Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

Thank you for a great time, it really is fun to stay at the YMCA! I'll definately come back and I'm so glad you are providing such a wonderful service.

• 11th Feb 2016

Location was great - it was an easy walk to get around. I think that anything negative about the atmosphere was just due to it being a quiet time of the year. Otherwise the staff were quite good and I felt comfortable being there

Great and kind staff. Thank you

There was no lock on the window which opened onto a flat roof. I didn't know who could access this but obviously the people on my landing could. I found it very hard to turn the shower off after I used it. Apart from that the room was a good size with plenty of cupboard and drawer space and a washbasin. Brilliant for a short stay.

• 6th Feb 2016

Very nice stay, thank you.

• 6th Feb 2016

Friendly and clean. Thanks for a great experience.

nice staff and environment. the location is right in the centre of the town so is really convenient. got a roommate that kept snoring heavily but it's really a typical dorm-type of thing. generally is a cozy place to stay.

• 5th Feb 2016
  • Hong Kong

This hostel is a bit different than any one I've stayed in before. The people here are very nice- some of the most friendly people I have met in all my travels! The building though is very old and rudimentary. It feels very sterile, almost like a mental hospital or something. If they updated the lighting and painted, it would make all the difference in the world! I also found it annoying you had to vacate the room by 10 even if you were staying another night because they "need to clean."

The YMCA seems to attract the more uneducated traveller. After being woken up at 1am by 2 girls packing and unpacking their suitcases for an hour, I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they must be catching an early train or bus, only to find them tucked up in bed at 6.30am when I had to get up. Poor nights sleep!

We had a great stay at the YMCA. The night receptionist had amazing advice on activities. Breakfast was awesome with plenty of options. Luggage storage is a bonus.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

We met great people and friendly staff who kindly assisted us during check in. Breakfast was free and this helped us save a lot of money.

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Singapore

I have hear of the title YMCA since I was very small drone the song YMCA, thinking it was mean to be a very an averase hostel, but turns out it is one of the best hostel I have ever experienced! The hostel is clean and organise, and the stuff were even more friendlier then I expected, I was there for two night, and it was only £33 + all you can eat breakfast, I mean what more do you want? This hostel is one of the best hostel ever!!

Upon our arrival, we were greeted in a most welcoming way. Steve was very friendly and helpful! The triple room was spacious and clean, but only one socket which is not enough. Breakfast had a good variety of cereals, muesli, toasts and fruit, however, coffee was bad. There's a lack of atmosphere with people running through the breakfast room, dropping their kids off at the nursery which felt like being at a train station or even a hospital.

• 11th Jan 2016

It's winter so I guess not a lot of backpackers travel at this time. You have to bring your own lock for security so it is alright. The Location is fairly nice since everything is in walkable distance. The staff errr, they will just walk into the room, turn on every possible existing light in the room and talk in the volume they desire. The water pressure is horrible, and the hostel smells like crap all the time. However you pretty much have nothing to pick from.

The mattress and pillow allowed a good night sleep. Getting in and out of a 3 story bunk takes some getting used to. Staff was nice. This place has longer term residents who are territorial with the common areas, but if you stay here you will understand why some hostels limit the length of stay to 7 or 14 nights. Breakfast is toast, choice of cereals, juice and yogurt, plus free coffee and tea. This is a YMCA with affordable lodging and free breakfast; not a hostel.

This hostel was definitely not one of the better hostels I have stayed at. It was kind of creepy, and I just didn't feel welcomed or comfortable while I was there. It is very close to the city so it was easy to get around. I only stayed at the hostel for 1 night but I made sure I was up and out to catch the first train out of Bath in the morning.

I stayed 2 nights in a mixed dorm. The 1st night Monday, the dorm was full of workers who came in late - after 11pm and got up from 5.30am making a lot of noise. The 2nd night was quieter. The bathrooms are communial and not gender specific so there is no privacy to get changed when you are in a mixed dorm and mixed bathroom. There was lots of beer cans in the toilets and dorm, would suggest the hostel only allows alcohol in common areas.

The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. The hostel felt very safe, all of which was appreciated as a lone female!

• 3rd Jan 2016

Many thanks for your comments and really glad you enjoyed your stay.

It has a good location, close to a lot of the cool sights (Roman Bath, Bath Abbey, etc). The 12 person room felt like you were packed in like sardines, and it was difficult to get in and out of the bunk beds, but they were clean. The atmosphere is pretty terrible, you have to know people there or be there with someone. This is not a hostel to mingle and get to know fellow travellers, but a fine one to sleep and shower in.

Seemed a bit expensive for the quality of the room but I guess it's just Bath prices. Room very basic and a little tatty. Fine for us though we just crashed and left early next day. Breakfast small but included

Many thanks for your comments. Bath is rather an expensive city for accommodation and our prices reflect the general price for accommodation in the city.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6