7.1
Very Good 1,664 Total Reviews
7.1
Very Good 1,664 Total Reviews
Base Auckland Located at Corner of Queen St and Darby St, Darby Street, Auckland.
New Zealand
Auckland 1010 Corner of Queen St and Darby St, Darby Street
71% 1664
-36.8497838 174.7645854
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 41+
13th Jul 2016

Emma was Amazing!!! I had a short but nice stay! Thank You,

Hi there, thank you so much for your review! Emma will be stoked to have been mentioned. Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels! Cheers, Darelle Jenkins.

12th Jul 2016
5.7

Make the place clean. The couches are ripped. The kitchen is filthy and smells. Same with bathrooms. I was grossed out staying there

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. Some of our couches are in need of replacement, we have been working on lots of refurbishments over the winter, still got a fair bit to go but it will be done. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Thank you, Darelle Jenkins.

9th Jul 2016
4.3

Deffinitly would not recomend this hostel. Beds were crammed together in small smelly rooms with no ventalation. There was garbage and food all over the floor of the room i was supposed to stay in. Only good thing was the location.

Hi there, thank you for your review. I'm sorry you felt the room was crammed. We have actually decided to change this into a 4 bed since your comments, so thank you very much. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Thanks again, Darelle Jenkins.

24th Jun 2016

I thought this was a great hostel! The facilities were fantastic and the kitchen was more than adequate. The only issue was the lack of car parking. It was $34 a day to park my car in the nearby garage!

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
20th Jun 2016

Very good location off Queeen Street. Handy to the trains at Britomart and Skybus up Queen Street. Clean and tidy place. Staff obliging even to an old man! I thought it steep to have to pay for WiFi, however. I stayed at a similar place in Edinburgh in September 2014 and did not have to pay for internet service.

Hi there, thank you very much for leaving us a review, great to hear you enjoyed your stay. Safe onwards travels, Darelle Jenkins.

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
13th Jun 2016

I stay here every time I come into Auckland on my own. It is central, safe and most of all the staff make me feel welcome even when I arrive late at night. The room is clean and comfortable and, despite being in the centre of the city, it is quiet.

Hi there, thank you so much for leaving us a review! Really pleased the team make you feel welcome. Thank you for being a loyal customer! Hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, Darelle Jenkins.

8th Jun 2016

Really enjoyed our stay. Ckean, staff was friendly and helpful, good facilities and common spaces.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Safe travels, Darelle Jenkins.

5th Jun 2016
5.7

I have stayed at a few bases and most weren't bad, overall clean. This hostel is one the the dirtiest, smelliest I have stayed in so far. The bathroom and shower floors don't look like they get cleaned, the halls on floor 6 smell like cigarettes from the bar, got an upgrade to a 4 bed room, butbw longtermers which were more messy. sheets and all the bedding was clean though which is nice and it is a great location. Wifi is $7 for ok connection. Go use mcdonalds wifi. Might look elsewhere.

Hi there, thanks for your review. Sorry to hear there were some cleanliness issues, am currently re-arranging the long termers to eradicate this issue. In regards to the bathrooms, we clean these atleast 4 times a day, i will be investigating who clean them on those days you stayed. Thanks again. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Darelle Jenkins.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
2nd Jun 2016
6.6

Have to pay for wifi, not allowed alcohol on premises (probably to help their bars in the building make more money). Bathrooms need a major overhaul as are terrible including a shower that has been non functional according to a sign on it since November 2015

Hi there, thanks for leaving a review. Unfortunately as we have onsite bars - we are a licensed premises which means patrons cant BYO. Our bathrooms are in the middle of being renovated, we have completed 4 so far and the rest are being worked on as we go, I'm sure you can understand the size of this job, its taking a while but we are getting there :) Thanks again, Darelle Jenkins.

28th May 2016

It may be noisy during weekend but it doesn't bother me that much. Everything else felt like home.