Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

Pros: My middle bed on a triple bunk was comfortable, the ladder to that bed was easy to climb, I used a great washer and dryer at a reasonable cost, the Internet connections were super fast, the free breakfast was delicious, and the dorm beds had privacy curtains. Cons: The ladder to the top bunk was painful to step on, several toilets were leaking but at least got fixed quickly, and the first floor bathroom was disgusting around check-out time. A few problems but still good overall.

Most of the staff was friendly and helpful. The price for a twin room with a shared bathroom seemed a little expensive. It was nice that there was breakfast included and laundry on site.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I've travelled extensively over 20+ years, and this is probably the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Sharing with homeless people is not my idea of a nice travel experience, this is more unemployed persons facility than backpacker hostel, which would have been nice to be aware of before booking my stay. Definitely stay elsewhere in Bath.

Good basic hostel

• 22nd Jul 2015

Besides a fact that on 3 floor there was no wifi (but there was a very good signal on the ground floor, so you could come and search in the internet everything you want) everything was just perfect! Many thanks to staff!

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Latvia

Great hostel experience. Loved the location and the breakfast. first level toilet facilities weren't very good and shower doors would be preferable instead of shower curtains.

Although under camera, still difficult to precious bikes outside . Coffee not good at all. staff helpful and comfortable beds

I like that there is a plug beside all the beds, it's really convenient to travelers, the staff in YMCA are nice. A good hostel to go!

• 20th Jul 2015
  • China

My family had a wonderful two nights at the YMCA.the rooms and interior decor were very warm and beautifully done.it was very good value for money and the convenience of location to all the sights in Bath was wonderful!

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Sri Lanka

Excellent location. Slightly concerned about the odd looking rough sleeping characters that appeared to have set up camp nearby who we heard shouting comments to lone females walking past in front of us. Bedding spotless, but the communal toilets had run out of toilet paper. Towels not provided so bring your own No plugs in rooms so the corridor was filled with people plugging their hairdryers into those in the corridor. Computers and wi fi available but neither were working.

• 18th Jul 2015

Good location next to city center. Need code to get in dorm room. Rooms and bathrooms were clean.

• 17th Jul 2015

Thank-you for a lovely stay. We enjoyed Bath immensely and the hostel was very friendly. They accommodated our need for luggage storage after check-out which was very helpful.

• 17th Jul 2015

Absolutely loved my stay here! Hands down my favourite hostel that I have stayed at - being a young, female travellor I felt safe the whole time, and the staff made me feel very welcome and happy. Really great value for money and cleanliness! Can't think of one single complaint - keep it up!

• 17th Jul 2015

Room a bit hot.. and be SO much better if matress was slightly better, made my back a little sore.

• 17th Jul 2015

The hostel was clean and in a good location. The included breakfast had a nice variety of foods and enjoyable. The faucet in the room dripped which needed to be taken care of for both the environmental and annoyance aspects. Overall, the YMCA was a great bargain for a stay in Bath.

• 12th Jul 2015

The YMCA was nice. There was noise outside the window in the evening, but I found it easy to sleep through. The breakfast was good. There seemed to be very little traffic in the halls, and I the bathroom was always empty. There was good internet included. The atmosphere was pretty good. Something that would make it a bit better is to have a floor-mat in the shower, and maybe a few more hooks in the shower stall.

• 11th Jul 2015

Great location and price, for good basic overnight accommodation. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• 11th Jul 2015

Staff were very helpful, room adequate except pillow, breakfast quite generous, everything seemed quite clean except the female bathrooms smelled strongly of urine and I found what looked like an insect nest on the wall of my room. Also as a solo female traveller I wish they had not put me in the room right next to the male showers. Not sure I would stay here alone again, there was a lot of noise late at night, but very close to everything in Bath and good price with no frills.

To tell you the truth : I love this youth hostel. Three different stays and never disappointed. Staff, people, facilities, location and atmosphere, everything's great. Thank you !

The Hostel's webpage is not the best.

• 6th Jul 2015