Basel Back Pack Reviews

Dornacherstrasse 192, Basel, Switzerland

Great stay! The room was very clean with nice fresh sheets. It was a little hard to find at first. You have to go down an alley (not a sketchy one thank goodness) since it's not right on the road. Close to the train station (Basel SBB) you can walk! The staff was super friendly and helpful especially to 4 girls who asked a lot of questions! Would definitely recommend!

Walking distance from Basel SBB. Directions on how to get there were very clear. No late check in so you need to let them know in advance. Instructions on how to get my key and how to get to my room were excellent.

Very clean, lovely showers!

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Wales

Very basic accommodations. Everything has a very relaxed feeling. Nice big lockers with a key for you to use, and the front desk will let you borrow a towel or a plug adapter or whatever you need. There's nothing fancy about this place, but I found everyone very friendly and helpful and I would stay here again!

Very good environment and the guy in reception he was very friendly and he helped me with everything! I fully recommend it!

Everything is good. Specialy free transport card is great to me.(but no one check the ticket) Linen has some spots, I think it's old but well cleaned.

Grüezi! This is a great place to stay overnight in Basel! It has all that we need! Good hostel!

Big rooms. Comfortable stay. Thiiiiiiiin pillows.

• 4th Jan 2015

Staff were excellent. Facilities are also very good. I would stay here again. Only negative is that the main city centre is on the other side of the train station and this hotel is one kilometre from the train station. 10-15 minute walk to old town.

It was an enjoyable stay - despite it being only a night. The lady at the reception was friendly and helpful. Nice and clean kitchen for use and nice rooms!

We were traveling during an off season so there weren't a lot of people but it was comfortable and warm. The location was near public transportation that was really convenient. We didn't have a problem here and found the staff to be helpful. Would stay here again.

Lovely hostel, really cool and clean. When we arrived a little key was waiting with a note with my name because the reception was closed. I can't say much about the atmosphere because me and my friend were away right before Christmas so maybe not the peak travelling time! Staff very helpful and you got a free tram pass which was great but in hindsight nobody asked us for any proof of payment on the trams.

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

A good hostel and really close to the train station! Staff were very friendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable and the showers were big enough to bring your things in with you to change afterwards. My only 2 issues were: The blue room was next to the kitchen and therefore was really loud when people were talking; and the motion lights in the shower room don't stay on long enough for a full shower - I had to come out of the shower to make the lights come on again. But otherwise a great hostel!

Everything is good, only the location need 10 minutes work from the station

Great hostel, little to fault. Location very convenient for catching morning trains the next day. Lots of supermarkets around and the dorms are spaced out nicely.

Cool hostel near the train station. The straff was very nice and helpful, and the rooms common areas was ok enough. Not the most exciting area though, and you have to take a tram to get to the city centre (the hostel give you free tram tickets!! :-)). Noisy in the night and no straff around here in the evening/night.

Located a bit far from the city centre (you have to take a tram), but near the central station. The perfect thing is that the hostel give you a card for free travel with trams and busses. The staff was very nice and helpful and the common area was nice (you could have free coffee/tea, fruit, candy and cake), very simple breakfast and there is no one at work during the night.

It was really great, I love the youthfulness of the space and the graffiti art on the walls. The price included a transportation ticket and a locker already with reservation which was great. And breakfast was nice for only 8 C which is significantly cheaper than anywhere else. The maps, walking tours, and Basel events to explore found at the hostel were extremely useful and really helped to make this trip great. The workers are really friendly and helpful. I enjoyed it very much!

• 28th Nov 2014