Bath Backpackers Reviews

Bath Backpackers, 13 Pierrepont Street, Bath, England

need to maintenances .and redecoration. disgusting toilets and bedroom.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

A fun and friendly hostel. The best atmosphere out of all the hostels I've stayed in in England. The staff are all very friendly and it was great to have a few drinks in the "fun-geon" with them.

It was a good place to stay. It was my first experience in a dormitory. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I liked the showers. It was very hot water, and kept neat. Some things that would have improve my experience 1. The toilet needed improvements. Toilet seat, exposed pipes needed some cleaning. 2. An information of parking facilities available around. 3. Please avoid using dark coloured linen for covers.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • India

Good environment. It was nice to get a wider age grouping than your usual hostel. The building was quite old, and therefore the facilities are quite old. Showers were clean, but the water was never warm or hot.

Pretty standard backpackers - comfy beds and decent facilities but a bit run down. On a busy street and a bit noisy from street noise. Good atmosphere in the dungeon common room and great showers. Had to give a bigger deposit because I didn't have my passport which always burns my ass - whatever the Ts &Cs of a hostel, a Brit doesn't need a passport to check into a hotel/hostel in Britain! Never mind, got the deposit back!

Overall, was a great place to stay. The staff were friendly. The bed was comfortable but could have used a new pillow as mine was super thin. The toilets and showers were kept neat and clean and there was good hot water. The dungeon area needed to be kept cleaner. Although, this is was more due to users leaving it untidy with drinks left lying around and alcohol spilt on the floor. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to others.

Had a wonderful week long stay! Lovely staff, the manager is a legend and guests and all so easy to get on with. Definitely coming back again next year :)

• 13th Jul 2015

The hostel has an amazing location and it isn't entirely a bad place, but i've stayed for the same price in much better places as regards facilities and staff attitude. Need plugs in every room, more toilets, kitchen accesible 24hrs...

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Good place to stay in Bath

Bring your own lock for the lockers! I had a nice stay here. It was perfectly adequate, and most of the staff were very friendly. There weren't many showers or toilets, but this won't be a problem if you wake up early. The room I stayed in didn't have any outlets - the staff already knew about this problem, but there was no mention of plans to remedy the situation. I think it's important that each room has at least one outlet.

I stayed in a 12 bed room, which had 6 small lockers, 2 of which were broken. You do the math. The doors had codes rather than keys, which sounds secure, but I bet they don't change them often. And the reception is often left locked and unattended while staff hangs out in the commom room. The doorbell for service gets rung constantly. The hostel was cleanish, and overall fine, but not great.

I stayed here for two nights last week and was impressed by how friendly the staff were. The place was great and tidy, had a fun atmosphere, and the location is fantastic. It is walking distance from pretty much everything in Bath, and the staff were more than willing to recommend the best places to visit! As well as this, they're fairly flexible with check out times. By far my best hostel experience!

• 30th Jun 2015

Loved my stay here! The staff are really helpful and friendly, comfy beds, good showers, kitchen has everything you need, I will definitely be back!

• 30th Jun 2015

Very central in Bath, short walk to the main square with the church and Roman Baths. Bed was clean but somebody shut the windows the first night and it got very hot. Small lockers in the room were good for valuables. Try to get onto the Wifi early because it slows down a lot when everyone comes back from their day out!

Enjoyed the stay and the Mad Max tours (recommended by the hostel staff) was great

Dirty floor, poor common room, 3 toilets for an entire building and 3 showers located in the basement... Apart from the location, nothing positive to say here. It's the worst hostel I've ever been to.

My stay there was okay. I didn't have any problem. The staff there is pretty attentive. The room is big and the bed is okay. I recommend it.

Pros: location and they waited for me at 1 am to do my check in Cons: a little bit old and dirty, 50% of the people staying at the hostel were actually from the staff but I never saw them working, just hanging out at the tiny common room (some of them screaming, singing, watching movies at their laptops without headphones, really annoying). When I tried to get advice on what to do in the city, nobody seemed to know because most of the staff are not from Bath. It was ok-ish.

Stayed for one night. Clean, tidy, bed for the night. I was on a stag do so all I can remember is checking in and leaving. Upon checking in I was informed I needed a £5 cash deposit - this should be mentioned before arrival as I was pushed for time and it meant I ran about another 20mins late. Otherwise, they kept me safe and out of the rain. I would stay again

• 20th Jun 2015

We were only there for the night and it did the job, nothing spectacular but we only needed a bed for the night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4