Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

Neing a coeliac, normally even hotels don't provide gluten free bread - imagine my absolutel delight when they offered me white or brown! Excellent service, friendly and efficient.

• 13th Dec 2014

We booked two private rooms with twin bed, the room was great but the only short coming is the room is not en-suite. In the middle of the night while we were sleeping, very loud noise can be heard from the corridor made by other occupants, maybe can improve on sound-proof facility :)

I didn't get bed sheets. I think you just forgot, and I didn't notice that I could get some. Just saw them on the bed of my room mate in the morning. We got only one key for the dorm. That's really bad. I don't mention it in the review because I trust you get that sorted very soon :)

Many thanks for your comments. The dorm in question is a two bed dorm and sheets are normally either handed out at reception or put in the room. Unfortunately we have had two keys taken and not returned by guests that have stayed, hence only one key. It may well be that for this particular room that we may have to take a deposit for the keys to ensure they are returned.

We really enjoyed our stay. Everything was more than adequate and the staff were very kind. thank you very much!

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Indonesia

We were thankfull to of found this accommodation. bath is so beautifull and central. There was no hassle in parking. Finding our way into town . the value for money was beyond excellent as breakfast was included. The option to pay for a cooked breakfast was appreciated. The continental breakfast was ample. we were warm and cosy on our stay. we would definitely return. The booking was also easy. a big plus. Thank you for making our stay so relaxed. sandra from devon

• 5th Dec 2014

Thank you for your comments, staff work hard to ensure guests enjoy their stay with us. We also agree that we offer good value for money in the centre of Bath amongst high priced hotels.

Quite disappointing, I couldn't connect on internet from my room. Apart from this it is a good place to stay.

Our internet is now accessible from anywhere on the ground floor, 1st floor and left hand side of 2nd floor.

Excellent location, though it is a little tricky to find from the Main Street. An easy walk from the train. Good basics breakfast, loved the free hot chocolate/coffee machine! It doesn't have a great deal of character but it's a good functional hostel with everything you need and efficient staff.

• 30th Nov 2014

Thank for your positive comments, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you, if visiting Bath again. Best wishes Bath YMCA

The location of this hostel was really good, very central and easy to get to all the tourist points around Bath. However, it is very much overpriced for what you get. I stayed in a twin bedroom room - the room had no finishing touches at all and was very run down (on moving the bed, the wallpaper was peeling etc.). The breakfast was ok but needed better maintained by staff i.e. ensuring there are bowls/plates, responding to customer requests and having cold milk (don't leave it out for so long!)

Thank you for your comments. Staff have checked the twin room you stayed in, as our rooms are painted they could not find any wall paper pealing off the walls - even behind the furniture. Pictures and room prices are shown on the website, we do not claim to be a hotel but a good quality hostel. In regards to the breakfast, the bowls/plates should replenished quickly, as we were fully booked this may have put additional pressure on staff which we apologise for.

Hostel itself is clean and in a central location. No one could find the free parking which the hostel claims exists on its web site and there didn't appear to be many spaces outside the hostel for over night parking. We ended up parking in Charlotte st a 10 min walk away which is £16 for 12 hours. I would suggest not driving to Bath if you can help it and finding parking alternatives to the ones the hostel mentions.

• 29th Nov 2014

Many thanks for your comments. The hotel doesn't claim free parking, the parking bit on the website is a link to various parking in the city. Charlotte Street car park states charges of £8.50 for 12hrs, this is because there is, as far as I'm aware, a nominal fee of £1 for overnight parking, thus, again as far as I'm aware, it's £9.50 for 24hrs.

Loved this hostel, so central, nice welcome on checking in. Breakfast included in price is a bargain and only £3.50 for a hot breakfast if desired. We had a double room and had all we needed. The bathroom was clean, showers a little lacking in power but hot and never had to queue. We parked at Charlotte Street car park for 2 nights £17.

• 28th Nov 2014

Many thanks for your positive comments, Staff work hard to ensure guests enjoy their stay. We look forward to seeing you if visiting Bath again. Have a great Christmas. Best wishes Bath YMCA

Had a great stay here in Bath! The beds in the dorm were comfortable, clean, and I particularly appreciated the curtains around the individual bunk beds. I thought the bottom 2 bunks could have had a bit more headroom though! Bathrooms were clean, breakfast much better than some hostels I've stayed in!

• 26th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

This place is really good. They even provide free tea and hot water. The wifi and breakfast are included, the wifi is super fast and you can access it from your room. They even have tv, microwave in the dining room and you can use them any time. The front door of the hostel is really nice. The room for 2 persons are spacious.

A bit expensive for a hostel like this

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Sweden

It would be great if they provide USB hubs for charging the phones :) but the two people dorm is quite nice.

The hostel is very clean and staffs are so helpful and friendly. It is a little bit difficult to find the hostel and if you access by the entrance on Walcot street, have to climb up a flight of stairs but bath is small so it is very easy to get anywhere from this hostel. I have spent one night in a single room, so quiet, breakfast included and free wifi accessible from my room. A great stay, definetely come back!

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Vietnam

Definitely stay here in Bath. The location is very easy to get anywhere, and is always staffed with friendly, helpful people. The bathrooms and dorms are nice, clean and spacious. I will stay again without question

the toilet is too dirty。。。

• 15th Nov 2014
  • China

The hostel was very dated. The room didn't appear to have been cleaned. On arrival there was no linen on the beds. On a positive note, the WIFI and location was excellent.

Many thanks for your comments. The room in question is classed as a two bed dorm, hence the price. We do not make dorm beds, but issue fresh sheets and pillow cases to guests on arrival, or put them in the dorm ready. It is possible with 200 beds in the building that occassional a room guests missed when cleaning, but we would urge our guests to inform reception of any problems as soon as they are aware, it would then most likely be possible to sort out any issues.

Bath YMCA is okay. But they have the best beds in town: curtains, as well as a personal light, outlet, and USB.

Could have been cleaner but for 10 blokes on a rugby weekend it was value for money. Lack of shower facilities on top floor a issue.

• 14th Nov 2014