Base Brisbane Uptown (formerly Tinbilly) Reviews

462 George Street, Brisbane, Australia

The staff is really friendly and the atmosphere in the hostel is great, I made a lot of new friends there which is why I decided to stay longer. Although, there were some problems with the airco, but it seems as if that is fixed now. Our shower is generally really warm, having cold water is a luxury for which we have to go to the kitchen. If you share a dorm with 12 other people, one bathroom with a shower and a toilet is not enough. Also, the kitchen is really hot and you cant open windows...

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Very good location, nice staff, clean hostel. Extra showers in a 10 persons dorm would be nice.

The room was so hot, like unbearably hot. Bathrooms were okay decently clean but the roommates had all kinds of garbage everywhere and is wasent being cleaned by anyone.

• 9th Nov 2014

Nice bed to sleep. Excellent location. But dirty and noisy.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Big problem for me, the windows are locked the air is not good with only old air conditioning...

Over past 4-5 years I stayed 10-12 times. Not always happy in the past. This time in 4bed dorm/bathroom clean withnew tiles/just the a/c blasted cold on my feet but I should have it adjusted myself! Coughing and sneezing occupants did not help to general wellbeing.

Excellent location and staff were very lovely and helpful but the bathroom was quite dirty which was disappointing.

I thought the location of this hostel was good, just across the bridge and your at Southbank which is a really nice/chilled area. They had a bar attached the Guilty Rogue which done good food and drinks, also you get 20% off all that, which is really good since I'm travelling and on a budget. One of the down sides to the hostel where the staff that worked there! Never that helpful, when asking a question or for directions I may aswell of been talking to the wall for all the reaction I got!

A little more effort on the utilities. The lights in Room 14's bathroom was not functioning.

I only stayed one night but the hostel felt clean and staff were friendly. Good location straight opposite roma station! Would come back again!

• 30th Sep 2014

I just stayed for two nights and almost no time at all in the hostel except sleeping. The room was clean and nice. Staff nice. Bar next to it had a good pizza!

It was a good stay in this Hostel. Not too loud and next to the train station.

This hostel is decent. You can get a good nights sleep here (mattresses are comfortable and the place is not noisy). My 10 bed room had an ensuite and an air conditioning unit that you could turn on and off. The kitchen is large with plenty of chillers to storage your food in. The Guilty Rogue bar attached to the hostel is a nice touch as you get 20% off your food and drinks when you present your door swipe card when you make a purchase and means you can meet your outside friends there.

Hey there, I'm very happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us. Luckily our building was built to be sound proof and I do agree that it is one of our best features especially in a hostel. 20% off is a great discount for all of our guests, the Guilty Rogue is a great place to eat. Thanks again and safe travels :-)

Very noisy at night, room 21 has a constant mechanical noise, not sure if it is due to the functioning of the elevator There is a need for more electricity points Lovely towel and toiletries gift set on arrival Little engagement at reception about options to extend my stay

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Spain

No lockers, ensuite bathroom is never clean, nice people thought, party hostel and good deals in the bar below. They don't wash the linen on the blankets though, which is disgusting, because people do hook up a lot in the hostel.

Great staff and tons of fun stuff to do. It's a huge place but the kitchen is very small and crowded. No worries tho, the Guilty Rogue always has great deals on delicious food! Perfect location right across the street from transit centre!

• 21st Jul 2014

Hellow there, Thank you for your lovely feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and especially the food at the Guilty Rogue. I do agree that the kitchen can get crowded especially at meals times. Thanks again and safe travels :-)

Didn't like it, felt unclean, the en suite bathroom was terrible there was no privacy with the showers and was very run down. Kitchen was dirty and a lot of stuff was broken. Also felt like I was going to get things stolen but I guess that was to do with who was in my room. Location is not bad though. Hostel is in need of a refurbishment.

I had a very very bad stay, even though it was only for two nights. When I walked into the lobby I notices the smell of beer. The staff were not unfriendly, but were clearly "just doing a job" (they probably don't like very much and I can see why). The kitchen and common area are very basic, very dark and not really clean. The blanket I had was dirty with a stain that peeled off. The bed shook not only when the person below me moved, but when someone just walked through the room.

I would like it better if they had free lockers but the ones they had were also okay.

Hey there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and the feedback on the lockers that we have at our hostel. I will pass this onto my manager and see what we can do to recify this issue. Thank you again and safe travels.

Nice place just the room are too small i felt sofocate

• 5th Jun 2014

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm do apologise about the size of your room. Especially with guests bags the room can feel crowded sometimes. Thank you again and safe travels :-)