Base Wellington Reviews

21-23 Cambridge Terrace, Wellington, New Zealand

Good enough and it's cheap. Close to the party zone of Courtney Place which you can hear all night with pumping music but it's not too invasive. Good value for $. Clean enough. Nice staff.

clean, nice kitchen, very close to the bars. It was noisy outside on sat night (not the hostel's fault), which might be a problem for a light sleeper but not for me.

Very great accommodation,super comfy!I particularly like the spacious main hall and the warm-hearted staff there,they always patiently help me to answer questions about scenic spots and transport.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • China

Hi, Thanks for staying with us and for such a great Feedback. I will pass on your compliments to our Reception staff, Regards Timo Hummel

Nick was very knowledgeable and patient in helping me plan south island. Stainless steel shower pans w excellent drains. Internet seems to be iffy for much of Wellington. Grocery store across street has lots of prepared foods and good selection so I cant comment on kitchen. Noisy at night due to the area.

Hi, Thank you for staying with us and for the great Feedback. Enjoy the rest of your travels, warm regards Timo Hummel

Ok hostel, very big and noisy because of the location but overall good for short stay. Rooms are quite small and there was only one powerpoint. Staff was great and helpful, 24 hr reception huge plus and was easy to get to the airport.

Small rooms. Good location. Not very clean.

Hi, Thanks for staying with us and leaving your feedback. We always aim to improve our Hostel & standards. My apologies in not meeting your standards this time, enjoy the rest of your travels, regards Timo Hummel

Base was my favorite of the 3 hostels I've stayed in in wellington. Plenty of space in the kitchen and bathrooms and decent beds (kinda squeeky). Bar is fun but loud if you're not going out. If you are going out, its really easy to meet people and have a good time.

HI, Thanks for staying with us and your good feedback. We always try to improve our standards and hopefully will fix those squeaky beds soon too. Enjoy the rest of your travel, Timo Hummel

I love the Base hostels! this one has a great bar which means lots of good ways to meet others! This is a Kiwi Experience hostel, so be prepared for a lot of 18-22 year olds looking to party.

great stay, comfy beds and clean rooms

• 5th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Hi, Thanks for staying with us and leaving such a good feedback. Enjoy the rest of your travels, Timo Hummel

Great stay in the hostel, was in a private with amazing views over Wellington City. Recommend this place, A+++++++!!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Base Backpackers Wellington. We really appreciate you taking the time to complete the on line survey. Great Feedback, Thanks again, Timo Hummel

Very convenient, staff were very friendly and helpful!

• 26th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Good kitchen and evening dinner. Rooms are very small and we got stuck with long term residents

Great hostel, security lockers under the bed. Rooms were maybe a bit too small as not much room once everyone's bags were in there and couldn't open the windows, but only minor details. Kitchen could do with being bigger for the amount of people in the hostel but had lots of seating space and plenty of utensils etc. easy pleasant stay, cheap meals available in the hostel which was great, supermarket just 2 min walk away. Shame they don't offer free wifi or toast like hostels in Australia.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Base Backpackers Wellington. We really appreciate you taking the time to complete the on line survey. Great Feedback, I am glad we exeeded your expectations and aim to improve even further, Timo Hummel

Nice hostel, however very big so the atmosphere lacked a little. Good bar downstairs with better atmosphere however! Very nice big well equipped kitchen. You were unable to open the windows in our dorm which meant it was unbearably stuffy by the morning. Otherwise an overall good hostel.

Great stay, standard for a Base property. Not impressed by how loud the beds are.

Disappointed by Base. Didn't feel particularly welcomed by staff. And when speaking to a room mate, she for some reason received meal vouchers and free toiletries which I didn't even though we both booked through hostelworld?! All female dorm was nice enough - though some slats at the end of my bed were broken which made getting out interesting. Don't store your luggage for free - make you pay 3 dollars to use limited lockers. No free wifi.

Ok place to stay, the room was cold as no one knew how to close the window. Didn't like that I had to pay to store my luggage for a few hours after check out. Staff didn't seem to care much once you checked out. Nice that they have the ladies only sanctuary, though expect a bus load of kiwi experience people at this hostel. Not my ideal situation but the stay was ok for one night.

Lives up to the standard of every other large chain hostel that thrives to be the best yet can't even see fit to maintain simple things like cleanliness. Bathrooms were absolutely horrendous, I came out feeling dirtier than when I went in. Dorms weren't that bad, comfortable enough but that's as far as the positives go. Kitchen a disaster, a 7 floor hostel and only one working microwave. I wouldn't mind if their prices weren't so ridiculous for what you get. I'm still in shock. Stay elsewhere!!

I had a really nice stay there, it was clean and it's really well situated (30 seconds away from Courtenay Place). Only it's too bad that there is no free Internet.

Bathroom could've been kept cleaner (was on all female floor though) but I know it is a busy hostel. More kitchen pans would be good. Props for having 2 outlets. Expensive wifi. Overall a good experience but a bit overpriced.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Base Backpackers Wellington. We really appreciate you taking the time to complete the on line survey. Thanks for the feedback and we will stock up our kitchen with more equipment, unfortunately we wont be able to reduce the cost much for for our high speed uncapped internet but i assure you, this is one of the cheapest in the country. Timo Hummel