7.2
Very Good 1,679 Total Reviews
7.2
Very Good 1,679 Total Reviews
Base Auckland Located at Corner of Queen St and Darby St, Darby Street, Auckland.
New Zealand
Auckland 1010 Corner of Queen St and Darby St, Darby Street
72% 1679
-36.8497838 174.7645854
    Rooms available

• Scotland, Female, 31-40
18th Aug 2016
3.1

The hostel was disgusting, there was only one female toilet for the whole floor and this was not clean I had to ask reception if someone actually cleans it, the showers. The person who checked me in couldn't have looked more bored if he tried and the bins in the hostel had no lids and we're over flowing, the kitchen was also awful . The only good thing was the room wasn't as bad. But overall not clean.

• Malaysia, Female, 41+
11th Aug 2016
7.4

the room we had was right above the bar101, so we could hear music and people talking and laughing till 4 am.

• Uruguay, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2016
5.1

Tables in the kitchen were dirty. Hall between lounge and kitchen had an ugly and strong smell. No cups. Fridge smells rotten Bathrooms were not clean properly. During the night had noises coming from other floors, loud music. Staff, ubication and security good.

Hi there, thanks for your review. There are lots of upgrades and refurbishments happening at the moment which will improve alot of what you have mentioned. Thanks again, Darelle Jenkins

21st Jul 2016
4.3

Wish it was kept a bit cleaner

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. So sorry to hear about the cleanliness, i have discussed this with the housekeeping team and will be sure to keep an even closer eye especially on that level you stayed on. Thanks, Darelle J.

• USA, Female, 41+
13th Jul 2016

Emma was Amazing!!! I had a short but nice stay! Thank You,

Hi there, thank you so much for your review! Emma will be stoked to have been mentioned. Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels! Cheers, Darelle Jenkins.

12th Jul 2016
5.7

Make the place clean. The couches are ripped. The kitchen is filthy and smells. Same with bathrooms. I was grossed out staying there

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. Some of our couches are in need of replacement, we have been working on lots of refurbishments over the winter, still got a fair bit to go but it will be done. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Thank you, Darelle Jenkins.

9th Jul 2016
4.3

Deffinitly would not recomend this hostel. Beds were crammed together in small smelly rooms with no ventalation. There was garbage and food all over the floor of the room i was supposed to stay in. Only good thing was the location.

Hi there, thank you for your review. I'm sorry you felt the room was crammed. We have actually decided to change this into a 4 bed since your comments, so thank you very much. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Thanks again, Darelle Jenkins.

24th Jun 2016

I thought this was a great hostel! The facilities were fantastic and the kitchen was more than adequate. The only issue was the lack of car parking. It was $34 a day to park my car in the nearby garage!

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
20th Jun 2016

Very good location off Queeen Street. Handy to the trains at Britomart and Skybus up Queen Street. Clean and tidy place. Staff obliging even to an old man! I thought it steep to have to pay for WiFi, however. I stayed at a similar place in Edinburgh in September 2014 and did not have to pay for internet service.

Hi there, thank you very much for leaving us a review, great to hear you enjoyed your stay. Safe onwards travels, Darelle Jenkins.

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
13th Jun 2016

I stay here every time I come into Auckland on my own. It is central, safe and most of all the staff make me feel welcome even when I arrive late at night. The room is clean and comfortable and, despite being in the centre of the city, it is quiet.

Hi there, thank you so much for leaving us a review! Really pleased the team make you feel welcome. Thank you for being a loyal customer! Hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, Darelle Jenkins.