Very Good 428 Total Reviews
Very Good 428 Total Reviews
Base Brisbane - Embassy Located at 214 Elizabeth St, Brisbane, Qld. 4000, Brisbane.
Australia
Brisbane Queensland 4000 214 Elizabeth St, Brisbane, Qld. 4000
74% 428
-27.4691542 153.0272126
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
30th Nov 2016
7.4

We stayed here for two nights during our journey up the east coast. When we arrived it was late at night and the reception staff weren't that helpful, they didn't explain anything about the hostel to us. The wifi is only free in the reception between 7am and 7pm, website says free wifi, I expected free wifi in the whole hostel, this was a bit misleading. Also the reception staff failed to explain that we had to pay a deposit for cutlery. Overall good stay but room for improvement!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
13th Nov 2016

I did not explore the hostel beyond the reception, my dorm, and the bathrooms, but I was very satisfied. Reception was friendly and nice, the bed was comfortable, and the room and bathrooms were clean. I was in town for a concert at Riverstage, and the property was very easy to get to and from the venue, which allowed me to return back to the area the next day to kill time before my flight at the botanical gardens. Transportation, shops, and restaurants nearby.

• Australia, Female, 41+
5th Nov 2016
7.7

Great location, very helpful staff. 24 hr reception makes it easy to checkout for an early flight or train. Bunks clean and comfortable (linen supplied). Dorms have a 'nightlight' so the main light doesn't have to be turned on when others come in and you are sleeping. Good hot showers. More of a 'stopover hostel' than a party hostel. Good all age hostel. Would stay deffo here again.

• England, Couple, 18-24
4th Nov 2016

Great Hostel! Great Location - woolworths just around the corner. Very clean room. Staff are friendly. Kitchen lacks general utensils. Showers could do with some attention. Overall great hostels and would highly recommend.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
24th Sep 2016
4.0

Security was basic at its best, there are no lockers in the room, meaning you must store your goods elsewhere in the hostel. Upon arrival, I was greeted quite rudely, gave them my details etc, only to have the front desk person answer a call with a colleague and stay on that call for 10minutes. The person did not apologise. I also awoke in the middle of the night to a cockroach climbing on the wall. I have stayed in many hostel around the world but this was definitely the worst. Poor effort.

• UzairButt
  • Pakistan, Male, 18-24
28th Jul 2016

Great place to stay. Neat and tidy, and great staff. A clean big kitchen is one of the things I like the most. Met some great people from around the world too.

• England, Female, 18-24
23rd Jul 2016
7.4

This is a very basic place but the location is great. I was not impressed by the bed, the pillow may as well have not been there, but you get what you pay for and the staff were very friendly.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
13th Jul 2016
7.4

Good location, staff is okay. In my opinion it is too expensive. we both don`t like the kitchen, because it was dark and dirty. They are very noisy closing doors in the Building, you can`t get sleep day or night.

25th Jun 2016

Decent, centrally located place for budget travelers. Spacious room, clean bathrooms, helpful staff. The 7 dollar breakfast deal is also pretty good. One thing that I was unhappy about was that I had to pay for the wifi. This is a basic service that ALL hostels provide free of cost, this was the first time I had to pay for it. The other problem - not enough plug points in the dorms. In a four bed dorm there were only two plug points, and that too both in one corner!

• Finland, Male, 31-40
21st Jun 2016
7.4

I'd stay here again if location was the most important factor.