Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

A great stay in Bath, the best hostel I've been to for long time!! Thanks to all, from front desk to kitchen :-)))

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Staff was very helpful. Facilities were clean and available when I needed them.

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay.

The staff were so helpful. Really happy about my stay there. Would go back again.

• 15th Sep 2015

Many thanks for your comments and really glad you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to you returning at some point in the future.

The location can't be beat for the price! I appreciate having a sink in the room, though wish that there were some en-suite rooms. The beds are horrendously uncomfortable and I barely slept, though the hostel was quiet. In the future, I don't think I will be able to stay on-site when I bring my students to Bath. The included breakfast does the job, but can soy milk be available?

• 12th Sep 2015

Many thanks for your comments. I thought soya milk was available, but will check with the restaurant.

Staff seemed irritated and the location is tucked away from the street which means it's challenging to locate but it's quite a lovely area. Very clean though, and nice and walking distance to the train station and all attractions.

Many thanks for your comments. We normally get really good feedback about our staff, so unsure what happened on this occassion. Will check to see who was on shift during your stay.

The sanitation in dormitory is not good!But the location is good!

Many thanks for your comments. Our operations manager and head of housekeeping have had words with the staff. Most things they get right, but they have been missing a few things that we felt should be done to a higher standard.

Very central, nice staff, 24 hour reception, good breakfast. Suggestion: advice on where to park before arrival would be helpful. More plugs in the room would also be helpful.

• 11th Sep 2015

Many thanks for your comments. I believe there is something about parking on our website.

Great central location, but took ages to find entrance (went round 3 times in car)! When l said it could be clearer, was told signage wasn't allowed. There was some in Broad Street, but it was in the wrong place and not very noticeable! Rooms adequate and clean but flat roof outside my window didn't make me feel very secure. Showers could do with updating - certainly the one next to room 112. Staff very helpful, even telling me where l could park car for free.

Many thanks for your comments. The flat roof outside your window is four floors above street level and so not much chance of anyone scaling it. The signage is an issue, bu that's the council for you, as helpful as ever. I'll get our chief exec to look at the shower and see what he thinks, he's the one that allocates our resources where he feels they are most needed.

Lovely staff, and welcoming atmosphere. Only problem was that the bedroom walls were paper thin and we were kept awake by jokers next door. They were warned by staff to be quiet but this was at 5am so we didn't get much sleep. That said, at breakfast the next day we noticed that most of the guests were female and over 40, so we were unlucky, as most guests didn't seem the rowdy type...

• 11th Sep 2015

Many thanks for your comments and so sorry you were disburbed by a few people that don't know have to behave. Our staff will always try and sort out noise issues and any rowdiness as soon as they are made aware of such things.

The male showers weren't great. Quick transition from cold to boiling hot then cold and boiling hot again. Everything else was great.

Many thanks for your comments. I have spoken to maintanence about the showers and they said it's because guests are turning them on full pelt and therefore the water hasn't time to heat up sufficiently. They should be set about midway.

Given lack of meal service on site besides continental breakfast, it would be nice to have access to a refrigerator to store some food.

Many thanks for your comments. We do have a fridge in a back room by reception for guests to use.

A bit of an older crowd so it was quite quiet. Great breakfast with real apples and bananas rather than strictly toast and cereal. Bit odd that there weren't many showers and toilets on our floor, but ran into no issues with queues, so must be well spaced throughout the hostel. Overall, good work team :)

Many thanks for your comments. We do get a lot of young people here, but a lot depends on what's happening in the city.

Not a fun place but just convenient. The showers either burn you or are too cold. But the rest was ok. The staff very good.

Many thanks for your comments. The showers can be an issue if turned up full as the water goes quicker than it can be heated. We would advice guests to have it about midway which should then give an even flow of hot water.

The breakfast was bare minimum and there was no option to buy continental even though his was mentioned. The room was dirty and very dusty. A one get stay should get you a minimum of 24 our say at the hostel but check was 12 pm and I entitled allowed o check n 15 mins early and stick checkout t 10 am. Toilets. Wifi was extremely week and my phone constantly disconnected. Prices were charged for per person. So stayed one night with my partner n a double room. I had to pay and additional equal

• 30th Aug 2015

Many thanks for your comments. If check out was 24hrs starting at 10am then how would the rooms get cleaned for the next lot of 10am arrivals. Our prices reflect the prices of accommodation in Bath, which isn't a cheap city. The light breakfast consists of cereals, toast, jams, fruit, yougurt, plus hot and cold drinks and is included in the price, most comments we get are favourable. Reception thought cooked breakfast was available Monday as group had booked cooked breakfasts, sadly it wasn't

The entire staff was beyond helpful! Everything was always neat and very clean! This was my first experience staying at a hostel so I went in wary of it. They changed my mind. Thanks to all who made it a wonderful experience! Cheers

• 29th Aug 2015

Overall, good value for money thanks to the location, price, cleanliness and facilities. However at night there were too many people loitering at the hostel's garden until late hours.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Many thanks for your comments. Difficult to get people to move from courtyard with a 24hr reception.

Pro's: Friendly staff. Perfect location -- it was in the center of all the places we wanted to go to. Lockers in the dorms that could fit two backpacks (bring a padlock for your lockers). Con's: The toilet didn't flush properly. The shower I used (for the mixed dorms) did not stay consistently warm..it kept changing from freezing cold to scalding hot! The duvet cover didn't seem clean because it certainly smelled like someone just used it!

Many thanks for your comments, we do wash the duvettes fairly regularly, but we do 80 dorm beds in the building and so do them on a rota type basis, the problem is that some guests choose not use the top and bottom bed sheets supplied. Will check with maintenance about showers to see what situation is with them.

Great breakfast and lovely quiet room.

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay

There were stains on my sheets and the atmosphere was drab and boring. Good location though and the simple breakfast was ok. It was ok for one night stay.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Many thanks for your comments and our apologies about the sheets. The sheets are sourced from a company and are normally fine. It appears however that there was an issue with a small batch and this wasn't picked up by housekeeping. We have now had words with our supplier and hopefully won't have this problem again.

The nearby pub is Toooooo noisy! I could sleep all night.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • China

Many thanks for your comments, unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the noise from the nearby pub, but we do supply earplugs for free if required.