Basel Back Pack Reviews

Dornacherstrasse 192, Basel, Switzerland

met some interesting people here and the hostel staff is nice

You should have sent ny booking in English not Spanish maybe I hit a wrong button Great hostel, though

The hotel was safe and clean. I was in a room 8 beds only women. Nice natural light, big windows, the hotel is located in a small complex with bars. the tram stops right in the corner, back and to the city. Bathroom is shared between Man and female, not the showers. There was no common tv area, at least I haven´t seen in. There is an elevator in case you need it. Big lockers with keys inside the rooms, also a little table with chairs. outlet next to each bed. Internet worked good.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Argentina

I´ve been coming here every year during the fair for the past 6-7 years, so that says it all. I really like the outdoor space it has gotten nicer over the years, the area livelier, more eateries etc. Lockers in the room would be nice. The rooms are a bit small but I only come to sleep anyway. The beds are good. Supermarket nearby, tram stops right infront. Free towels adds a nice touch. Hope to be back again next year. Only - having a little kid staying in the room was a bit strange.

Staff very helpful, directions, etc.

• 3rd Jun 2014

I would absolutely recommend this place to other travellers. We've been in hostels for two months now and this place really impressed us. Good kitchen, good beds, clean, nice area with good, free tram connections to the centre, good wifi, close enough to the train station. We were very happy with our stay, we only wish there was something in Basel that would gave made it worth our while staying longer.

Great place to stay if you want to travel economical! they give you a free ticket for using the local buses and trams....quite helpful considering you are in Swiss! Friendly staff and they are quite courteous!

Really enjoyed my stay there. Staff are friendly and facilities are great!

Great stuff, perfect localization, rooms clean, great idea with the pass for travel in Basel included in the price. Very recommend this place.

Enjoyed my stay. Thanks to the staff for letting me have some olive oil!

This was a great hostel with great staff. The facility was fully functional and well kept, and in a good location. There is a fully accessible kitchen with pots/pans, refrigerator, stove, etc. The dorm room was very large and there are a variety of bed sizes to choose from inside the dorm room. Lockers are available in the room, which are spacious. It was extremely helpful having the complimentary transit pass. Both breakfast and dinner are available for purchase for 8 franc, I believe.

1 2 Next » last »