Base Airlie Beach Resort Reviews

336 Shute Harbour Road, Airlie Beach, Australia

The bathrom was completely wet, it needs a plumber! There was water all over. We stay 3 days in the room and it's was never clean, nether the bathroom .

Definitely one of the coolest hostels I've ever stayed at. It felt like a tropical resort rather than a hostel. There grounds are huge, they have two pools and two bars which are sick. The outdoor bar in the back was so great, we just wish it stayed open later. I did one night in a dorm which was very clean with it's own bathroom and shower. I also spent a night camping which they have a lot of space for. The camping facilities were also very clean and great to have. I would definitely come back

I stayed in a 6 bedrm dorm and 4 of the 6 beds still had the previous dirty sheets upon arrival. The trash was never taken out during my stay (3nights/4days). We ran out of toilet paper in the ensuite; I let reception know but when I came back that night it had not been replaced. Reception closed at 10pm. I went to reception at 10:07 and they made a fuss about being there to get TP and tried to tell me repeatedly that they were closed. On my last day there was barely any kitchen out eqmt to use

• 13th Jul 2015

We had a bad experience when oversleeping for our Whitsunday trip. The Base Travel crew changed it to a positive situation. Helping us with new bookings and gave us 3 nights for free in our campervan. So the staff is magnificent.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Norway

Dorms are pretty decent but bathroom unclean. Kitchen is awful, so small for how big this hostel is.

Great spot for exploring the Whitsundays and everything else around Airlie Beach. Good food and drink discounts at the next door bar. Clean rooms and nice pool for escaping the heat. Closest location to the marina (still a bit of a walk). Staff was very helpful in booking activities and overall recommendations. Pro tip: for two days of luggage storage the lockers in the kitchen are more secure and less expensive than the luggage storage room; at least for now…

This hostel is very average and not that clean, but very cheap so don't expect much. You also have to pay a deposit for cutlery which is stupid. The kitchen is very dirty and not anywhere near big enough for the amount of people that stay there. People were queuing to cook food at dinner time. One of the jobs was broken. There aren't enough utensils in the kitchen to cook with and it's very dirty. There aren't enough cloths/tea towels with even if you did want to clean up after yourself.

The kitchen was a disgrace, only 4 hoba working for the entire hostel, it was filthy and the utensils/pans were minimal. By far the worse kitchen I've been in whilst traveling. Other than the kitchen everything else was great.

Definitely more like a hotel...amazing views, right on the beach. A great place to stay while on magnetic island.

I didnt like the fact that if you book online the dorm costs $23, then if you choose to extend your stay the price goes up to $28 if you pay at the desk.

This hostel feels like a little village. There's a central pool and hammocks. Clean rooms.

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us some feedback from your stay. As well as helping out your fellow travelers it's great for us to see how we rate in our guests eyes. I'm so happy to see that all the facilities met with your high standards and that you liked our little resort here. It really is paradise! I hope you come back to visit soon and that the rest of your time in Australia is awesome! Safe Travels, Charlotte- Customer Service Manager

staff were amazing. My bf and I booked a 4 bed mixed dorm but there was no one else there so we had the place to ourselfs with an ensure and even a spa bath! The girl that checked us in was so helpful giving us info about withsundays. The next day we spoke to another staff member and he manged to get us on whitsundays weekend trip at discounted rate and also gave us free camping and discounted room and shower voucher for when we came back. Base really looked after us!! Highly recommend 😄

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your lovely review of us! We do love them all even the bad ones as its great for seeing where we've done well and where we need to fix up. All of our staff here are super knowledgeable about the Whitsunday's so it's no wonder you found them so helpful. I have passed on your regards to Hannah who checked you in and she was so happy that she'd even made an impact on your time here. We all wish you the best for the rest of your trip! :) Base Crew

Beautiful clean room, lovely setting. Would definitely stay here again.

Dear Guest, It's always great to get great feedback but we do appreciate all of the reviews we get as without them somethings may slip through the proverbial crack. Im thrilled to see you had a great stay with us and I can assure you we would love to have you back, if you are ever coming back through you should definitely get in touch with us, we'd love to sort you out :) I hope the rest of your trip is amazing! Charlotte- Customer Service Manager

I loved my stay here but I think because of my room mates more than the actual hostal. They didn't create muh if an atmosphere but getting a discount in the bar next door is a real benefit!

• 30th Mar 2015

Dear Guest, I'm sorry to see that you didn't feel included whilst you were staying with us. We do have free daily and nightly activities available for guests to join in with. We do fishing trips, volley games, movie marathons, killer pool tourney's and ping pong and heaps heaps more! Im sorry if this wasn't pointed out to you during your stay. I am very happy that you did enjoy yourself regardless and that you took full advantage of our awesome guest discounts ;) Safe Travels Base Crew

Great place to stay! We stayed in a 4 bed dorm and it was huge so there was plenty of room. It came with its own bathroom which was a really nice change! The only thing that's a little annoying is that you have to pay for wifi, but we did and it worked really well!

• 29th Mar 2015

Dear Guest, Thanks so much for your feedback! We really appreciate all reviews as its great to see where we need to improve and where we do well! Im so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities were up to your standards :) We do charge for WiFi sadly as we're in such a rural area we find its much faster when through Global Gossip which means we do need to take a fee for the use of it. Hope the rest of your trip is awesome! Charlotte- Customer Service Manager :)

Tired of hostels treating you like children or worst like a prison inmate that cannot be trusted with keys or cutlery, charging a deposit for the use of everything.

Dear Guest, I am sad to hear that this has affected your view of your stay here so much. It is unfortunate that we have to take deposits for cutlery, hair dryer, iron etc. But through much trial and error we have found that without a deposit people don't tend to bring things back or take care of them which means when people like yourselves want to borrow something, we either don't have it or it isn't in a great state. I can assure you its just a deposit :) Have a great time in OZ! Base Crew

The bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. Also the kitchen was cleaned regularly but it was done very poorly. Unfortunately compared to other hostels that I have stayed at this was the worst.

Dear Guest, Firstly thank you for taking the time out of your busy travels to leave us some feedback from your stay with us. We really appreciate all of these as its great for us to know where we need to improve and where we do well. I would like to apologise for the low standards of cleanliness you found whilst staying with us. I'm surprised to hear this as we pride ourselves on our high standards here at Base. I can only hope you let reception know so that they might fix this issue for you :)

We had a double bed room, which was nice. The room was quite big and you have your own bathroom and sink plus water boiler. Air con in every room! The cleanliness is only average, we had some garbage on the floor. The location is perfect for sailing trips, cause it's the pickup location. The area around the check-in counter gets too crowdy and it's annoying when someone is playing football inside! The staff ist friendly.

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time out of your travels to leave us a review of your stay here. We love all of these as its great to see where we do well and where we need to make improvements. Im sorry to hear that you found your room dirty as we pride ourselves on our high standards of cleanliness so im sorry we let you down here. Its true that during check outs and check ins reception can get very hectic with lots of people milling around. Apologies for this as well. :) Base Crew

really good location, near the lagoon, 5 min walk to supermarket, bottle shops and bars nenearby. Really helpful staff and good sized air con rooms with ensuit bathroom.

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us some feedback from your stay with us. We find all of these really helpful as it lets us see where we do well and where we need some improving. Thrilled to see you have a lovely stay with us and enjoyed your time in Airlie Beach. This really is an amazing part of the world! I hope your time in Australia is amazing and filled with all sorts of fun! :) Safe Travels, Charlotte- Customer Service Manager

Rooms are not very clean. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and there was mold on the walls and anywhere in the bathroom. Kitchen tables are still dirty when you go there in the morning for breakfast. Until now it was one of the dirtiest places I stayed at the east coast. It's not really really bad but there are much better hostels for the same price. Staff is friendly and location is good.

Dear Guest, Im so sad to see your review as this doesn't reflect our usual high standards of cleanliness. Please accept my apologies for this. I hope you do decide to stay with us again in the future as we would love the opportunity to prove to you we really can do better. I happy that you at least found our staff friendly and the location to be good. :) I hope you have an awesome time in Australia, Charlotte- Customer Service Manager Base Airlie Beach Resort

View all Airlie Beach Hostels