Base Camp Antigua Reviews

7th Street poniente, 17, Antigua, Antigua, Guatemala

Had an amazing stay here, place was clean and relaxed and everyone was really friendly and felt safe.

• 24th Jun 2015

Great place to hang out and chill! I stayed there a few times during my travels in Guatemala! They have great wifi, big tv with Netflix, ping pong table and board games ! Bonuses where hot showers, an amazing cooked breakfast, free filtered water and great staff! I joined in on a couple of great bike tours as well!!

• 6th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Staff are lovely, breakfast is good, security is very good, and it's a nice bonus to have the ping pong table and free netflix for chill time.

Everything was great, my only complaint is that the staff are all volunteers. While they were all super friendly and helpful they did not know enough about Antigua to give any advise on how to get around and answer some of the questions we had. However they were all extremely friendly and nice so we didn't mind having to figure it out ourselves/

The staff was amazing and friendly!

Base Camp is a super chilled out place. Friendly staff, moderately clean and definitely worth the money. Although I would recommend that you check the availability for the hikes before you book the room. They retain your passports until you return the key. I was leaving early the next day, so they insisted I return the key by 5pm the previous evening so that I could get my passport back. That restricted my ability to move around, which was slightly painful! But otherwise, a good pick!

Ideal place to go on a volcano hike !

Little quiet and only place I've been where they wanted to keep my passport at reception. besides that great place with Netflix to chill out

they don't have a kitchen for use. nice otherwise

The beds are very comfortable and there were black-out shades in the room which helped with sleeping in. Sound travels pretty well but we were so tired that it didn't really matter. The hostel volunteers were very nice but the other official staff seemed more interested in talking with us only when they were trying to sell us on a volcano trip.

A great team works here. excellent for taking the volcano trips.

I was staying the first time at OX Base Camp hostel and it was awesome ! I planned to stay one night but extended 4 nights more ! Actually never felt this welcome during my travels. The OX team is like a family. I even got a lollipop when I arrived. I can highly recommend this hostel: perfect location, nice rooms, free netflix (yeaaaah :D !!), ping pong, nice terrace with hammocks, AWESOME BREAKFAST !! Also if you want to hike a volcano you are in best hands with OX !! Thanks OX base camp !

• 8th Jan 2015

We had requested two nights but they only had room for one (it was a discrepancy between HostelWorld & their booking system; not fault of the hostel). We were dismayed and inconvenienced, but they graciously discounted our night's stay for us and helped us try to find another hostel. The hostel itself was quaintly set up. The negatives were that the room did not have enough blankets, it was loud as the rooms were located around the common room, and there was no privacy outside of the bathrooms.