Base Brisbane - Central Reviews

308 Edward Street, Brisbane, Australia

Me and my partner stayed here for 3 nights in a double room which me myself I thought was extremely expensive for a bed in a room not even a TV or something entertaining was like being in a mental hospital and for the hostel activities if you want to get steaming all time then is a good hostel shower I used was broken. The hostel was abit of a dump really the corridors just smell really stale and was very unpleasant kitchen was clean though I would recommend for base for a typical backpacker

• 20th Aug 2015

Xlent position. No tea or coffee bummer. $4.00 to look after my bag for 1 hour😕.

• 14th Aug 2015

Very very noisy at night so if you're after a bit of a party you'll be fine (really good pub crawl!) but if you're after a decent kip you might struggle if you're on the lower floors. Really handy location for the train.

The experience was good and difference for me. For the position I was in. Staying with them was good and easy. In the future if i need to stay there iI wilk consider it again.

• 9th Aug 2015

The only hostel to charge for the use of a luggage room and not allow you to use facilities after check out. The standard of bathrooms/showers was very poor so it was expensive for what you got. Great location.

Only 2 lockable cupboards in a 6 bed dorm.. But other then to squeaky bed it is perfect!

• 30th Jul 2015

I enjoyed my stay as I thought it was in a great location, but the cleanliness of this hostel was very poor the rooms were not cleaned toilets and showers were dirty and smelt even the corridors. There was a broken window in my room covered with a board and a curtain so as I had a bed near the window I felt the cold an heard all the noise from bars below.

• 20th Jul 2015

The lock on the door in the room was broken so you didn't need a key to get in. Very unsafe, but did have lockers, 6 for 8 people and half were broken. Club below is vibrating the whole first floor until about 8 am. the bar is very fun when you want to go out but if you're actually trying to sleep stay somewhere else.

The location, service and rooms are all top quality. Same can't be said for the men's showers on Level 4. They look like they haven't been upgraded since the building went up in the 1930's. Other than that, highly recommended.

The house looks pretty cutie, but when you get in, everything is really old and dirty. The walls are damaged, the bed are very uncomfortable and dirty. Never saw so broken bunkbeds in a hostel... The kitchen, especially the fridges are too full, you do not have enough space for your stuff. Its pretty loud, downstairs is a bar and a nightclub. And also the other guest are very rude and impolite. The only positive at these hostel is where it is located. It is pretty central.

• 9th Jul 2015

We had a double bedroom which was a bit noisy due to the decorations above our door which were had open spaces to the aisle. The commercials for the bar on the speak system (next to our door) was also a bit annoying. For information: We booked 5 nights but only stayed 2 (nothing to do with the hostel). The staff was unable to give money back but only vouchers for future stays. Otherwise nice location and reasonable value for money.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

It was very grim and basic. However i was lucky to be in a good room full of great people so I didn't mind because I had a great time. Nice location, noisy but from the bar. Loved the bar expect for the bouncers who were very heavy handed on a young female. The showers were discusting. Some staff were lovely whilst others less so.

• 24th Jun 2015

Hi Charlotte, thank-you for leaving a review for Base Central. We do offer free ear plugs to any guests that have trouble sleeping from the bar, luckily most people don't seem to be affected by it. All of the bouncers that work for our bars undergo extensive training to deal with any issues that may arise. We hope you enjoy your travels!

BASE CENTRAL IS A MASSIVE HOSTEL, TONS OF TOUR AND JOB OPTIONS, LOCATED AT THE HEART OF THE CITY, WOOLWORTHS IS VERY CLOSE, LARGE KITCHEN, HAS A BAR DOWNSTAIRS, NO HANG OUT AREA. MORE OF A PLACE TO LIVE CHEAP IF YOURE WORKING IN BRISBANE.

Hi Henrique, thank-you for leaving a review! We are currently in the process of creating a larger hang out area for our guests. We hope you stay with us again so you can see it! Enjoy your travels!

It's cheap and you get privacy in a single room. That's about it. I stayed one night while attending a conference. Slept on the fourth floor, well, slept, tried to sleep. Very noisy and very drunk people on the floor, and when that died down, there was the music from the bar down at the hostel, who apparently have a 5am license to make enough bass noise tovibrate me out of my bed. If that's your thing and if you don't plan on sleeping anyway, I guess it may be lots of fun.

• 20th Jun 2015

Hi Bouke, Thanks so much for leaving a review. I apologise about the loud music coming from the bar underneath the hostel, we do try to address this by giving out free ear plugs to any guests that have trouble sleeping. There is a receptionist that does hourly walks around the hostel to avoid any noise in the hall ways. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you would like to discuss your experience further.

If you want to party this is it. that's about it.

the lock on the door to our dorm room was broken the whole time we stayed here so anyone could walk in at anytime which wasn't very safe. We asked for it to be fixed, after waiting a day it did get fixed only to break again within about half an hour. We reported it broken again but it didn't get fixed before we left. it's a very party based hostel so I would only go if you are planning to go out every night. on the plus side it's a good location to explore the city.

The kitchen is really small for all the people in the hostel. The atmosphere is nice. The bar downstairs is always full...if you are looking for a calm place to stay, I will not suggest this hostel!

Kitchen and dinning area are very small and ill equipped for a 5 story hostel. Very much a party hostel, there are signs saying no alcohol in the room, but every room we saw had bottles and boxes littering the floor as well as ppl drinking in the rooms. The staff don't seem to know what they are doing. They had a hard time finding reservations in the system and couldn't keep track of what beds in the room were suppose to be empty.

I enjoyed my stay at this place, can only recommend to others. Cool!

• 13th May 2015
  • Hungary

Thank you for taking the time to review Base Central Brisbane. Were glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Safe travels from the Base Central crew.

It was often seen the lift use to get stuck on 3rd and 4th floor because the door of the lift was malfunctioning properly due to which guest need to use the staircase to goup . Regds Nitesh

• 27th Apr 2015