Superb 783 Total Reviews
Superb 783 Total Reviews
Bassetto Guesthouse Located at Via delle Città, 3, Certaldo, Florence.
Italy
Florence FI 50052 Via delle Città, 3, Certaldo
91% 783
43.5370403 11.0522630
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 31-40
29th Oct 2016

I had a single room in the offseason when the dorms are closed (thinking the dorms were fully booked, which was my mistake), but even though it was very quiet, there were only a handful of other travellers and most activities weren't on offer I still really enjoyed it. The place is awesome and in a great spot for cycling around the countryside (let me borrow bikes as well). Staff were very friendly and even gave me a lift out to the horse trail walk and back. Would love to come back in summer!

• vincentvanhessen1607
  • Netherlands, Male, 41+
  • Globetrotter
11th Oct 2016

In the words of Tina Turner; " You're simply the best. "

• England, Female, 18-24
29th Sep 2016

This place is by far my favourite hostel I have ever been too!! Such a beautiful area and great place to relax and unwind after doing big cities around Europe. Great social surrounding and the group of us there had so much fun drinking wine and exploring the grounds and cooked meals as a hostel every night. Loved it, even though it was cold at night. Can't wait to come back again in the summer!!

28th Sep 2016

First I will say that, though I gave a perfect score for Bassetto Guesthouse, it would be untrue to say that it was perfectly secure, perfectly clean, or had perfect facilities. It was however, a perfect place to stay for someone absolutely tired of city after city. It is an absolute refuge from the speed and chaos of ordinary travel. More than this, it was absolutely, quintessentially, Italian. If it were any different it would feel less authentic, and the experience less profound. Best hostel.

• England, Couple, 18-24
25th Sep 2016

Beautiful place to stay, perfect if you want a break from the city life, can get kind of creepy at night with all the old pictures hanging up and watch out for the mozzys! We were there for the closing dinner which was so fun, great atmosphere, lots of wine... Tom was nice :)

• Rickylampshade
  • USA, Male, 31-40
24th Sep 2016

Amazing amazing amazing. We were a short-lived family unit.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
19th Sep 2016

This place is fantastic to stay if you want to get away from the cities, discover Tuscany and just relax. Easy to meet people and a very comfortable, welcoming atmosphere. The only bad thing I'd say is that the place doesn't feel very clean and probably needs a bit of work done.

• USA, Female, 25-30
18th Sep 2016

The Bassetto guesthouse was a wonderful relaxing place to stay. I've had many massages in my life and had one of the best here. I loved the hammocks and community room/kitchen. Kyle was very helpful and informative. This is a place to relax and recharge. Make sure you do the wine tour! That made my entire experience along with seeing Siena. Would highly recommend this place for someone wanting to enjoy Tuscany and all it has to offer. Also a very easy trip to Florence.

17th Sep 2016

Loved it. A place for backpackers. A large equipped kitchen, spacious rooms, herb garden and benches outside, amazing people in the staff and the friendliest surrounding I ever witnessed in a hostel in Italy. As a solo traveler this place is amazing.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Sep 2016

I had the best time here (easily my favourite stop on my trip!), and I've been recommending staying here to everyone I meet. It's easy to go on day trips to Florence and Siena, or to check out Certaldo Alto, but it's also just somewhere to relax away from the bigger cities. The floor could do with a better clean. Definitely do the pasta course!! The 30 euros was so worth it for the delicious food and wine and I actually did learn a lot. Thanks so much Kyle and I'll be coming back for sure :)