Bath YMCA

Fabulous 4324 Total Reviews
Fabulous 4324 Total Reviews

• England, All Female Group, 31-40
18th Feb 2017

Fantastic location , clean and comfortable . Ideal alternative to pricey hotel for groups of friends .

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the YMCA and hope to see you again if you are visiting Bath.

• Argentina, Female, 25-30
17th Feb 2017

It's a nice hostel, well located, they were quite generous to hold my luggage until the time I could check in and the day I left before my train arrived

Thank you for your positive feedback, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the YMCA and look forward to seeing you again if visiting Bath.

• England, Female, 31-40
15th Feb 2017

Bath is expensive to stay in, so the YMCA offers a cheaper alternative. I was really pleasantly surprised by how clean and modern the facilities were. The rooms were basic but clean and smart, the shared bathroom also looked newly fitted and was very clean. Breakfast included cereals, toast, yoghurt, fruit and coffee - plenty to fill up on. I stayed in a private room for 3, with my 2 young boys (aged 4 and 6) and it felt a very safe, quiet and convenient place to stay in central Bath.

• Portugal, Female, 18-24
13th Feb 2017

Everyone was kind and helpful. The location of the hostel was close to the places I needed to go and visit.

Thank you for your positive feedback, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the YMCA and look forward to seeing you again if you are visiting Bath.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
11th Feb 2017

Rooms and facilities were clean but looked a little out of date. In the early morning, the pipes in the walls made very loud noises. While I didn't mind too much, it may be frustrating for those for want uninterrupted sleep. There were also communal areas to socialise, eat and for kids to entertain themselves.

Many thanks for your comments. The pipes banging was probably air in the radiators, we would ask guests to inform reception if they have this issue, our maintenance team will then look into it.

10th Feb 2017
6.9

I picked an individual room and I ended up a bit disappointed about it. You cannot expect an amazing place for a budget hostel, but I hate the bed (a small one for a 1.90m man), not comfortable at all. Plus, my room was oriented to the street and I could hear noise and shouts outside until late. Moreover, Wifi didn't work in the room either. On the other hand, this hostel has two good things: one is a perfect location, right in the city center of Bath, and the breakfast, which is quite complete.

Many thanks for your comments. The room you had was what we class as I one bed dorm and was £11 cheaper on the night than our normal singles. The room is over the dormitory side and is used a lot for leaders of young groups. Our private single rooms are much larger with desk, wardrobe and chest of drawers.

• India, Male, 25-30
5th Feb 2017
6.3

Except cleaning every day in room all OK. No Mats in Bath rooms and conjucted rooms.

Many thanks for your comments. We don't clean private rooms every day, as for mats, they could be considered a health hazard and would be soaking wet very quickly as showers are used by a lot of guests.

• England, Male, 41+
4th Feb 2017

First stAy in a hostel - very pleasantly surprised. Bath YMCA is excellent. Had to. Change from first room which smelt of cigarettes. Second room was fine, similar to student halls. Only negative is hostelworld booking system which is a scam. When I changed my booking they did not credit my original deposit despite it being 'protected '. Have emailed but they don't bother to answer. Next time will book direct with the hostel which operate a separate booking system.

Many thanks for your comments. As with everywhere, smoking is banned inside the YMCA, we have also extended this to the grounds. I don't believe the smell was from someone breaking the smoking ban, more likely from someones clothing who has stayed. Hope you get some joy out of HostelWorld.

• England, Female, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017
7.7

It was fine for a hostel, good breakfast, clean rooms. However, it was so expensive! And the showers didn't really work/give hot water. If they charged less it would be fine, but for 65 pound for a double room, I expect a fully working shower.

Many thanks for your comments. At busy times the showers may just need a little time to reheat the water. Our charges are in line with what other hostels in the city charge.

• England, Female, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017
7.4

Nice clean hostel, I stayed in a private room with friends and it was clean and in a great locations. I wouldn't recommend to solo travelers though didn't seem to be a lot going on / didn't seem to be many other younger solo people there.

Many thanks for your comments. Except for maybe Saturdays, the hostel can be quite quiet at the beginning of February, but usually picks up quite rapidly later in that month and for the rest of the year.