Base Auckland

6.8
Good 2054 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
18th May 2017

Fantastic Location. Great staff.

Hi, Thank you for your recent review, we really appreciate all the feedback we received. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.We hope to see you some time in the future. Kind regards, Sam

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
18th May 2017
8.0

Place was great, good location, friendly and helpful staff. Only problems was showerhead did not fit in holder which made it difficult to shower, and there was some clothing left in the bathroom by a previous customer.

Hi, Thank you for you recent feedback, we really appreciate all the reviews we receive. Thank you for letting us know about the shower head in your room. We have passed your comments on to our maintenance department for immediate action. Kind Regards, Sam

• England, Male, 25-30
2nd May 2017
6.0

Beds are comfy. Lockers for your bags under the bed. Toilets and showers weren't very clean and the shower was like one of those that you get in the changing rooms in the swimming baths. It did the job for the night which is all I needed but I wouldn't have liked to have an extended stay there. The bar downstairs was quite nice for meeting people as well and the drinks were cheaper than other bars in Auckland.

Hi, Thank you for your review, we really appreciate all the feedback we receive. Your comments are appreciated, enjoy the rest of your travels. Kind Regards, Sam

• England, Couple, 18-24
1st May 2017

Really nice hostel, great location! Got that chain hostel nature but does the job for a few nights!

Hi, Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Kind regards, Sam

• Finland, Female, 31-40
22nd Apr 2017
4.9

Where to start? The room was damp, my bed was unclean, when I went to sleep, I had immediate breathing issues, got an eye infection from the pillow/bed linen. Worst: staff response was just the most unprofessional I have ever experienced. Luckily the next day I was given a better room by a customer friendly staff member. Then stayed for 3 extra nights to get better, only to find out at the end that I was paying a much higher rate than their normal rate? Wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone.

Hi, Thank you for your review, sorry to hear about the experience in your first room. Unfortunately we can't always control the odours from dormitory rooms when there are other guests however we do our best to minimise them where we can. I have spoken to the staff about their professionalism as that isn't good enough. In regards to the room rate, you were staying over the world master games event where our rates were higher during this period. I hope you have safe onward travels. Kind Regards, Darelle Jenkins.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
20th Apr 2017
4.6

Would not stay again. Loud and dirty in total. There is better value for money available!

HI, Thank you for your review, we really appreciate all the feedback we receive. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Kind regards, Sam

17th Apr 2017

Very good hostel in the heart of the city - everywhere is accessible and the stay was good! Some of the rooms are in the centre of the building with no windows which is a bit sad but highly recommend to anyone heading to auckland!

Hi, Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Base Auckland. We really appreciated all the comments we receive. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. All the best for your future travels. Kind Regards, Sam.

16th Apr 2017
6.9

Standard Base. Kind of dirty all around, wifi is costly and barely works in room, staff were helpful but not always the nicest about it. My room did have a window, but it was to a dark hallway, and I saw some rooms that were in worse shape. Best thing about it is the great location.

Hi, Thank you for your review on your stay at Base Auckland. We really appreciate all the feedback we receive. I have taken on board your comments and will look in to why the Wifi was not working in the room you stayed in. Once again thank you and i hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Kind Regards, Sam

14th Apr 2017
6.0

The entry smells a bit like urine and the bar downstairs kept us up all night. the staff was great but facilities itself were not, also there was no free wifi!

Hi, Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your comments. I will be looking in to the wifi as we have free wifi available everyday from 9am to 7pm in our reception area. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Kind regards, Sam

• Germany, Female, 25-30
10th Apr 2017
6.9

My friend and I stated for the night due to her having an old voucher. Staff didn't know what first what to do with it but sorted it out fast and polite. Room as on the 9th floor(quiet and overall clean). 3 showers and 2 toilets for the floor worked for us as we arrived late and left super early. Both were clean (cleaner in the evening than morning - girls don't be trashy and clean up after yourself!). Room was occupied by 3 long term stays who used the entire room and floor - annoying!

Hi, Thank you for your your feedback on your stay at Base Auckland. We appreciate your comments. Im sorry there was some confusion on check in but im glad to hear it was sorted quickly for you. Enjoy the rest of your travels. Kind regards, Sam