Barranco's Backpackers Inn Reviews

Malecon Castilla 260, Barranco, Lima, Peru

Great place very clean, helpful staff. No problems here:)

• 23rd Jan 2015

Nice hostel in great location. Wifi works well, water is hot and the shared dorm had an ocean view.

The shower in my room had great water pressure!

I really liked this hostel. The staff is really friendly and helpful, and as they live there, they are allways around. The hostel is located very close to the plaza, but in such a distance that you get away from the traffic. When I was there, there was some noise outside in the morning because workers were doing some maintenance. The breakfast was basic, with bread, jam, butter, a banana and hot water for tea or coffee. There was plenty of hot water in the shower as well.

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Norway

Barranco's is nice, clean and in great location. Breakfast is alright and help is available with everything from advise on local reastaurants to arranging bus tickets anywhere. Bring ear plugs - not that the hostel itself was noisy, but this is Lima and single glazing doesn't do much to the noise from the street.

Not really a great hostel, to small dorms. But nice owner :)

We did not stay on the night we had planned to but did return to stay later. Chris was great in arranging to pick us up from the airport even though I made an error in the flight number that I sent him. He gave great advice on places to eat nearby on Avenida Grau and on how to get downtown. We were able to store our luggage there beyond the normal check out time as our flights (which he arranged a taxi to the airport for) were around midnight. Barranco is a great location.

Nice!!! I do recommend you to stay there!!!!

the staff were fanastic, helping us with all the information we might require for our stay. found the area to be a buzzing hive of culture with a great atmosphere and food to die for. recommend the area for a few lazy days with good food and drink away from the busy city centre of lima. definately look out for the hole in the wall burrito bar as they have the best mexican food i have tasted anywhere.

• 28th Oct 2014

Best backpackers hostel we've stayed in in Peru! Very friendly and accommodating staff , hot, clean showers, good breakfast and great location near the beach.

relaxing atmosphere, great location. Helpful and professional staff. It is the ideal place if you want to spend a few days in complete relax

• 30th Sep 2014

Highly recommend this hostel,the location was excellent and really added to our stay in Lima.Barranco area has a bohemian feel to it but is easy to reach Miraflores and the old town by the excellent bus system.The staff are great, Chris is English and Dessy (we think) speaks great English and they are both really helpful.The hostel is just a minute from the square but far enough away to not get disturbed by the noise in the evenings. Hot water, wifi, breakfast all good.Great restaurants nearby.

Owner Chris was brilliant!! He really helped us with where to go and what to do in Lima.

Not all staff can speak English. One of them, Desi, was very helpful and provided information and assistance readily. The beds are not house kept daily and can get rather musky due to the high humidity in Lima.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I had no trouble during my stay there. The lockers are nice and big, the bed and linens are fresh and the whole hostel in general is very clean and 'homey'. There are great views of the ocean and surrounding city. If you're looking for a party hostel, this would not be the place as it's a nice quiet place to actually get some shut eye. But the neighborhood (Barranco) has plenty of nightlife and is a fantastic and colorful spot to spend your time in Lima.

Had a wonderful time here, location is awesome minutes from beach. The place is chill and relaxing as well as neighbourhood.

Great location right by the water and the center of Barranco (but in a side street away from the plaza), close to a number restaurants and the bus line, super friendly and helpful staff. The beds in the 4 bedroom dorm downstairs were very comfortable, and the noise from the lobby or street doesn't really travel in the room so that was great also. Breakfast was standard for Peru hostels. Overall very content with our stay here.

Only stayed here one night, from my short experience the hostel was clean and comfortable. The best night sleep I think I had in all of Peru. The kitchen was very large. Be sure you double check the amount they charge you for your stay (they didn't deduct the deposit I paid on hostelworld, however this also happened to me at other hostels as well so in general, be careful).

The staff were very rude to me when i went to check-in with my friend. They took my friends details and rudely told me to wait outside as I wasn´t staying there. It took a while to convince her I also had a reservation and remind her she´d been storing my luggage since I had arrived 3 hours earlier before check-in. Having booked two nights I was rudely woken at check-out time on my first night to be told I was late for check-out. I had to remind them I´d booked for two nights. I left as soon as.

If someone arrives with a friend, the friend can wait in the reception area so this does not make sense, and also if Victoria gave us her name we would know she was staying here. as for the ´rudely woke,´part, I knocked on the door to check if another girl was ready to leave and it was all very queit. Chris, the owner.