Base St Kilda

7.9
Very Good 1388 Total Reviews

20th Jun 2017
7.7

WIFI IS NOT FREE. Can't bring your own alcohol, so it's expensive to drink at night in the bar. Staff are awesome, made things fun, but it's quite expensive to go from sober to party on bar prices.

• Brazil, Male, 25-30
9th Jun 2017

I've been to a lot of hostels in my 7 years traveling but base st kilda was the best. It's in an amazing location beside trams buses. Taxi spot and food places. Brilliant staff. Friendly environment and clean. The rooms are clean and toilets are clean. The red eye bar is brilliant. Cheap drink and bar staff very helpful and happy. Allways Something on in the bar too with a good crowd. The boozy bingo on the Monday night is a must do. Brilliant night. Highly recommended it to anyone.

What an amazing review!! Thank you very much for your kind words. Please let us know if you're coming back and we'll buy you a bingo beer for sure!! Happy Travels!

5th Jun 2017

The staff and atmosphere were really great! I would definitely say this is a hostel for younger crowds. I am 33 and felt like I was the oldest there, by far. Everyone was still very welcoming and there was tons to do at night, definitely a party hostel vibe. The rooms were definitely older, but linens were clean and the general property was well kept. Would definitely recommend Base St Kilda, especially for their location, organized events, and value for the money!

Hi :) Thank you so much for your awesome review !!! It's good to know that you felt good with us, don't hesitate to come back at Base St Kilda for more fun !!! Happy and safe travels :) Base crew xx

2nd Jun 2017

Great hostel - really sociable, staff are v friendly and the travel desk is really helpful. Rooms are clean and spacious enough. Location is absolutely perfect, st kilda is an awesome place. Wifi is a bit patchy but not really a problem! I'll be back!

Hello, What an awesome review thanks for taking the time out of your busy travels. We work tirelessly around the clock to provide a family feel and be a hub of activity for our guests. The location doesn't get much better! You're more than welcome to come back when ever you like! Safe travels, Jamie

• gdesouzac874
  • Brazil, Female, 25-30
18th May 2017
7.4

Great location, staff friendly and clean, but we couldn't sleep . A noise that sounded like an air conditioner or fan or hole coming from the ceiling, it was impossible to sleep. We complained to the front desk and they said they would do something and nothing was done. We booked a private room to rest and enjoy the city, but if I knew I would not sleep, I would have saved in a shared room, I will only stay at the base again, if a credit given for the next stay, otherwise,never any more!

Hello, Thanks for taking the time out to leave us a review. Our staff are pretty awesome and we always try to deliver a clean living environment. We've noted the room you were in and we'll try and get to the bottom of it so our next superstars staying with us don't have the same problem. Flick me and email jamie@base-magneticisland.com and i'll try and help you out for your next base stay! Safe travels, Jamie

• USA, Female, 18-24
11th May 2017

Great hostel with a great location. I wanted to stay a little out of CBD when I came for a birthday weekend getaway and found St. Kilda to be the perfect location. The hostel is SUPER easy to get to from the airport, and there is always something going on. I found it more fun to stay at the hostel and party than to go out anywhere else. The front desk lady checking me in was a little rude, but other than that all other staff was super willing to help out in anyway. Would definitely stay again.

Hey, Thanks for the awesome review and kind words! Happy travels in the rest of Aus and don't forget to say "Hi" next time you're back in St Kilda. Base

9th May 2017

Such a great hostel to stay at. I was in a 6 bed mix dorm for 4 nights, very basic but clean and plenty of room. Good value for money and great vibes going on every night. Live music was great and the staff are always around to help and get you hyped for a night out. Not sure his name but 'ball sack' as I knew him did such a great job hosting the trivia night whilst I was there and was always a friendly face around the hostel. I will definitely be back again!! CLASS hostel!!!

Thanks for the review!! Come back whenever you're ready!

26th Apr 2017

Very good hostel, staff were amazing, bar downstairs had something on every night & cheap drinks. Cleaning staff were efficient, sheets changed every time somebody left the room & bathroom bleached. Didn't use the kitchen so no idea what it was like.

Hi, Thank you for your great review, we are glad you enjoyed your time with us. Don't hesitate to come back or stay at one of our other properties. Best of luck in the rest of your travels!

• annie_watts
21st Apr 2017
7.7

Vibe was great. Certain members of staff ( Irish receptionist lady ) extremely rude. Should definitely review her job

Hi, Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us.

19th Apr 2017
8.0

Lockers provided, good location for st kilda and easy to get to tram to city, atmosphere okay but has two nights alone in my dorm which was lonely as a solo traveller! Cleanliness depends on who cleans the bathroom - wasn't cleaned for two days and ran out of toilet roll so had to ask for more. Bar sociable and good fun - very loud but that's fine as knew it is a party hostel. Kitchen big and sofas to chill on. Would go back :)

thanks for your review! A few things to work on but glad to hear you had a great time!