Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

Nice convenient hostel. Was in an 18-bed room as a solo traveller and felt same/comfortable. Couldn't find the pillow cases, but loved that there was an outlet by each bed as well as curtains.

Thank you, everything was nice and easy. All clean, better than expected.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay.

We were very pleased with the staff. Also, we liked our sleeping setup.

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay.

This hostel was awesome!!! The dorms were great. My friend and I stayed in an all female dorm, and the room was so cool. Triple bunks with colorful curtains and personal charging docks. The room was spacious and open, and there were wonderfully large open windows looking out onto the street. The staff was kind, the environment fun and safe, and the place was very clean. There were more than enough showers and toilets. And the location was perfect. I highly recommend staying here!

I had a great stay at YMCA. Brilliant location- so central. lovely facilities. really enhanced my stay.

We are really glad you enjoyed your stay.

Great central location. Dorms had coded entry and the bunks had curtains which made it feel like you were in your own little world. Showers were clean. Great value for money. Not a big atmosphere if you're looking to meet other travellers.

It was fun to stay at the YMCA!! Really good location only a quick walk to the centre of town. Clean showers and toilets. Only bad thing was there was a young school group staying there and they were loud the entire time. But it's the YMCA so whatever, could have been worse. Great breakfast with fresh fruit. Would stay again :)

Bathroom, kitchen and dorm facilities clean and tidy. Breakfast was great value for money - cereal, fruit, toast, tea/coffee (coffee machine not great though...) - Good hostel, great value for money.

• 8th Jun 2015

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay. As for the coffee, we don't seem to get many complaints, but I personally don't think it is as good as the coffee we used to have. Maybe it's time for us to do a survey and find out what the majority of guests think of it.

Beds were rather cramped! But I love it that every bed came with its own power outlet, lamp, and curtains!

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Many thanks for your comments. We have had 5 out of 6 of our dorms fully refurbished over the last couple of years and the beds, believe it or not, are quite large for dorm beds.

This hostel was amazing. I would definitely recommend it!

Many thanks for your comments and so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We stayed in the 3 bedroom. It was decent but frustrating only having one outlet to plug things in. Overall it was a pleasant stay and I would definitely stay there again.

Many thanks for your comments. We do have multiple sockets at reception that guests can pay a refundable deposit on.

The rooms were nothing fancy but were neat and clean which is what matters. The location was excellent and the security was very good. The only issue was the noise volume of other occupants at all hours of the day. We noticed that there was pounding on doors and running up and down the halls, loud music and talking all the time. This was happening when we were in our room mid day and also late at night. One thing that would make the YMCA better is noise restrictions during certain hours.

• 6th Jun 2015

Many thanks for your comments and our apologies about the noise. We do ask guests, especially groups, to be quiet when going up to rooms, unfortunately, on a Saturday, especially evening time, some guests don't seem to know how to be quiet. We can't hear anything on reception, but if guests make us aware of bad behaviour then we will go and sort it out.

Very good and clean hostel. Loved the fact we can have a double bed!

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay.

This is one of the nicest hostels I have stayed at. The beds are incredible. They have curtains for privacy, as well as a shelf, outlet, and light. The breakfast is also good and has a decent variety. The hostel is pretty centrally located to everything since Bath isn't that large of a town. Only complaint was the noise outside, but the hostel is located on a street full of bars and I stayed on a weekend, so that is to be expected.

Many thanks for your comments and so glad you enjoyed your stay.

I had a nice stay, I would have liked I have some sheets and not just a blanket. There was a weird smell. The full breakfast is but 3 pounds, they should just add it up to the price and give some cheese, ham and sausages.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Many thanks for your comments. Your double bed should have been made up with top and bottom sheet and duvet, if it wasn't then the room wasn't fully serviced which could have accounted for the weird smell. All vacant rooms are checked most days, unfortunately it is not always possible when we have staff absent from reception, had we have known of the issue then we would have moved you to another room, so our apologies. There are always things that can be added to breakfast, but cost is an issue

facilities are good and staff were very helpful.

• 4th Jun 2015

Many thanks for your comments

I would recommend this hotel for a short holidays in Bath. Everything was good. The best two things about the hotel were the location, because it is located just two minutes walking from the city center, and the breakfast, because it was included in the price and It was super! I will come back soon :)

Many thanks for your comments and so glad you enjoyed your stay.

This hostel is better than I think it would be with that value of money. The facilities are clean and there are curtains on the edge of the beds to protect privacy. It is the best hostel I've stayed. I think the password-door does not guarantee security as one would know the password forever even if he or she just stay for one night. I mean, if people know the password, they could just come back anytime they want because they know the password.

• 29th May 2015
  • China

Many thanks for your comments. We do change the dorm codes every now and then, but not every day, it wouldn't be practical for the guests staying as they would need to keep coming to reception for fresh password. It's also a fact from our experience that a thief is normally someone who is staying and not someone that sneaks in. A thief will generally be the last person in the room of a morning when guests are at breakfast, hence we urge guests to use lockers for valuables.

Very comfortable, great location, great breakfast, great board games

• 27th May 2015

Many thanks for your comments, really glad you enjoyed your stay.

The room was basic, but exactly what we were looking for. It had two single beds, with clean linen. Soap was provided for a shower and we hired towels for 1 pound each. Staff were friendly and provided the advice we were after.

• 25th May 2015