Barranco's Backpackers Inn Reviews

Malecon Castilla 260, Barranco, Lima, Peru

Was hoping for more social atmosphere but a little bit disappointed in that. Facilities were nice and location near nightlife in Barranco was very convenient. Staff were friendly, included breakfast is bread, banana and instant coffee

Nice location, just a couple of walk to the main square. Quiet from the bar, comfortable bed and hot shower. Kitchen is very basic for cooking. And the 4 bed mixed dorm (room 2) at ground floor has no sea view, also lack of space for luggage.

Decent hostel. Nice location in barranco, but so so noisy outside. Impossible to actually sleep.

The Dorms are Crammed for Space & No Hooks or Shelves in the Bathrooms...A few Simple Touches could Improve the Experience greatly, such as Investing in a few Fans to move some Air!!

We stayed a couple nights at Barranco's Backpackers. Our first night we both didn't sleep well bc of the heat, worn out mattresses, and some noise in the street. The second night, we moved beds, and slept better (I think the bunk by the wall on the left in room 1 may be the only ones with these thin old mattresses), but some fans would really help with the heat. The common areas are nice, and the breakfast was good.

Felt really safe here, was happy to leave my belongings in the room when I went out - lockers for anything else. Staff were very helpful, day and night. Probably one of the pricier hostels but not by much and much nicer than anywhere else. Was a little quiet but that wasn't really an issue. getting around was really easy. Generally a really lovely hostel

Nice hostel in the most beatiful quarter of Lima. Nice - but not even more. We didn`t geht in contact with other travellers and saw the whole time only 2 or 3 guys there at breakfast time.

Great place very clean, helpful staff. No problems here:)

• 23rd Jan 2015

Nice hostel in great location. Wifi works well, water is hot and the shared dorm had an ocean view.

nice hostel close to the beach. i was ill when i arrived and the staff were all really helpful in getting me settled in quickly and helping me with getting stuff from the pharmacy the next day etc. nice chilled place if you're looking for something social but without being a party place.

The shower in my room had great water pressure!

I really liked this hostel. The staff is really friendly and helpful, and as they live there, they are allways around. The hostel is located very close to the plaza, but in such a distance that you get away from the traffic. When I was there, there was some noise outside in the morning because workers were doing some maintenance. The breakfast was basic, with bread, jam, butter, a banana and hot water for tea or coffee. There was plenty of hot water in the shower as well.

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Norway

Barranco's is nice, clean and in great location. Breakfast is alright and help is available with everything from advise on local reastaurants to arranging bus tickets anywhere. Bring ear plugs - not that the hostel itself was noisy, but this is Lima and single glazing doesn't do much to the noise from the street.

Not really a great hostel, to small dorms. But nice owner :)

We did not stay on the night we had planned to but did return to stay later. Chris was great in arranging to pick us up from the airport even though I made an error in the flight number that I sent him. He gave great advice on places to eat nearby on Avenida Grau and on how to get downtown. We were able to store our luggage there beyond the normal check out time as our flights (which he arranged a taxi to the airport for) were around midnight. Barranco is a great location.

Nice!!! I do recommend you to stay there!!!!

the staff were fanastic, helping us with all the information we might require for our stay. found the area to be a buzzing hive of culture with a great atmosphere and food to die for. recommend the area for a few lazy days with good food and drink away from the busy city centre of lima. definately look out for the hole in the wall burrito bar as they have the best mexican food i have tasted anywhere.

• 28th Oct 2014