Base Auckland Reviews

Corner of Queen St and Darby St, Darby Street, Auckland, New Zealand

Staff at Base were not fun and friendly as you would expect staff to be at hostels. There was always a huge lineup at reception and it always seemed as though you were inconveniencing them with questions.

The rooms where absolutely discausting, even after a room change it still wasn't like it should be. By far worst base hostel I've seen so far.. A disappointment

The place is nice, the location was the high point of it! Staff was friendly since almost all of them are actual backpackers working for accommodation! Bathroom could use some more frequent cleaning though.. and they definitely need more fridges in the kitchen since I couldn't find a spot to put my stuff! Overall, good money value if you want a cheap and comfortable place to stay in Auckland!

The rooms with windows are good but the queues for reception are terrible

One of the better Xbases with lots of discounts & free extras. Common rooms, gym, & work space are added bonus. Facilities are hit & miss though (great kitchen but terrible bathrooms & lounge). The wifi was excellent with coverage to rooms. Rooms were very good with beds & power points. Needed fixes are: TV lounge is broken & old, showers do not drain. The staff is also a bit slow and we had to wait for an hour to check out.

Just stayed there for one night to get my flight on the next day. Nice and clean hostel. I just didn't like that they didn't have any windows in the room I stayed in. The blonde girl who checked me in was really nice.

1 2 3 Next » last »