Base Bay of Islands

7.8
Very Good 124 Total Reviews

10th Feb 2017
7.7

Wifi was really slow, and they turned it off at 7. The plugs in the room were all in the lockers at the back of the room. Very small kitchen for a hostel this size. However I found it very easy to make friends here, and had a good atmosphere at night. Although the bar became one in one out at 10pm so you had to queue to get into your own hostel bar

Hi, Thanks for your review. In the room you have stayed in we have recently had lockers installed which contain 2 plugs so you can secure your belongings and charge them at the same time. Glad you enjoyed our bar. Its is one of the highlights for many of our visitors. Its is a popular spot so its advisable to get in early to avoid queuing We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels Base Pipi Patch Crew :)

• Scotland, Couple, 25-30
19th Jan 2017

Had a double room here for one night. Room was a little dated but the bed was comfy and the facilities were good. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Would highly recommend.

Hi there, Thanks for taking your time to leave feedback. We are currently updating our private rooms so hope to see you back again to see the updates Great to hear your enjoyed your stay. Enjoy the rest of your time in NZ Base Pipi Patch Crew :)

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
4th Jan 2017
4.9

No plugs or lamps in bedrooms No security on gate Broken shower door

Hi there, Thanks for your review. I am un-sure what room you stayed in as we have plugs and lights in all our bedrooms. We have an on-site 24hr security guard and 2 security guards onsite for our bar between 10pm and 1.30am every night - they are not always on our gate but can always be found on the property for any queries We hope you enjoyed your stay here Base Pipi Patch Crew :)

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
2nd Jan 2017
4.0

The cleaning crew took some of my belongings because they thought I checked out, while I had extended my stay. When I checked out the day after and asked about it, they suggested I wait for the cleaning crew to arrive. I didnt want to wait, so this issue remained unsolved...

Hi, Thanks for your review. I am unaware of this situation but here at the Pipi Patch we do our very best to ensure all belongings that are left behind are reunited with their owners. Sometimes we can not immediately assist if our housekeeping team are not present as they record the lost properly I hope you have been in touch since to resolve and get your item back Kind regards Sinead Hostel Manager

• England, Couple, 25-30
23rd Nov 2016

The kitchen was fully equipped, quite messy and didn't smell great but that was after a full day of use, the next morning it was nice and clean and tidy. Room was pretty messy with loads of left over food from previous guests, there were ants on the surfaces. Was fine if you don't use the kitchenette in the room. Bathroom was OK and bedding was clean. Great location 5 minute walk from the centre of Pahia and only 2 minutes to the beach.

21st Nov 2016

Overall pleasant stay, however the mattresses were a bit uncomfortable because you could easily feel all the springs. Great staff, helped my friend and I book tours and give tips for around town.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
27th Oct 2016

Really good place to stay! Amazing staff that was very helpful for our next journey. Free wifi that was a little slow and the kitchen is not well equipped. Cool little pool and spa to chill in after kayaking or other activities in the hot sun! I recommend it for sure!