Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

If you want to have your things in a black bag at any moment because they decide to move you to a different location than its the right place to go.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

We only move guests items from anywhere if they are due to move. Due to a problem, we couldn't accommodate the four guests in the dorms the first night of there stay, we therefore moved them to a private room for THAT evening and they should have vacated the room the next day. Guests are also asked to leave keys for private rooms at reception, this did not happen, if it had then we would have checked they had cleared the room before they went off for the day.

The hostel was quite dirty and the showers were awful the water was either too hoot or too cold. Receptionist were quite rude and not friendly and helpful at all.

Pretty much what you'd expect from a big chain hostel. Facilities were clean and functioned well, plus free use of padlocks for lockers was great. Hardly any opportunities to socialise as there was no real common room. Wifi was only available in the lobby and even then it was atrocious.

Staff was great, courteous, and professional.stayed in 2 nights in 18bed room for $20 a night, but it smelled like feet, people snored, partying people outside noise kept everyone up all night, and tiny showers. kids upstairs stomping around all night and making noise. paper-thin walls.for my last night I upgraded to a single bedroom and was so much better, $50 a night, but worth it. the wifi is really bad/slow, and had to go to the library to check email.free breakfast is good!

Nestled in the beautiful Bath, this YMCA offers a great location and a free breakfast for an insanely cheap price. Unfortunately, it is also very loud nearly 24 hours a day. Several rugby and football teams prevented sleep for hours, children screamed and slammed doors all day long with no control from the staff.

Good easy place to stay in the middle if Bath

Intertnet needs improving.

• 30th Jun 2014

breakfast good thank you.

I had a great night's sleep after a big day out in Bath. I would definitely stay here again.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Wales

Great location, right in the centre of Bath and very easy to find. Great breakfast selection. I had a 2 bed female dorm and it was a good size with individual lockers in the room which was very convenient. The staff at the reception were extremely helpful and friendly and made my stay very nice. The location can be a little noisy at night but that's the flip side of it being central and if we shut the windows in the dorm we could barely hear it so it worked for me.

Has a motorbike park 1 block away. Common 'room' looks like a waiting area. You must wear shoes. Triple bunks but with individual power outlets and curtains. No guest kitchen. Breakfast is fantastic.

Many thanks for your comments. We do have guests that bring their motorbikes and put them in the courtyard, as long as there aren't to many then that is fine. It does mean however that they push them for a few yards up the pavement and in through the gate entrance which is locked around 10pm each evening.

The 'fresh' linen given to me by reception had blood stains, and the blanket on the bed had a big caked on chunky mass on it. The curtains around the bed had blackened marks all over them and the whole place really had a weird smell to it. The bathrooms were on a different floor and were pretty awful. No wifi, but the Wagamama's nearby had free wifi via The_Cloud. I would not recommend.

There were 4 empty beds in the dorm in question, we would have thought a word with reception and using another bed would have been the best option. Our linen is outsourced and brought into us and we have not had any problems that we have been made aware of. As for the showers and toilets, they are cleaned daily between 10am and 12 noon, so any mess in the showers is from ouside these times. Female showers and toilets are outside the female dorm on 2nd floor. We have wifi in reception.

No plug socket in the room! Unbelievable in today's modern society. Had to choose between running out of battery or leaving phone in the corridor overnight. Luckily option 2 worked out fine, but still not great as only one of us could use it. Other than that, nice cheap hostel and very clean!

Many thanks for your comments. There are plug sockets in all private rooms, some of them are obscured by the curtains. We had put notes in all rooms stating this, but some of them may have been tucked away somewhere by other guests.

Unfortunately our room smelled due to a smelly carpet

• 21st Jun 2014

I only stayed for one night and had to leave before breakfast was served, so I can't tell much about the atmosphere. My room was well-equipped and clean, however, I had no internet connection in my room. In general, everything was old, especially the shared bathroom.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

We were in Bath for a family wedding and it could not have been more convenient or accommodating for four of us who came and went at different times during the entire weekend. Would certainly return. Thanks team.

• 20th Jun 2014

Nice hostel, had a great stay. Well located, clean and staff was friendly and helpful. Beware of their wifi which ended up being horrible.

Since Bathe is a more expensive city I was glad to find this reasonably priced hostel. It was very clean and the staff were very nice. I would use it again. 52 year old woman traveling with my 2 young adult daughters.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was nice. Some reviews mention no plug sockets but there was one. Bathrooms were clean. The only problem was the noise at night. We had hoped that as we were in a private room and not near the dorms that it'd be quieter, particularly as an 11pm curfew was mentioned, but there was lots of noise outside the hostel and from local pubs through the night so it was hard to sleep. It was a weekend during the World Cup so it might be better normally.

Good location, lots of people around and I wasn't sure if they were with the YMCA or simply hanging out in the courtyard. Hardest part was my room was not sound proof in the least so you could hear people talking all night, especially with the world cup on. Shower system also could not handle large groups of people. Lots of bread, fruit, cerial, yoghurt. Staff friendly.