Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

Reasonable and pleasant

• 10th Sep 2014
  • South Africa

Location was only a quick walk from the bus station, and very close to the main sights. Linen included, but you have to make your bed. Wifi speed was good for FaceTime, but only is in the lobby and the dining room. Microwave and hot water were available. They closed the dining hall and the lobby at like midnight. That was a little annoying, but the facilities were good, and the beds were clean—this is the hostel where most locals recommend you stay in town, and I'm happy I did. I'd come back!

Good location and friendly staff, but the facilities are not great. The girls' showers are super small (and I'm a fairly small person), the beds not very comfortable, and at least outside my window I can hear a bunch of drunks causing a racket from 1-3am on both nights I was there.,

Many thanks for your comments. We can't unfortunately do anything about the drunks on the streets of Bath and noise can be a problem in most areas of the city, especially on a Friday or Saturday night. I will get the maintenance men to take a look at the mattresses in this particular room, perhaps they need changing. As for the showers, most people appear to be fine with them as we get very few complaints about them.

Perfect location in Bath. Great price and breakfast included. Room had a bit of dust in the corners and on the bed lamp shelves, but the bedding was perfectly clean. Beware the sadist showers that require a button to be held down to operate. Would stay here again or recommend to others.

Stayed at the front side of the building on a saturday night and went to bed at midnight then woke up by the noise of a group of teenager (talking, screaming out loud) who back to their rooms for half an hour then they left (we did ask them twice to respect people who were sleeping). Later on we went down to talk to a guy at the lobby to take care of this problem. But it did happen again at the main entrance/réception area that they let people talking out loud until 5:30am that we could sleep!!!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Thailand

NEEDS to be revamped. Bad atmosphere. But bathroom was cleaned. Breakfast was simple but it had fruits.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »