Base Wellington Reviews

21-23 Cambridge Terrace, Wellington, New Zealand

Was very noisy... could not sleep until 4am after the club underground had shut. The bathrooms were pretty dirty and did not feel clean at all. The staff were good and really nice and friendly! The lift was somewhat scary as took ages and was worried it had become stuck!

only stayed one night, as was getting naked bus at 7am and arrived around 6pm. Suitable as once u pick nakedsleep Wellington you can collected right outside the door. also got free toast and cereal as I booked with hostelworld which was great.

Hi, Thank you for choosing to stay at Base Backpackers Wellington. We really appreciate you taking the time to complete the on line survey. Thank you for your feedback. Timo Hummel

Good enough and it's cheap. Close to the party zone of Courtney Place which you can hear all night with pumping music but it's not too invasive. Good value for $. Clean enough. Nice staff.

It is a very big and busy hostel. A bit of a shame that it sometimes took half an hour to get to talk to the staff because of the long long long queue. A big plus was that we could keep the room til noon for just a few $. On the down side there's no cheap parking anywhere near it. Of course, in Wellington it's hard to find parking spots anywhere.

Hi, Thank you for choosing to stay at Base Backpackers Wellington. We really appreciate you taking the time to complete the on line survey. Thank you for your feedback. Apologies for long queue.... Timo Hummel

clean, nice kitchen, very close to the bars. It was noisy outside on sat night (not the hostel's fault), which might be a problem for a light sleeper but not for me.

Very great accommodation,super comfy!I particularly like the spacious main hall and the warm-hearted staff there,they always patiently help me to answer questions about scenic spots and transport.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • China

Hi, Thanks for staying with us and for such a great Feedback. I will pass on your compliments to our Reception staff, Regards Timo Hummel

Nick was very knowledgeable and patient in helping me plan south island. Stainless steel shower pans w excellent drains. Internet seems to be iffy for much of Wellington. Grocery store across street has lots of prepared foods and good selection so I cant comment on kitchen. Noisy at night due to the area.

Hi, Thank you for staying with us and for the great Feedback. Enjoy the rest of your travels, warm regards Timo Hummel

Ok hostel, very big and noisy because of the location but overall good for short stay. Rooms are quite small and there was only one powerpoint. Staff was great and helpful, 24 hr reception huge plus and was easy to get to the airport.

Small rooms. Good location. Not very clean.

Hi, Thanks for staying with us and leaving your feedback. We always aim to improve our Hostel & standards. My apologies in not meeting your standards this time, enjoy the rest of your travels, regards Timo Hummel

Base was my favorite of the 3 hostels I've stayed in in wellington. Plenty of space in the kitchen and bathrooms and decent beds (kinda squeeky). Bar is fun but loud if you're not going out. If you are going out, its really easy to meet people and have a good time.

HI, Thanks for staying with us and your good feedback. We always try to improve our standards and hopefully will fix those squeaky beds soon too. Enjoy the rest of your travel, Timo Hummel

I love the Base hostels! this one has a great bar which means lots of good ways to meet others! This is a Kiwi Experience hostel, so be prepared for a lot of 18-22 year olds looking to party.

great stay, comfy beds and clean rooms

• 5th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Hi, Thanks for staying with us and leaving such a good feedback. Enjoy the rest of your travels, Timo Hummel

Great stay in the hostel, was in a private with amazing views over Wellington City. Recommend this place, A+++++++!!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Base Backpackers Wellington. We really appreciate you taking the time to complete the on line survey. Great Feedback, Thanks again, Timo Hummel

Very convenient, staff were very friendly and helpful!

• 26th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Good kitchen and evening dinner. Rooms are very small and we got stuck with long term residents

Great hostel, security lockers under the bed. Rooms were maybe a bit too small as not much room once everyone's bags were in there and couldn't open the windows, but only minor details. Kitchen could do with being bigger for the amount of people in the hostel but had lots of seating space and plenty of utensils etc. easy pleasant stay, cheap meals available in the hostel which was great, supermarket just 2 min walk away. Shame they don't offer free wifi or toast like hostels in Australia.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Base Backpackers Wellington. We really appreciate you taking the time to complete the on line survey. Great Feedback, I am glad we exeeded your expectations and aim to improve even further, Timo Hummel

Nice hostel, however very big so the atmosphere lacked a little. Good bar downstairs with better atmosphere however! Very nice big well equipped kitchen. You were unable to open the windows in our dorm which meant it was unbearably stuffy by the morning. Otherwise an overall good hostel.

Great stay, standard for a Base property. Not impressed by how loud the beds are.

Disappointed by Base. Didn't feel particularly welcomed by staff. And when speaking to a room mate, she for some reason received meal vouchers and free toiletries which I didn't even though we both booked through hostelworld?! All female dorm was nice enough - though some slats at the end of my bed were broken which made getting out interesting. Don't store your luggage for free - make you pay 3 dollars to use limited lockers. No free wifi.

Ok place to stay, the room was cold as no one knew how to close the window. Didn't like that I had to pay to store my luggage for a few hours after check out. Staff didn't seem to care much once you checked out. Nice that they have the ladies only sanctuary, though expect a bus load of kiwi experience people at this hostel. Not my ideal situation but the stay was ok for one night.