Base Camp Antigua Reviews

7th Street poniente, 17, Antigua, Antigua, Guatemala

We thought the staff were a little abrupt with us upon arrival, however they were helpful with directions and some information. The hostel was also good to use to book tours but the general atmosphere was quiet. The roof top and the Netflix was great.

• 5th Aug 2015

I wouldn't stay there again just for the fact that they ask to keep your passports. Also, if you want to trade USD to GTQ you need your passport, so yu wont be able to exchange currency if you stay at this hotel. Also, they don't sell liquor and they don't allow outside liquor. This is ridiculous but the worst part is that they didn't put that in their website, so I bought a bottle before getting there just to find out that I couldn't drink it.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Nice chilled environment, not too in your face with the party side of things like some other hostels in the town, but at the same time fun!

• 4th Jul 2015

Conveniently located, chill atmosphere. Helpful volunteers. :)

• 4th Jul 2015

this is a great place if you want to be able to relax. it is not a crazy party hostel so you can get some sleep if you want, but everyone is still always out and hanging out.

Loved the Netflix TV set up and internet. People were great.

Had an amazing stay here, place was clean and relaxed and everyone was really friendly and felt safe.

• 24th Jun 2015

Great place to hang out and chill! I stayed there a few times during my travels in Guatemala! They have great wifi, big tv with Netflix, ping pong table and board games ! Bonuses where hot showers, an amazing cooked breakfast, free filtered water and great staff! I joined in on a couple of great bike tours as well!!

• 6th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Staff are lovely, breakfast is good, security is very good, and it's a nice bonus to have the ping pong table and free netflix for chill time.

Everything was great, my only complaint is that the staff are all volunteers. While they were all super friendly and helpful they did not know enough about Antigua to give any advise on how to get around and answer some of the questions we had. However they were all extremely friendly and nice so we didn't mind having to figure it out ourselves/

The staff was amazing and friendly!

Base Camp is a super chilled out place. Friendly staff, moderately clean and definitely worth the money. Although I would recommend that you check the availability for the hikes before you book the room. They retain your passports until you return the key. I was leaving early the next day, so they insisted I return the key by 5pm the previous evening so that I could get my passport back. That restricted my ability to move around, which was slightly painful! But otherwise, a good pick!