Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

Bath YMCA, is located in a great part of Bath but it can be a bit hard to find. The room was OK, I would suggest bringing your own blanket as the one provided was not very clean looking. Otherwise, it was a good experience.

Staff were very friendly, the rooms were sizeable and clean and came with extra pillows. Bathrooms were very decent and the free breakfast was good.

• 11th Nov 2014

Thank you for your positive comments, staff take pride in offering a warm friendly welcome. We look forward to seeing you again if you are visiting Bath. Best wishes Bath YMCA

It's a little bit inconvenient to find the toilet or bathroom, but overall it's great for value and a warm place to stay. Thank you very much.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Location brilliant and central in Bath, but hostel quite dated and needs a refurb. Fine for a few nights. Would prefer if there were locks for the cubicle showers as felt anyone could come in as the female showers off a communal corridor but no locks..

The hostel needs a facelift and an update, the facilities are good but the rooms are a bit dated.

The single room itself was fine. it was big for a single room, including comfy chair and desk with chair. It is a pity there is no elevator in the building. Because I can't walk stairs very well. But I was only on the first floor and they offered help bringing my bag upstairs. The dining room is big and not very inviting. But for the price and location and I am very satisfied

• 29th Oct 2014

Breakfast was fair, rooms were ok

Handy location for getting into town and seeing the main sites of interest. Decent breakfast included in the price. I stayed in the 12-bed dorm which was reasonably roomy and the beds were comfortable enough. Certainly worth what I paid for.

Really nice breakfast, polite people and showers and bathrooms really clean. Love it

Good place and good value. The rooms are comfortable. The bathrooms should be cleaner though.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Many thanks for your comments. The bathrooms are cleaned daily between 10:00 and 12:00. Unfortunately we don't have 24hr cleaning staff and so any mess made after this is not sorted until the next day.

Nothing too fancy, but the location, 24 hour reception, and staff was awesome/helpful!

Only one plug socket for a room of 4

• 25th Oct 2014

Many thanks for your comments. We do stock multiple adaptors at reception which we take a £5 refundable deposit for.

Great location.Staff very helpful and courteous.

• 24th Oct 2014

Bath YMCA is very conveniently located; the bus station, the Baths, the abbey, the Royal Crescent are all within five minutes walking distance. My room was adequately spacious, clean and I loved the view through the window of the church and cathedral spires over rooftops. The facilities (including wi-fi in the room) were basic, but again, for the price, more than adequate. I found the staff polite and helpful. This is definitely an excellent option for visitors on a slender budget.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • India

We enjoyed a lot our stay in october 2014. It was near a grocerie and down town.

• 16th Oct 2014

Very good if you just need a place to sleep but there's not really much atmosphere in the place. No kitchen either. Rooms were clean and good size with lockers, bathrooms cleaned often, decent breakfast. Because it's a YMCA there were a few school groups coming through but they were no problem. No real common room or kitchen though. Good central location.

Really central and excellent value for money. Rooms are basic but perfect if you just want somewhere to sleep! Staff were really friendly and the 24hr reception was handy. I would happily stay there again.

• 11th Oct 2014

This is the most expensive hotel I have stayed in during my 4 night trip to uk and it was the worst. It thad the worst breakfast, it was the least clean and I had to sahre the bathroom. For that Price I could have stayed in a hotel

Thank you for your comments, the YMCA is a hostel with no ensuite bathrooms as stated on our website, not a hotel. If you were unhappy with your room this should have been reported to reception who would be happy to change your room if there was a problem.

Hostel's coffee is never too good but this one was particularly bad. Lack of atmosphere.

Showers were either boiling or freezing with no pressure. Our time was spoilt by another person staying in the dorm who was laying and being sick in bed. When I explained the situation to a member of staff, they said the girl had been brought in in that state and there wasn't much they could do. I was suprised they could accept someone in that state and felt there was generally a the lack of concern/ understanding by staff members who were also quite dismissive - could of been handled better.

• 10th Oct 2014