Bath Backpackers Reviews

Bath Backpackers, 13 Pierrepont Street, Bath, England

nothing to be complain. really quiet.

• 8th Feb 2016

Managers attitude was aggressive, I didn't have the correct ID. Hhe seemed to be unaware of his obligations under the equality act, 're reasonable adjustments. I am a vulnerable adult, he nearly turned me away, leaving me walking the streets ALL night! I have a reading age of 10 and was thus unable to read the conditions on the booking site! P.S. this form was filled in with the assistance of my carer

Horrible place, do not stay here. It is a joke to refer to this place as a hostel. Whilst the location is good, the rooms and common areas are filthy. It felt like I had paid to take up a room in a squatters house.

• 11th Jan 2016

The hostel has a very good position because is located in the town center. The staff is friendly and contributes creating a familiar atmosphere, especially if you're staying for a long time.

• 4th Jan 2016

Really friendly staff, fixed my booking mistake for free. thank you. Jan

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Slovakia

The location is near to the train and bus station and it is easy to get to the main tourist attractions from the hostel. The staffs were nice and helpful.

You get what you pay for at this hostel. I just wish it was somewhat cleaner because the bathrooms were filthy, and the common room was pretty dirty too. The bedroom was clean though. The staff were friendly and helpful. Not much in the way of socializing, but that was probably because of the time of year.

Bath backpackers was a terrific place to stay. We met new people, got great advice from the staff as well as the other travellers. Even though we had checked out, we were practically homeless the next day and had nowhere to go or stay, we came back to the hostel to use the wifi to look for tickets back home, cook a meal, etc and no one objected nor asked.

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Pakistan

Very nice, quiet hostel. I really enjoyed my stay.

• 20th Dec 2015
  • South Africa

Bath Backpackers was a decent and affordable place to stay for a few nights. The kitchen, bathroom and shower facilities were quite old and could have done with a more thorough cleaning. Just one request for staff: if a male member of staff is going to open the female dorm room door in order to show a new arrival their room, it would be appropriate for the male staff member to warn the occupants of the room instead of barging on in and then saying: "sorry girls ha ha ha".

• 20th Dec 2015

Best hostel in town ! I had a lot of fun in this really friendly hostel. Perfect if you're travelling alone, there's is always new people to meet in common areas and staff is really nice. Bedrooms and bathrooms are clean. In the very city center of Bath. Really cheap.

• 18th Dec 2015

I had a good time at the backpackers. Nice atmosphere and very hot showers. Great location too!!

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Latvia

Room was dirty with rubbish left behind. Needing didn't seem clean.

• 12th Dec 2015

The bedrooms, common areas and facilities very dirty as none clean that premises for weeks

• 4th Dec 2015

Just 3 very dirty showers at the lowerground floor for more than 50 people. Our room was at the third floor and there were just toilets at the first and second floor, extremely dirty, by the way. The kitchen and facilities at the common room were disgustingly dirty. Lack of room isolation. We booked the room for Saturday night and scaffolding workers started their work on Sunday at 8:00 am what was very anoying.

• 28th Nov 2015
  • Spain

The staffected at this hostel are wonderful. But the owner is an awful man that no one seems to get along with. He is very biased and really just not a nice person to be around. I would recommend staying at either the ymca or st. Christopher's before ever giving your business to this owner.

Very friendly staff. Bathrooms could have been cleaner. I'm surprised people don't use the "dungeon" (common area) more, because it's a great space. The location was walking distance from everywhere, and right beside some great cafés and a beautiful bridge with shops.

probably one of the worse hostels i've stayed in : dirty, old, unfriendly and unhelpful staff, no heater in the rooms, disgusting bathroom and especially toilets.

• 14th Nov 2015

I didnt feel that it was a good hostel, I didnt feel secure and I didnt feel that it was particularly clean. The kitchen was quite messy and not clean. The web page says it has hair driers but when we asked for one, they told us to ask a roommate if we could borrow theirs. They didnt give us towels or had maps. My room had several waer leaks, a broken window and no curtain. The toilet in my floor was disgusting, and they dont say but the showers are stalls. staff was kind,goo location and atmos

Didn't find the staff friendly or particularly competent.

• 12th Nov 2015