Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

This was one of the BEST hostels I've ever stayed in. So much value for such a little price! Beds were spacious and comfy, staff were friendly, location was excellent, and breakfast was decent. I was very pleased with my experience!

• 20th Jul 2014

The room was very clean and the staff were very professional and so helpful. They were polite and accommodating and made the stay very enjoyable.

• 18th Jul 2014

It was very, very hot. They told me someone in my room must have turned off a small fan, but a single fan would not have been sufficient to cool the room. They were quite nice, but do not expect much from the breakfast. Also, I was given a torn piece of paper with my room code, which was odd. Over all generally clean, and the beds had a surprising privacy and comfort.

• 17th Jul 2014

Many thanks for your comments. We purchased some quite large fans for the dormitory to help keep it cool. The dorm codes are normally written on the guests reciept, unless it's a group of people checking in at different times, then we do whatever is fastest.

My first stay in Hostel for nearly 10 years - it was very positive and I will return!

• 17th Jul 2014

It's quite good. The dorms are crowded but big. In summer they can get a bit hot. The showers are not great. They're too small. I recommend it.

Off odours in the room (opening the window did not help)

• 15th Jul 2014

Very co nvenient place I will be back

• 14th Jul 2014

Very helpful staff. The guy in the front desk changed my 14 mixed room to an only female room that was barely empty, just because he had the room and I was a girl traveling by myself. He also printed my traveling voucher at no cost.

The staff were really helpful and it was great value for money. I really enjoyed my stay!

• 12th Jul 2014

Our beds still had the dirty sheets on them when we checked in. The hostel staff brought us sheets and we made our own beds. The hostel was extremely hot due to the weather but the staff/ hostel didn't offer any fans. The doors to the dorms are locked with a security code. This could be a security issue if they don't change the code. I still have the code memorized. My husband also could never find the male only bathroom.

There were flies everywhere.

• 11th Jul 2014

Flies always a problem wherever you go in the UK. It's a case of either keeping the windows shut which makes the room stifling hot, or opening the windows which lets them in. We do have fly killer at reception, but tend not to use it in rooms to often as some guests don't like it, it's also only a temporary fix for the ones in their and not the ones that may come in after.

Really great atmosphere. Amazing staff. Stayed twice now and will stay again next time in Bath

• 9th Jul 2014

A perfectly good place to spend a night or two - the room was nice, plenty big enough (private single room) and the shower/toilet facilities were clean and well maintained.

• 9th Jul 2014

If you want to have your things in a black bag at any moment because they decide to move you to a different location than its the right place to go.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

We only move guests items from anywhere if they are due to move. Due to a problem, we couldn't accommodate the four guests in the dorms the first night of there stay, we therefore moved them to a private room for THAT evening and they should have vacated the room the next day. Guests are also asked to leave keys for private rooms at reception, this did not happen, if it had then we would have checked they had cleared the room before they went off for the day.

The hostel was quite dirty and the showers were awful the water was either too hoot or too cold. Receptionist were quite rude and not friendly and helpful at all.

Pretty much what you'd expect from a big chain hostel. Facilities were clean and functioned well, plus free use of padlocks for lockers was great. Hardly any opportunities to socialise as there was no real common room. Wifi was only available in the lobby and even then it was atrocious.

Staff was great, courteous, and professional.stayed in 2 nights in 18bed room for $20 a night, but it smelled like feet, people snored, partying people outside noise kept everyone up all night, and tiny showers. kids upstairs stomping around all night and making noise. paper-thin walls.for my last night I upgraded to a single bedroom and was so much better, $50 a night, but worth it. the wifi is really bad/slow, and had to go to the library to check email.free breakfast is good!

Nestled in the beautiful Bath, this YMCA offers a great location and a free breakfast for an insanely cheap price. Unfortunately, it is also very loud nearly 24 hours a day. Several rugby and football teams prevented sleep for hours, children screamed and slammed doors all day long with no control from the staff.

Good easy place to stay in the middle if Bath

Intertnet needs improving.