Base Brisbane Uptown (formerly Tinbilly) Reviews

462 George Street, Brisbane, Australia

Great hostel only thing is it is far too hot to sit in the common area and eat as no air con and washers/dryers on with no windows ahhh..try the salmon frm the guilty rogue restaurant it is beautiul

This is the second time I have stayed here. I like this hostel due to the fact it is close to Roma Street station very secure aswell as you need a key card to get in the lift to get to rooms.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I have to agree that our location and the security are two of the best features of our hostel. I'm very happy that you decided to come back and stay with us again. Safe travels, Base Brisbane Uptown

Not very clean. Our room smelt like someone had urinated in the corner. Toilet/showers not very clean.

The atmosphere was not very good, staff was really nice though but the rooms were small and had not enough space to put your luggage somewhere where it does not bother anyone. Kitchen was average but no cuttleries and the facilities were poor. I really did not enjoy my stay there. Would not recommend it if you're into a little bit of space and a bit of comfort.

Very good location, only a short walk to the Queens St Mall. Friendly staff. Rooms okay, except for the airconditioning which you can't adjust. It was freezing so had to turn it off altogether which meant having no lights as well, as they are both operated with the same keycard. Kitchen doesn't have enough knives etc. - difficult to cook. You get a set of dishes for 10$ which is not enough to cook and you have to keep them in your room and carry it around which is annoying.

Very good location. The staff are very nice. The rooms are nothing special, but there is a living room and dining room quite spacious. Also the kitchen is well equipped. regarding the daily free pasta,... In recepcion they give you a bag or two bags of pasta that you have to cook it.

This was my first stay in a hostel and I found it a very cost effective accommodation option. Although I can't compare it to other hostels, I found this establishment to be safe, friendly and comfortable. If I travel through here again, I would certainly choose it again.

• 26th Nov 2014

Too many beds in one room, so cramped, dark, no space, communal area is poor, about a 10 minute walk into the city centre and no places to eat close by other than the bar downstairs!

Really good location (2 mins from Greyhound, 10 mins from shops and 15 mins from lagoon).. clean rooms, kitchen felt like a sauna

The staff is really friendly and the atmosphere in the hostel is great, I made a lot of new friends there which is why I decided to stay longer. Although, there were some problems with the airco, but it seems as if that is fixed now. Our shower is generally really warm, having cold water is a luxury for which we have to go to the kitchen. If you share a dorm with 12 other people, one bathroom with a shower and a toilet is not enough. Also, the kitchen is really hot and you cant open windows...

Very good location, nice staff, clean hostel. Extra showers in a 10 persons dorm would be nice.

The room was so hot, like unbearably hot. Bathrooms were okay decently clean but the roommates had all kinds of garbage everywhere and is wasent being cleaned by anyone.

• 9th Nov 2014

Nice bed to sleep. Excellent location. But dirty and noisy.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Big problem for me, the windows are locked the air is not good with only old air conditioning...

Over past 4-5 years I stayed 10-12 times. Not always happy in the past. This time in 4bed dorm/bathroom clean withnew tiles/just the a/c blasted cold on my feet but I should have it adjusted myself! Coughing and sneezing occupants did not help to general wellbeing.

Excellent location and staff were very lovely and helpful but the bathroom was quite dirty which was disappointing.

I thought the location of this hostel was good, just across the bridge and your at Southbank which is a really nice/chilled area. They had a bar attached the Guilty Rogue which done good food and drinks, also you get 20% off all that, which is really good since I'm travelling and on a budget. One of the down sides to the hostel where the staff that worked there! Never that helpful, when asking a question or for directions I may aswell of been talking to the wall for all the reaction I got!

A little more effort on the utilities. The lights in Room 14's bathroom was not functioning.

I only stayed one night but the hostel felt clean and staff were friendly. Good location straight opposite roma station! Would come back again!

• 30th Sep 2014

I just stayed for two nights and almost no time at all in the hostel except sleeping. The room was clean and nice. Staff nice. Bar next to it had a good pizza!