Base Airlie Beach Resort Reviews

336 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach, Australia

staff were amazing. My bf and I booked a 4 bed mixed dorm but there was no one else there so we had the place to ourselfs with an ensure and even a spa bath! The girl that checked us in was so helpful giving us info about withsundays. The next day we spoke to another staff member and he manged to get us on whitsundays weekend trip at discounted rate and also gave us free camping and discounted room and shower voucher for when we came back. Base really looked after us!! Highly recommend 😄

Beautiful clean room, lovely setting. Would definitely stay here again.

I loved my stay here but I think because of my room mates more than the actual hostal. They didn't create muh if an atmosphere but getting a discount in the bar next door is a real benefit!

• 30th Mar 2015

Great place to stay! We stayed in a 4 bed dorm and it was huge so there was plenty of room. It came with its own bathroom which was a really nice change! The only thing that's a little annoying is that you have to pay for wifi, but we did and it worked really well!

• 29th Mar 2015

Tired of hostels treating you like children or worst like a prison inmate that cannot be trusted with keys or cutlery, charging a deposit for the use of everything.

The bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. Also the kitchen was cleaned regularly but it was done very poorly. Unfortunately compared to other hostels that I have stayed at this was the worst.

We had a double bed room, which was nice. The room was quite big and you have your own bathroom and sink plus water boiler. Air con in every room! The cleanliness is only average, we had some garbage on the floor. The location is perfect for sailing trips, cause it's the pickup location. The area around the check-in counter gets too crowdy and it's annoying when someone is playing football inside! The staff ist friendly.

really good location, near the lagoon, 5 min walk to supermarket, bottle shops and bars nenearby. Really helpful staff and good sized air con rooms with ensuit bathroom.

Rooms are not very clean. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and there was mold on the walls and anywhere in the bathroom. Kitchen tables are still dirty when you go there in the morning for breakfast. Until now it was one of the dirtiest places I stayed at the east coast. It's not really really bad but there are much better hostels for the same price. Staff is friendly and location is good.

I liked it, Base usually is a good choice if you wanna meet people! The only things that bothered us was that we have to leave a deposit at the reception if we needed cutlery for the kitchen and there was always a really long line in the lobby, so whenever you needed something, it took forever. Also I'm used to friendlier staff at Base. But other than that there is not much to complain about :)

Top location with extremely clean rooms and lovely staff - highly recommend

worst hostel I been in Australia. Very dirty. It seemed like they had never cleaned the floor the bathroom. Still old toilet paper sticking the floor. Bed linen not clean, was used before by someone else. Open luggage storage only every 30 minutes.

Okay hostel for a couple of nights. Rooms were fine but reception staff awful, not helpful and there was always a long queue.

The staff and location is what make this place great! Would stay here again for sure.

• 27th Dec 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your lovely review! I can assure you it was our pleasure to have you here :) If you are ever back in Airlie we would love to have you stay with us again, there may even be a beer in it for you! Safe Travels! Charlotte - Customer Service Manager Base Airlie Beach Resort

Great location, air conditioning working, heated water shower working as well, shared room confortable. Wifi 4 dollar per day worth it!

Dear Guest, I would just like to take the time to thank you for your feedback, it sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us! If you are ever back in the area don't hesitate to pop in and say hey! Enjoy the rest of your trip! Charlotte- Customer Service Manager Base Airlie Beach Resort

Staff were the worst I've experienced in the world. Unfriendly and rude.

Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback for us we do appreciate it all good and bad. Let me please apologise on behalf of our reception crew that you found them so rude and unfriendly. I am very disappointed to hear this and also very embarrassed, it can be stressful during our peak times of year but this is no excuse for the kind of behaviour you encountered. If you are ever back in town I would love to have you back here so you can see this isn't normal! Base Team

We had a room in block 11. The water pump for the entire block must be broken as every use of shower or sinks made incredible noise. Even if people in other rooms in the block used their water, the noise came out of our sink/pipe. This continuous noise woke us up on a regular basis so we basically had a sleepless night. We won't stay again.

• 24th Dec 2014

Dear Guest, Please accept my apologies for your stay. We have recently been renovating which may have been the cause for the extra noise. Did you make reception aware of this issue? Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention so that I can properly fix this issue with our maintenance team, we'd love to have you back so that you can see how we have improved! Please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Charlotte-Customer Service Manager airliebeach@stayatbase.com

I stayed two nights in two different rooms. The first room was below average and the second room was slightly better. It's a large hostel covering lots of ground and feels more like camp grounds. No free wifi. No lockers in the room. Both bathrooms had a sewage-like smell.

All the facilities are dirty, the beds are very uncomfortable, the showers didn't work in the room. We were told to shower near the kitchen everyday because they weren't going to fix the showers. The staff is so rude, the worst I've encountered traveling. I would never recommend staying here!!!!

extra fee for storage room only plates available in kitchen, cutlery and mugs available at front desk good late arrival service

View all Airlie Beach Hostels