Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

I just stayed one night so not sure about overall atmosphere but it is perfect location and lovely friendly staff, and great value. Only annoying thing was there were no plug sockets in our twin room so we couldn't charge our phones at night.

Stayed in a single room for one night. The room was clean, I just had to ask for sheets. Bathroom could have been a bit cleaner and might need some refurbishment. Breakfast was quite good, Toast, cereals. You have to leave ur key at the reception and just say ur room number to get it back, seems a bit unsafe to me.

Drunkards made imposible to sleep that night

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Great Place. Very clean and friendly staff!

• 17th Apr 2014

As there is a courtyard out the front there was a lot of noise from people drinking and being loud in the early hours of the morning on a weeknight. The security was questionable with staff asking us to leave the key at reception and then upon return staff simply handing the key over when u told them what number u were in when they had not come in contact with us before.

• 17th Apr 2014

Excellent location, breakfast provided, very clean. VERY noisy at night (both Sunday and Monday nights) with drunken youths shouting and singing outside my window and along the corridors. Staff didn't seem to do anything to intervene.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

I am a senior. Was on the third floor in a single room. I keep fit so stairs not a problem. Was asked if I was ok with luggage I said yes. Bath not flat Hostel about half way between the sights. Wait rose supermarket nearby. Can get hot water for drinks. . Don't use microwave at home but it was useful heated my milk for my milo and a chilled meal from wait rose room very nice showers very clean. Good value for money

• 13th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

only one socket in each room is clearly not enough...

Good value clean basic accommodation that is cheap. It was a suitable for us and the YMCA lived up to its reputation giving affordable accommodation to youths and families. It is great that there are family rooms and we don't all have to stay in dorms.

• 12th Apr 2014

During my stay, there were few groups of school children, hence through out the night I kept hearing door banging and kids shouting. Nonetheless, free standard breakfast was provided, Luggage storage after check-out is charged, £0.50 for small and £1 for big luggage. Staff are friendly.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

The staff were very friendly, the location was umatched, and the price was quite reasonable. Nobody was too noisy in the evening when we were there, and our room was very clean, though I never actually used any of the bathrooms during our one-night stay. The only drawback is that ID, or even names, were never requested to collect bags or room keys, despite in my case knowing the staff had never seen me before.

The staff was always available to answer questions. Everyone was friendly and eelcoming. The breakfast was good, and a microeave was available st all times.

• 10th Apr 2014

Only 1 complaint...the mattress springs made the bed very uncomfortable. Traded with my husband, mattress was a bit better Mattresses need to be replaced. Otherwise, loved staying at Bath YMCA hostel. Beautiful view from the room!

• Couple, 41+

Loud traffic/revellers outside at night may disturb some.

• 8th Apr 2014

Overall really impressed with YMCA Bath. It was extremely clean, welcoming, and an excellent location to explore Bath. The only unfortunate part was it was pretty close to a pub which is a local hot spot and there was plenty of noise in the streets at 1 am on a Tuesday. However if I hadn't forgotten earplugs this would not of been a problem. But overall great place and if I needed somewhere to stay in Bath again on a budget would check here first.

• 8th Apr 2014

Really good. One of the best places I ever stayed.

• India

The rwas comfortable and met our needs for the night, but the walls are very thin... I was woken up very early by the noise of people moving around in the rooms and corridor outside - doors slamming, cleaning equipment being moved around etc. A bit more sound insulation/ consideration of others needed.

• 5th Apr 2014

Safe and good value for money.

A pleasure to stay here, they made our trip effortless.

• 5th Apr 2014

Perfect accomodation, very central and extremeley clean !!! would use again and reccommend

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4