Basel Back Pack Reviews

Dornacherstrasse 192, Basel, Switzerland

Great location, wonderful rooms and very good service! It was a real pleasure.

Wonderful hostel. Fully equipped kitchen and really nice showers (with plenty of space to put clothes n stuffs). I stayed at a 8 female dorm but slept on an extra large single bed! Hostel is 15 min walk or 2 stop from SBB. Instructions for late check in is interesting lol. Check in until 9 pm and check out before 11 am. Good wifi in room. Very good value for money!!

Vey clean and friendly place with a good atmosphere. The staff were friendly. I ended up in a smaller room than booked and paid for which is always nice. I loved that the hostel is situated in location that is very green and looks like it is a social / eco project! Also I didn't know that public transport is included in the prize - that makes a better value for the money paid.

Pretty good hostel for the price - there aren't many options in Basel. The hostel isn't super centrally located but I didn't mind because Basel is very walkable and the hostel gives you a free public transportation pass, which is nice. One thing I will say is if you book here be mindful of the desk hours. During my stay, a girl got locked out of her room and was unable to get in until the desk reopened in the morning at 8 or 9 am. Overall nice hostel though.

• 15th May 2015

Seemed like a good atmosphere at the hostel. Tea available 24hrs - much appreciated. Staff were helpful. The free transport card that comes with the booking was very helpful! Located not too far from the train station.

Was a great stop over for the night during our travel through Europe. We stayed in an 8 bed bunk room with other people, who were mostly older aged. The room was clean and had a locker for each of us. the staff was very nice and friendly. The location was great for walking around town and feeling safe. There is a bar right next to the hostel which has a good atmosphere for drinks. Be careful if early checkout because desk staff don't open before 8am. Very happy with our stay and will return

it's a really nice hostel but the roof of shower room was always opened. it's quite cold to take a shower there.

You guys have emailed me three times asking for a review. Why must we write about every place and everything we do?

• 2nd May 2015

Great place to stay in Basel. Staff were very welcoming and helpful and we were upgraded to a 4 person form for no extra cost! Very comfortable room. The free transport pass was so very handy! Would stay there again.

Nice, clean & cheap place to stay in Basel. But feather pillows are not suitable for everyone ...

• 1st May 2015
  • Belgium

Spacious and comfortable rooms and kitchen. Good wifi and in-room lockers will fit luggage. Travel card is great for getting around town. The staff I met were very friendly. Hallways are not well insulated so horribly noisy at night if people are being inconsiderate - bring ear plugs.

good to stay in here!:)

Nice that they give you a tram pass.

Great hostel. Not far from Basel SBB and the center of town. They provide a free tram pass to help you get around the city. Everything about this hostel was fantastic. I've been travelling around Europe for 2 months and this hostel has been the best. They had flexible payment options, received mail on my behalf, were friendly and extending our stay without any hassle. On top of that the WIFI is good, the beds are all in good condition, and the bathroom and kitchen facilities are spot on

Very nice and helpful staff, went the extra mile when I checked in late.

Very comfortable, very cool location and accessible transit.

• 7th Apr 2015

i was welcomed by the nicest peron ever and he made me the best hot chocolate in the world and i was very happy. I look forward to returning there. Thankyou.

Maybe would be useful a bigger indication for reaching the entrance since it's not on the street ! Anyway, arriving there was the only problem I've got. Prices are a bit high, but yeah we are in Switzerland...

• 3rd Apr 2015

Very nice place, very cosy atmosphere, a tram ride from the train station, but you can walk with no problems. They give you the free pass to all transportation in the city (:

I just slept there, arriving almost at midnight and leaving at 8 in the morning, but I will for sure come back to this hostel!