Base Brisbane - Embassy Reviews

214 Elizabeth St, Brisbane, Qld. 4000, Brisbane, Australia

So nice hostel. More like a hotel. A lot of space in the room, central in the City, the staff were friendly to help and had open 24 hour in the weekend. Best of all I got a free pubcrawl tour because i arrived a special day - don't no why! 😄

It was grim

• 5th Feb 2016

Staff are good and location is great but facilities are poor, feels dirty and has no atmosphere.. For what I paid and the location id stay again, however.

• 26th Dec 2015

The kitchen was very gross and dirty. The fridge and cupboards smelled like they haven't been cleaned out in quite some time and there were cockroaches running over the countertops when we arrived. Overheard the cleaning staff asking how much time was left in their shift and when told an hour they discussed going to hide somewhere for the last hour so as to not have to do work.

One of the worst hostels I've stayed at. Tthe kitchen is absolutely filthy. There's ridiculously only one small fridge for everyone to pile their groceries on top of one another. There's space to store your dry food, but good luck finding a shelf that doesn't have a squished cockroach or food scum. roach in the microwave. Have to pay for cutlery.. To top it all off with the obvious negligence with upkeep, the atmosphere is of a dismal seedy hotel. unclean facilities, no atmosphere, loud.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Hostel is in a great location although a bit of a walk from the bus station with a heavy backback. Hostel is fairly clean. Kitchen was gross in the early morning but it was being cleaned. Clearly just the other guests being filthy pigs. Kitchen could use a few more items for cooking. All in all one of the better base hostels I've stayed at.

Although the majority of the staff were friendly enough, the male receptionist who greeted us was not. He replied to our questions in a matter-of-fact and patronising manner. The facilities in the kitchen were also poor. In general the rooms were good value for the price but I wouldn't recommend a long stay.

Really dark hostel, looked dirty, for me it felt depressing. Not for a lone backpacker as there are too many people staying for a long time. But staff was really helpful! After I told them that the hostel wasn't what I expected, I got all my money back! Really nice:) location is really nice though

Don't like to leave a bad review, but it was terrible here, room dark, dirty, smelly stench, kitchen disgusting, outdoor areas not lit, bathroom doors broken, floor dirty, no care seems to have been taken on the up keep in months, cancelled my 3rd night and got a voucher for another Base accom, not likely to use, there was nice girl on reception, helpful, apart from that, awful! Try somewhere else!

its a hostel in australia,

I enjoyed my stay. The beds were comfy and most of the time it was a quiet place to be which was helpful while I was looking for jobs. The staff were very helpful and lovely. The kitchen needs an oven though and also there was only one lockable draw in the room which was already taken.

• 8th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

the room smelt terrible. the bathrooms and shower were filthy - needs renovating.