Basel Back Pack Reviews

Dornacherstrasse 192, Basel, Switzerland

Please add pictures of the multiple beds rooms on the website. There was a lot of snoring. I was not able to sleep that well.

• 29th Oct 2015
  • Lebanon

Nice place. Locker for each bed. Beds were amazing. 3 of the 6 beds in my room were double beds for one person each. Mine was a single bed but still big and feather pillow and duvet. Always clean. Alcohol sold at reception but only 4pm-9pm. There's a shop down the road open til 10pm and a nice bar

Comfy beds and good price, especially for Switzerland! Great location and easy to find. Shower facilities were good and clean. The toilets constantly had a dodgy smell though! It would be good to maybe have some group activities available. I stayed here at the end of October (so not peak tourist season) but the hostel was very quiet with not much life in the common room.

The room was big, airy and very clean. It was quite light (even at night) but very comfortable. Staff very helpful and easy. Transport card was great as the hostel is a little away from the Altstadt. I also managed to leave the train station in the wrong direction, initially. I used what looked like the main exit with loads of buses/trams etc then eventually discovered I should have gone out the other way.

Great stay, other than a couple crazy guests (crazy in the literal sense). Will definitely stay here again if I ever find myself back in Basel!

Awesome hostel! It's located on the other side of the train station to the city centre but it's only a short 15 minute walk to get into the heart of Basel. Situated in a complex of arty type buildings and great if you're into yoga. Beautifully laid out and really comfy beds, great kitchen and a relaxed vibe. Really enjoyed my stay!

i love this place

The young man at the reception was very pleasant and helpful. No complaints . Every facility that a traveller needs while on the move who is travelling on a low budget was available at this hostel, even gave us a free tram pass to get round the old town without the hassle of looking to buy tickets. Thank you , Jan and Murray Bradley.

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Couple, 41+

A little ways from city centre, but you get a city transit card with check in, which is really handy. I was only able to stay one night, but very pleasant; I would have liked to stay longer and would stay again.

Nice welcome and they even proposed to take my bicycle, when asked where to leave it, to my room and assisted me. Top !. Nice and clean room also.

Your black wall not really friendly

Its a little bit far away from the main train station if you walk on foot. If you go by tram than it'd take about 10 mins to go. I stayed in a female dorm which is a huge space. The kitchen is nice. There're lots of facilities that can be used. The only one fault about the kitchen is the cleanliness, but I think its the problem of the guests who don't wash their own dishes after used.

Breakfast should have been included

Kitchen is pretty well stocked, but lacks a couple of things like chopping boards. Was lovely to have the herb garden, and people had left onions/garlic to use. Staff were lovely, and gave us a free upgrade as they'd booked 3 large groups. Crowded, but good atmosphere for meeting people. The stairs were annoying (we were exhausted by this point in the trip) but the private double room was spacious and clean. Roadwork/traffic noise. Showers etc. great in the guesthouse. Laundry limited, no iron.

Staff only available 4 till 9,small kitchen with no oven too many people to be able to use it.maybe I was unlucky but had school trip staying there and noise consistently made all the nights and till 2am.

I got a serious allergy to dust.... spent all night sneezing! :(

Excellent value, especially for Basel !

• 16th Aug 2015

Excellent hostel, one of the best I've ever stayed in. Our room was double booked, but we got upgraded to the premium double, which had an ensuite and balcony. Felt like we were in a hotel that wouldve been triple the price!

• 15th Aug 2015