Basel Back Pack Reviews

Dornacherstrasse 192, Basel, Switzerland

Very international group staying there. Staff always helpful. Cool vibe. Safe location (can walk easily to Basel SBB ~10-15 minutes away). Wifi works well. Bathrooms are clean and more or less segregated. Nice kitchen with lots of equipment (no oven though) for cooking. City transport card. Filling and affordable breakfast (8 swiss francs when I was there). I've been three times! Great choice.

• 20th Nov 2014

wonderful

Upon arrival there was no sign out in the street or on the buildings nearby indicating where the hostel was. I only found it by the Tourist information office indicating its position on a map. Not easy to locate. As to be expected I. Switzerland, it was clean, precise, functional. Good sized rooms. Metal lockers for clothing. A bed side cabinet with 2 shelves and a rack at the bed head to put items. A table and chairs inside. No en suite facilities, and no mention of a different electrics.

As a female travelling by myself this place was safe and in a great location near the train station. The public transport pass makes it so easy to get around. good kitchen and wifi! I used it as my base for a couple days trips around Switzerland (it's cheap compared to most places) would definitely reccomend!

I was happy to stay here :)

Very very little atmosphere which is a shame because the bar could be great. Upstairs it's quite dingy too, especially considering the cost for the night!

The top bunks are great - very wide and comfortable. Unfortunately, the bed linen was a little damp.

Really awesome art work on the walls of this hostel which is well worth a look. Although not massively nearer the sights of Basel it is near to the train station (10mins walk) and set up in an area that has lots of bars and small local shops like bakeries. The staff here were really helpful and got me sorted at 10pm so I could use my one day in Basel really well.

Excellent staff! I wanted to change my room because of my dorm-colleagues, they did that without any problem

Staffs are so kind, friendly and helpful. I'd love to recommend it to everyone.

Nice place to stay with large rooms. Toilets and showers OK. Location is near to the trams and train station and they give you a free travelpass which is handy. Next door is a brewery and good place to drink. I think the breakfast maybe should be included in the price. Big problem was the electric sockets that have a long hexagonal recess so unless you have a plug to fit you cannot charge anything. They do have extension leads with flat sockets but usually they are already being used.

Nice place, friendly staff, good location/building and you get a free travel card for the city

Clean, nice hostel.

Basel Back Pack was a nice place to stay. The rooms were nice, unless you are sleeping on the top bunk, it's up way high. They offer free public transportation when you stay with them, which is very nice. If you ask the staff, they'll tell you how to walk over to France, that was an amazing experience. The staff is friendly and the facility is nice. There isn't a good common room to meet everyone though. We only met our roommates, no one in the other rooms.

A nice place set in an old factory along with a few other places such as a brewery/bar, restaurants and so on. Friendly staff helped with suggestions for a short time in Basel. Beds were big so my partner and I could actually be in the same bed together! One particular guest who left at 5am insisted on waking up the rest of the dorm by getting her things together, but you get those people sometimes! For those on a budget (not easy to do in Switzerland) this is a good place.

Very helpful staff,only too happy to help with any questions or problems you have.

• 30th Sep 2014