Base Taupo Reviews

7 Tuwharetoa Street, Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand

No forks in the kitchen

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your comments and hope you enjoyed beautiful Taupo. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the lack of forks in the kitchen, and would like to reassure you that since your stay cutlery and kitchen stock are checked on a daily basis and replenished when required. We hope to welcome you back to Base soon. Happy travels - Base Crew

I came to Taupo with a bus in the middle of the night. To Base I had to go two minutees from where my bus dropped me. And it was easy to check in at that time of the night. The downside is that it's pretty loud in the evening and at night what makes sleeping not an easy task.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay, which is exactly what we would hope for. We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the noise we can sometimes experience due to our prime location. We do provide complimentary ear plugs for light sleepers. We hope to welcome you back to Base Taupo in the near future. Happy travels!

I stayed at Base Taupo for one night at the end of April. The location of the hostel is great, you've got the lake front at one side of the building, a park at another side and then all the center town shops and food places to the other side! It's also only a 2 minute walk from where my mana bus dropped me off. The staff that welcomed me was super helpful, explaining all the best places to go were, and how much they were. The hostel was clean all round. STAY HERE FOR MONEY WORTH.

• 30th Apr 2015

I got to the base hostel and they told me there was an error on the booking with hostelworld.com and As this was a long weekend they were fully booked in all the hostels in town. they didn't give me a solution at the hostel and they told me they have contacted hostelworld to let me know about this issue. no one from hostelworld contacted me either.