Barranco's Backpackers Inn Reviews

Malecon Castilla 260, Barranco, Lima, Peru

We came from Europe by plane and the taxitransfer organizied by Chris from Barrancos was very well. Our double room was ok as well the breakfast. There are big differences between the kindness of the staffmembers. I would say what you get for the money in this area is ok.

It is a nice house in a really nice location in Barranco, but unfortunately everything so loveless. It is not the cheapest hostel, included breakfast is bread, jam, butter, a banana and hot water for coffee. Kitchen is very basic for cooking. No hooks or shelves in the room/Bathroom. There was plenty of hot water in the shower. Wifi was good in the common area but not in our room. A few simple touches could improve the experience greatly.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the location was great, and the room was very nice for a hostel. Ensuite bathroom was a bonus.

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel a lot. The staff was very kind. The dorm room had a view over the ocean and was nice. Breakfast was just basic. I enjoyed the location of the hostel, as I loved Baranco. I would always choose it over Mirafolres!

Very friendly and helpful staff! Located in a very nice area easy to walk to restaurants, cafes, and bars. The staff was very helpful in given information about trips and transportation. I would definitely recommend to a friend!

The staff: their kindness and willingness to help and recommend places to visit was the best thing about this hostel. We met great people and would definitely come back. Chris and Deysi made it totally worthwhile.

• 13th May 2015

The hostel was a beautiful historic home with brightly painted walls. The location was stellar- right by the beach and just steps away from the main plaza of Barranco. Staff was friendly and the free breakfast stood out its style & service. There were lockers in our private room and a computer in the 2nd floor lounger for general use. Wifi was good in the common area but not in our room. Staff gave us a very detailed, multi-page map which they hand-wrote notes on for us.

Great choice for the Barranco neighborhood, which is such a nice place. Lots of bars and cafes and so on. The hostel is nice. Good kitchen, spacious interiors, and there's a nice little patio out front.

Not the cheapest hostel, but it's safe and in a great location.

Was hoping for more social atmosphere but a little bit disappointed in that. Facilities were nice and location near nightlife in Barranco was very convenient. Staff were friendly, included breakfast is bread, banana and instant coffee

Nice location, just a couple of walk to the main square. Quiet from the bar, comfortable bed and hot shower. Kitchen is very basic for cooking. And the 4 bed mixed dorm (room 2) at ground floor has no sea view, also lack of space for luggage.

Decent hostel. Nice location in barranco, but so so noisy outside. Impossible to actually sleep.

The Dorms are Crammed for Space & No Hooks or Shelves in the Bathrooms...A few Simple Touches could Improve the Experience greatly, such as Investing in a few Fans to move some Air!!

We stayed a couple nights at Barranco's Backpackers. Our first night we both didn't sleep well bc of the heat, worn out mattresses, and some noise in the street. The second night, we moved beds, and slept better (I think the bunk by the wall on the left in room 1 may be the only ones with these thin old mattresses), but some fans would really help with the heat. The common areas are nice, and the breakfast was good.

Felt really safe here, was happy to leave my belongings in the room when I went out - lockers for anything else. Staff were very helpful, day and night. Probably one of the pricier hostels but not by much and much nicer than anywhere else. Was a little quiet but that wasn't really an issue. getting around was really easy. Generally a really lovely hostel

Nice hostel in the most beatiful quarter of Lima. Nice - but not even more. We didn`t geht in contact with other travellers and saw the whole time only 2 or 3 guys there at breakfast time.

Great place very clean, helpful staff. No problems here:)

• 23rd Jan 2015

Nice hostel in great location. Wifi works well, water is hot and the shared dorm had an ocean view.

nice hostel close to the beach. i was ill when i arrived and the staff were all really helpful in getting me settled in quickly and helping me with getting stuff from the pharmacy the next day etc. nice chilled place if you're looking for something social but without being a party place.

The shower in my room had great water pressure!