7.5
Very Good 599 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 599 Total Reviews
Base Brisbane Uptown (formerly Tinbilly) Located at 462 George Street, , Brisbane.
Australia

• LotteKoerhuis
  • Netherlands, Female, 18-24
2nd Dec 2016
7.1

The beds were the most uncomfortable I ever had in more than a year living in different hostels. The music constantly playing in the hall is nice during the day but quite annoying in the evening as you can hear it clearly through the doors. Other than that staff was friendly and location is ideal. Good value for money!

Hey Netherlands legend! Thanks for your review, we totally understand the music in the hall, we are trying to keep it a little more fun for you however we can adjust the volume at reception so we will make a poster to make people more comfortable. Our bunk beds are just about to get a jazz up too. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the staff and we hope to see you soon!

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
26th Nov 2016

Stayed here for one night, really friendly and informative staff. Great location in the city with great transport links on ur doorstep. Overall very pleased and will definitely stay here again when I'm back in Brisbane.

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
26th Nov 2016

I really enjoyed my one night stay here - so much that I've planned to come back. The hostel is very closely located to the greyhound bus stop, and it is within walking distance to everything.

Thanks so much for leaving us a review, hopefully we can give you a high five when you return! Enjoy your travels :)

• British Indian Ocean Territory, Female, 18-24
25th Nov 2016

Straight across from Roma st train station it only took me 30mins to get there from the airport. The activities are good especially the BBQ on a Sunday. Will be back next year when I'm back in oz!

Thanks for the shout out! It will be great to have you back next year, travel safe!

• England, Female, 18-24
23rd Nov 2016

Best hostel I've stayed at. Very convenient for getting onto Southbank and the bus station. Staff genuinely pleased to be working there. The room was light and clean and the kitchen facilities were good. The Guilty Rogue is also a must even if you're not staying at Base!

Hey thanks so much for taking the time to let us know you loved staying here. We ARE stoked to work here (and are super lucky to have the Guilty Rogue serving up delicious treats), it is a great place. Safe travels, and don't be a stranger next time you're in Brissy!

• Finland, Female, 18-24
23rd Nov 2016
6.0

Stayed 2 nights and really didn't like the place. The location is great but that's about the only positive thing I could think of. The room was too packed, smelly and the bathroom had so many cockroaches.... They didn't have free wifi anywhere even tho it was promised, and the facilities in the kitchen were not too great either. Also I don't really like when hostels don't have lockers.... Would not stay again, but survived the two nights.

Hey there, I would just like to say thanks for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. It is such a shame that you didn't enjoy your stay. Apologies about the wifi, there have been some teething issues bringing this new initiative in and I promise we have it sorted now. Free wifi in reception during the hours the mad travel shop is open :) Safe travels, Base uptown

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
8th Nov 2016

Where do I start..... I have been a long time traveller and not many Hostel's compare to Base Uptown. From the moment I stepped in the door the Staff made me feel like this was a place i would enjoy staying. My Experiences far exceeded my Expectations. My room was Clean, Tidy and filled with friendly like minded people. Base uptown was situated above the Guilty Rogue Bar which runs activities every night. Overall an amazing experience and i would highly recommend this hostel to anyone.

• England, Female, 18-24
1st Nov 2016

Really enjoyed staying here, friendly people. good place.

Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it, see you next time you're back in Brissy! Cheers, the uptown crew

• England, Female, 25-30
28th Oct 2016
5.7

I only stayed here one night as a stop over to get a different bus, but it seemed to have a good vibe from the pub downstairs and the staff were friendly and helpful. They told me that they had even upgraded me to a 6 bed dorm instead of a 10! However, when I got to my room on the third floor it was a mess from the long termers that were in there and no windows, with air con only, it made it smell. The bathroom was unclean and had heaps of cockroaches. No security lockers for personal items

• Norway, Female, 18-24
3rd Oct 2016
5.7

Extremely dirty room as most of the backpackers stay there long term. Smelly and hot. A window would be nice.

Hi there, we are so sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We only allow people to stay for up to two weeks at a time and we do have air con in each room to keep it cool. As we are high up for safety reasons we keep the windows closed. We have spoken to our housekeeping manager and will make sure that all rooms are extra tidy as we understand it can be frustrating to come into a messy room. We hope we see you in the future so we can rectify our mistakes. Thanks, Base