Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

The Pro's: Comfortable bed Good location Decent breakfast (included) The Cons: Extremely noisy (admittedly I stayed on a Friday) outside so dont expect a good nights sleep Staff were not in a great hurry to serve me and made me wait while they finished a private conversation Although I'm sympathetic to the cause, there were several homeless people just outside the main entrance, and dominated our view from our dorm window. Doesnt make the area seem safe, particularly for children

Many thanks for your comments. Having viewed cctv of arrival it appears you arrived just as a shift was changing. It's necessary for reception staff to pass on various information to the staff member taking over, it's also necessary for the next staff member to log onto the system, this is why it took 6 minutes to process you in and take a card payment. As for the homeless, they were not on our property so we can only call the police which would take hours for them to come on a Friday.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. A nice value stay

• 22nd Jun 2015

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay.

Great place if you are looking for a cheap easy, central location.

• 21st Jun 2015

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay

Had a great experience at YMCA Bath. Lovely facility, and the dorm room was spacey, clean, and had all I needed. I appreciated the curtains around each bed for privacy and blockage of light and noise. Great experience, and I was very content with the price!

• 21st Jun 2015

Many thanks for your comments and very glad you enjoyed your stay.

Insufficient lockers in the room. No elevator attached in the building. Perhaps there will be a walking map provided on the website. The stay was okay.

Great hostel!

Many thanks for your comment and glad you enjoyed your stay.

Really enjoyed my stay! Staff were very helpful. Breakfast were good, bathrooms very clean. Room was spacious. Great value for money! :). Would stay again!

• 18th Jun 2015

Many thanks for your comments and really glad you enjoyed your stay.

Our second visit and definitely not our last. The location is perfect. Staff very welcoming and excellent value for money

Many thanks for your comments and so glad you enjoyed your stay again. Look forward to seeing you in the future.

The hostel is nice, friendly and centrally locaed. The only negative thing was noise. The wals are thin and there is no double glazing on the windows so - despite wearing earplugs - I was woken by people talking in the courtyard below and then by my neighbour talking really loudly at 4am.. Otherwise, great.

• 17th Jun 2015

Many thanks for your comments and our apologies about the noise. By and large most people know how to behave when staying in hostels or hotels, unfortunately that still leave an element that don't. We would urge guests to make reception aware of any noise issues and then they can be sorted.

Not that many people staying. Those who were staying were very loud. Staff was friendly and gave us another room further away from them. Creaky beds. Showers + toilets were clean. Breakfast was OK. Location good.

Clean and quiet. Friendly staff. Bedroom walls a bit bare - could commission artists/young arts volunteers? Location great - anywhere else i would've felt £50/night for a small room as expensive.

• 16th Jun 2015

I stayed in a single private room for 4 nights while I did some freelance work in Bath. Pros: Clean Room, Comfy Bed, Excellent Location, Staffed 24 hrs, great view from room. Cons: Lax security (Anyone could go to the desk and ask for a key and they would just hand it over - without any proof that was your room.), Only 1 plug socket in room, showers had very low pressure when even slightly warm. Overall 3.5 / 5

• 16th Jun 2015

Many thanks for your comments. Multiple sockets are available for a refundable deposit from reception. As for keys, staff are asked to check guests names before handing keys out, that being said, I have been here 15yrs and there has never been a theft from a private room. A thief would not enter our building and ask for a key to a room that he/she didn't know was occupied, two reasons being that they wouldn't know if we knew the guest and there is cctv throughout the building.

Breakfast was mediocre, but loved that each bunk had a plug and light. :)

Many thanks for your comments. We have added a few items to the breakfast over the past few years, but it does, like everything in life, have to run to a budget. We tend to have more good comments than bad comments about breakfasts and so feel we have it about right on the cost the budget will allow.

Nice convenient hostel. Was in an 18-bed room as a solo traveller and felt same/comfortable. Couldn't find the pillow cases, but loved that there was an outlet by each bed as well as curtains.

Thank you, everything was nice and easy. All clean, better than expected.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay.

We were very pleased with the staff. Also, we liked our sleeping setup.

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay.

This hostel was awesome!!! The dorms were great. My friend and I stayed in an all female dorm, and the room was so cool. Triple bunks with colorful curtains and personal charging docks. The room was spacious and open, and there were wonderfully large open windows looking out onto the street. The staff was kind, the environment fun and safe, and the place was very clean. There were more than enough showers and toilets. And the location was perfect. I highly recommend staying here!

I had a great stay at YMCA. Brilliant location- so central. lovely facilities. really enhanced my stay.

We are really glad you enjoyed your stay.

It was fun to stay at the YMCA!! Really good location only a quick walk to the centre of town. Clean showers and toilets. Only bad thing was there was a young school group staying there and they were loud the entire time. But it's the YMCA so whatever, could have been worse. Great breakfast with fresh fruit. Would stay again :)

Bathroom, kitchen and dorm facilities clean and tidy. Breakfast was great value for money - cereal, fruit, toast, tea/coffee (coffee machine not great though...) - Good hostel, great value for money.

• 8th Jun 2015

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay. As for the coffee, we don't seem to get many complaints, but I personally don't think it is as good as the coffee we used to have. Maybe it's time for us to do a survey and find out what the majority of guests think of it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5