Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

The staff were very friendly, the location was umatched, and the price was quite reasonable. Nobody was too noisy in the evening when we were there, and our room was very clean, though I never actually used any of the bathrooms during our one-night stay. The only drawback is that ID, or even names, were never requested to collect bags or room keys, despite in my case knowing the staff had never seen me before.

Loud traffic/revellers outside at night may disturb some.

• 8th Apr 2014

Overall really impressed with YMCA Bath. It was extremely clean, welcoming, and an excellent location to explore Bath. The only unfortunate part was it was pretty close to a pub which is a local hot spot and there was plenty of noise in the streets at 1 am on a Tuesday. However if I hadn't forgotten earplugs this would not of been a problem. But overall great place and if I needed somewhere to stay in Bath again on a budget would check here first.

• 8th Apr 2014

Really good. One of the best places I ever stayed.

• India

The rwas comfortable and met our needs for the night, but the walls are very thin... I was woken up very early by the noise of people moving around in the rooms and corridor outside - doors slamming, cleaning equipment being moved around etc. A bit more sound insulation/ consideration of others needed.

• 5th Apr 2014

Safe and good value for money.

A pleasure to stay here, they made our trip effortless.

• 5th Apr 2014

Perfect accomodation, very central and extremeley clean !!! would use again and reccommend

• 5th Apr 2014

Enjoyed our stay, good value for the area. Not too keen on not being allowed to keep our own key. It meant several times we had to wait for 10 minutes while other guests checked in, or while the only member of staff took bookings over the phone. No complaints though, and breakfast was great for free.

• 4th Apr 2014

This was my first stay and I was very impressed. I will book again in the future recommend. The staff were very professional and helpful. A great location too.

• 4th Apr 2014

Generally very nice and adequate for our needs. 2 issues though. One socket in each room so bring a multiply gig you need more than one electrical at a time. Wifi is advertised yes, but is so slow. I tried to bet on Paddy Power for the Grand National and would have been quicker going to Ireland from Bath to place my bet directly. 1 and a half hours and other customers were complaining too so it wasn't just me.

• 4th Apr 2014

Many thanks for your comments. We do take a refundable deposit for multiple adaptors, unfortunately our supply seems to have dissapeared so need to get some more in. As for the WIFI, we have been trying to get fibre optic broadband, unfortunately I believe the council blocked it at some point as we need something on the room and because we are a heritage city they were against it. I believe though that we will have it at some point. It affects not only the guests, but us as a an online business.

Would have been nice to have towels provided - the rooms are not exactly dirt cheap.

• 4th Apr 2014

Many thanks for your comments. Places that provide towels will have encorporated this in their price, we would do the same. We prefer to not charge guests for something they may well already have brought with them. The charge levied on the towels is for washing and replacing ones that have been taken which is someone in the region of 100 to 150 per year. The price may seem steep, but it reflects the prices in Bath.

Have lived, worked and stayed in many hostels in the UK and Europe, was extremely pleased when I needed a few nights here between moving houses. Had trouble with noise on the first night, which was very quickly dealt with by moving my room to a quiter area. Very clean, staff were extremely accommodating. Would certainly recommend to others.

There were some minor defects in a shower facility (near the dormitory 2). One of the shower tubes did not work properly, spraying water all around. Also, the water was rather cold in that particular shower. But this was the only fault I saw.

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Ukraine

The single room was large and clean. The staff were friendly and efficient and it's ideally situated in Bath city centre. For me though it was just too busy - there were so many people staying there that it was impossible to relax and the free wi-fi was incredibly slow because of the sheer volume of people logged into it. Personally I'd much rather a smaller hostel with more of an atmosphere. I felt that it is tailored more towards bigger groups than independent travelers.

Central location, value for money, friendly staff, really good to stay there. Would easily go back.

I felt like the room wasn't tidied for my arrival, the bed was messy and clearly someone has been sleeping on it. Also there was some left over rubbish in my room but I wasn't too bothered about the whole situation so I did not tell the staff.

Our sincerest apologies about your room. We do room checks most days after cleaning, but on the odd occassions it is not possible. We would however ask guests to see reception staff if their is any problem with their room, it may well be that we can either give them a different room or sort out the room they have been allocated.

The location is great, the staff was helpful and the room was clean. I had a very nice stay.

Good location, free breakfast, quite clean, friendly staff.

The hostel is clean and comfortable, in a great central location and excellent value for money. The staff are friendly and helpful. The only problem is some of the customers, returning late at night drunk from the clubs and waking everyone up as they return noisily to their rooms!

• 1st Mar 2014