Base Auckland Reviews

Corner of Queen St and Darby St, Darby Street, Auckland, New Zealand

I think that the Base crew are very nice to me and go the extra mile for me, & that Base Auckland is a bright, lively, exciting place to stay! Sanctuary is very lovely with very sweet treats from Base, for girls. : )

• 26th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Great hostel. Location is brilliant. Friendly staff. Enjoyed my stay.

• 31st May 2015

Awesome place to stay really enjoyed my stay and the staff were amazing as well

• 22nd May 2015
  • New Zealand

Very clean and organized hostel. Location is perfect, and there's a bar downstairs.

Base Auckland is in a great location and the room was great. The staff were lovely and always willing to help.

• 7th May 2015

Base is in a great location on Queen st. The kitchen had everything you'd need. It was very clean, although our room didn't have a window which wasn't ideal. Overall though a good hostel.

I unclear where to find the reception when I first arrived, otherwise totally satisfied with the hostel.

• 26th Apr 2015

A very central location, but it will b better if its name sign and diretions sign will b clearer & more attractive. It rather took time for me to find it.

Was a nice location... room could have had some light! And the bathroom was probably worse I have ever seen in Hostel... in fact I felt cleaner before I had a shower! But the staff were awesome... the breakfast was decent...

Excelente localizacao, bem no meio da Queen e pretíssimo da torre. Proximo de varios bares, restaurantes e colada num barzinho/boate excelente

I hated this hostel! From the moment I arrived it was awful. The staff were unfriendly and clearly didn't care, the rooms were tiny with no windows, the kitchen was a tip and felt like a dirty school cafeteria on a hectic lunch hour and pretty much everything was broken. The lifts are a joke and WiFi is not free. Seriously, pay an extra couple of dollars and stay somewhere with a soul! This place is just a conveyer belt that cares only about money. Base should be ashamed of themselves!!!

we booked a twin room with ensuit. First they checked is in a double with NO window. Than we moved to a twin. That room was realy dirty (rubbish, hair, dirty old bed sheets), but at least 2 beds. Every night (ex. sunday) from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. you can hear the veeeeery loud music from the club next door. Even earplugs didn't helped!!

The staff at this hostel were great. The walls of the rooms seemed to be quite thin, and after a night of no sleep thanks to some noisy neighbours, the next day the guys at reception just switched me to a new room with no hassle. The private rooms are quite basic and it has the worlds slowest lifts, but it's got a friendly bar on the 6th floor and the location is fantastic, as were the staff.

Worst hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 15th Mar 2015

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights and found it okay. The beds are horrifically squeaky and the rooms get quite stuffy but if you don't stay in them a lot it's okay!! Location is good, right on queen street. The attached bar is really nice too. Would have been nice to see more than one person on reception when 50 people check out though. It's not rocket science!!

We wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone. The only good thing about it is the location, but the staff is the worst, they don't care about any costumer and there is no love at all In this business.

The shower should be clean more often and the kitchen was a mess.

Big hostel, very unfriendly stuff ... Never go back into a base hostel

• 6th Mar 2015

Everything was generally kept pretty clean, but the amenities were minimal and the elevator situation is outrageous. I wish there was an accessible staircase.

Biraz yukarda kalıyor, odalar çok kötü havasız penceresiz ve barın üstü aşırı gürültülü uyumak imkansız.

« first « Prev 1 2 3