Base Wellington Reviews

21-23 Cambridge Terrace, Wellington, New Zealand

Nice hostel, however very big so the atmosphere lacked a little. Good bar downstairs with better atmosphere however! Very nice big well equipped kitchen. You were unable to open the windows in our dorm which meant it was unbearably stuffy by the morning. Otherwise an overall good hostel.

Great stay, standard for a Base property. Not impressed by how loud the beds are.

Disappointed by Base. Didn't feel particularly welcomed by staff. And when speaking to a room mate, she for some reason received meal vouchers and free toiletries which I didn't even though we both booked through hostelworld?! All female dorm was nice enough - though some slats at the end of my bed were broken which made getting out interesting. Don't store your luggage for free - make you pay 3 dollars to use limited lockers. No free wifi.

Ok place to stay, the room was cold as no one knew how to close the window. Didn't like that I had to pay to store my luggage for a few hours after check out. Staff didn't seem to care much once you checked out. Nice that they have the ladies only sanctuary, though expect a bus load of kiwi experience people at this hostel. Not my ideal situation but the stay was ok for one night.

Lives up to the standard of every other large chain hostel that thrives to be the best yet can't even see fit to maintain simple things like cleanliness. Bathrooms were absolutely horrendous, I came out feeling dirtier than when I went in. Dorms weren't that bad, comfortable enough but that's as far as the positives go. Kitchen a disaster, a 7 floor hostel and only one working microwave. I wouldn't mind if their prices weren't so ridiculous for what you get. I'm still in shock. Stay elsewhere!!

I had a really nice stay there, it was clean and it's really well situated (30 seconds away from Courtenay Place). Only it's too bad that there is no free Internet.

1 2 Next » last »