Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

The nearby pub is Toooooo noisy! I could sleep all night.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • China

Many thanks for your comments, unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the noise from the nearby pub, but we do supply earplugs for free if required.

Lovely stay, good breakfast -nice to have that in with price. Great opportunity to meet other travelling. Enjoyed staying in shared female accommodation. Maybe a little more lighting would be nice on returning later in the evening. Steps either ways and courtyard are quite dark. Thank you

• 21st Aug 2015

Great location, great customer service, very happy with the stay.

Many thanks for your comments and really glad you enjoyed your stay

Nice enough hostel. It was clean and very central. Staff is also quite helpful. Only complaint is that the wifi doesn't reach the rooms and the computers are so slow they are pretty much unusuable.

Would know for future reference but would have loved a coffee and a snack when we got there as late at night, the man in the desk eventually said I could get a coffee for £1.50 but nothing to eat so we had to go out again, that's probably my fault for not knowing have only ever stayed in a hostel in London once before. The room bedding and comfort was great! 😊

• 21st Aug 2015

Exceeding expectation! Lovely to have a good breakfast included. Thank you.

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay

Please have a bigger trash can in the bathroom.

Many thanks for your comments and will have a word with the head of housekeeping to see what she thinks about bigger trash cans.

The location was great and the staff helpful & friendly, but it would be nice to have larger lockers for valuables, inside the rooms rather than in the hallway, as well as chairs and shelves in the rooms. The breakfast was okay (cereal, toast, fruit), but the coffee was GREAT -- even mocha, lattes, etc.! It was rather noisy in the courtyard throughout the night, so it would have been nice if a staff member had enforced quiet time. Parking is quite tricky in almost all of Bath.

Really nice, comfortable bed, big and clean room. The breakfast is A++. But only weakness is the WiFi signal is not well in the room.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • China

Staying in a dorm I didn't expect much still... Loud outside. Stains on my mattress. In the evening the fire alarm went off. It was not long, but we went to the reception to ask. They told us it happens sometimes. In the night an administrator came to the room to wake us up and check our names, as they had a missing bed. During that the newest girl was told if there are no intruder it is her problem not the girl's who'd occupied the bed previous nights. Rude! OK parts - price & breakfast.

Some of our dorms are based by Broad Street so can get noisy, especially of a weekend. Unsure about problem with dorm, but believe reception managed to sort something out in the end. Always difficult when you have six dorms housing around 80 guests, only takes one to be in wrong dorm or to think they have booked to stay when actually down to depart, to mess everything up.

Sincerely was good slept over here, the bedrooms and toilets were clean. The hostel is close to the interest places in Bath.

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay.

Very satisfied stay. The only thing i would like, is the provision of towels. I think i slept on a foldaway type bed . A "proper" bed would have been better.

The acoustic insulation between the rooms is very poor. Me and my wife had trouble to sleep because we heard all the noise from the room next door.

• 14th Aug 2015

Hostel has a great location and is good value for the money, considering the average price of lodgings in Bath. I recommend it.

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay

It would be better if there is a kitchen with gas or electric stove. I was staying in the female dorm for two nights. When I came back to my room on the last night, I found that my bed was occupied. I tried to find another empty bed but it seems that all the beds were taken. Then I went to find a staff member to help. Eventually, I was given the meeting with a mattress. I was satisfied with this solution, but I think the hostel can do better by assigning a bed for each customer in the future.

• Hong Kong

We have nowhere we could put a gas or electric stove without it being a fire hazard, which is why we supply microwaves and have a hot drinks machine which dispenses hot water for free. Allocating beds is not really an option as some guests like top bunks as they get claustraphobic, so like bottom bunks as they don't like climbing ladders. We have thought of numbering beds and asking guests to inform us of there bed number which we can put on their reg form, this may be done in the future.

We were upgraded to a private room for free, and the rooms were basic but we're very clean, Comfy beds, the rooms were quiet, it was excellent. Very very clean bathrooms, however the hostel lacks some fun atmosphere, don't expect to meet people here, however if you're in Bath looking to kick back, this is the place!

Many thanks for your comments. Like every hostel, we have busy times and quiet time. We tend to be full most Saturdays with around 200 people in the building, but through the week it can be quieter.

When my sister and I stayed at the YMCA in May of this year we thought it was really excellent for what we wanted. But unfortunately, this time, we had a room at the front of the building and the noise of the 'drunks' outside was awful. We didn't get any sleep at all .We concluded they must sleep all day and just get more and more drunk throughout the night and shout and laugh disturbing the peace for everyone trying to get a good night's rest.

• 14th Aug 2015

Many thanks for your comments and really sorry you didn't get a good nights sleep. You don't mention whether noise was on YMCA property or from the street, I would hope from the street as reception staff should quieten down any guests on the property who are making undue noise in the evening. Again, our apologies.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »