Base Airlie Beach Resort Reviews

336 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach, Australia

Nomads and Base are now the same place, joined forces to be one massive hostel!

Leaky taps, very noisy fridge, noisy aircon, comfy bed, dirty pillowcase (hair and ?dribble spot) but otherwise clean, great central position, reasonable value for money.

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

At our arrival, the staff hasn't been nice. The room was very dirty and we had to change room because it wasn't clean and the shower wasn't working. It is too big and they don't care about people, you will pay the same orice and you will have a better service in other hostel!

No comments...

Stayed for a few nights in a big private room before and after our sailing trip over the weekend. Huge area between both Nomads and Base sides and there's always people around. The staff are friendly although can be quite slow at times - we waited 20 mins for check in after our exhausting trip. Facilities are good, awesome deals for guests at DUB, although a shame it doesn't stay open very late. All in all we had an awesome stay in Airlie!

didn't really feel like a hostel as the dorms were more like flats in different houses. there was no area to meet everyone from the hostel, but the rooms were nice and I had one of the best beds I had whilst all my travels!

We had a double private room - it was incredible! Large room with ensuite bathroom with bath, and a TV! Staff were helpful and location was ideal for restaurants and shopping. Close to harbour for Whitsunday tours and a short walk to Greyhound stop.

The bathrom was completely wet, it needs a plumber! There was water all over. We stay 3 days in the room and it's was never clean, nether the bathroom .

Definitely one of the coolest hostels I've ever stayed at. It felt like a tropical resort rather than a hostel. There grounds are huge, they have two pools and two bars which are sick. The outdoor bar in the back was so great, we just wish it stayed open later. I did one night in a dorm which was very clean with it's own bathroom and shower. I also spent a night camping which they have a lot of space for. The camping facilities were also very clean and great to have. I would definitely come back

I stayed in a 6 bedrm dorm and 4 of the 6 beds still had the previous dirty sheets upon arrival. The trash was never taken out during my stay (3nights/4days). We ran out of toilet paper in the ensuite; I let reception know but when I came back that night it had not been replaced. Reception closed at 10pm. I went to reception at 10:07 and they made a fuss about being there to get TP and tried to tell me repeatedly that they were closed. On my last day there was barely any kitchen out eqmt to use

• 13th Jul 2015

We had a bad experience when oversleeping for our Whitsunday trip. The Base Travel crew changed it to a positive situation. Helping us with new bookings and gave us 3 nights for free in our campervan. So the staff is magnificent.

Rooms are big and nice, lovely hammocks all over the property. Cleaning staff left my room wide open after servicing.

Dorms are pretty decent but bathroom unclean. Kitchen is awful, so small for how big this hostel is.

Great spot for exploring the Whitsundays and everything else around Airlie Beach. Good food and drink discounts at the next door bar. Clean rooms and nice pool for escaping the heat. Closest location to the marina (still a bit of a walk). Staff was very helpful in booking activities and overall recommendations. Pro tip: for two days of luggage storage the lockers in the kitchen are more secure and less expensive than the luggage storage room; at least for now…

This hostel is very average and not that clean, but very cheap so don't expect much. You also have to pay a deposit for cutlery which is stupid. The kitchen is very dirty and not anywhere near big enough for the amount of people that stay there. People were queuing to cook food at dinner time. One of the jobs was broken. There aren't enough utensils in the kitchen to cook with and it's very dirty. There aren't enough cloths/tea towels with even if you did want to clean up after yourself.

The kitchen was a disgrace, only 4 hoba working for the entire hostel, it was filthy and the utensils/pans were minimal. By far the worse kitchen I've been in whilst traveling. Other than the kitchen everything else was great.

Definitely more like a hotel...amazing views, right on the beach. A great place to stay while on magnetic island.

I didnt like the fact that if you book online the dorm costs $23, then if you choose to extend your stay the price goes up to $28 if you pay at the desk.

This hostel feels like a little village. There's a central pool and hammocks. Clean rooms.

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us some feedback from your stay. As well as helping out your fellow travelers it's great for us to see how we rate in our guests eyes. I'm so happy to see that all the facilities met with your high standards and that you liked our little resort here. It really is paradise! I hope you come back to visit soon and that the rest of your time in Australia is awesome! Safe Travels, Charlotte- Customer Service Manager

staff were amazing. My bf and I booked a 4 bed mixed dorm but there was no one else there so we had the place to ourselfs with an ensure and even a spa bath! The girl that checked us in was so helpful giving us info about withsundays. The next day we spoke to another staff member and he manged to get us on whitsundays weekend trip at discounted rate and also gave us free camping and discounted room and shower voucher for when we came back. Base really looked after us!! Highly recommend 😄

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your lovely review of us! We do love them all even the bad ones as its great for seeing where we've done well and where we need to fix up. All of our staff here are super knowledgeable about the Whitsunday's so it's no wonder you found them so helpful. I have passed on your regards to Hannah who checked you in and she was so happy that she'd even made an impact on your time here. We all wish you the best for the rest of your trip! :) Base Crew

View all Airlie Beach Hostels