Bassetto Guesthouse Reviews

Via delle Città, 3, Certaldo, Florence, Italy

as the site is about 700 years old, you cannot expect the perfect facility. however, the rest of them are perfect. i would like to being there for more time if i had time. you can take a rest there. not many people, local history, people are nice. but, supermarket or store don't open for a long time. i actually coudn't find any store open. Plus, the location is a bit far from the station so if you don't like to walk, I don't recommend.

We loved the place so much we extended our stay instead of going to Naples! It's probably the only hostel you'll find in the middle of nowhere that offers A LOT of activities. Plus, you can go to everywhere in Toscana from there. We were able to go to Pisa, San Gimignano, Siena and Florence (Okay, one thing to note, this place IS NOT the city of Florence, it's an hour away from that). It's so beautiful at night too. I have too many things to say about this place but they're all good!

It was my fisrt experience in a hostel and the made extremely comfortable, I can believe how easy was like to be in a small town and get to very important cities from there on a train... My only suggestion would be " Keep having Fun guys The Place Rocks".

• 29th May 2015

It's a bit out of the way if you're aiming for Florence but it is so worth it. The town is adorable: full of history and good views. The guest house is so unique and fun. The staff is fantastic.

Best hostel I have ever stayed at. located in the beating heart of Tuscany (I did day trips to Pisa, Lucca, sienna, San gemingano, and chertaldo alto) and is surrounded by vineyards and rolling hills as far as the eye can see. booked 2 nights, ended up staying 4! The staff is so warm and kind! I highly recommend the PASTA MAKING CLASS, the wine tasting, and the ghost tour !!Thank you Louis, ivan, Francesco, and Ivonne, I'll be back!😘 -Shai

• 25th May 2015

Dear Hostelworld: I actually did not stay here, please remove this review.

We had a great stay. Place is exactly as described. It's not in Florence, but is in the country which is exactly what I wanted. Really cool place, great staff. Would recommend.

Very nice hostal , I like it stuff are very friendly. Highly recommend to do the day tour trip there

this place is rad. such great atmosphere and the staff are so wonderful! they plan so many activities so you're never bored (do the wine tasting!!) and you meet the coolest people here! had the intentions of using this place as a base to visit Florence, however I never wanted to leave Certaldo.

Friendliest and most down to earth staff around. They truly make an effort to make everyone feel welcome. Make sure to have one of them take you on a tour of the underground tunnels ;) The wine tour is a must! This is fantastic getaway from a fast-paced city life. Thank you for making my time here memorable Luis and Ivan!

This place is great and bad. If you need some time for a bit of break from busy cities and have some calmness it would be good but if you are a budget traveler/city explorer, may not be a good option. The price doesn't include anything (breakfast, dinner, tax) but tea/coffee and it's far from everywhere + 25 min walk from the station. On the flip side, it can be strategic to some people. By train, it takes 40 mins to Siena, 1 hour each to Pisa and Florence. Staff, atmosphere are great though.

This is a really unique place. The staff are really down to earth and you can tell they actually care and want to get to know you. The hostel itself is awesome and a great getaway from city life. This hostel isn't in Florence! I spent a few nights in Florence and then came here to relax. Meeting people was pretty easy as well. It seemed liked a lot of day trips were doable from here too. Awesome staff, cool place, beautiful area.

Thanks a lot for your comments! We are glad that you really enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you mentioning our staff as our customer service is very important to us. I will pass on your comments to the team. We hope you all the best in your trip and welcome you again.

1. Be careful it's not in Florence! even though they has a name of Florence when you search 2. Do not go there in the night. 1) You could easily drop off at the wrong station based on the unreliability of the railway in Italy 2) It's impossible to find the way after you get off the station in night.

• 20th May 2015
  • China

Thanks for your review. We are located in Certaldo, as stated in the description, which is located in the Province of Florence. We will consider your comments so as to help our guests in the near future.

I loved the hostel. It was the perfect place to wind down and relax at. They had a pool and hammocks to chill in. Its in a small little town so you get away from the big city bustle, definitely take the time to see the village. I wouldn't recommend coming here if you have no intention on relaxing and want to go out and explore. Its a hour train ride from Florence, which isn't to bad but can cause inconvenience. There are no lockers for your belongings however security wasn't a big issue there.

Best location if you're looking to relax and see a quiet town in Tuscany. The walk from the train station was kind of rough with big bags but very worth it. We met some amazing people here and have awesome memories of the area. As far as securing you're valuables, you're options are to keep them with you or trust the other people in the hostel. Trust worked just fine for us though. Would stay here again if I was returning to the Tuscany area.

This hostel is a definite highlight for our trip. We were ecstatic about our stay. The staff were so helpful, the atmosphere was the best, and we had absolutely no complaints. Thank you for the stay!

We really enjoyed our stay at the guesthouse; it was a lovely place to be! If you're travelling for a long time, it's a good opportunity to sit back and enjoy the scenery, or to base yourself conveniently between Firenze and Siena. We stayed 7 nights, and so took full advantage. We were mainly on our own in the Villa, but felt a little uneasy about our valuables, as our room had no key, and no working lock to the bathroom which was shared with next door. Other than this, it was great!

Although an hour outside of Florence, a ticket to the city is only 6E, and the atmosphere in Certaldo is definetly worth the trip. It was very homey, the staff were absolutely lovely and the locals were very nice and patient as we tried to order from the Italien menu. Wonderful experience.

The staff was extremely welcoming! Our stay there was great. The location was easy to find as long as you followed the exact instructions. The rooms were nice and clean, as well as the rest of the facility.

Thank you so much for your comments! Hope you all the best in your trip. You are very welcome any time here in Bassetto.

Unbelievably amazing place to stay! The hostel itself was like a tourist attraction to explore. We stayed on the private guesthouse side which was beautiful and well kept. The location was equally beautiful; the view from our window was of the Tuscan countryside. We think this would be a great place for a wedding. Definitely hope to come back some time!

• 1st May 2015

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! Really nice to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks