Base Rotorua Reviews

1286 Arawa St, Rotorua, New Zealand

Everything was perfect. Very well located. The staff was very nice and helpfull. The room was very clean and comfortable.

We didn't get to stay there as our plane arrived in late

• 28th Apr 2014

That pool was amazing. Stayed here before and knew it was good! Friendly staff, clean rooms and bathrooms. Close to the city centre. Just really good.

The kitchen is really really small. I had to wait an hour to get a pan so I could cook.

Hi Lisa, thank you for your review! Our customer feedback is important to us as it is how we know what we are doing right, and also the areas in which we can improve! Thanks to your review we have now re-stocked our Kitchen with pots, pans, cutlery and dishes! Come back and visit if you pass through again!! We would love to have you back!

The kitchen is way tiny! I had to wait 1.5 hours untill I could cook!

The dorm I had was next to the bar so all night till 3 am there is really load music. and it's hard to have a good sleep. A part from that, i have nothing else to say

The rooms were very cosy and tidy, and the location was excellent. However, the hostel was very noisy - we weren't even there in weekend, but still there was a lot of running around in stairs and corridors at night, lould talking and shouting, even singing... The place only calmed down after the Lava Bar closed for the night. The distant noise in the bar didn't bother us, but the staff should have required silence in the actual hostel premises after midnight - now they did nothing about it.

Great place to stay, clean and confortable rooms, in the side if the Lava Bar, when i spend all my nights drinking and playing pool, awesome!!

Gets the job done.

Hostel was nice, large rooms with clean bathroom and a pool to chill out in (although hot)!! Lady at reception was a bit arsey when we checked in though! Hostel bar was good, got really busy about 10pm. Make sure u go and see the lion cubs at paradise valley - too cute!! Oh, and my bacon Sarnie was nowhere to be seen!!