Base Taupo

8.5
Fabulous 214 Total Reviews

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
4th Aug 2017

Lively hostel (so bring ear plugs) with very friendly staff that go out of their way for you. Great atmosphere in an excellent location with ample facilities. Just please don't try and sell me stuff when I've literally just walked in the front door for the first time!

• New Zealand, All Female Group, 25-30
21st Jul 2017

Absolutely loved our stay! Really impressed!

• England, Couple, 25-30
6th Jul 2017
7.4

Hostel was good, as it is above a bar it can be quite loud - but good fun!

• New Zealand, All Male Group, 18-24
24th Jun 2017

Base Taupo was a great place to stay. Came to Taupo for one night with a few mates and saw that Base was right above one club and accross the road from another so it was an ideal location. Super friendly staff from the time we checked in to the time we checked out. Very clean room, super comfy beds. Only thing to complain about would be toilets/showers. They just looked like they hadn't been cleaned in awhile. Overall great hostel though.

10th Jun 2017

Maybe put off doing your washing here unless you either have time to air dry or a pocketful of dollar coins you'd like to waste on the dryer.

• New Zealand, Female, 31-40
13th May 2017

The bar noise at night is a bit too loud.

• Ireland, Couple, 18-24
10th May 2017

Stayed here with my partner on a few occasions and each time we had a great experience! The staff are super friendly and helpful, the rooms and facilities are clean and well maintained. The Food and drinks in the bar were great and very affordable. The location is perfect and as it's right in town and only a minutes walk to the lake! We were also able to book any activities we wanted from reception and got great advice on what to do, which made our stay hassle free. Thank you base!

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
10th May 2017

I stayed at Base hostel recently and loved my experience there! I was greeted by friendly and helpful staff in reception and throughout the hostel which gave the place a good atmosphere and helped me feel right at home! My room was clean and comfortable and the bathrooms were also clean and checked regularly. They also provide free wifi which is a huge plus!! Would definitely stay here again as the location is right near the lake front it's perfect! :)

• England, Female, 18-24
9th May 2017

Molly on reception was super lovely and helpful, gave me a free upgrade

• England, Female, 25-30
4th Apr 2017

My Stay at Base was great, the staff were helpful and friendly from the minute I walked in. The facilities are good and my room was clean. The hostel has an onsite bar, both food and drinks were reasonably priced which was good for me being on a budget. The location is within walking distance of all other bars and restaurants! Would definitely stay here again and recommend to other travelers.