Barranco's Backpackers Inn Reviews

Malecon Castilla 260, Barranco, Lima, Peru

Only stayed here one night, from my short experience the hostel was clean and comfortable. The best night sleep I think I had in all of Peru. The kitchen was very large. Be sure you double check the amount they charge you for your stay (they didn't deduct the deposit I paid on hostelworld, however this also happened to me at other hostels as well so in general, be careful).

The staff were very rude to me when i went to check-in with my friend. They took my friends details and rudely told me to wait outside as I wasn´t staying there. It took a while to convince her I also had a reservation and remind her she´d been storing my luggage since I had arrived 3 hours earlier before check-in. Having booked two nights I was rudely woken at check-out time on my first night to be told I was late for check-out. I had to remind them I´d booked for two nights. I left as soon as.

If someone arrives with a friend, the friend can wait in the reception area so this does not make sense, and also if Victoria gave us her name we would know she was staying here. as for the ´rudely woke,´part, I knocked on the door to check if another girl was ready to leave and it was all very queit. Chris, the owner.

Great hostel with very friendly staff!

Our stay at the hostel was very nice and the owner could give good recommedations for restaurants and things to do in the neighbourhood. It's located closely to the coast and it takes you only five minutes to get to the beach. The only thing to criticize is that they serve breakfast starting at 8 a.m., which is a bit unfortunate if you have to be at the airport at 8.

Quiet and lovely furnished

Barranco's Backpacker is a quiet and cozy retreat, steps from the ocean, and only a block from the central square of Barranco, with easy and cheap access to Miraflores by bus, taxi or even walking (around 40 minutes on foot). It is also proximate to excellent restaurants and cafes. The staff is tremendous, the quality of travelers is unique, the beds are comfortable, and there is a good flowing energy through the place. Ideal as a quieter yet still social hostel as a base for your Lima visit.

Nice play to chill. Very quiet atmosphere. Good choice for a starting point to explore Peru. WoFi is a bit dodgy though.

The Inn is located a cab ride away from the main part of the city (miraflores). If I make it back to Lima, I would try and stay closer as quite a few of the cab drivers didn't know the location. The shower was really good.. after staying in a couple of hostels that had no workable shower or cold water, it was heaven! The beds were pretty comfy and a good size.. the only complaint about the room was the curtain mould! In general the place is well presented with bright colours and good security.

• 15th Jul 2014

Nicely done up, quiet hostel, directly at the cost, friendly and helpful staff!

The building is a little old. We had a problem in our room with private bathroom: each time we took a shower, the bathroom turned into a swimming pool. The location of the hostel is good, in a nice neighborhood.

Good location, easy to get around barranco and get a bus to Miraflores. Chris was very helpful when requiring info on booking tours etc. breakfast was good, room spacious, clean, cosy, hot shower and lockable door with lockers in the room. Only one problem was the wi-if wasn't working, but having said that there was a computer available with internet so not really a problem. Unfortunately airport transfer didn't show but don't think they received emil about flight delays. On the whole, happy!!

The staff was exceptional with their help and always very friendly to talk with. He location is just perfect, on a quiet street with an ocean view and right next to the main plaza. Next time I am in Lima, I'll be sure to stay there again!

• 25th Jun 2014

great location. outlets did not work in the room.

Nice little place, staff was really helpful and overall I had a good time during my two night stay there

A great, great place to stay in Lima. The staff is very helpful, the rooms/dorms are nice and atmosphere encourages mingling. Barranco is a very safe (and pretty hip) neighbourhood - I would recommend staying there over Miraflores or elsewhere.

Didn't get much orientation to hostel or area when I arrived which is something I always appreciate. Great location to beach views and central plaza.

A nice and clean little hostel. Barranco isn't the most active of places though and the hostel was quiet. A nice place to engross yourself in the Lima culture but not a real party area.

We wrote to Chris three times two days prior to our reservation informing him we were going to arriving a day late due to flight delays. He never returned our emails and when we arrived to the hostel they had given our reservation away. They only had the dorm room available for the night we arrived but charged us for the private stay. The staff tried to have Chris talk with us but we never got to see him by the time they kicked us out the next day. It was very dirty and not worth the hassle.

We did not receive any emails to say you were not arriving on the day you booked so we assumed you were not coming and made the room avaialble to others. if someone does not arrive the day they booked and have not told us there is a cancellation fee which is standard policy. As for your comments about the hostel being dirty, for other travellers reading this, please read the reviews from other guests which as the comments are the opposite of yours, and obiously just because you were unhappy.

I really enjoyed my stay in Barranco Backpackers Inn. It has a chilled atmosphere and is an easy place to meet others and make new friends. The staff and the owner Chris are all friendly and helpful and, although I didn't use the kitchen facilities, they seemed decent. It's in a good location too: in my opinion Barranco is one of the nicer areas of Lima.

I love this hostel! Everything about it is absolutely perfect! The staff is amazing and so helpful and the atmosphere is comfortable. This hostel definitely felt like my home away from home and I stayed with them every time that I was in Lima! Highly recommended! ! ! ! ! I will even go as far as to say that this is one of my favorite hostels and I have traveled all over the world :D