Base Queenstown Reviews

49 Shotover Street, PO Box 1658, Queenstown, New Zealand

Position was great but Saturday night was noisy as well as we had room over office and they played music all night repetitive and drownie, hard to get any rest at all. Nightclub was going till wee hours and was packed. Ok if you want to party all night.

Good Hostel but the bunkbed next to the door in room 108 is noisy as ****.

if you are over 25 dont go there. really unhelpful staff everything was a problem for them. quite rude some of them once I lost my wifi code.. coz nobody told me that i should keep it with me... anyway the english guy from the reception told me " why did you think that you shouldn't keep it" ok thank you. ah by the way I bought a weekly wifi pass per 12 kiwis.

Great hostel! Great staff! Across the street from Fergberger. 2 minute walk to the lakefront.

Great location bathrooms could be better but everything you need no complaintsv

• 24th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

I stayed in base with two of my friends a few days ago. We wanted somewhere fun and practical so Base we chose. We were in a dorm which was quite nice. The kitchen since while it is nice, it is quite small.Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Our room was spacious and really clean. Big THANK YOU to Josephine and Yamilla. They went beyond their way to help us even thought we probably were annoying.Also big thanks to Johana whom opened our door probably too many times! We had a great time!

• 8th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Thank you very much for your feedback Molly. Josefina, Yamila and Joanna are stoked to have been mentioned :) Glad you had a great stay! Hope to see you again!! Safe Travels, Darelle Jenkins.

WiFi was poor

Best place to meet people of the world! Love their onsite bar - Loca! Great hostel, the dorm had an ensuite and side lamps which I like! Great facilities!

Gets loud at night making it hard to sleep. Bunk beds are VERY creaky.

We tried to have a meal at the restaurant downstairs but there was no gluten free options and the staff were very rude when they told us this. The breakfast staff were also quite rude when we asked for more clean spoons and bowls. However the check in staff were very nice and ensured that we had everything we needed.

• 15th Aug 2015