Base Auckland

Good 1941 Total Reviews

• Germany, Female, 25-30
19th Feb 2017
4.6

I chose this hostel because of short distance to centre/bus stop etc. The facilities are okay but nothing special. The kitchen is huge, not very clean, fridge and cupboard are dirty and the tables so as the eating area are not comfortable at all. Unfortunately somebody stole money from me in my room. I know it's not a mistake of the Base Hostel but if they provided lockers in the room, that would not have happened. I'm really sad about that. It was a regular stay in a abnormal huge hostel.

• Germany, Couple, 18-24
17th Feb 2017
4.0

Locations good but like all other base hostels it wasn't clean there was a bad smell in the bathroom, the rooms too small and no AC or window! The kitchen was big but not clean (not the fault of base)

• Canada, Female, 25-30
16th Feb 2017

Was only in the hostel to sleep, didn't even use the kitchen so can't give it a review as I didn't even see it. Got a free drink voucher with the room I booked (I think they call it female sanctuary) so went to the rooftop bar. Preferred the atmosphere of the bar next door. No real complaints.

• lauraabigale
  • England, Female, 18-24
15th Feb 2017
5.4

Staff were not very helpful, I arrived at 6.30am (when booking I told them this) and they would not give me a room until 2pm. Their check in time is 2pm, but I have not stayed in another hostel that doesn't try to accommodate you as soon as possible when arriving early hours. The staff were generally unhelpful with any questions I had. Rooms weren't kept clean, bed sheets were dirty and and the bathrooms were disgusting! Other than location I would not recommend this hostel.

• England, Female, 41+
13th Feb 2017
7.1

The bunk beds were difficult to climb if you happen to be on top bunk, I didn't like not having a window, the dorm was chaotic because quite a few people weren't using lockers and the carpet was filthy - on arrival my sheets were dirty and I had to ask 3 times for it to be resolved - when I reported no toilet roll on an entire floor they sorted that out very quickly

12th Feb 2017
4.9

Probably the worst hostel I've ever stayed at. I had a 4 bed room and it was the smallest room I've ever seen. No room for people's bags at all just the beds. There is no AC and it is extremely hot and everyone basically had to sleep naked. The area outside the hostel didn't feel safe and I'm a male. The hostel itself was huge. Didn't seem like they had anyone to clean it EVER. Found used condoms in the showers and toilets paper all over the floors. Showers were alright but only 3 for many guest

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
9th Feb 2017
6.6

Only two showers for 60+ persons. They weren't nice and clean either. Beds and dorm were ok. The door squeezed a lot

• Israel, Couple, 18-24
7th Feb 2017
5.7

We had a bad experience with the staff. A bit rude and not so nice. The room itself wasn't clean,and we asked several times at the reception to fix our beds until they actually came. There were Burger King cups on the floor, and bottom line- we had so many better experiences in other places.

5th Feb 2017
4.3

Hell on earth. Signs throughout the property warn no alcohol is allowed and threaten $200 fines for transgressions. But these, evidently, are idle and empty threats. I spent two nights in this place made bleak by the hellishness of other "guests" who cannot, apparently, behave in a civilized manner. My roommates spent most of the entire evening and night swilling vodka and copious bottles of beer while playing loud and dreadful "music" on amplified demonic machine. Once a decent place .. now not

5th Feb 2017
7.7

Too me personally this place was just way too big. People everywhere! I prefer an intimate hostel setting. Not really a fan of waiting in line to pee.