Base Wanaka Reviews

Level 1, 73 Brownston Street, Wanaka, Wanaka, New Zealand

My trip was enjoyable, staff were great and facilitieswere also except I did leave behind a pair of Blue Brooks running shoes, is there anyway to get them sent to me?

• 12th Nov 2015

Didnt like the atmosphere, its a very cold hostel, full of advertising.

For your basic hostel, it wasn't too bad but it was the least impressive one we stayed at during our two week road trip through New Zealand. The bedrooms/baths were clean but the bunk beds were without a doubt the noisiest thing I've ever slept on. You have to pay for everything (rather than a deposit that you get back) and the common rooms were very messy and therefore unwelcoming. Staff was nice, but that aside everything felt "corporate" and more about making $ than the customer experience.

Very plain clean and tidy rooms and bathrooms. Overall great place for a few nights!

Good location a short walk to the lake and shops. Not a lot of atmosphere or communal areas, but served it's purpose well for a ski holiday. Easy to get a park in the public parking just around the corner.

Stayed in base wanaka for one night. Without a doubt the best hostel I have stayed in. Sinead checked me in. She was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the various activities in wanaka. She booked my trips for me without any hassle. Location is perfect. The rooms and kitchen were spotless and had the best nights sleep. If I had the time this is definitely a hostel I would stay in for longer. I will go back. 100%

• 16th Jul 2015

Kitchen is way too small ! too expensive and you get nothing for your money no free breakfast wifi anything everything a $20 deposit

• 26th Jun 2015

Room was very small for 8 people. Kitchen a bit small as well. Good location and decent heaters.

Base Wanaka is more of a standard hostel with no real feel or atmosphere to it. It feels quite generic and was relatively expensive, especially considering the wifi was not free - a real downside!! The kitchen was horrific, messy (clean by morning) and not well stocked. I could literally only find one bowl. However, my dorm was warm and there were bedside lamps. No free breakfast or soup, something many other hostels provide on top of free wifi and more! Overall, it's a warm bed for the night.

Great experience. Staff were super friendly and really helpful with advice on the local area. The dorm was clean and spacious Kitchen is a little on the small side but the balcony with lake and mountain views made up for it!

• 11th Jun 2015

Hello it was very nice , good kitchen with a great balcon and friendly's team

• 5th Jun 2015