9.2
Superb 766 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 766 Total Reviews
Bassetto Guesthouse Located at Via delle Città, 3, Certaldo, Florence.
Italy
Florence FI 50052 Via delle Città, 3, Certaldo
92% 766
43.5370403 11.0522630
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
18th Sep 2016

The Bassetto guesthouse was a wonderful relaxing place to stay. I've had many massages in my life and had one of the best here. I loved the hammocks and community room/kitchen. Kyle was very helpful and informative. This is a place to relax and recharge. Make sure you do the wine tour! That made my entire experience along with seeing Siena. Would highly recommend this place for someone wanting to enjoy Tuscany and all it has to offer. Also a very easy trip to Florence.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
16th Sep 2016

SUCH a beautiful hostel, and incredible retreat from city to city travelling. Although it rained for most of our stay, it was great to nestle into this farmhouse-style palace of warmth and charm. Wrought with character, every single person we met had such a great attitude and vibe, and was interested in creating a welcoming/social/inclusive environment. Close to town - quaint, but all you need, with a real gem of a guy at reception. Kyle - we love you! STAY HERE. You won't regret it.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
12th Sep 2016

I stayed in a single room at the guesthouse for 3 nights and i had the best time!! As a solo traveller wanting to see Tuscany it was absolutely perfect!! I did all the activities and events on offer and I would strongly recommend them all! Highlight was the cooking course with Mauro!! The staff were super friendly and very relaxed, and I met some nice people. It's a beautiful location and a great way to experience Tuscany!

9th Sep 2016

This place was pretty awesome and yeah, you'll want to stay longer. It's a refreshing break from the normal hostel/traveler rush. The cooking class was amazing and the atmosphere is very social and friendly. Day trips outside of Certaldo are easily done and I highly recommend going up to the old town on the hill because it's very scenic. It's definitely been one of my favorite places and I will go back someday :)

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we do highly agree about our old town as it can take your breath away

• England, Male, 25-30
30th Aug 2016

(Approx 1.15hr journey from Firenze S.M.N. Station) I stayed for 2 nights. The staff were very helpful. Laura was always offering lifts to points of interest. I noticed staff there would always go out of their way to help with any queries. There's LOADS of activities running organised by the guesthouse including wine tasting and a pasta making course. I didn't have chance to do the course, so, me and fellow lodgers decided to make our own in the communal kitchen! Bathrooms could be better.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
29th Aug 2016

Bassetto was my home away from home!! I booked four nights, and ended up staying nine! Such a beautiful and relaxing environment. Staff, guests and kittens provided excellent company. The swimming pool and hammocks are great too. very laidback and trusting place. I also got a wonderful 1.5 hour massage. The only downside is that the shuttle transfer and wine tours are a bit overpriced.

We thank you for the great review. I hope your further travels are amazing and we hope to see you again in the future

• Germany, Female, 25-30
29th Aug 2016

I really enjoyed my stay. Its a beautiful building with a familiar flavor. Perfect for relaxing and a time break of a bussy traveler life. Especially the wonderful garden and the close distance to siena, florence and Pisa is great. Because of the old house there is a little bit too less comfort and it seems to be a bit dusty. But I liked it

• England, Male, 25-30
28th Aug 2016

I would happily waste my life here, absolutely beautiful place!

• USA, Female, 18-24
26th Aug 2016
7.7

The atmosphere was so cool and relaxing! I really enjoyed the place but it was obviously very old and not very clean. There were quite a few bugs and the shower was pretty gross. I was there for one night only but I still really enjoyed it! The people we met and who worked there were really nice and the whole aura of the place was incredible. We bought dinner there for 15€ and it was amazing! Regardless of the slightly dirty conditions I still highly recommend it.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
23rd Aug 2016

Had such an amazing time here! Perfect for having a relaxing stay and meeting great people! Beautiful outdoor space to relax in! Good spot to do day trips to Pisa, Florence city, Sienna. Loved the pasta making class and group dinners! Can be annoying only having wifi outside and that dropping out here and there but it wasn't a deal breaker.