BaseCamp International Center Tanzania Reviews

Kijenge, Arusha, Tanzania

This hostel is mainly for volunteers but they were quite happy to accomodate mere holidaymakers. We stayed a couple of days on route to a Safari and a night on the way back and the hostel was perfect for us (family of 2 adults and 2 children). It was really nice having the upstairs patio to relax in and an added bonus were the interesting people who stayed there. They were doing voluntary work in the area and all had interesting stories to tell. The food was good and the dinners very economical.

• 26th Jul 2014

Security problems such as thieves during the night and internet is always down or very slow when available. Lack of shower facilities in some rooms and water takes a long time to heat up and warm water only available for a short time.

Staff was really helpful in securing a taxi in the morning. People were chilled out. Great place, probably the best in Arusha.

Great place doing great work. Mainly set up for project volunteers but that gives a nice vibe to the place and Moses is a fantastic host.

“My 3rd time staying here! Previous comments...This is a great hostel in a peaceful/quiet setting. Moses and co are great hosts and very helpful. Although it is slightly far away from central Arusha I feel this is the appeal of the hostel and in saying that it costs no more than 5K for a taxi or 300 for a Dala Dala. The breakfast is great and the place is clean. I did not find the mentioned lockers but at no time did I feel my possessions were not safe. Would def recommend and stay here again!

The hostel manager is really helpful and all the people working there are very friendly

Wonderful place to stay with lovely hosts

My 2nd time staying here! Previous comments...This is a great hostel in a peaceful/quiet setting. Moses and co are great hosts and very helpful. Although it is slightly far away from central Arusha I feel this is the appeal of the hostel and in saying that it costs no more than 5K for a taxi or 300 for a Dala Dala. The breakfast is great and the place is clean. I did not find the mentioned lockers but at no time did I feel my possessions were not safe. Would def recommend and stay here again!

This is a great hostel in a peaceful/quiet setting. Moses and co are great hosts and very helpful. Although it is slightly far away from central Arusha I feel this is the appeal of the hostel and in saying that it costs no more than 5K for a taxi or 300 for a Dala Dala. The breakfast is great and the place is clean albeit the cleaner begin sick the week I was here. I did not find the mentioned lockers but at no time did I feel my possessions were not safe. Would def recommend and stay here again

We loved basecamp. Compared to other places we stayed in African cities, Basecamp was lovely! Clean and comfy. Loved watching the sunset from the balcony and it was nice to come back to peace and quiet and safety after a day of chaos in Arusha. Moses was also a fantastic person to ask for recommendations!!! Only feedback is fixing shower heads. :)

Very nice hostel to stage for a trip to the Serengetti or Mt. Kilimanjaro. Showers are adequate, and there is hot water when the power is on. Breakfast was included with the price, as was dinner one night, good food. I felt very safe at this hostel. It has a nice view of Arusha as well.

The patio is absolutely lovely. The staff, particularly moses, are helpful and friendly. The location is nice; a little bit away from the clock tower so it's not too busy, and the patio has a nice view.

didn't stay here that long, unfortunately, but when we go back to Arusha this is definetely where we'll stay! :)

Nice hostel, great location but hard to find and to recognise from the outside, make sure you get a pick-up at the bus-station or something! But the location is great and personel very helpfull! Hygiene is ok, food is good. Facilities are excellent!