Barry's Hotel Reviews

1 - 2 Great Denmark Street, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

On arriving the person behind the desk didn't act very professional, it may have been due to the fact that i was that bit younger but i still think younger people deserve to be treated with respect as well as people older then me, especially when their paying for it. the person on security that night was very nice and the room was very comfortable.

• 20th Sep 2012

Overall good value for the price. The only things lacking were air con and wifi in the rooms.

You should warn guests staying in the front rooms about the nightclub. We couldn't sleep all night and it ruined our stay.

• 20th Aug 2011

The hotel is quite ok. We stayed for only one night. The room was very clean and organized with tea/coffee facilities. Toilet and towels also cleaned. The locks of the door could be stronger. Not so safe and can be easily open. Staff was was kind speacially the night porter who helped me to find out if my flight was cancelled or not before going to the airport. Good breakfast for the price.

You´ll get what you pay for.We surely will not stay there a second time but it´s ok to have had the experience of this Hotel

I quite regularly travel down to Dublin and I like to stay in a different hostel each time. however I think that Barry's hotel will be one that I will return to again and again! it is literally the best place i have stayed so far.amazing value for money. the cleanest of all places I have stayed and for once we didn't have to make up our own beds!! in short a comfortable clean friendly cheap warm inviting place. p.s. the bar isn't to expensive either!

Somehow the hotel said they dind't have our reservation, even though it was confirmed on hostelworld, but they were really apologetic and accomodating about it. Great value for the money, about a 20 minute walk to Temple bar though, not too much in the immediate area. A bit difficult to find as well, so make sure you have good directions before leaving, the ones on the website were confusing.

For the size and quality of the room, I felt like I overpaid. The stairs are kind of wobbly and scary up to the top floor too...and the paint job was really bad. But breakfast was pretty good.