Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

Good atmosphere, clean bathrooms, bright room, there is a supermarket nearby, a good choice at Bath!

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

+very cheap laundry. The place is pretty clean. Good location. -the first night I was there the place is filled with little kids and football(?) team. It was really loud and I can hear kids running&playing up stairs around midnight. Other than that everyone else beside the staff at the reception seems overly unfriendly. There was a 70 years old lady in our dorm room and we were shocked... But she later moved out so I'm not sure what's going on. The other night was dead quiet. There's only 2 pers

The staff are always welcoming and friendly. The rooms warm and cosy. I'm always very happy when I stay here

• 26th Apr 2014

The hostel was in an excellent location, the staff very helpful and friendly and the breakfast (included in the price) was very good value. I would definitely stay here again.

Absolutely top notch - could not have been more friendly, professional or helpful. Put up with our shenanigans with a smile and a pleasant word!

• 25th Apr 2014

Fantastic location. Staff were very friendly, approachable and helpful.

A hostel in the city center, only 7 minutes by walk from the train station. Very good location. The canteen is OK, but if cooked food is included for free in breakfast, it will be better. The room seems not that clean, but still OK. The carpet on the floor need to be cleaned more thoroughly or just be changed. The paintings inside the building need to be redone. The shower room does not have a lock. So everybody can go into your shower room... Wifi is free, but it didn't work on my mobile phone.

The hostel is in a clean condition and was very quiet during my stay. The rooms are spacious and there are enough lockers in the rooms and throughout the hostel. I found the bathrooms and showers to be clean at any time of the day. The breakfast is the best I have seen in any hostel so far. Several kinds of cereal, muesli, yoghurt, fresh fruit and the usual toast and a standard assortment of spreads. This is a hostel I would recommend any time.

• 21st Apr 2014

Many thanks for your comments. According to our data your stay was for one night in a 10 bed dorm. There are lockers in all our dormitories and they are cleaned daily at 10am, therefore any mess in the bins is likely to have occured from other guests using the dorms. We have six dormitories here and 5 out of the six have been fully refurbished with new beds, sockets, lamps and curtains, the only one not done unfortunately is the 10 bed one, this will be rectified at some point in the future.

Everything was OK, despite there are shared bathrooms instead of en-suite rooms and the room window did no close properly and we were worried if someone could enter through the window to steal something meanwhile we were visiting Bath. It is not a Hotel, it is a Hostel, but it cost the same... it is expensive. No car park. Simple breakfast. At least the location of the Hostel is in the town center.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for your feedback. Our website states we are a hostel, it also states we do not have ensuite rooms so unsure where you have read this information. The bathroom facilities are seperate male and female with individual private showers and changing areas. Our prices are considerably lower than the hotels in Bath. We will certainly check the window to ensure it locks correctly. Regards Bath YMCA

It was a really nice hostel and staff was so helpful and courteous but there could have been more than one electrical outlet in a private room for three people staying more than a night..... needed to charge cell phones and camera batteries.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Belize

I just stayed one night so not sure about overall atmosphere but it is perfect location and lovely friendly staff, and great value. Only annoying thing was there were no plug sockets in our twin room so we couldn't charge our phones at night.

Many thanks for your comments. There are plug sockets in every private room, unfortunately many are obscured by the curtains. I did put a little note in every room some time ago stating where they were, some however may have gotten lost along the way so I will check and do some fresh ones.

Loads of drunk people on the street makes it is very noisy at night time, it would really benefit from double glazing windows

Many thanks for your comments. Apart from the cost of double glazing the whole building, I suspect the council wouldn't allow it.

Stayed in a single room for one night. The room was clean, I just had to ask for sheets. Bathroom could have been a bit cleaner and might need some refurbishment. Breakfast was quite good, Toast, cereals. You have to leave ur key at the reception and just say ur room number to get it back, seems a bit unsafe to me.

Many thanks for your comments. The room you stayed in is classed as a one bed dorm, hence the need for you to be given sheets to make your own bed, this is not the case with our other private single rooms that are more expensive, but have the beds made up. Reception staff should ask for a name when handing out keys, that being said, I have been here 15yrs and there has never been a theft from a private room in all that time. I will however stress again to reception staff to check names.

Drunkards made imposible to sleep that night

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Great Place. Very clean and friendly staff!

As there is a courtyard out the front there was a lot of noise from people drinking and being loud in the early hours of the morning on a weeknight. The security was questionable with staff asking us to leave the key at reception and then upon return staff simply handing the key over when u told them what number u were in when they had not come in contact with us before.

• 17th Apr 2014

Many thanks for your comments. We would encourage guests worried about noise to request a room at the rear of the building if possible and also to inform reception if noise is a problem. As for security, reception staff should check names and usually do so. That being said, in my 15yrs here there has never been a theft from a private room. The cctv alone is a deterrent,

Excellent location, breakfast provided, very clean. VERY noisy at night (both Sunday and Monday nights) with drunken youths shouting and singing outside my window and along the corridors. Staff didn't seem to do anything to intervene.

Many thanks for your comments. Staff on reception may well not have been aware of the noise, nothing can be heard on reception from any of the corridors in the building. Staff should do checks of the building at various times, this is not always possible when people come in at all times of the morning as someone needs to be on the dest to let guests in. We would ask guests to contact reception at the time about such issues.

I am a senior. Was on the third floor in a single room. I keep fit so stairs not a problem. Was asked if I was ok with luggage I said yes. Bath not flat Hostel about half way between the sights. Wait rose supermarket nearby. Can get hot water for drinks. . Don't use microwave at home but it was useful heated my milk for my milo and a chilled meal from wait rose room very nice showers very clean. Good value for money

• 13th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

only one socket in each room is clearly not enough...

Many thanks for your comments. We do have some multiple adaptors at reception that we take a £5 refundable deposit on.

Good value clean basic accommodation that is cheap. It was a suitable for us and the YMCA lived up to its reputation giving affordable accommodation to youths and families. It is great that there are family rooms and we don't all have to stay in dorms.

• 12th Apr 2014