9.6
Superb 607 Total Reviews
9.6
Superb 607 Total Reviews
Bassetto Guesthouse Located at Via delle Città, 3, Certaldo, Florence.
Italy
Florence FI 50052 Via delle Città, 3, Certaldo
96% 607
43.5368671 11.0521817
    Rooms available

22nd May 2016

Couldn't ask for a better place to stay. This is the best hostel environment I've seen, and I've been here multiple times something about it creates a sense of community unlike anywhere else. There are no locks or security lockers, but I never once felt like they were necessary.

22nd May 2016

This place is just amazing! I could've stayed here for a week. This place is what you want a hostel experience to be like. The setting and scenery are wonderful. Everyone staying at the hostel was great too. This place really has a community vibe. My first night the hostel had an organized dinner and the second the guests decided to do a pot luck dinner. Both nights we had about 20 people hanging out, eating, drinking wine, and talking as a group. Minor issues- hot water, kinda far to town.

• England, Male, 18-24
21st May 2016

Awesome place to stay! Beautiful medieval town with great views over the hills of Tuscany. Very nice hostel with great facilities and good atmosphere.

• USA, Male, 25-30
20th May 2016

Truly, the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Staff was OVER and above excellent. Atmosphere was second to none. Hadn't been in the hostel 5 minutes and was invited to 5 different things in Certaldo and elsewhere. Honestly, cannot recommend this hostel anymore. It was the perfect break from city hopping if you're doing a Euro tour, and just a quick train ride into Florence if you feel the need to see it. Again, this hostel is 100% worth it.

• Maldives, Male, 25-30
15th May 2016

It was an amazing place. Gosh it was magical. I loved it so much I extended my stay for additional 3 days. I wanted to go to Florence for my Bday but once I got to bassetto I wanted to stay there and celebrate my Bday there. Awesome staff, facilities and location.

14th May 2016

Excellent stay in Toscana. Couldn't ask for a better location. Dinner one of the nights was spectacular hosted by the staff at Tuscan Food and Wine and the guesthouse. My only recommendations for improvement would be to provide lockers for guest use and a wifi signal that reaches upstairs. I really enjoyed my stay and would certainly stay again on my next trip to Toscana!

11th May 2016

Most amazing hostel I've ever stayed in. The rooms were large and the vibe was truly authentic. The city is amazing and it's the perfect retreat to sort of relax and recharge. Made amazing friends and memories. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to relax and recharge. Will definitely come back!

• Netherlands, Female, 31-40
11th May 2016

Wonderful place to relax for a couple of days after all the sightseeing in Florence. The staff was very nice. Dinner in front of the fire place was great, so definitely sign up for one of the communal dinners (15 euros p.p,) if you have the chance.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
10th May 2016

Great stay exactly what I needed after Rome. No lock was the only negative and make sure you bring bug repellent. Situated half wayish between Florence and Siena made it ideal place. Thanks for the great time!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
10th May 2016

It's just like out of a movie in this beautiful town, Certaldo. The land looks exactly like the photos but better in real life. The location is easy to access from the train station, the local food is amazing and it's easy to get around on Bike. They provide you with a Map, bikes and plenty of suggestions. Staying in the lodge with other people was great! We all cooked and ate together. I would highly recommend coming here! As a solo traveler I felt welcome and it was safe!