Bassetto Guesthouse Reviews

Via delle Città, 3, Certaldo, Florence, Italy

We had a great stay. Place is exactly as described. It's not in Florence, but is in the country which is exactly what I wanted. Really cool place, great staff. Would recommend.

this place is rad. such great atmosphere and the staff are so wonderful! they plan so many activities so you're never bored (do the wine tasting!!) and you meet the coolest people here! had the intentions of using this place as a base to visit Florence, however I never wanted to leave Certaldo.

Friendliest and most down to earth staff around. They truly make an effort to make everyone feel welcome. Make sure to have one of them take you on a tour of the underground tunnels ;) The wine tour is a must! This is fantastic getaway from a fast-paced city life. Thank you for making my time here memorable Luis and Ivan!

This is a really unique place. The staff are really down to earth and you can tell they actually care and want to get to know you. The hostel itself is awesome and a great getaway from city life. This hostel isn't in Florence! I spent a few nights in Florence and then came here to relax. Meeting people was pretty easy as well. It seemed liked a lot of day trips were doable from here too. Awesome staff, cool place, beautiful area.

Thanks a lot for your comments! We are glad that you really enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you mentioning our staff as our customer service is very important to us. I will pass on your comments to the team. We hope you all the best in your trip and welcome you again.

1. Be careful it's not in Florence! even though they has a name of Florence when you search 2. Do not go there in the night. 1) You could easily drop off at the wrong station based on the unreliability of the railway in Italy 2) It's impossible to find the way after you get off the station in night.

• 20th May 2015
  • China

Thanks for your review. We are located in Certaldo, as stated in the description, which is located in the Province of Florence. We will consider your comments so as to help our guests in the near future.

This hostel is a definite highlight for our trip. We were ecstatic about our stay. The staff were so helpful, the atmosphere was the best, and we had absolutely no complaints. Thank you for the stay!

The staff was extremely welcoming! Our stay there was great. The location was easy to find as long as you followed the exact instructions. The rooms were nice and clean, as well as the rest of the facility.

Thank you so much for your comments! Hope you all the best in your trip. You are very welcome any time here in Bassetto.

Unbelievably amazing place to stay! The hostel itself was like a tourist attraction to explore. We stayed on the private guesthouse side which was beautiful and well kept. The location was equally beautiful; the view from our window was of the Tuscan countryside. We think this would be a great place for a wedding. Definitely hope to come back some time!

• 1st May 2015

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! Really nice to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks

Highly recommend as a relaxing, homely place to stay for 2-4 days if you're near Florence. Lovely rural converted monastery, with a sunny garden & hammocks (& a pool in summer!) Cosy farmhouse kitchen which creates a nice family atmosphere. Staff are particularly nice, & also organise excursions. Rooms basic, but single beds not bunks. Brisk 20 min walk from train station & town, 40+ mins each way to supermarket. Quiet but cute town. Have a massage with Tania the owner's wife, it's wonderful!

Thanks for your comments! We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay here in Bassetto! I will pass your comments to Tania. Thanks a lot! Ivonne& Luis

The bathroom could have a real door.. hahah Besides that, everything was perfect

This hostel is everything i could think about toscany! Its charming and warmfull. The staff is suuuuper nice and sweet so you cant ask them help with anything. The hostel is more like a farm house, its reallyyyyy cute, the best place to relax ! Its Well situated but far from the big supermarket.

• 27th Apr 2015

Bassetto is more of a perfect country home than a hostel. The caretakers for this season, Luis and Yvonne are the best, loveliest people ever. The facilities are great, they offer many tours, this is the best place I've stayed at, super relaxing. Would come back here every time.

Thanks a lot for taking your time to leave as a comment! It was a pleasure to share with you and chat. You are very welcome to come and visit us. Your comments really motivate us to go on working hard. Thanks a lot! Ivonne & Luis

Was a pleasant stay. Its not my first time at bassetto, and every time i come back here like to my italian home. Was glad to meet new managers from Argentina - Ivon and Luis, they are very helpful and nice. Thank you, guys! Buy the way..spring is beautiful in Tuscany, i do reccomend all the travellers to see it.

Thanks a lot for your comments! We really appreciate it.

Very nice atmosphere at Fattoria Bassetto, in the earth of Toscany you will stay in anancient convent completely refurbished and updates to nowdays, very fascinating! The view on green hills is great, they have free bike in house that one can use for excursions in the country side around. People are nice and welcoming!

• 13th Apr 2015

Thank you so much for your comments! Hope to see you back soon.

unbelievable place, felt as if i went back in time living in this monastery. Staff were so friendly and helpful and would definetly go back soon. Thanks again for a great experience.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Nice and peaceful place. Situated in between florence and siena (50 min. to florence and 35 to siena). Certaldo is a beatyful small town, that although offers whatever you need!

Incredible buildings with a story to boot. I'm not sure that being 2 minutes from the interstate passes as countryside, but I did find the place quite relaxing. I arrived late my first night so there was no staff around, but it worked itself out. Had a bit of a problem with mosquitoes the first night, but some incense took care of that. More suited for people traveling by car than backpack I think, but certainly a memorable place.

I loved this place! After coming from Florence, I felt myself relax instantly as soon as I boarded off the train. I savoured its peacefulness, remoteness (it's probably only about 20 mins walk...leasurely from the town centre), simpleness, security, and it's surroundings. I could've just stayed at the compound everyday, just lazying around because that's what the ambience was! Be free! Stop and breathe and just be still! I love it!!!

Very relaxing to get out of the city for a while. Whole place was filled with mosquitoes, had to wear bug spray inside.

Best hostel i have stayed at! Awesome place, a bit out of town but worth. Great atmosphere and staff. Definitely recommend it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7