Barranco's Backpackers Inn Reviews

Malecon Castilla 260, Barranco, Lima, Peru

Best backpackers hostel we've stayed in in Peru! Very friendly and accommodating staff , hot, clean showers, good breakfast and great location near the beach.

relaxing atmosphere, great location. Helpful and professional staff. It is the ideal place if you want to spend a few days in complete relax

• 30th Sep 2014

Highly recommend this hostel,the location was excellent and really added to our stay in Lima.Barranco area has a bohemian feel to it but is easy to reach Miraflores and the old town by the excellent bus system.The staff are great, Chris is English and Dessy (we think) speaks great English and they are both really helpful.The hostel is just a minute from the square but far enough away to not get disturbed by the noise in the evenings. Hot water, wifi, breakfast all good.Great restaurants nearby.

Owner Chris was brilliant!! He really helped us with where to go and what to do in Lima.

Not all staff can speak English. One of them, Desi, was very helpful and provided information and assistance readily. The beds are not house kept daily and can get rather musky due to the high humidity in Lima.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I had no trouble during my stay there. The lockers are nice and big, the bed and linens are fresh and the whole hostel in general is very clean and 'homey'. There are great views of the ocean and surrounding city. If you're looking for a party hostel, this would not be the place as it's a nice quiet place to actually get some shut eye. But the neighborhood (Barranco) has plenty of nightlife and is a fantastic and colorful spot to spend your time in Lima.

Had a wonderful time here, location is awesome minutes from beach. The place is chill and relaxing as well as neighbourhood.

Great location right by the water and the center of Barranco (but in a side street away from the plaza), close to a number restaurants and the bus line, super friendly and helpful staff. The beds in the 4 bedroom dorm downstairs were very comfortable, and the noise from the lobby or street doesn't really travel in the room so that was great also. Breakfast was standard for Peru hostels. Overall very content with our stay here.

Only stayed here one night, from my short experience the hostel was clean and comfortable. The best night sleep I think I had in all of Peru. The kitchen was very large. Be sure you double check the amount they charge you for your stay (they didn't deduct the deposit I paid on hostelworld, however this also happened to me at other hostels as well so in general, be careful).

The staff were very rude to me when i went to check-in with my friend. They took my friends details and rudely told me to wait outside as I wasn´t staying there. It took a while to convince her I also had a reservation and remind her she´d been storing my luggage since I had arrived 3 hours earlier before check-in. Having booked two nights I was rudely woken at check-out time on my first night to be told I was late for check-out. I had to remind them I´d booked for two nights. I left as soon as.

If someone arrives with a friend, the friend can wait in the reception area so this does not make sense, and also if Victoria gave us her name we would know she was staying here. as for the ´rudely woke,´part, I knocked on the door to check if another girl was ready to leave and it was all very queit. Chris, the owner.

Great hostel with very friendly staff!

Our stay at the hostel was very nice and the owner could give good recommedations for restaurants and things to do in the neighbourhood. It's located closely to the coast and it takes you only five minutes to get to the beach. The only thing to criticize is that they serve breakfast starting at 8 a.m., which is a bit unfortunate if you have to be at the airport at 8.

Quiet and lovely furnished

Barranco's Backpacker is a quiet and cozy retreat, steps from the ocean, and only a block from the central square of Barranco, with easy and cheap access to Miraflores by bus, taxi or even walking (around 40 minutes on foot). It is also proximate to excellent restaurants and cafes. The staff is tremendous, the quality of travelers is unique, the beds are comfortable, and there is a good flowing energy through the place. Ideal as a quieter yet still social hostel as a base for your Lima visit.

Nice play to chill. Very quiet atmosphere. Good choice for a starting point to explore Peru. WoFi is a bit dodgy though.

The Inn is located a cab ride away from the main part of the city (miraflores). If I make it back to Lima, I would try and stay closer as quite a few of the cab drivers didn't know the location. The shower was really good.. after staying in a couple of hostels that had no workable shower or cold water, it was heaven! The beds were pretty comfy and a good size.. the only complaint about the room was the curtain mould! In general the place is well presented with bright colours and good security.

• 15th Jul 2014

Nicely done up, quiet hostel, directly at the cost, friendly and helpful staff!

The building is a little old. We had a problem in our room with private bathroom: each time we took a shower, the bathroom turned into a swimming pool. The location of the hostel is good, in a nice neighborhood.

Good location, easy to get around barranco and get a bus to Miraflores. Chris was very helpful when requiring info on booking tours etc. breakfast was good, room spacious, clean, cosy, hot shower and lockable door with lockers in the room. Only one problem was the wi-if wasn't working, but having said that there was a computer available with internet so not really a problem. Unfortunately airport transfer didn't show but don't think they received emil about flight delays. On the whole, happy!!

The staff was exceptional with their help and always very friendly to talk with. He location is just perfect, on a quiet street with an ocean view and right next to the main plaza. Next time I am in Lima, I'll be sure to stay there again!

• 25th Jun 2014