8.2
Fabulous 1,297 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 1,297 Total Reviews
Base St Kilda Located at 17 Carlisle St, St Kilda, Melbourne.
Australia
Melbourne Victoria Victoria 17 Carlisle St, St Kilda
82% 1297
-37.8671294 144.9799847
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
8th Jan 2017
7.4

Clean facilities. Nice, large room. Quite a party hostel, staff knocking on your door every night to get you down to the bar, seemed quite judgy if you didn't want to go. Nice kitchen, good location, good wifi.

5th Jan 2017

Had a great stay here. Very friendly staff, lots of fun, and great location. Also, was able to iron some clothes for free. Definitely recommend for when staying in the St. kilda area.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
28th Dec 2016
4.9

The services advertised where not as expected. The 'Day' and 'Night' events were not properly organised or even performed. This place didnt feel like a hostel, it felt like a pub where you just had your room upstairs, with all sorts of locals entering the place for the cheap alcohol. If i had known this was going to happen, i wouldnt of stayed here. I cant stress enough The staff were unprofessional, would just barge into our room uninvited to use our toilet when they were drunk, and were rude.

27th Dec 2016
7.7

A ok hostel. The pub downstairs has fun activities and parties hard at night, yet the rooms are still quiet! I thought it was weird that the breakfast buffet was set but not for everyone, but that's ok. A lot of long timers but the vibe between travelers was friendly. To give the most honest review I have to say some of the staff were really antipathetic, I thought it was only my impression but later some other guests confirmed. Too bad, it gives a bad first impression of the whole hostel...

27th Dec 2016
7.1

This hostel is alright. All of the staff seemed to be travellers that were just there for the free ride.. so not one of them cracked a smile the whole time I was there. Free slow wifi. Kitchen is useless, not a fork. if you're hungry you might have the last persons mouldy pasta stuck in the bottom of a pan. Room cleaning seems to be hoovering around everybody's belongings.. so I would say absent. The air conditioning wasn't working so I slept in a pool of sweat. Not worth the money they ask for.

• USA, Male, 25-30
11th Dec 2016

Had a good time and net some cool people. Bingo was a blast!

• England, Male, 25-30
10th Dec 2016

I've just spent 4 days at base whilst stopping in the Melbourne area and can't say enough positive things about this place, the facilities and the staff were great throughout my stay and the atmosphere was perfect for meeting new people. I have been travelling on my own and found meeting new people very easy at base. I will most definitely be returning shall I come to the Melbourne area again. Thanks guys 😀😀

• Singapore, Female, 18-24
9th Dec 2016
4.0

Roommate invited their friends into the room and consumed alcohol, leaving a mess in the room and alcohol was spilled all over the floor for 2 of the nights i stayed there. It was so bad I left to stay in another accommodation on my third night and forsaken my paid accommodation for that night. I request that I get a refund from Base St Kilda.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
24th Nov 2016

Great vibes, good atmosphere, really enjoyed our 2nights. Pub crawl was lit AF! Would deffinitly recomend and return.

Ah damn! Thanks for the kind words! Our pub crawl is seriously..along with Bingo.. our favorite time of year!...every week! Safe travels homey!

• Israel, Female, 18-24
22nd Nov 2016
7.1

The hostel is in a really good location, close to the beach. Kitchen is small and dirty. Rooms are small but have bathroom for every room.

Heyy! Cheers for taking the time to leave your thoughts. The hostel's locations is Gnar...that's for sure. Sorry to hear you think our kitchen is small...and dirty. We find most guests don't have a problem with the size but size does matter! With every room having a bathroom it definitely helps make us the best hostel in St Kilda. Cheers and have a great holiday!