Bassetto Guesthouse Reviews

Via delle Città, 3, Certaldo, Florence, Italy

One single beds no bunks! Spacious living and kitchen area. Free herb garden! Lovely for riding bikes in the mountains

Bassetto guesthouse is so magical as soon as you step foot at the doorstep you will feel welcomed. What an amazing feeling. The staffs have great attitude and really helpful.

This was probably my favourite hostel experience so far throughout Europe. I gave security a 3/5 because there were no locks on the doors, but ultimately it doesn't matter. The hostel is an old monastery located in a secluded location; there's no need to worry about theft or anything. Hostel is about a 25 min walk from train station. Staff are absolutely amazing, especially Ivan. They came and drank with us the first night. They made our stay there really enjoyable.

Loved staying here, in the villa. Beautiful old buildings and great facilities like the beautiful kitchen and library. Also a pool which is a bonus! Very friendly and helpful staff. Great little medieval village to explore within walking distance. Quite noisy at times from close train line and road.

I loved this place! It is far from Florence so I suggest staying for like 3 or 4 nights at least. That way you have time to relax and do multiple day trips not just to Florence. The staff is so friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was great! We all hung out together and drank wine and even looked at the haunted wine cellars under the place. It was so fun I'm glad I stayed here and would stay again.

Amazing hostel, like staying inside a history book, and so beautiful. Bring bug spray!

This was such an amazing hostel! The location is so classically Tuscan; beautiful hills and vineyards! The building itself is also lovely! The hostel organised some cool activities and the vibe was very communal and fun. I made some great friends here - definitely stay here if you get the chance!!

I only rate the security low because there were no keys to the buildings or lockers to put your stuff but the area was very remote so it's not too bad! Just need to be careful of bad roomies!! Excellent place to stay!! Great atmosphere! Great facilities! Just a cute little cottage in a small town with a great kitchen, refreshing pool and relaxing hammocks! It is a far walk from the train station! Also, I apologise but we climbed the fence to play with your dogs!! They were amazingly cute!

The staff here were wonderful. Very accomidating and friendly. We drank with them one night which was great! We did the pasta cooking class which was fun and yummy! My bed was comfy although the wifi didn't reach inside. The hammocks were just what we needed! I swum multiple times a day in the lovely pool!

The best time - we loved our stay at the guesthouse and wish we were there longer. Can only hope to come back here later in life! Staff were attentive and friendly and atmosphere was perfect. Lived cooking in the communal kitchen and exploring certaldo! Only one thing is bikes slightly expensive

If you're looking for a party place then DONT GO! If you're looking for a place with good internet then DONT GO! If you're looking for a place close by to Florence city itself then DEFINITELY DONT GO! it's far out of the way and when you do get there you have to walk another 30 minutes to get there. But...... If you like a relaxed atmosphere in a 1000 year old monastery away from the city and noise then I HIGHY RECOMMEND! If you like to see the real Tuscany then I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

If you're sick of crowds and need to recharge, whilst still being able to enjoy some chill day trips, this is the place for you. This hostel becomes home, and the other hostel-goers your family. Awsome staff. One side thing to note, they do say that it's haunted, so if that's a big issue for you then maybe just procede with caution. I had an amazing time and I totally recommend it.

- Directions in email are the long way, there's a shorter route from station - no keys, no lockers, minimal reception opening hours - staff lovely but way overworked - Bikes for hire expensive and not at all maintained - most listed activities not available - lovely place in old monastery, really good for chilling out, good common area, pool and surrounds - place has a certain charm, huge potential, in need of love Take mosquito repellent and coils etc!!!!

Only stayed one night at Bassetto Guesthouse and so sad that I didn't book an entire week! Three months into my trip it was the perfect detox... right in the heart of tuscany it felt like a rustic Italian getaway. I didn't do one of the organized tours but they looked really good! I spent my time here swimming in the pool, napping in the hammock and cooking dinner from the herb garden. Definitely something special going on.. would go back in a heartbeat!

The atmosphere can't be beat! I stayed two nights in a 4 bed dorm. There are no keys; nothing is locked, except the office. It was just a short walk into town, and the train station. They offer classes and tours. My only suggestion would be to email those signed up if a class isn't at its maximum and will be cancelled. I signed up for the cooking class, then went for a very nice drive to San Gimignano. I would have stayed out had I know it did not reach the minimum number. All in all, wonderful!

A great location to get around the area that people typically think of when visiting the "Tuscan" region. Security was nonexistent but also not necessary! It was in such a lovely little town on the outskirts and the staff had so many amazing activities ranging from cooking class and wine tours to horseback riding and cycling. I would definitely stay here again, my time here felt like a home and in the end I added an extra 2 nights to my stay.

- nice old stone house within the country-side - no air con -> mosquitos in summer - kitchen for common use - offer different activities - walking distance from station + center (20 min) - arrival at any time, check-in only mornings or evenings - pool and 2 hammocks, big garden/ free area around the house - wifi only around reception

Had a beautiful and relaxing stay at this gem of a hostel. Was great to see 'actual Italy' rather than cities overrun by tourists

I loved this place! The hostel was so homely which meant that everyone got to know each other well. I booked another night as soon as I got there. Great place to go if you just want to chill for a while. Have to warn you that the supermarket is 40mins walk away although you can borrow a bike. Come prepared with food :). If they offered a shuttle to the supermarket I think that would go down well! Also wifi only outside which would be fine if it wasn't for mosquitoes! Otherwise a lovely place!

Amazing hostel!! Beautiful location, a definite must

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7