Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

Thank-you for a lovely stay. We enjoyed Bath immensely and the hostel was very friendly. They accommodated our need for luggage storage after check-out which was very helpful.

• 17th Jul 2015

Absolutely loved my stay here! Hands down my favourite hostel that I have stayed at - being a young, female travellor I felt safe the whole time, and the staff made me feel very welcome and happy. Really great value for money and cleanliness! Can't think of one single complaint - keep it up!

• 17th Jul 2015

Room a bit hot.. and be SO much better if matress was slightly better, made my back a little sore.

• 17th Jul 2015

The hostel was clean and in a good location. The included breakfast had a nice variety of foods and enjoyable. The faucet in the room dripped which needed to be taken care of for both the environmental and annoyance aspects. Overall, the YMCA was a great bargain for a stay in Bath.

• 12th Jul 2015

The YMCA was nice. There was noise outside the window in the evening, but I found it easy to sleep through. The breakfast was good. There seemed to be very little traffic in the halls, and I the bathroom was always empty. There was good internet included. The atmosphere was pretty good. Something that would make it a bit better is to have a floor-mat in the shower, and maybe a few more hooks in the shower stall.

• 11th Jul 2015

Great location and price, for good basic overnight accommodation. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• 11th Jul 2015

Best hostel I've stayed at in England. Liked the privacy curtains. Sterile, impersonal, and perfectly adequate

Staff were very helpful, room adequate except pillow, breakfast quite generous, everything seemed quite clean except the female bathrooms smelled strongly of urine and I found what looked like an insect nest on the wall of my room. Also as a solo female traveller I wish they had not put me in the room right next to the male showers. Not sure I would stay here alone again, there was a lot of noise late at night, but very close to everything in Bath and good price with no frills.

To tell you the truth : I love this youth hostel. Three different stays and never disappointed. Staff, people, facilities, location and atmosphere, everything's great. Thank you !

The Hostel's webpage is not the best.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Hungary

All in all, better than expected and would recommend to all. Could have done with being a little cleaner.

• 4th Jul 2015

Great hostel with a friendly staff and clean rooms. Odd rule that you need to leave your room from 10-12 AM everyday. It's enforced about 50% of the time. Also, none of the USB chargers by the beds work. But the outlets work just fine so what am I whining about. Very much enjoyed my stay, would stay again.

Many thanks for your comments. Private rooms are fine for guests to stay in, but the dormitories need the beds cleaned of guests who are leaving, as well as the floors washing down and showers and toilets being sorted. It's very difficult to do this if guests are wandering around. We know there is a problem with the usb ports on some beds and are looking into it. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Have stayed here before. Very nice. Bunk beds in dormitories have curtains round, which is nice.

The bed was very comfortable. The linen, crisp and clean. The room did have dust balls under the table and we stayed 2 nights so the room didn't seem to have been cleaned in this time, though the bin had been emptied More hooks in the shower rooms would be helpful

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

I have stayed here four times in the past nine years. This is the first year I have had to involve a manager in checking in. The fellow at the front desk, I'd not seen before, had dirty clothes, dirty hands, and quite rude and unhelpful. Thankfully the manager stepped in after this guy threatened to throw me out. There were two other staff, one of whom I've know from earlier visits who were wonderful. I found it quite repulsive to see this fellow with the same clothes for three days.

Room hadn't been cleaned in a bit. Showers were small but clean. Lots of noise throughout the area on my last night there (it was a Thursday) and had trouble sleeping. Decent value for how cheap it was and its great location but overall it was just okay.

It's always good to stay at the YMCA. The staff is amazingly helpful and the whole atmosphere is very human and chill out. Perfect location, facilities very handy, a great sense of freedom when going in and out : Bath YMCA is your second home in the best city ever

wonderful place and such good value for money; you can't beat it

• 30th Jun 2015

In a single room, a towelsbath would be nice

Many thanks for your comments, I'm assuming you mean a bath towel. We hire towels for a small fee of £1 which is used to wash and replace old towels. We believe in only charging people for what they need. If towels were supplied in rooms the we would add the charge to the room booking. We feel that as most people bring towels, why levy a charge on them for a towel that isn't needed.

The curtain rail fell down and didn't work, there were no towels and the room felt dirty. We won't be staying again.

• 27th Jun 2015