Base Auckland Reviews

Corner of Queen St and Darby St, Darby Street, Auckland, New Zealand

The area immediately around this hostel is now full of homeless people, making Queen St unsafe at night. Staying in the sanctuary is absolutely worth it, particularly as being higher in the building made it quieter than previous stays on lower levels, so I got a much better sleep. A highlight was the cooked breakfast from the dashing Frenchman Sylvain, who is fun to tease over trying to make the perfect coffee. If you stay, totally have breakfast there too, bring a smile and enjoy.

I think that the Base crew are very nice to me and go the extra mile for me, & that Base Auckland is a bright, lively, exciting place to stay! Sanctuary is very lovely with very sweet treats from Base, for girls. : )

• 26th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

La verdad que el hostel no me gusto en lo mas Mínimo, los baños súper sucios, llego al hostel y mi cama estaba toda sucia, en la cual tuve que pedir dos veces que si la podían limpiar, la cocina parecía un chiquero. Nunca hago comentarios respecto a los hostel pero este la verdad no me gusto en lo mas mínimo!!!!

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Uruguay

Great hostel. Location is brilliant. Friendly staff. Enjoyed my stay.

• 31st May 2015

Awesome place to stay really enjoyed my stay and the staff were amazing as well

• 22nd May 2015
  • New Zealand

Very clean and organized hostel. Location is perfect, and there's a bar downstairs.

Excelente localização porém falta atendentes bilíngüe isso é ruim visto o grande número de turistas que chegam pra estudar inglês na cidade...

• 13th May 2015

Base Auckland is in a great location and the room was great. The staff were lovely and always willing to help.

• 7th May 2015

Base is in a great location on Queen st. The kitchen had everything you'd need. It was very clean, although our room didn't have a window which wasn't ideal. Overall though a good hostel.

Thanks Caroline, We do actually have a lot of rooms with windows, let us know if you are back in Auckland and we will make sure you get one next time! Hopefully see you soon. Amanda Base Auckland

I unclear where to find the reception when I first arrived, otherwise totally satisfied with the hostel.

• 26th Apr 2015

A very central location, but it will b better if its name sign and diretions sign will b clearer & more attractive. It rather took time for me to find it.

Base was very bad. Reserve para ingresar el 12 de abril a la madrugada, una de la mañana. Después de un largo viaje desde Argentina, llegué y me dijeron que no tenia reserva para ese día. Les mostré mi reserva y me dijeron que en realidad yo había reservado para el 13, porque ellos consideraban que una de la mañana seguía siendo 11 de abril y no 12. Es decir, 12 de abril una de la mañana, no hay forma de confusión. Tuve que pagar esa noche y no me perdí el dinero que había pagado como reserva.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

Was a nice location... room could have had some light! And the bathroom was probably worse I have ever seen in Hostel... in fact I felt cleaner before I had a shower! But the staff were awesome... the breakfast was decent...

Excelente localizacao, bem no meio da Queen e pretíssimo da torre. Proximo de varios bares, restaurantes e colada num barzinho/boate excelente

I hated this hostel! From the moment I arrived it was awful. The staff were unfriendly and clearly didn't care, the rooms were tiny with no windows, the kitchen was a tip and felt like a dirty school cafeteria on a hectic lunch hour and pretty much everything was broken. The lifts are a joke and WiFi is not free. Seriously, pay an extra couple of dollars and stay somewhere with a soul! This place is just a conveyer belt that cares only about money. Base should be ashamed of themselves!!!

I booked a 8 bed room and got a 4 bed room in a really small room without a Window !!! It was no air inside and fu***** hot ! You think you will die over night because you can't breath. NO-GO !

we booked a twin room with ensuit. First they checked is in a double with NO window. Than we moved to a twin. That room was realy dirty (rubbish, hair, dirty old bed sheets), but at least 2 beds. Every night (ex. sunday) from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. you can hear the veeeeery loud music from the club next door. Even earplugs didn't helped!!

The staff at this hostel were great. The walls of the rooms seemed to be quite thin, and after a night of no sleep thanks to some noisy neighbours, the next day the guys at reception just switched me to a new room with no hassle. The private rooms are quite basic and it has the worlds slowest lifts, but it's got a friendly bar on the 6th floor and the location is fantastic, as were the staff.

Worst hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 15th Mar 2015

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights and found it okay. The beds are horrifically squeaky and the rooms get quite stuffy but if you don't stay in them a lot it's okay!! Location is good, right on queen street. The attached bar is really nice too. Would have been nice to see more than one person on reception when 50 people check out though. It's not rocket science!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3