Basel Back Pack Reviews

Dornacherstrasse 192, Basel, Switzerland

I´ve been coming here every year during the fair for the past 6-7 years, so that says it all. I really like the outdoor space it has gotten nicer over the years, the area livelier, more eateries etc. Lockers in the room would be nice. The rooms are a bit small but I only come to sleep anyway. The beds are good. Supermarket nearby, tram stops right infront. Free towels adds a nice touch. Hope to be back again next year. Only - having a little kid staying in the room was a bit strange.

Staff very helpful, directions, etc.

• 3rd Jun 2014

I would absolutely recommend this place to other travellers. We've been in hostels for two months now and this place really impressed us. Good kitchen, good beds, clean, nice area with good, free tram connections to the centre, good wifi, close enough to the train station. We were very happy with our stay, we only wish there was something in Basel that would gave made it worth our while staying longer.

Great place to stay if you want to travel economical! they give you a free ticket for using the local buses and trams....quite helpful considering you are in Swiss! Friendly staff and they are quite courteous!

Really enjoyed my stay there. Staff are friendly and facilities are great!

Great stuff, perfect localization, rooms clean, great idea with the pass for travel in Basel included in the price. Very recommend this place.

Enjoyed my stay. Thanks to the staff for letting me have some olive oil!

This was a great hostel with great staff. The facility was fully functional and well kept, and in a good location. There is a fully accessible kitchen with pots/pans, refrigerator, stove, etc. The dorm room was very large and there are a variety of bed sizes to choose from inside the dorm room. Lockers are available in the room, which are spacious. It was extremely helpful having the complimentary transit pass. Both breakfast and dinner are available for purchase for 8 franc, I believe.

Great hostel, comfortable, cool and colourful and it's in an awesome neighbourhood that shares that same modern artistic look, which is complete with bars and restaurants and bike rental. A great place to just hang out, and then there's options of busses and trams super close by so you can make your way into the heart of the city. (If you don't want to take advantage of the bikes) Very pleasant stay.

nice and clean place to stay, friendly staff and good value for your money

comfy beds, good layout of rooms - 8 bed felt like a 4 bed room, excellent showers, nice lounge and bar/reception. close the the SBB station and the fee includes a travel card! The hostel is located in a refurbished factory area with little bars/bistros/gym/library etc so its a great vibe.

1 2 Next » last »