Basel Back Pack Reviews

Dornacherstrasse 192, Basel, Switzerland

Pros: Clean bathrooms Big showers Laundry was cheap to do The workers were really nice Cons: Far away from anything worth seeing in Basel (not that there is much) The street right outside is quite noisy This is a big one: I found out that the locker keys for the room I stayed at worked at every single locker in the room (blue room). They assign you a locker and key, but it's pointless because it works on every one. I found out by accidentally opening the wrong locker.

I stayed in the Hostel during some very warm days in summer and it was almost impossible to sleep in the rooms, as they felt like an oven. There is no air conditionated or fans in the rooms. The first day I slept in the hamac outside. Because rain was forecasted for the second day, the hamac was removed and I had to sleep in the room. My bed was infested with bed bags, so I could only fall asleep when I moved to a different bed.

During June 2015, I had an excellent overnight-stay at this hostel. Staff was friendly and helpful, facilities are always clean and tidy and the 8-bed dorm was spacious and bright with comfortable beds.

Only stayed one night but was a great hostel.

Pros Use of local public transport for free Free breakfast Really friendly staff Good kitchen (with kettle!) Big lockable lockers for luggage Comfortable beds Clean toilets and bathroom Cons It wasn't free...

Good to average value for money only because I was there during Art Basel and the prices are much higher than usual. But overall it´s a great place to stay. Comfy beds, good comforter, clean bathrooms, cleaned several times a day, perfect location among great eateries and cafes. Lots of greenery.

When I arrived in the Hostel everything was satisfactory, however I struggled to find the place. The Hostel is set back from the main road therefore as I did you may walk past it not knowing it is there. Better directions and signage would greatly improve this.

Great location, wonderful rooms and very good service! It was a real pleasure.

Wonderful hostel. Fully equipped kitchen and really nice showers (with plenty of space to put clothes n stuffs). I stayed at a 8 female dorm but slept on an extra large single bed! Hostel is 15 min walk or 2 stop from SBB. Instructions for late check in is interesting lol. Check in until 9 pm and check out before 11 am. Good wifi in room. Very good value for money!!

Vey clean and friendly place with a good atmosphere. The staff were friendly. I ended up in a smaller room than booked and paid for which is always nice. I loved that the hostel is situated in location that is very green and looks like it is a social / eco project! Also I didn't know that public transport is included in the prize - that makes a better value for the money paid.

Pretty good hostel for the price - there aren't many options in Basel. The hostel isn't super centrally located but I didn't mind because Basel is very walkable and the hostel gives you a free public transportation pass, which is nice. One thing I will say is if you book here be mindful of the desk hours. During my stay, a girl got locked out of her room and was unable to get in until the desk reopened in the morning at 8 or 9 am. Overall nice hostel though.

• 15th May 2015

Seemed like a good atmosphere at the hostel. Tea available 24hrs - much appreciated. Staff were helpful. The free transport card that comes with the booking was very helpful! Located not too far from the train station.

Was a great stop over for the night during our travel through Europe. We stayed in an 8 bed bunk room with other people, who were mostly older aged. The room was clean and had a locker for each of us. the staff was very nice and friendly. The location was great for walking around town and feeling safe. There is a bar right next to the hostel which has a good atmosphere for drinks. Be careful if early checkout because desk staff don't open before 8am. Very happy with our stay and will return

it's a really nice hostel but the roof of shower room was always opened. it's quite cold to take a shower there.

You guys have emailed me three times asking for a review. Why must we write about every place and everything we do?

• 2nd May 2015

Great place to stay in Basel. Staff were very welcoming and helpful and we were upgraded to a 4 person form for no extra cost! Very comfortable room. The free transport pass was so very handy! Would stay there again.

Nice, clean & cheap place to stay in Basel. But feather pillows are not suitable for everyone ...

• 1st May 2015
  • Belgium

Spacious and comfortable rooms and kitchen. Good wifi and in-room lockers will fit luggage. Travel card is great for getting around town. The staff I met were very friendly. Hallways are not well insulated so horribly noisy at night if people are being inconsiderate - bring ear plugs.

good to stay in here!:)

Nice that they give you a tram pass.