Base Airlie Beach Resort Reviews

336 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach, Australia

Really good hostel. Good location to shops and lagoon, but quite far from Greyhound stop. Was so nice to have a pool. The staff were really helpful and friendly. Only downside was the bathroom in my room was gross. I saw others with nicer ones though.

Leider hatte ich etwas Pech und überall (Bad und Zimmer) war Schimmel an den Wänden. Dazu sah es so aus, als wäre die letzte Reinigung auch schon ein paar Wochen her gewesen. Würde hier also leider nicht nochmal buchen.

Typical BASE hostel. Good location. Not a great atmosphere -- it's just too big to really meet anyone. Rooms are hot. They have aircon but it is only turned on by staff in the middle of the night. Staff are meh. Always huge lines in reception -- you think they'd find a way to fix this as it is a daily occurrence.

Great. Big rooms with good air con. Very clean. Liked the big complex with pools but in the middle of airlie.

Had a terrible 2 nights stay here. The bathroom was not clean. The first night we were kept awake by the people upstairs until 4.30am and then the second night we were kept awake all night. They were asked to leave but were still making noise around the pool at 7.30am when I left.

Overall a good hostel. Excellent location on the main strip. The check in staff are helpful but when i checked into my room the shower and toilet had obviously not been cleaned from the previous lot as there were used plasters and toilet paper on the floor (i was the first to check in and all other beds free hence must not have been cleaned). Other than this the atmosphere is good and the bar next door does good deals and a fun night out. No free wifi and have to pay for luggage storage though

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am disappointed to hear about the state of your bathroom on check in and have followed this feedback up with housekeeping to ensure this does not get overlooked again. We have recently brought in free wifi, I'm sorry it was not available while you were here. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Thanks Base Airlie Beach

Great hostel! Been in three different dorms and all were really good. Great location as well.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you can come back again. Thanks Base Airlie Beach

Had a great stay here! Jamie (sorry I know that's not the correct spelling) at the travel desk was amazing. Stayed an hour later after work to help us book our trips. Then sorted us out free showers etc for the day we checked out. He made our stay!! So thank you!! Only issue is Base charge you for everything! Wifi, that's poor! Cutlery, plates etc. Money grabbers!

Nomads and Base are now the same place, joined forces to be one massive hostel!

Leaky taps, very noisy fridge, noisy aircon, comfy bed, dirty pillowcase (hair and ?dribble spot) but otherwise clean, great central position, reasonable value for money.

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

At our arrival, the staff hasn't been nice. The room was very dirty and we had to change room because it wasn't clean and the shower wasn't working. It is too big and they don't care about people, you will pay the same orice and you will have a better service in other hostel!

No comments...

Stayed for a few nights in a big private room before and after our sailing trip over the weekend. Huge area between both Nomads and Base sides and there's always people around. The staff are friendly although can be quite slow at times - we waited 20 mins for check in after our exhausting trip. Facilities are good, awesome deals for guests at DUB, although a shame it doesn't stay open very late. All in all we had an awesome stay in Airlie!

didn't really feel like a hostel as the dorms were more like flats in different houses. there was no area to meet everyone from the hostel, but the rooms were nice and I had one of the best beds I had whilst all my travels!

We had a double private room - it was incredible! Large room with ensuite bathroom with bath, and a TV! Staff were helpful and location was ideal for restaurants and shopping. Close to harbour for Whitsunday tours and a short walk to Greyhound stop.

The bathrom was completely wet, it needs a plumber! There was water all over. We stay 3 days in the room and it's was never clean, nether the bathroom .

Definitely one of the coolest hostels I've ever stayed at. It felt like a tropical resort rather than a hostel. There grounds are huge, they have two pools and two bars which are sick. The outdoor bar in the back was so great, we just wish it stayed open later. I did one night in a dorm which was very clean with it's own bathroom and shower. I also spent a night camping which they have a lot of space for. The camping facilities were also very clean and great to have. I would definitely come back

I stayed in a 6 bedrm dorm and 4 of the 6 beds still had the previous dirty sheets upon arrival. The trash was never taken out during my stay (3nights/4days). We ran out of toilet paper in the ensuite; I let reception know but when I came back that night it had not been replaced. Reception closed at 10pm. I went to reception at 10:07 and they made a fuss about being there to get TP and tried to tell me repeatedly that they were closed. On my last day there was barely any kitchen out eqmt to use

• 13th Jul 2015

We had a bad experience when oversleeping for our Whitsunday trip. The Base Travel crew changed it to a positive situation. Helping us with new bookings and gave us 3 nights for free in our campervan. So the staff is magnificent.

Rooms are big and nice, lovely hammocks all over the property. Cleaning staff left my room wide open after servicing.

View all Airlie Beach Hostels