Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

The staff were very patient and helpful, despite having so many people to deal with.

• Wales
  • Couple, 41+

Cleanliness needs some improvement.

• Hong Kong

Very enjoyable stay. Would recommend to anyone wanting to visit bath.

• All Male Group, 31-40

Many thanks for your comments and really glad you enjoyed your stay.

Even though the location was great the staff was very impolite and the wifi was not working, contrary from what was advertised on their website. I was worried about security as we had to leave our keys at the reception when leaving the building and anyone could pick them up by simply asking for the room number's key. Overall it was a bad experience and certainly the worst hostel I've been to.

• 23rd Sep 2015

We would strongly dispute our staff being impolite and many comments on this site are to the contrary. The wifi may not have stretched to where this room is as furthest room from wifi point, but room has no neighbours and single shower/toilet outside of door of room. There has not been a theft from a private room here in the 16yrs or more that I have been here, so no real security issues, but staff should be checking names against system before handing keys out. Many thanks.

Bearing in min the price, we think that the services should be much better. For example, the toilets and showers were quite old and not really clean at all, especially at peak hours (like in the morning, e.g.); apart from that, the breakfast was really poor and we think it's inconsiderate to have english breakfast, but say to some clients (like us) that "this is only for the group". You should offer the option to eat english breakfast to everyone, even if it means to pay an extra charge.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Spain

Definitely a good location, and breakfast was included, but no self-catering kitchen and no decent common area to hang out in.

Really enjoyed the hostel. Great location and friendly staff. Breakfast is generous and the facilities are good. The whole hostel is clean and tidy (especially pleased by how clean and nice the toilets and shower rooms were). Only complaint was a lot of dust in on of the corners near my bottom bunk.

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay. Our apologies about the dust.

Good hostel. Staff not very interested, just doing the job. Although there were a lot of beds in one room (18) you did have your privacy because of bedcurtains and your own readinglight. Nice showers and toilets.

Very informative and helpful staff.

• 21st Sep 2015

Many thanks for your comments.

I found it odd that you leave your keys when you leave for the day. The room was quiet, even with our window being but a stone's throw from the outside common area. I like that you can get cold water from the kitchen. The location is wonderful for being close to the center and with it being tucked into the middle of other things the hustle and bustle is really not even noticed. The stairs are not lit in the alley leading to the place, we had to use our phones as flashlights.

Easy walking with luggage to facility from coach/train station, and very pair price.

• 19th Sep 2015

15 bed dorm was very quiet inside. Loved having curtains around bed, my own outlet and lamp. No need to turn on overhead light and disturb everyone else. Street noise very load, but ear plugs took care of it. Good free breakfast with yogurt, cereal, toast, fruit, juice. Some groups in other dorms rowdy until around midnight and noisy throughout the building during the day and early evening. Very convenient location to bus/train and downtown attractions. Wifi was frustrating, especially evening

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay. Some groups can be a bit noisy, but if reception are made aware then we do our best to sort out such behaviour. The wifi in the dorms side is quite far from the server point and so tends to be a lot weaker than in the reception area.

Lovely staff, not a party hostel but it is bath after all. Was really impressed with the facilities, it isnt the cheapest hostel you will find but Bath is home counties tourist central so you won't get a anything else for even close to the price. Would really recommend, the man at the counter was so lovely and helpful as well. Will go back. Also don't be put off because it is a YMCA, I saw guests of all ages staying there.

Many thanks for your comments and really glad you enjoyed your stay.

A great stay in Bath, the best hostel I've been to for long time!! Thanks to all, from front desk to kitchen :-)))

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Staff was very helpful. Facilities were clean and available when I needed them.

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay.

The staff were so helpful. Really happy about my stay there. Would go back again.

• 15th Sep 2015

Many thanks for your comments and really glad you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to you returning at some point in the future.

The location can't be beat for the price! I appreciate having a sink in the room, though wish that there were some en-suite rooms. The beds are horrendously uncomfortable and I barely slept, though the hostel was quiet. In the future, I don't think I will be able to stay on-site when I bring my students to Bath. The included breakfast does the job, but can soy milk be available?

• 12th Sep 2015

Many thanks for your comments. I thought soya milk was available, but will check with the restaurant.

Staff seemed irritated and the location is tucked away from the street which means it's challenging to locate but it's quite a lovely area. Very clean though, and nice and walking distance to the train station and all attractions.

Many thanks for your comments. We normally get really good feedback about our staff, so unsure what happened on this occassion. Will check to see who was on shift during your stay.

The sanitation in dormitory is not good!But the location is good!

Many thanks for your comments. Our operations manager and head of housekeeping have had words with the staff. Most things they get right, but they have been missing a few things that we felt should be done to a higher standard.

Very central, nice staff, 24 hour reception, good breakfast. Suggestion: advice on where to park before arrival would be helpful. More plugs in the room would also be helpful.

• 11th Sep 2015

Many thanks for your comments. I believe there is something about parking on our website.