Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

Staff was excellent, customers not so much. Drunk people screaming outside untill 3 every night. Breakfast is basically toasted white bread with butter, delicious but not nutricious. Location is amazing, just take your breakfast in one of the little shops and stay is cheap.

• 7th Aug 2014

I LOVED this place! The best hostel I've ever been into! Very nice, kind staff, always listening and giving suggestions. Nice free break-fast. Awesome room with special curtains for additional privacy. Comfy beds, with curtains and special individual lights.

Noisy bedroom doors. Smelly carpet in the corridor. a self catering kitchen would be a plus.

• 5th Aug 2014

1. They should keep the toilets much cleaner. 2. my room's window couldn't be locked. 3. It was the first time I was charged for leaving my luggage one hour longer than the check-out time in a room they have in the back.

• 5th Aug 2014

Many thanks for your comments. Our showers and toilets are cleaned daily between 10am and 12 noon, we also now have a couple of cleaners coming in of an evening to sort out any mess that has occurred during the day, so any mess in the toilets will have occurred between these times. As for locks of the windows, the room in question on the 1st floor is 3 floors up on Walcot street and someone would need an extended ladder to gain access, beside the fact the windows only open part way.

Really good value compared to other B&B's and hotels in the area. Location was fantastic - right in the centre, with staff on the front desk 24 hours - fantastic! All we needed.

• 4th Aug 2014

Worse internet connection.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Shelves in the shower stalls would have been helpful, but a coat hanger on the hook would do the same job essentially. Staff were helpful and friendly. Did not try the breakfast so cannot comment. Just a 5 minute walk from the Abbey and central area for tourists. There were some sketchy characters in one of the alleys leading to the courtyard but I just took the next alley. Overall a pleasant experience.

Our 12-bed dorm room had half a stag party, the rest were in another room. There was only 1 bed available to us, though we paid for 2. We told the staff, but they did nothing. We were woken up by a drunk (who wasn't even staying in our room) who took pictures of us sleeping & then a 2nd drunk who had left his things on 3 different beds, but was convinced we were sleeping in his. The room was also a mess without the stag party with whole suitcases emptied.

Excellent location! pretty good breakfast. Nice and spacious room. 地點非常好,附近機能健全,免費早餐很豐盛,熱食加購價也不貴。我這次住雙人房,共用衛浴,房間乾淨,空間也夠,只可惜唯一一個插頭無法使用。

• Taiwan

The staff was absolutely wonderful and really made an effort to ensure I was ok with the bathroom sharing situation. The bed was super comfortable, and excellent value for money. I had such bad experience the first and last time I stayed at a hostel: staying here has completely changed my view, thanks for the welcome!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Great location, good atmosphere, nice garden. Very noisy because of a nearby pub during the night.

This place has a student/backpacker vibe. I do not recommend bringing children here. We couldn't find entrance either. Not all the rooms are the same size and some are more airy than others. The rooms hve a strange smell (possibly the carpets and curtains) and it feels like the bed sheets have not been changed in years. If you are there for a day or two, plan on spending your sleeping hours here. Or if you are short on cash and can compromise then this is the place for you. Breakfast is decent.

• India

Thankyou for your feedback. We are a hostel so are happy to promote the student/backpacker vibe, and provide smaller rooms that have accommodated plenty of families during the summer. All our rooms have fresh sheets that are changed for each guest staying. You may have noticed the corridors in the hostel have recently had new carpets.

Great hostel - enjoyed staying there. The ONLY downside (and I really do mean only, because it was excellent apart from this) is that my dorm was on the main road and so was really quite loud at a few times late at night with clubbers.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Overall a very good value hostel, communal bathrooms very clean, private room clean and well appointed, bed really comfortable and I don't say that often , staff friendly. Didn't have breakfast so can't comment. Communal areas are a little tired but fine. Great value for money and great location.

• 1st Aug 2014

Good location. Nice room

Actually if you are in budget, I may recommend it to you.But if you just can pay a little more, please do not hesitate to get a better hostel. This place is very cheap, but it has its price. The room is dirty, I can clearly see the litter and dust on the floor, which is really disgusting if you sleep near the ground. The moving space of the bed is just very little, you know, there are three beds in a line,the only way to sit on the bed is by choosing the uppest bed.

Hostel is good if you're looking for a quite place to stay for one or two nights!

The bed was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was nice. Bathrooms were quite worn out though and not so clean, staining the overall impression of the hostel (which was good). Shower courtains were especially nasty.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Nice hostel also for several days, good location. Rooms very basic (not many plugs), internet via Wi-Fi or the computers nearly useless (very slow). Showers, tidyness, breakfast were good

• 29th Jul 2014

One of the nicest, friendliest hostels I stayed at. The staff were nice and helpful, breakfast was really good, and the rooms were super clean! One time I had an issue with people in the next room making too much noise in the next room in the middle of the night, and the staff were SUPER helpful!

• 27th Jul 2014