Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

Good location and friendly staff, but the facilities are not great. The girls' showers are super small (and I'm a fairly small person), the beds not very comfortable, and at least outside my window I can hear a bunch of drunks causing a racket from 1-3am on both nights I was there.,

Many thanks for your comments. We can't unfortunately do anything about the drunks on the streets of Bath and noise can be a problem in most areas of the city, especially on a Friday or Saturday night. I will get the maintenance men to take a look at the mattresses in this particular room, perhaps they need changing. As for the showers, most people appear to be fine with them as we get very few complaints about them.

Perfect location in Bath. Great price and breakfast included. Room had a bit of dust in the corners and on the bed lamp shelves, but the bedding was perfectly clean. Beware the sadist showers that require a button to be held down to operate. Would stay here again or recommend to others.

Stayed at the front side of the building on a saturday night and went to bed at midnight then woke up by the noise of a group of teenager (talking, screaming out loud) who back to their rooms for half an hour then they left (we did ask them twice to respect people who were sleeping). Later on we went down to talk to a guy at the lobby to take care of this problem. But it did happen again at the main entrance/réception area that they let people talking out loud until 5:30am that we could sleep!!!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Thailand

NEEDS to be revamped. Bad atmosphere. But bathroom was cleaned. Breakfast was simple but it had fruits.

Considerando lo caro que es uk no es malo, pero comparado con el resto de Europa es algo regular.

there was a lot of spider at toilet. If WiFi service reaching every room is more convenient for the customer. Single seat sofa might be damaged, sitting on it and then falling into it.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great hostel, great location. Only negative is the noise! They have a sort of games room downstairs where they allow guests to make as much noise as they like until 1am, every night!

I was made welcome. The room was a single, light, airy, comfortable. Showers and toilet clean and ample. Staff friendly and helpful. Location, minutes from the Parade in easy walking distance of everything of interest. Waitrose supermarket 2 minutes away. Half the price of like, local accommodation. computers with internet in reception x3. Lovelt substantial buffet breakfast 6.30am - 10am. Would stay again. ty all. Greatly apreciated.

• 28th Aug 2014

Helpful & polite staff, clean rooms & facilities. Stayed in a private twin room, had its own little sink which was handy. Internet access only available downstairs. Would recommend if you are planning on staying in bath, was able to walk everywhere. No complaints.

I would deffo go back

• 24th Aug 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, the hostel was very clean and quiet, my room was lovely, the staff very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast generous. The only thing I would have liked was an outdoor space to dry washing. Also the ironing boards were very stained/dirty I'd definitely stay again...thank-you!

• 24th Aug 2014

Everything was ok! The localization is excellent.

• 24th Aug 2014

Excellent staff and great location!

Clean and well located hostel close to everything worth seeing in Bath. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Bathrooms were clean and was happy that my single room had a sink in it! Would not hesitate staying here again.

Very good!

• 22nd Aug 2014

VEry helpfull and suportive stuff, very good bed for the price class, nice atmosphere in the house.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Everything was great, except for the almost unusable internet. Very very slow, both WIFI and the computers in the lobby.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Hostel is in a very position. It is clean and room (we had private room) was comfortable. We have a very big concern about facilities, washing machine was not available in the hostel, this kind of service should be always available.

• 20th Aug 2014

Great location in Bath, near to the city centre and the rail station. Breakfast included with the room, which was fine. I would stay there again. The most surprising thing to me was how quiet it was. This was a definite PLUS.

• 20th Aug 2014

Loved our little room with a view. Decent breakfast