Barranco's Backpackers Inn Reviews

Malecon Castilla 260, Barranco, Lima, Peru

The Inn is located a cab ride away from the main part of the city (miraflores). If I make it back to Lima, I would try and stay closer as quite a few of the cab drivers didn't know the location. The shower was really good.. after staying in a couple of hostels that had no workable shower or cold water, it was heaven! The beds were pretty comfy and a good size.. the only complaint about the room was the curtain mould! In general the place is well presented with bright colours and good security.

• 15th Jul 2014

Nicely done up, quiet hostel, directly at the cost, friendly and helpful staff!

The building is a little old. We had a problem in our room with private bathroom: each time we took a shower, the bathroom turned into a swimming pool. The location of the hostel is good, in a nice neighborhood.

Good location, easy to get around barranco and get a bus to Miraflores. Chris was very helpful when requiring info on booking tours etc. breakfast was good, room spacious, clean, cosy, hot shower and lockable door with lockers in the room. Only one problem was the wi-if wasn't working, but having said that there was a computer available with internet so not really a problem. Unfortunately airport transfer didn't show but don't think they received emil about flight delays. On the whole, happy!!

The staff was exceptional with their help and always very friendly to talk with. He location is just perfect, on a quiet street with an ocean view and right next to the main plaza. Next time I am in Lima, I'll be sure to stay there again!

• 25th Jun 2014

great location. outlets did not work in the room.

Nice little place, staff was really helpful and overall I had a good time during my two night stay there

A great, great place to stay in Lima. The staff is very helpful, the rooms/dorms are nice and atmosphere encourages mingling. Barranco is a very safe (and pretty hip) neighbourhood - I would recommend staying there over Miraflores or elsewhere.

Didn't get much orientation to hostel or area when I arrived which is something I always appreciate. Great location to beach views and central plaza.

A nice and clean little hostel. Barranco isn't the most active of places though and the hostel was quiet. A nice place to engross yourself in the Lima culture but not a real party area.

We wrote to Chris three times two days prior to our reservation informing him we were going to arriving a day late due to flight delays. He never returned our emails and when we arrived to the hostel they had given our reservation away. They only had the dorm room available for the night we arrived but charged us for the private stay. The staff tried to have Chris talk with us but we never got to see him by the time they kicked us out the next day. It was very dirty and not worth the hassle.

We did not receive any emails to say you were not arriving on the day you booked so we assumed you were not coming and made the room avaialble to others. if someone does not arrive the day they booked and have not told us there is a cancellation fee which is standard policy. As for your comments about the hostel being dirty, for other travellers reading this, please read the reviews from other guests which as the comments are the opposite of yours, and obiously just because you were unhappy.

I really enjoyed my stay in Barranco Backpackers Inn. It has a chilled atmosphere and is an easy place to meet others and make new friends. The staff and the owner Chris are all friendly and helpful and, although I didn't use the kitchen facilities, they seemed decent. It's in a good location too: in my opinion Barranco is one of the nicer areas of Lima.

I love this hostel! Everything about it is absolutely perfect! The staff is amazing and so helpful and the atmosphere is comfortable. This hostel definitely felt like my home away from home and I stayed with them every time that I was in Lima! Highly recommended! ! ! ! ! I will even go as far as to say that this is one of my favorite hostels and I have traveled all over the world :D

Very chilled, positive experience. Very nice staff. Nothing to complain, would recommend!

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Finland

A wonderful spot to stay if you would like a chilled stay in a great neighbourhood. Barranco is definetly the better choice to Miraflores.

Nice little hostel in the nicest neighbourhood of Lima. Very nice owner who can give you all the tips for bars and restaurants in Barranco. Cheap beers and bottles of water are sold. Beds are decent, breakfast is ok. Kitchen could be a little bit better equiped. There was for example only one fork available.

NIce and clean hostel. I'm staying there again next week!

est location ever view of pacific ocean awesome

Hostel was nice, staff very friendly (Chris and Daisy), room was spacious and clean, bathroom clean too except the toilet bin had no lid which I found a bit distasteful, nice view from our room. Location was very noisey, people congregate outside and make so much noise. Entrance to beach was closed so we had to walk to miraflores to get to the coast which defeated our purpose of staying in barranco. Very close to nice restaurants. Not much of an 'atmosphere' here and wifi was very slow.

• 21st Mar 2014

Great location with path down to the beach opposite the hostal. Communal kitchen not particularly well equipped if you're self catering. Helpful staff