Base Queenstown Reviews

49 Shotover Street, PO Box 1658, Queenstown, New Zealand

Our door didn't close properly because a part from the lock of the door was loose, so the thing which closes the door didn't slide out so the door was often open when I came back even if no one was in the room. (Room number 309.) I was there when the fire alarm started at 2 am in the night - not very pleasant. Can you prevent things from burning in the kitchen in the future? And the kitchen smelled often quite bad and there was never enough cutlery. More plugs in common areas please!

The worst hostel I've ever been regarding staff

I stayed in a private room, overall I am okay with the hostel. However, there is something wrong with the fan in the bathroom, it is very noisy once I switch on the light in the bathroom. I told the staff about this and she asked me not to turn on the light, I am disappointed with this response. I cannot turn on the bathroom light which is very inconvenient for me - luckily I was only staying for one night.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Hostel was great, good vibe, our room was clean, i get the the vibe this is definitely a party hostel which is great if that's your thing. My only criticism is that the walls were a bit thin and you could hear people in the hallways, often drunken ranting haha.

• 14th Apr 2014

Excellent location. Bathrooms can get really dirty. Some staff are very nice while others can be rude. Kitchen is awful--small with few utilities.

Awesome location, 6 bed ensuite was clean and relatively quiet

I arrived in Queenstown New Zealand and had booked this hostel online, just for 2 nights to see how it was, I'm now using it as my "Base" until I find permanent accommodation in the area. Okay so the beds squeak a bit and people are drunk till the early hours of the morning, but what good hostel isn't booming with atmosphere? The staff from day one have helped me get so much sorted already and their knowledge of the area is fantastic, its made my integration to Queenstown for the ski season ace.

• 4th Apr 2014

I found the staff to be very accommodating. Even though my online reservation did not work, honored the price used by that quote. Cleanliness was ok

The showers in the cheap dorms are awful; it's worth it to get one of the better rooms.

Kitchen is to small!!!

Pro: Big rooms with very good lockers under the beds; directly in the city, not far away from everything; Free breakfast for guests who booked on hostelworld Con: Staff "forgets" to hand out the breakfast vouchers, so ASK for it, then you get it; Kitchen is a joke for the number of guests. No space in the frigde and only 3-4 tables where you can eat. People steal a lot out of the bags from the fridge! A lot of young travellers who are only there for partying

Nice room but mattresses were squeaky. Kitchen was extremely small and not enough space in refrigerators to keep food. Great location and staff,

• 21st Mar 2014

I liked my stay in your hostel, but it was very noisy and also I didn't like the bloodstain on my bedsheets! The free breakfast and Wifi were very good tho. So my stay had its ups and downs.

1 2 Next » last »