I would definitely recommend to a friend!

The staff: their kindness and willingness to help and recommend places to visit was the best thing about this hostel. We met great people and would definitely come back. Chris and Deysi made it totally worthwhile.

• 13th May 2015

The hostel was a beautiful historic home with brightly painted walls. The location was stellar- right by the beach and just steps away from the main plaza of Barranco. Staff was friendly and the free breakfast stood out its style & service. There were lockers in our private room and a computer in the 2nd floor lounger for general use. Wifi was good in the common area but not in our room. Staff gave us a very detailed, multi-page map which they hand-wrote notes on for us.

Great choice for the Barranco neighborhood, which is such a nice place. Lots of bars and cafes and so on. The hostel is nice. Good kitchen, spacious interiors, and there's a nice little patio out front.

Not the cheapest hostel, but it's safe and in a great location.