Base Airlie Beach Resort Reviews

336 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach, Australia

Tired of hostels treating you like children or worst like a prison inmate that cannot be trusted with keys or cutlery, charging a deposit for the use of everything.

The bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. Also the kitchen was cleaned regularly but it was done very poorly. Unfortunately compared to other hostels that I have stayed at this was the worst.

We had a double bed room, which was nice. The room was quite big and you have your own bathroom and sink plus water boiler. Air con in every room! The cleanliness is only average, we had some garbage on the floor. The location is perfect for sailing trips, cause it's the pickup location. The area around the check-in counter gets too crowdy and it's annoying when someone is playing football inside! The staff ist friendly.

really good location, near the lagoon, 5 min walk to supermarket, bottle shops and bars nenearby. Really helpful staff and good sized air con rooms with ensuit bathroom.

Rooms are not very clean. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and there was mold on the walls and anywhere in the bathroom. Kitchen tables are still dirty when you go there in the morning for breakfast. Until now it was one of the dirtiest places I stayed at the east coast. It's not really really bad but there are much better hostels for the same price. Staff is friendly and location is good.

I liked it, Base usually is a good choice if you wanna meet people! The only things that bothered us was that we have to leave a deposit at the reception if we needed cutlery for the kitchen and there was always a really long line in the lobby, so whenever you needed something, it took forever. Also I'm used to friendlier staff at Base. But other than that there is not much to complain about :)

Top location with extremely clean rooms and lovely staff - highly recommend

worst hostel I been in Australia. Very dirty. It seemed like they had never cleaned the floor the bathroom. Still old toilet paper sticking the floor. Bed linen not clean, was used before by someone else. Open luggage storage only every 30 minutes.

Okay hostel for a couple of nights. Rooms were fine but reception staff awful, not helpful and there was always a long queue.

The staff and location is what make this place great! Would stay here again for sure.

• 27th Dec 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your lovely review! I can assure you it was our pleasure to have you here :) If you are ever back in Airlie we would love to have you stay with us again, there may even be a beer in it for you! Safe Travels! Charlotte - Customer Service Manager Base Airlie Beach Resort

Great location, air conditioning working, heated water shower working as well, shared room confortable. Wifi 4 dollar per day worth it!

Dear Guest, I would just like to take the time to thank you for your feedback, it sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us! If you are ever back in the area don't hesitate to pop in and say hey! Enjoy the rest of your trip! Charlotte- Customer Service Manager Base Airlie Beach Resort

Staff were the worst I've experienced in the world. Unfriendly and rude.

Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback for us we do appreciate it all good and bad. Let me please apologise on behalf of our reception crew that you found them so rude and unfriendly. I am very disappointed to hear this and also very embarrassed, it can be stressful during our peak times of year but this is no excuse for the kind of behaviour you encountered. If you are ever back in town I would love to have you back here so you can see this isn't normal! Base Team

We had a room in block 11. The water pump for the entire block must be broken as every use of shower or sinks made incredible noise. Even if people in other rooms in the block used their water, the noise came out of our sink/pipe. This continuous noise woke us up on a regular basis so we basically had a sleepless night. We won't stay again.

• 24th Dec 2014

Dear Guest, Please accept my apologies for your stay. We have recently been renovating which may have been the cause for the extra noise. Did you make reception aware of this issue? Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention so that I can properly fix this issue with our maintenance team, we'd love to have you back so that you can see how we have improved! Please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Charlotte-Customer Service Manager airliebeach@stayatbase.com

I stayed two nights in two different rooms. The first room was below average and the second room was slightly better. It's a large hostel covering lots of ground and feels more like camp grounds. No free wifi. No lockers in the room. Both bathrooms had a sewage-like smell.

All the facilities are dirty, the beds are very uncomfortable, the showers didn't work in the room. We were told to shower near the kitchen everyday because they weren't going to fix the showers. The staff is so rude, the worst I've encountered traveling. I would never recommend staying here!!!!

extra fee for storage room only plates available in kitchen, cutlery and mugs available at front desk good late arrival service

Great location and very clean rooms. Only big issue was the kitchen which people seemed to leave in a tip. Felt sorry for the staff coming in to do the dishes...

Only stayed here one night. Communal room is very small despite the number of guests.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback, we welcome it all as its great at showing us where we do well and where we need to improve. We have recently opened up some new beds and so are in the process of updating all of our communal areas, this can take some time unfortunately as we are a 24 hour a day 7 day a week business so i'm very sorry you found us ill-equipped. I hope everything else with your stay was great! Safe Travels! Charlotte- Customer Service Manager

Room was really dirty. Kitchen was bad. It was always too cold there. Waiting in the reception to ask something took ages.. should be more staff there. Location was really good, at the end of the main street but everything was close. Night security was really helpful at 2am when there was a huntsman spider in my room. Nice pool and nice mango trees. If you go on a boat trip, they say you have to pay $6 for luggage storage, but in the kitchen area there are also lockers for $4 which is big enough

Hi, Thank you for your review of us we appreciate all of these. I'm sorry to hear you found your room dirty, did you make reception aware of this after you checked in? Unfortunately during our peak times it can take longer to speak to our desk, we are constantly improving and updating here so that it doesn't take so long, so please accept my apologies. I would like to know why you thought the kitchen was bad so I have left my email address below I would love some more feedback. Base Team

The worst place I have ever stayed! Avoid at all costs. Was booked in a four bed dorm, was put in a six bed dorm, then an hour or so later two girls arrived and they decided to bring along 8 friends from a previous trip. Had to move to a private room where the air con was light, half the light bulbs didn't work and it was all round scummy. Only positive is the location. Got no apology when I asked to switch. Just got a 'how would you like to pay for that'?

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review we really love getting these as it shows where we need to improve and where we are doing well. Im so sorry to hear that you were messed around and moved around so much! Let me apologise on behalf of all of us here for your booking being such a disaster, we can certainly do better and would love to prove this to you! Please dont hesitate to contact us if you are ever back in Airlie. Charlotte- Customer Service Manager

View all Airlie Beach Hostels