Base Brisbane - Central Reviews

308 Edward Street, Brisbane, Australia

Best lication. Nice old building.

Great location and very helpful staff, but its very old and noisy building (constant ventilation noises, bar down stairs and thin walls). Im an easy sleeper, but here I really had a bad night..

Awesome staff and great party hostel!

• 12th Jan 2016

I dident enjoy my stay here at all for starters the hostel is a rip off at $36 a night should only be about $20 a night due to how old and run down it is I've stayed at better places for cheaper. Not to mention the noise echoing up the hostel from the pub next door can't get a decent night sleep with bass thumping all night. The staff member was very helpful and changed my room for me but still lost half the nights sleep . worst hostel I've stayed at don't recommend it .

Good location & rooms were actually alright. We were in an 8 bed dorm over Xmas and ended up just the 4 in our group in it for 2 nights. Not much of an atmosphere there though. would have been hard to meet people if you were alone.

Hi, thanks for leaving a review. We do have activities such as city tours, museum walks, days at the lagoon, BBQ's where most people tend to meet people. We also have very popular nights in our bars. Hopefully you get to attend them the next time you stay with us. Thanks, The Base Central Crew

Location was very good. Just a short walk from Central station. Stayed in a single room, which was old. Toilets were old and showers were pretty weak. Thought that price for single room was pretty expensive considering the state of the rooms and toilets.

Hi, thanks for leaving a review. We are an older building which most people do appreciate. We are hoping to go through a re-furb at some point this year. Thanks, The Base Central Crew

Facilities very outdated, bathrooms were gross, and overall the place was not that clean. There are lots of sociable events put on so quite noisy, though I mostly slept ok. It's extremely central with great transport links, though anyone can walk in off the street with just a keycard for the room. It's ok but I'm sure there must be better hostels in Brisbane.

Hi, thanks for leaving a review. All are bathrooms are cleaned twice a day. Our building is a little older but we think that provides us with a bit more character that your basic hostel. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Thanks, The Base Central Crew

If you're looking for a social and fun party hostel in the center of the city, this hostel is for you!

Hi, thank you for leaving a review. We are glad you enjoyed your time here. We hope to see you again! Thanks, The Base Central Crew

Nice & clean Hostel, looks a bit like a hotel. Kitchen is okay, rooms and bathrooms can just be opened with a roomcard. Perfect location, directly in the city!

Hi Sarah, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Base Central. We are happy to hear you took full advantage of our facilities and great location. We hope you get the chance to stay with us again! Save travels, the Base Crew

Very hard to get any sleep as people were being loud in the room until 3am.

Hi, thanks so much for leaving a review. We are known for being a party hostel with two greats below with amazing deals on meals and always guarantee a fun night out. Thanks, The Base Central Crew

Great location and much better than what we were expecting as we had heard bad things. Would return

Hi Jon, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Base Central. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our great location! We hope you get the change to stay with us again. Save travels! The Base Crew

It was very noisy there, and the holes in the doors to the rooms made it even worse. The beds were uncomfortable. And someone vacuum cleaned right outside our room at 7 AM on a Sunday morning.

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Norway

Hi, The holes above the door to which your a referring are the original archway of the doorways. The building is over 100 years old, so most people appreciate the architecture here. We apologize that our cleaners woke you up, however, as we do have a 420 bed hostel, we do need to make sure that everything gets cleaned throughout the day.

The travel desk rocks!

• 29th Nov 2015

Thank-you for leaving a review!

I didn't get a towel which I thought I would get as it was included in the photo. Also the room had a musky smell.

• 28th Nov 2015

Hi, we do not offer a towel to each guest, however, your can rent a towel from reception if you ask for it. Enjoy your travels!

Location and staff were great. Shame about everything else in this hostel, the kitchen was gross and when we arrived my bed looked like someone had been sleeping in it! A real shame as we've stayed at other base hostels and they have been great! Please invest in some AC the rooms were extremely hot!

Hi Abi, Thank you very much for leaving a review for Base Central. All old linen have been replaced. The building has a central air-condition system, that ensures cold air through out. Recently we have installed extra airconditioning in some of the rooms. We hope you get the change to stay with us again. Save travels, the Base Crew

I've stayed at many hostels in Europe. I'm Australian, this is the first time I've stayed in a hostel in Australia and it was so bad compared to the rest of the world. Step it up Brisbane. I love Brisbane but come on ❤️ Your location is so damn good on Ann street, make it worth it!

• 26th Nov 2015

We didn't enjoy our stay at this hostel. It's location is probably the only good thing about it as its central and next to the train station. However, it felt really dirty and dingy, when we were cooking in the kitchen (which was ridiculously hot with basically no ventilation) there were cockroaches. The beds smelt like BO and made me itch all night. We didn't check out the bar but it looked decent, but pretty empty.

Hi Larissa, Thanks for leaving a review for Base Central. Unfortunately, as we are in the summer period in a busy city in the middle of Queensland, we do have the odd occurrence of insects in the property, this however, is treated every fortnight by pest control. All sheets are changed daily with fresh linen. It's a petty that you stayed with us on our quietest night in the bar, we hope you can stay with us on a Wednesday or Thursday, as these are our most popular nights.

Base Brisbane- Central was in a perfect location for everything that my friend and I wanted to do. The shopping and transport are close, and walks to the waterfront are easy to do. Also, the kitchen area was very clean and well organized and we never had a problem with waiting around for people to finish up with their stations. Our overall experience here was great and I would definitely stay here again if I return to Brisbane.

• 18th Nov 2015

Hi Megan, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Base Central. We are very happy to hear that you took advance of our facilities and great location. We hope you get the chance to stay with us again soon! Regards, Base Central Crew

Stayed in private room for one night, very noisy ventilation system right outside the window and the interior doesn't look like it's been updated in 100 years. I just wanted a private bed for the night though and got what I paid for so can't really complain.

Hi Conor, Thank you for leaving a review for Base Central. Our building is over 100 years old, we think it provides the building with great character and it is something we are proud of. If anyone has trouble with sleeping, we give out ear plugs at our 24-hour reception. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you get the chance to stay with us again. Regards, the Base Crew.

Great hostel in a great location. Nice little pub downstairs with lots of regularly ongoing activities.

« first « Prev 1 2 3