Base Brisbane - Embassy Reviews

214 Elizabeth St, Brisbane, Qld. 4000, Brisbane, Australia

We could hear drunk people coming back late and making a lot of noise in the middle of the night on every night that we were there. So maybe some enforcement or prevention can be done about that.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Singapore

The room was great, it was clean and the bed was excellant. But the kitchen was Very dirty and smelly not just because of normal kithcen mess but it just seemed not clean. There is only cook tops and mircowave with a few toasters and 2 medium fridges considering the size of the Embassy. If your just looking for a bed Great stay, eat out otherwise

• 14th Jun 2014

Likely the dumpiest looking hostel I've stayed in. To give you a good picture, the door to the kitchen looks like every other door in the hallway, except it has the word "kitchen" handwritten on it with a black marker...good location, but what a dump.

The staff in this hostel is awesome. Especially the manager and the people who work at night. I extended my stay for 2 more nights and the receptionists ( late hours around 11 ) were super lovely and helpful. The kitchen was super clean ( someone cleaned it at 6 am! and a few times during the day). The only thing I didnt like was the aircon in my room. It didnt really work and it was a bit stuffy. Overall I loved my stay and I met some lovely people I had a great time with. Dont change a thing!

• 10th May 2014

Checked in and didn't get told where anything was so had to walk around the hostel going in each door. Showers were disgusting! No air con or fan. Right by a busy road and windows were thin, even loud on the top floor. There was supposed to be a 'keep noise to a minimum' after 10pm but woken up numerous times after this due to others in the hostel. Paid for wifi but absolutely shocking and couldn't get it in the room. No space in 'Internet room' and had to sit in corridors. List goes on.........

Great hostel - nice and quiet. Staff were really friendly especially when they came out and gave me a tour of the hostel!

• 16th Apr 2014

Nice and clean place

Base Embassy is a really quiet hostel and the rooms dont look really nice. But its actually a really clean and comfortable hostel. Can recommend..