8.0
Fabulous 1,223 Total Reviews
8.0
Fabulous 1,223 Total Reviews
Base St Kilda Located at 17 Carlisle St, St Kilda, Melbourne.
Australia
Melbourne Victoria Victoria 17 Carlisle St, St Kilda
80% 1223
-37.8671294 144.9799847
    Rooms available

16th Sep 2016

Best hostel I've stayed in Australia. Booked for 5 nights, have already extended twice. Met so many great people and is a really sociable hostel. St kilda is great an the hostel is close to the beach and the restaurants and bars. Easily accessible by tram to the city. Love it here, bingo on a Monday is a must. Will be staying here a while.

• USA, Female, 18-24
12th Sep 2016

Loved my stay at base in St Kilda! Great location, comfy beds and rooms all have bathrooms. Staff make this place so would recommend for sure!!!!

7th Sep 2016
4.0

I stayed with Base, St Kilda. I was placed in a ten bed room and was the only female. The smell in this room was indescribable. It hit you when you entered the room and you could physically not get used to it. I complained and was told I could move to another room free of charge, but only if I provided a 5* review. I was emailed on the same day with a link, and as a penny pinching backpacker I didn't particularly feel I had a choice. The hostel already had my card details. Appalling.

6th Sep 2016

I had an amazing time at the st. Kilda base hostel. Such a lovely group of people and the room was perfect. I had the best sleep and felt refreshed the next morning. Great area to walk around - the beach and cafes are right around the corner. Would highly recommend this hostel.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
31st Aug 2016

Great hostel for the price. Clean, amazing location, very friendly staff. Only downside really was the lack of free wifi.

28th Aug 2016

Great hostel! The staff there went way out of there way to help me (Ash and Chuck were fab) and I met some lovely people there! Great facilities and perfect location would definitely reccomend!

25th Aug 2016

Couldn't of had a better time at base! Good rooms get cleaned every day, staff are canny and helpful, clean kitchen, the lockers are decent size too! Have entertainment every night - Monday for bingo is the best one (even if you don't stay in the hostel you've got to go and play the bingo!). Would defiantly recommend this hostel :-)

• USA, Male, 25-30
25th Aug 2016

Pretty awesome hostel. Stoked with the bar and nice and clean rooms. Babes everywhere!

• England, Male, 18-24
24th Aug 2016

Had an amazing time, there was four of us and had booked into a 12 man room but on arrival was told we had been upgraded to a 4 man room for the same price, then when deciding to extend our stay a guy called chuck was very helpful and let us stay in that same room for the price we had been paying previous... Great staff all in all and quality facilities. Will be back!

23rd Aug 2016

Absolutely loved my stay at base!! The staff were super welcoming from the first moment I arrived and played games and got everyone involved in the evening at the bar. They have everything you want in a backpackers - great atmosphere, kitchen, lounge and a famous bar that loads of people came from other hostels cos it was so fun! If you want to have an incredible time and feel safe (drawers you can lock under every bed and security at night) then this is the place for you! Sophie, 23, UK