Base Brisbane Uptown (formerly Tinbilly) Reviews

462 George Street, Brisbane, Australia

A little more effort on the utilities. The lights in Room 14's bathroom was not functioning.

I only stayed one night but the hostel felt clean and staff were friendly. Good location straight opposite roma station! Would come back again!

• 30th Sep 2014

I just stayed for two nights and almost no time at all in the hostel except sleeping. The room was clean and nice. Staff nice. Bar next to it had a good pizza!

It was a good stay in this Hostel. Not too loud and next to the train station.

This hostel is decent. You can get a good nights sleep here (mattresses are comfortable and the place is not noisy). My 10 bed room had an ensuite and an air conditioning unit that you could turn on and off. The kitchen is large with plenty of chillers to storage your food in. The Guilty Rogue bar attached to the hostel is a nice touch as you get 20% off your food and drinks when you present your door swipe card when you make a purchase and means you can meet your outside friends there.

Hey there, I'm very happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us. Luckily our building was built to be sound proof and I do agree that it is one of our best features especially in a hostel. 20% off is a great discount for all of our guests, the Guilty Rogue is a great place to eat. Thanks again and safe travels :-)

Very noisy at night, room 21 has a constant mechanical noise, not sure if it is due to the functioning of the elevator There is a need for more electricity points Lovely towel and toiletries gift set on arrival Little engagement at reception about options to extend my stay

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Spain

No lockers, ensuite bathroom is never clean, nice people thought, party hostel and good deals in the bar below. They don't wash the linen on the blankets though, which is disgusting, because people do hook up a lot in the hostel.

Great staff and tons of fun stuff to do. It's a huge place but the kitchen is very small and crowded. No worries tho, the Guilty Rogue always has great deals on delicious food! Perfect location right across the street from transit centre!

• 21st Jul 2014

Hellow there, Thank you for your lovely feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and especially the food at the Guilty Rogue. I do agree that the kitchen can get crowded especially at meals times. Thanks again and safe travels :-)

Didn't like it, felt unclean, the en suite bathroom was terrible there was no privacy with the showers and was very run down. Kitchen was dirty and a lot of stuff was broken. Also felt like I was going to get things stolen but I guess that was to do with who was in my room. Location is not bad though. Hostel is in need of a refurbishment.

I had a very very bad stay, even though it was only for two nights. When I walked into the lobby I notices the smell of beer. The staff were not unfriendly, but were clearly "just doing a job" (they probably don't like very much and I can see why). The kitchen and common area are very basic, very dark and not really clean. The blanket I had was dirty with a stain that peeled off. The bed shook not only when the person below me moved, but when someone just walked through the room.

I would like it better if they had free lockers but the ones they had were also okay.

Hey there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and the feedback on the lockers that we have at our hostel. I will pass this onto my manager and see what we can do to recify this issue. Thank you again and safe travels.

Nice place just the room are too small i felt sofocate

• 5th Jun 2014

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm do apologise about the size of your room. Especially with guests bags the room can feel crowded sometimes. Thank you again and safe travels :-)

I hate to leave a bad review but this hostel has been the worst stay that I've had. If you are planning on staying any length of time, check out another hostel. The kitchen is disgusting, most of the refrigerators are broken so good luck storing any food. Only a couple of the stoves and elements work (good luck figuring out with nob works which element!). The elevators are dyslexic, I often ended up in the lobby after trying to go up to the top floor from the 2nd. The showers are very small

Hey there, Thanks for the taking the time to leave a review. I can see that you are still staying inhouse and have been here for quite a while now. I'd love you to come and see us to have chat so we can work on rectifying some of these issues with you. Thank you, Sabina @ Base Brisbane Uptown

Very clean, centrally located and close to the central station which was useful for our onwards journey. Kitchen slightly crowded at dinner time. Liked having free pasta! Would stay here again.

Hey there, Thank you for leaving a review. I'm glad you had a great stay at our hostel and enjoyed the cleanliness of it. Free pasta and rice is definitely a new bonus of our hostel and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Safe travels :-)

Awef kitchen, no lockers in the room and it was swelteringly hot. We stayed there one night then went straight to Wooducks for the rest of our stay!

• 22nd May 2014
  • Norway

Rude staff. Dirty hostel. The worst hostel Ive stayed in during 8 months travelling.

• 19th May 2014

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm very sorry that you had a negative experience at our hostel. Our housekeepers work very hard to maintain a high standard of cleanliness. It disappoints me very much that you thought our staff were rude. I will be investigating further into this matter. Safe travels, Base Uptown Crew :-)

Room was too cramped, no room for luggage.

Hello there, Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's very important for us to hear all feedback from guests, good and bad. We are currently in the process of buying under bed lockers which will help in the larger rooms alot. Thanks again and safe travels, Sabina :-)

they are right across from the train station which was amazing, staff were so beautiful (we stayed in a private room and they left a welcome note and chocies on my pillow ) explained everything on check in and the beds are well comfortable. everything is clean. great stay and thanks to the bar staff for not killing us at down under bar you guys rock!

Hello there! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. I'm blushing a little bit because you called us beautiful (hehe) Of course we'd love to have you back anytime you'd like. Thanks for everything! Sabina @ Base Uptown :-)

I am ever so greatfull to Sabina who was so kind and generous. Sabrina was respectful and friendly with joy in her heart. Thank you. From Margareta.

• 5th May 2014

Hello there, Thank you for much for the lovely comments I'm very to hear that you enjoyed your stayed and I enjoyed meeting you aswell. Thank you, Sabina :-)

The staff were incredibly friendly and happy to help with any problems or answer any questions. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and basic, all I needed :) there was a great vibe about the place with staff and guests alike and I will definitely be staying again if I'm ever in Brisbane :)

• 3rd May 2014

Hello there, Thank you so much for your kind words I really appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm so happy you enjoyed the staff and the other guests. Hopefully we'll see you again soon, safe travels :-)