Basel Back Pack

8.8
Fabulous 955 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

Staff are really awesome (thanks for the LEBKUCHEN), the hostel itself is in a beautiful area, set in an old factory with a lot of history and even though it has been quiet every time I have visited I still met a lot of amazing people. The facilities are simple, but you have everything you need for the weary backpacker The extortionate prices in Switzerland are the only reason I marked down the value for money! Thanks again, and see you in a few years.

• Taiwan, Female, 25-30
2nd Feb 2017

an interesting creative area for stay. Guests are friendly and chatty. Definitely stay again if I visit Basel.

• hannibananzy
  • USA, Female, 18-24
31st Dec 2016

This was a really great hostel, I was very impressed! Nice bed linens and duvet, friendly staff even though they were too quick with the check in and didn't give me the wifi or other detailed tips, located right by the tram, lockers included, and bar with kitchen! Great place. I would stay again.

31st Dec 2016

Great staff, quick service and well located.

14th Dec 2016

Nice hostel in Basel. Best location, just beside the train station, well clean and the staff is really friendly and helpful.

• USA, Female, 18-24
12th Dec 2016

My friends and I really enjoyed our stay at this hostel. The staff are really accommodating when we arrived outside of check in times. The hostel is located where everything (train station, bus station, etc) is within walking distance. Would definitely recommend.

11th Dec 2016

Only stayed here for a night because I had to catch an early flight in the morning. Good facilities and location.

• Taiwan, Female, 25-30
3rd Dec 2016
5.4

I had allergy on skin after one night stay, I don't know the reason but this is very rare to me.

26th Nov 2016

Only downside is value for money but considering that its Switzerland, its not out of the ordinary. You have to pay another $8 for the breakfast (typical hostel meal of coffee, bread, cereal and fruit). Atmosphere was great! There was a jazz show in the common area by the bar that was awesome. Really dug the surrounding area too (although it gets residential quick). Close to the train station and walking distance from the bars just on the opposite side of the station.

4th Nov 2016

We loved this hostel! The staff were very friendly and even though we had orginally chosen a mixed dorm, we were switched into an all female one to make us feel more comfortable with no issues. The rooms are VERY spacious and the beds are super comfortable. A free travel card was included with our stay along with free lockers, bed sheets and wifi. About a 10-15 minute walk from the main train station! Would definitely recommend this hostel if you are in Basel.