Bastian Homestay

Superb 96 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 96 Total Reviews

15th Jun 2017

Prior to coming here, I was on holiday in Mumbai, and let me tell you, this homestay was like a breath of fresh air. From the moment I checked in, I was treated like a friend, not a guest. Breakfast is wonderful, the tours arranged are great value for money, and the accommodations are lovely. Strong AC, modern bathroom, clean, relaxed atmosphere, and located within walking distance to everything and anything you could want. not the best for solo backpackers or those wanting to mingle with others

• asheeshace724
  • India, Male, 31-40
24th Apr 2017
7.4

the best part of staying in this homestay is the wonderful and friendly hosts. the homestay is li'l inside from the main road but they have put proper markers to show the way to hostel. One can book tickets for Kathakalli dance performance and other excusrsions directly from the hostel and we found it very convinient and easy for us. Rooms are clean but li'l small but I think it's worth the money you have paid for. The rooms are quite but need to be non-smoking.

22nd Feb 2017

Amazing. Brilliant breakfast too.

• Maddy1601
  • Australia, Couple, 18-24
31st Jan 2017

We stayed in Bastian Homestay on our first night in India and we could not have asked for more :) We arrived at 8:30am after getting a prepaid cab from Cochin Airport and despite the early hour they let us into the room right away. The owners are lovely people, very happy to help with travel arrangements. The room was spotlessly clean, spatious and had a modern bathroom. I would definitely stay here again!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
7th Jan 2017

Fantastic homestay! Felt very welcome by friendly hosts straight away. Clean rooms with comfortable beds and nice shower. Gini is a very helpful lady who is happy to organise train tickets, day trips, bikes, massages etc. Amazing breakfast and very generous portions. Would definitely stay here again.

• England, Female, 25-30
6th Jan 2017

Very comfortable, clean Homestay. The family were brilliant in helping me recouperate my lost luggage - so I didn't need to stay in and wait for it and could go explore. They were very good at recommending hints to do and arranged taxi transfers for me when needed (to/from airport etc) The Kerala breakfast is a must - for 100INR it is delicious and very filling!