Basel Back Pack Reviews

Dornacherstrasse 192, Basel, Switzerland

Great hostel. Friendly atmosphere. Helpful staff. Convenient location

Great place to stay. There is a brewery open on weekends next door which is always a plus! Staff are excellent and really happy to help. For 8 € you can get breakfast in the morning, for Swiss prices that's not to bad. You get free public transport travel card from the hostel as well and the tram stop is only a minute away. Tram ride to the centre of town is 5 mins.

This was a fantastic hostel, Really nice place with a good vibe. We enjoyed it that much we went back again at the end of our trip around switzerland. So handy for Basel SBB too, its literally across the road... Highly recommended!

• 4th Aug 2014

It is a very nice spot to spend a few night in Basel. You should know that we got a free public transport card and it helped our budget a lot. Basel is a wonderful city and you are not going to spend that much time in doors, regardless of the weather. The staff was awesome, they know what , where, when was happening and they were very helpful. For me this accommodation was a really good choice.

The staff were helpful and courteous. They allowed an early check-in for me as the room was ready and I really appreciated it. The 8-sharing female dorm was spacious and each person had a locker to herself. The shower rooms and toilets were clean and sufficient and the common areas were good! Wifi connectivity throughout the hostel!

OK hostel, was neither good nor bad. Just a bed for the night really. Not very close to anything and what they had on offer for breakfast wasn't worth the money when we looked at it so ended up getting breakfast in town

Staff was friendly and the facilities were nice. The only problem was it was very hot in our room at night and loud with the windows open.

A really nice hostel in a cool part of town, although quite out of the way of the river and lively part of the city. I set up base in Basel and did day trips to other cities in Switzerland. It worked out really well for me, I'd definitely stay here again.

Great staff, lovely kitchen and bathrooms, really, really clean!! Cosy rooms :))) I had a check-in earlier than I was supposed to :) The location was also great. And the wi-fi worked in rooms! One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at!!

I met a lot of nice travelers here! And the staffs are also good to talk to!

The "lockers" in the room were actually small safety deposit boxes and the rooms don't lock automatically. It was in a great location and all the staff were lovely. One thing to note, there are bikes to borrow for free but only 1 had working breaks, which isn't ideal.

That's a cosy and arty one! Despite its location isn't exactly in the city centre, it's fairly close to the main train station and the old town (walking distance). The staff and atmosphere are quite friendly and make you feel welcome. The rooms themselves are spacious and pleasant and the beds are great (comfortable and bigger than usual). Toilets and bathrooms are alright. Free wifi everywhere.

First off, the location of the hostel is a 5-10 minute walk from the central train station and 3-5 minutes away from a local supermarket. We walked around town at our stay, but you recieve a ticket for trams and busses for your entire stay, so you can utilize the city's transportation whenever you want! When we arrived, the staff was great at greeting us and showing us to our room, as well as answering any questions we might have about our stay. Kitchen was good, rooms nice and showers good too!

met some interesting people here and the hostel staff is nice

You should have sent ny booking in English not Spanish maybe I hit a wrong button Great hostel, though

The hotel was safe and clean. I was in a room 8 beds only women. Nice natural light, big windows, the hotel is located in a small complex with bars. the tram stops right in the corner, back and to the city. Bathroom is shared between Man and female, not the showers. There was no common tv area, at least I haven´t seen in. There is an elevator in case you need it. Big lockers with keys inside the rooms, also a little table with chairs. outlet next to each bed. Internet worked good.

I´ve been coming here every year during the fair for the past 6-7 years, so that says it all. I really like the outdoor space it has gotten nicer over the years, the area livelier, more eateries etc. Lockers in the room would be nice. The rooms are a bit small but I only come to sleep anyway. The beds are good. Supermarket nearby, tram stops right infront. Free towels adds a nice touch. Hope to be back again next year. Only - having a little kid staying in the room was a bit strange.

Staff very helpful, directions, etc.

• 3rd Jun 2014