Base Brisbane - Central Reviews

308 Edward Street, Brisbane, Australia

Nice and clean hostel, good location, but nothing special.

Dents in wall; knob missing from fan; loud vent outside open window meant sleep near impossible and couldn't shut the window to block it out. Inside appearance was of being unclean; entry to Base needs to be more easily accessible. Walls not the shiny painted walls as depicted in website; nor any pretty cushions on bed - only 1 flat pillow, not 2 as in website picture. Never again.

• 1st Oct 2014

Very convenient.

Good basic room. Clean, small. smelled of sweat a bit, but opened window so all ok. Good for overnight or very budget traveller.

Hostel that charge for wifi need to die. Hostels that charge for wifi that doesn't properly work need to die twice.

I stayed here (fortunately) only 2 nights. It's the worst hostel I've been to in Australia yet. It's a really old building and it just looks shabby. All rooms have an open window over the door so you can hear everything what's going on outside. The Down Under Bar is right below so the loud music/bass kept me awake all night. Only 2 power plugs for 4 people. A cockroach chased me in the kitchen. Would not recommend this place if you're looking for some sleep... It's a party hostel!

If never want to sleep is the perfect hostel. Room you can hear the music from the club, slaps windows with the vibrations of the music club. There are parties every night so impossible to sleep. staff is not pleasant. When I asked to change rooms, the receptionist was lost and did'nt find me other room. The cleanliness left to be desired in the bathrooms. The kitchen is dirty, I board not even dared to cook. a good thing it is the location of the hostel. The vacuum cleaner is a past 8 o'clock

• 22nd Aug 2014

Pulito accogliente ed economico!

• 15th Aug 2014

Ciao Alessandro, grazie per aver aver lasciato il tuo commento. Siamo contenti che ti sia trovato bene in Brisbane Central. Buona continuazione per il tuo viaggio. Base Central Crew

I did not like the stay, though cleaners were about and they had an hour and half to clean kitchen, it felt dirty. The theft of food is out of control, the atmosphere is terrible, the price of Internet for 24hrs is good, and the gym pass is excellent. However I'm currently at base uptown and whilst it's slightly out, the atmosphere is much better as is the cleanliness and atmosphere. Pity about central

So dirty and disgusting! Couldn't wait to leave!

The rooms were noisy at night, panel above door had a pattern cut out which meant you could hear everything. Some staff were good others seemed like it was too much hassle just to get a wifi card. Bit of a walk from the station (20 mins with a heavy bag isn't fun, no shuttle service) No free wifi or internet Tv room ok but hardly any DVDs, the ones they did have were very scratched. Good location to get around Brisbane

Thank you for leaving a review. You must be meaning the Roma street station, it's actually only a 10 min walk from there or just 1 stop on the train, maybe you just took a wrong turn. We use to have lots of good DVD's in our TV lounge but of course people steal them and ruin them which then ruins it for the other guests. Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels. Brisbane Central crew.

The location of the hostel is great - in the middle of the city center. Nice hostel - a bit too big for my taste though. Staff was a bit rude, could have been nicer. All in all I had a good time in Brisbane at Base Central.

Thank you for leaving a review. We love our location also, it's the best in Brisbane. Our hostel is large but our staff do their best to help everyone as much as they can. Glad you had a good time here though and hope to see you back if you're ever back in Brisbane. Brisbane Central crew.

The staff wasn't too nice for the costumers. Some staff members were grumpy. Thereby the kitchen smells terrible, especially the fridge I had my cool bag in.. They cleaned it everyday 1,5 hour but I guess they don't clean the fridges what I would recommend to do! The location was good, the security was good. Because I was used to hostels which are open, social and with a swimmingpool/garden this was a bit sad. But maybe that's because it felt a bit sad.. Maybe that's cuz it's in the city.

• 27th May 2014

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We think that our staff are great, we do try our best to be friendly and helpful to all guests, so sorry to hear you feel that way. Our fridges do get a good clean once a week but with so many guests in our hostel some do leave food behind. It's a bit hard to have a swimming pool or garden in the city unless you go to a hotel. Hope you have a better time for the rest of your stay with us. base Central crew.

plus: lockers in every room, people always on reception, plenty of space, great location. always book online for stays less than a week as its much cheaper, but weekly rates are dirt cheap if you turn up there. negatives: i dont do either, but not being able to drink, or smoke in outdoor areas is stupid. not enough showers, kitchen tiny for the size of the place. poor atmosphere apart from the bars.

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We don't allow guests to drink in the hostel because of our liquor licence doesn't allow it. We use to but we had too many drunks damaging the property so unfortuniately had to change it. With Smoking, it's Australian law that says you can't smoke anywhere including balconys or the roof top with our building. We are currently upgrading our kitchen this week, it's an ongoing thing. Thanks base Central crew.