Basel Back Pack Reviews

Dornacherstrasse 192, Basel, Switzerland

Very comfortable, very cool location and accessible transit.

• 7th Apr 2015

i was welcomed by the nicest peron ever and he made me the best hot chocolate in the world and i was very happy. I look forward to returning there. Thankyou.

Maybe would be useful a bigger indication for reaching the entrance since it's not on the street ! Anyway, arriving there was the only problem I've got. Prices are a bit high, but yeah we are in Switzerland...

• 3rd Apr 2015

Very nice place, very cosy atmosphere, a tram ride from the train station, but you can walk with no problems. They give you the free pass to all transportation in the city (:

I just slept there, arriving almost at midnight and leaving at 8 in the morning, but I will for sure come back to this hostel!

Decent rooms. Good kitchen. Bit of a walk to the historic areas but they give you a free travel pass.

I got upgraded to a smaller room and ended up having it all to myself. The location of the hostel is interesting and can be confusing to find at night but there are good signs that are easy to see in daylight. I only had a short time and the staff helped me best utilize that time to see the most I could of Basel.

Me and my friend liked the hotel. We stayed the dorm room for 8 women, first we thought it's gonna be crowded but when we got there, it was like we have a room just for two of us. It was very comfortable. We saved our money, also there was no difference from room for 2. Because it is so close, With tram, we reached everywhere we want. I recommed every student who wants to go Basel.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Turkey

The staff were amazingly helpful and accommodating. The hostel itself is was in a easy location for transport and the decor was really cool. Would recommend to anyone.

Great stay! The room was very clean with nice fresh sheets. It was a little hard to find at first. You have to go down an alley (not a sketchy one thank goodness) since it's not right on the road. Close to the train station (Basel SBB) you can walk! The staff was super friendly and helpful especially to 4 girls who asked a lot of questions! Would definitely recommend!

Walking distance from Basel SBB. Directions on how to get there were very clear. No late check in so you need to let them know in advance. Instructions on how to get my key and how to get to my room were excellent.

Very clean, lovely showers!

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Wales

Very basic accommodations. Everything has a very relaxed feeling. Nice big lockers with a key for you to use, and the front desk will let you borrow a towel or a plug adapter or whatever you need. There's nothing fancy about this place, but I found everyone very friendly and helpful and I would stay here again!

Very good environment and the guy in reception he was very friendly and he helped me with everything! I fully recommend it!

Everything is good. Specialy free transport card is great to me.(but no one check the ticket) Linen has some spots, I think it's old but well cleaned.

Grüezi! This is a great place to stay overnight in Basel! It has all that we need! Good hostel!

Big rooms. Comfortable stay. Thiiiiiiiin pillows.

• 4th Jan 2015

Staff were excellent. Facilities are also very good. I would stay here again. Only negative is that the main city centre is on the other side of the train station and this hotel is one kilometre from the train station. 10-15 minute walk to old town.

1 2 Next » last »