Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

Nice hostel also for several days, good location. Rooms very basic (not many plugs), internet via Wi-Fi or the computers nearly useless (very slow). Showers, tidyness, breakfast were good

• 29th Jul 2014

One of the nicest, friendliest hostels I stayed at. The staff were nice and helpful, breakfast was really good, and the rooms were super clean! One time I had an issue with people in the next room making too much noise in the next room in the middle of the night, and the staff were SUPER helpful!

• 27th Jul 2014

I was so impressed with the included breakfast! Staff were friendly. nice clean place

• 26th Jul 2014

Wifi did not work but great otherwise! Fantastic breakfast and awesome location.

Many thanks for your comments. Unfortunately we had asked BT to cut off one of our lines and they cut the wrong one, hence no wifi for about a week.

This experience was dire thanks to a member of staff who was on duty around 8.30pm on Saturday 26 July. I asked for my key and also asked if there was a lift. Your staff member said “No!” and laughed like I had said something funny. Despite the fact that one of my friends who was standing beside me HAS A WALKING STICK. She can normally go upstairs but had sunstroke and was feeling unwell so a lift would have helped. It was a reasonable question. It was not okay to laugh. (Continued below)

• 26th Jul 2014

This is a central hostel from which it is easy to navigate the city of Bath. It is opposit the Hilton Hotel if you get lost. We had a private room which had a sink, chair and ample storage for our things. It also came with soap for washing. Do not forget to bring your own towel. The bathroom an toilets which are shared were clean and tidy at all times. There was alway hot water as well. The free morning breakfast is a good way to start the day. The Full English breakfast cost £3.50.

Really liked the female bathroom. Really clean and with enough toilets and showers. Make all the difference in the rush time. Also liked the curtains in the beds, the lights and plugs for each bed as well.

Great location, very good breakfast, clean and comfy, free wifi, staff friendly. Would def stay again.

• 22nd Jul 2014

The hostel needs a lift. When you are travelling with a heavy baggage is HORRIBLE go upstairs to the 3rd floor!!

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Spain

Many thanks for your comments. Unfortunately a lift would have to be installed on Broad Street and unless we were willing to pay for 24hr door staff on Broad Street it would allow ANYONE to access the building. It would also cost the small matter of around £1000,000, so clearly not viable. If guests wish a lower floor, then they can ask on arrival and it may be possible to change their room.

cramped room, verry hot and tiny. could hardly move around in the room. There where Homeless people drunk near the hostel and in the ally where you had to pass to go to the hosel. Wifi was not available. Staff was inpatient except an verry old lady who was verry vriendly and helpfull.

• 21st Jul 2014

This was one of the BEST hostels I've ever stayed in. So much value for such a little price! Beds were spacious and comfy, staff were friendly, location was excellent, and breakfast was decent. I was very pleased with my experience!

Good accommodation for the price and very central. Basic breakfast was fine and plentiful. On third floor so a lift would have been nice but appreciate most residents are much younger and fitter than me!

• 19th Jul 2014

The noises in night made me feel crazy. One nigh there was even no electric. And l often got no hot water for shower.

Good value for money. We stayed in a private double which was a clean but cozy. The location is great and all facilities are up to the standard you expect at a hostel.

The room was very clean and the staff were very professional and so helpful. They were polite and accommodating and made the stay very enjoyable.

• 18th Jul 2014

Was good glad i chose this place.

• Wales

It was very, very hot. They told me someone in my room must have turned off a small fan, but a single fan would not have been sufficient to cool the room. They were quite nice, but do not expect much from the breakfast. Also, I was given a torn piece of paper with my room code, which was odd. Over all generally clean, and the beds had a surprising privacy and comfort.

• 17th Jul 2014

Many thanks for your comments. We purchased some quite large fans for the dormitory to help keep it cool. The dorm codes are normally written on the guests reciept, unless it's a group of people checking in at different times, then we do whatever is fastest.

My first stay in Hostel for nearly 10 years - it was very positive and I will return!

• 17th Jul 2014

Very clean place! Helpful staff!! Just that we need to pull our luggage to walk a little bit uphill road.

It's quite good. The dorms are crowded but big. In summer they can get a bit hot. The showers are not great. They're too small. I recommend it.