Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

The hostel is clean and comfortable, in a great central location and excellent value for money. The staff are friendly and helpful. The only problem is some of the customers, returning late at night drunk from the clubs and waking everyone up as they return noisily to their rooms!

• 1st Mar 2014

Thanks for a nice stay!

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Austria

This was a good hostel. Clean enough and I enjoyed my stay even more due to going in the off season with few guests. You can see the improvements that they're making to the up-keep of the rooms (individual bed lights were being installed as I left). I'm still yet to see a hostel with enough hooks in the showers and I got the feeling that the staff at reception were volunteers (their information regarding cafés with wifi for eg could've been a bit more informative). I would stay there again.

Great hostel (much better than others I've been to), especially loved the breakfast – much more choice than I expected – keep up the good work! Will definitely recommend. :)

• 9th Feb 2014

Fantastic location for a hostel, although was a little hard to locate at first. Staff friendly, good value for money with breakfast included in the price.

• 3rd Feb 2014

Great hostel: friendly and helpful staff, good facilities and clean rooms. Great location in the centre of Bath. Only dislike was the wiifi was not great.

Many thanks for your comments. We have been trying for over two years now to have fibre optic installed and hopefully will succeed at some point in the future.

It's very important to have wifi Connection in places like YMCA and it's unbelieveable you don't have it. When you have big groups staying you don't care about the rest of the customers. Normaly they are very noisy and use to enter in the wrong toilettes. Sometimes it's imposible to have the breakfast in the restaurant because it is croases.

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Spain

Many thanks for your comments. We do have wifi, a notice is on the reception desk about it and it's totally free, you won't however get it in the rooms. As for groups, we do ask them to be as quiet as possible and respect other guests, unfortunately it doesn't always work. We would ask any guests getting problems with noise, whether from groups or individuals, to report it to reception who will do their best to resolve the matter.

Had a great stay here. The only small issue we had was that there was a University Rowing Club staying for the weekend and they were having some sort of drinks based initiation which meant that it was noisy into the early hours. Not the fault of the hostel though.

Clean, great location. No hostel atmosphere, it's a YMCA.

Really good value for location, everything we needed and the staff were excellent.

• 21st Dec 2013

I enjoyed my stay. I was staying in a large dorm, but because it's winter and the off-peak season for travel, I only shared my dorm with 1-2 people. The Internet access was only limited to the lobby and every hour I had to print out a new code, which is annoying, because I sometimes spend several hours on the Internet. There's free (continental) breakfast, with cooked breakfast available for purchase on weekends only; I wanted to get cooked breakfast but couldn't on weekdays.

I think you may have been given some miss information about the internet vouchers. They used to last for one hour, but we changed it, they now last for 24hrs from the time you log on.

Twelve day stay and room not serviced even once, not even bedding change. Windows and frames dirty. Only one socket. Light dim, some people used shower room but there was only one sink. For the price surprised that towels weren't included. Gym classes started before 0700 and the booming music could be heard on the first floor. Cooked breakfast option is only available at the weekends. Cleanliness overall could be improved, superficial mostly, it might be improved by using paid staff residen

Fresh linen is provided on a monday for long term guests. We don't service the rooms unless requested, as can be found in the YMCA booklet in the room, the reason being that in our experience most guests prefer us NOT to go into their rooms. If guests have a problem with a room or anything, they only have to see reception who will do their utmost to sort it. We stopped cooked breakfasts through the week as they weren't cost effective, but there are loads of places nearby that do it.

Great location!

• 19th Dec 2013

There are several reasons I regret to choose to staty in YMCA. First, you cannot get any travel information from YMCA. There is no information for tourists. Second, bad showeroom. I cannot control the water temperature. It will be extremely hot, and become extremely cold. It was absolutely aweful. If I want to vist Bath, and there is only Bath YMCA availabe, then I will chose not to go to Bath again.

Unsure what travel information was required, bus? trains? tours? We don't keep bus time tables as they change so often, so we view them online, the same with trains. As for tours, there are plenty of leaflets on Stonehenge and the Cotswold. If guests ask then we are more than willing to help, and of course, there is also free use of internet and terminals.

Very nicely surprised that a large facility could be modern, clean and have great facilities. I arrived on a quiet night and had lots of room. The rooms have beds with own reading light and curtains which is very much a rarity. It's not what I would call a party hostel, but if you are willing to make your noises elsewhere and then come back for a good nights sleep, then this is by far the best option. I have stayed in all the hostels in Bath Spa and this is first choice by a long way.

The hostel was clean, the staff was helpful and it's very close to the centre. Good value for money. I liked it and I'd come back.

• 16th Dec 2013
  • Spain

The staff were very approachable and the room was very clean and comfortable. The showers and toilets were very clean too which was great as they were shared. The location if this hostel is brilliant - right in the centre of the city.

• 14th Dec 2013

This was situated in a great central location for visiting the Christmas market!

• 7th Dec 2013

A group of 6 of us stayed here for a Saturday night in Bath. The hostel rooms are spotlessly clean, and the beds were comfortable and sheets very clean. The toilet and shower facilities are also very clean. There was a sink our bedroom which was great. This is not a party hostel, but the location is really central and for one/ two nights it's a very affordable clean, quiet option.

• 7th Dec 2013

Very pleasant and attentive staff, great location, clean facilities. Would stay here again.

• 28th Nov 2013