Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

Shelves in the shower stalls would have been helpful, but a coat hanger on the hook would do the same job essentially. Staff were helpful and friendly. Did not try the breakfast so cannot comment. Just a 5 minute walk from the Abbey and central area for tourists. There were some sketchy characters in one of the alleys leading to the courtyard but I just took the next alley. Overall a pleasant experience.

Our 12-bed dorm room had half a stag party, the rest were in another room. There was only 1 bed available to us, though we paid for 2. We told the staff, but they did nothing. We were woken up by a drunk (who wasn't even staying in our room) who took pictures of us sleeping & then a 2nd drunk who had left his things on 3 different beds, but was convinced we were sleeping in his. The room was also a mess without the stag party with whole suitcases emptied.

Excellent location! pretty good breakfast. Nice and spacious room. 地點非常好,附近機能健全,免費早餐很豐盛,熱食加購價也不貴。我這次住雙人房,共用衛浴,房間乾淨,空間也夠,只可惜唯一一個插頭無法使用。

• Taiwan

The staff was absolutely wonderful and really made an effort to ensure I was ok with the bathroom sharing situation. The bed was super comfortable, and excellent value for money. I had such bad experience the first and last time I stayed at a hostel: staying here has completely changed my view, thanks for the welcome!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Great location, good atmosphere, nice garden. Very noisy because of a nearby pub during the night.

This place has a student/backpacker vibe. I do not recommend bringing children here. We couldn't find entrance either. Not all the rooms are the same size and some are more airy than others. The rooms hve a strange smell (possibly the carpets and curtains) and it feels like the bed sheets have not been changed in years. If you are there for a day or two, plan on spending your sleeping hours here. Or if you are short on cash and can compromise then this is the place for you. Breakfast is decent.

• India

Thankyou for your feedback. We are a hostel so are happy to promote the student/backpacker vibe, and provide smaller rooms that have accommodated plenty of families during the summer. All our rooms have fresh sheets that are changed for each guest staying. You may have noticed the corridors in the hostel have recently had new carpets.

Great hostel - enjoyed staying there. The ONLY downside (and I really do mean only, because it was excellent apart from this) is that my dorm was on the main road and so was really quite loud at a few times late at night with clubbers.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Overall a very good value hostel, communal bathrooms very clean, private room clean and well appointed, bed really comfortable and I don't say that often , staff friendly. Didn't have breakfast so can't comment. Communal areas are a little tired but fine. Great value for money and great location.

• 1st Aug 2014

Good location. Nice room

Actually if you are in budget, I may recommend it to you.But if you just can pay a little more, please do not hesitate to get a better hostel. This place is very cheap, but it has its price. The room is dirty, I can clearly see the litter and dust on the floor, which is really disgusting if you sleep near the ground. The moving space of the bed is just very little, you know, there are three beds in a line,the only way to sit on the bed is by choosing the uppest bed.

Hostel is good if you're looking for a quite place to stay for one or two nights!

The bed was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was nice. Bathrooms were quite worn out though and not so clean, staining the overall impression of the hostel (which was good). Shower courtains were especially nasty.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Nice hostel also for several days, good location. Rooms very basic (not many plugs), internet via Wi-Fi or the computers nearly useless (very slow). Showers, tidyness, breakfast were good

• 29th Jul 2014

One of the nicest, friendliest hostels I stayed at. The staff were nice and helpful, breakfast was really good, and the rooms were super clean! One time I had an issue with people in the next room making too much noise in the next room in the middle of the night, and the staff were SUPER helpful!

• 27th Jul 2014

I was so impressed with the included breakfast! Staff were friendly. nice clean place

• 26th Jul 2014

Wifi did not work but great otherwise! Fantastic breakfast and awesome location.

Many thanks for your comments. Unfortunately we had asked BT to cut off one of our lines and they cut the wrong one, hence no wifi for about a week.

This experience was dire thanks to a member of staff who was on duty around 8.30pm on Saturday 26 July. I asked for my key and also asked if there was a lift. Your staff member said “No!” and laughed like I had said something funny. Despite the fact that one of my friends who was standing beside me HAS A WALKING STICK. She can normally go upstairs but had sunstroke and was feeling unwell so a lift would have helped. It was a reasonable question. It was not okay to laugh. (Continued below)

• 26th Jul 2014

This is a central hostel from which it is easy to navigate the city of Bath. It is opposit the Hilton Hotel if you get lost. We had a private room which had a sink, chair and ample storage for our things. It also came with soap for washing. Do not forget to bring your own towel. The bathroom an toilets which are shared were clean and tidy at all times. There was alway hot water as well. The free morning breakfast is a good way to start the day. The Full English breakfast cost £3.50.

Really liked the female bathroom. Really clean and with enough toilets and showers. Make all the difference in the rush time. Also liked the curtains in the beds, the lights and plugs for each bed as well.

Great location, very good breakfast, clean and comfy, free wifi, staff friendly. Would def stay again.

• 22nd Jul 2014