8.5
Fabulous 1,216 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 1,216 Total Reviews
Base Sydney Located at 477 Kent Street, NSW 2000 Australia, Sydney.
Australia
Sydney New South Wales NSW 2000 477 Kent Street, NSW 2000 Australia
85% 1216
-33.8732839 151.2048554
    Rooms available

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
21st Sep 2016

Thought it was great. Got a free upgrade because we had a rough day after our flight and missing luggage to make us feel better. Location was ideal. The guy on reception (Scottish guy) helped out a load and pointed us in the right direction for places to go and what to do. Haven't stayed in a hostel before but it was pretty good all round.

• Northern Ireland, Male, 18-24
10th Sep 2016

Absolutely loved my stay at base! One of the best hostels I've stayed in. It's in such a good location and I really enjoyed my time there. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and cleaned regularly! All the staff there were so friendly and helpful! Especially Ishi who helped me out a lot during my time there! When I go back to Sydney, I'll be staying here again.

• England, Female, 18-24
4th Sep 2016

Awesome hostel :) I really enjoyed my stay. Loved doing the activities. PS thanks Ishi for your help :)

• Germany, Male, 31-40
3rd Sep 2016
5.7

Honestly I have no idea why this hostel is rated so good. Rooms weren't really clean, at night it was super loud because of the pub/club next door. Staff is super unfriendly. And if you charge 5$ for luggage storage for 3 hours to people staying there for a couple of nights, I can see what your interest is. This was the worst hostel I've been in Australia. (On international scale still okay). Upside: I'm really happy to go home now ;)

3rd Sep 2016
5.4

This hostel was extremely loud at night. The night club played music till 3 am and then you had the screaming drunk people till about 4:30 am. The sheets on the bed were not cleaned. You could see hair and dirt on all the beds. The staff were not the friendliest group except for a select few. With the lack of sleep I had for the 3 nights- I wouldn't recommend this hostel. Might be the worst base I've stayed at. If you do stay here, ask for a room higher up and without people that snore.

• dabbya6038
  • Australia, Male, 31-40
2nd Sep 2016
5.7

Shared toilets were dirty. Rooms are ok.had issues in the room which was 1st allotted so they changed it but new one was right above the bar & very noisy.staff at reception couldn't give me basic directions for buses,had to wait for another staff to do that.then was charged $5 to store luggage.storage room is not even secure.anyone can walk out with anything.when asked about it the only answer i got was they have been charging for ages & still cant put a simple door and lock for it.Pathetic

• England, Female, 25-30
2nd Sep 2016

Great place to stay! Super friendly staff who were always happy to help Showers and toilets were lovely and clean! The hostels in a great location too, super close to the metro and the main shopping streets Would totally recommend it here, plus the scary Canarys bar next door always has something on so you'll never be bored! Loved it Thanks Base

• Australia, Female, 41+
1st Sep 2016

great place to stay if you like late nights and love loud music but if you need to sleep early then ask for a room that's not on top of the night club - the bed vibrated for hours!!! We only stayed 1 out of the 3 nights we booked in for after we were donated 2 nights at the local Holiday Inn which was fabulous!!

30th Aug 2016
7.7

Staff were super friendly and helpful. The hostel organizes group events daily, has an active common room, and an app so travelers can meet each other. The downside of course, is that if you have no interest in the bar next door, earplugs won't save you. I also thought my room and floor smelled quite damp but they are doing a bit of construction to expand the luggage room and update some areas so perhaps a big carpet clean will take place shortly as well. Can't beat the location

• Canada, Female, 18-24
28th Aug 2016

Last minute decision to book a room in Sydney CBD for the night. Base Backpackers had unbeatable prices in our prime location. The staff were so helpful and friendly throughout our whole stay, including giving us a late check out when we needed. The room was bright and so clean, had the best sleep and had a great cheap breakfast the hostel provides! Would love to move in!!