Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

Bathroom, kitchen and dorm facilities clean and tidy. Breakfast was great value for money - cereal, fruit, toast, tea/coffee (coffee machine not great though...) - Good hostel, great value for money.

• 8th Jun 2015

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay. As for the coffee, we don't seem to get many complaints, but I personally don't think it is as good as the coffee we used to have. Maybe it's time for us to do a survey and find out what the majority of guests think of it.

Beds were rather cramped! But I love it that every bed came with its own power outlet, lamp, and curtains!

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Many thanks for your comments. We have had 5 out of 6 of our dorms fully refurbished over the last couple of years and the beds, believe it or not, are quite large for dorm beds.

This hostel was amazing. I would definitely recommend it!

Many thanks for your comments and so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We stayed in the 3 bedroom. It was decent but frustrating only having one outlet to plug things in. Overall it was a pleasant stay and I would definitely stay there again.

Many thanks for your comments. We do have multiple sockets at reception that guests can pay a refundable deposit on.

The rooms were nothing fancy but were neat and clean which is what matters. The location was excellent and the security was very good. The only issue was the noise volume of other occupants at all hours of the day. We noticed that there was pounding on doors and running up and down the halls, loud music and talking all the time. This was happening when we were in our room mid day and also late at night. One thing that would make the YMCA better is noise restrictions during certain hours.

• 6th Jun 2015

Many thanks for your comments and our apologies about the noise. We do ask guests, especially groups, to be quiet when going up to rooms, unfortunately, on a Saturday, especially evening time, some guests don't seem to know how to be quiet. We can't hear anything on reception, but if guests make us aware of bad behaviour then we will go and sort it out.

Very good and clean hostel. Loved the fact we can have a double bed!

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay.

This is one of the nicest hostels I have stayed at. The beds are incredible. They have curtains for privacy, as well as a shelf, outlet, and light. The breakfast is also good and has a decent variety. The hostel is pretty centrally located to everything since Bath isn't that large of a town. Only complaint was the noise outside, but the hostel is located on a street full of bars and I stayed on a weekend, so that is to be expected.

Many thanks for your comments and so glad you enjoyed your stay.

I had a nice stay, I would have liked I have some sheets and not just a blanket. There was a weird smell. The full breakfast is but 3 pounds, they should just add it up to the price and give some cheese, ham and sausages.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Many thanks for your comments. Your double bed should have been made up with top and bottom sheet and duvet, if it wasn't then the room wasn't fully serviced which could have accounted for the weird smell. All vacant rooms are checked most days, unfortunately it is not always possible when we have staff absent from reception, had we have known of the issue then we would have moved you to another room, so our apologies. There are always things that can be added to breakfast, but cost is an issue

facilities are good and staff were very helpful.

• 4th Jun 2015

Many thanks for your comments

I would recommend this hotel for a short holidays in Bath. Everything was good. The best two things about the hotel were the location, because it is located just two minutes walking from the city center, and the breakfast, because it was included in the price and It was super! I will come back soon :)

Many thanks for your comments and so glad you enjoyed your stay.

This hostel is better than I think it would be with that value of money. The facilities are clean and there are curtains on the edge of the beds to protect privacy. It is the best hostel I've stayed. I think the password-door does not guarantee security as one would know the password forever even if he or she just stay for one night. I mean, if people know the password, they could just come back anytime they want because they know the password.

• 29th May 2015
  • China

Many thanks for your comments. We do change the dorm codes every now and then, but not every day, it wouldn't be practical for the guests staying as they would need to keep coming to reception for fresh password. It's also a fact from our experience that a thief is normally someone who is staying and not someone that sneaks in. A thief will generally be the last person in the room of a morning when guests are at breakfast, hence we urge guests to use lockers for valuables.

Very comfortable, great location, great breakfast, great board games

• 27th May 2015

Many thanks for your comments, really glad you enjoyed your stay.

The room was basic, but exactly what we were looking for. It had two single beds, with clean linen. Soap was provided for a shower and we hired towels for 1 pound each. Staff were friendly and provided the advice we were after.

• 25th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Many thanks for your comments and so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Exceeded my expectations. I was looking at hotels for my stay initially but the prices were so high, so I looked at alternatives. It had some good reviews on tripadvisor. It was centrally based, walking distance to all the tourist attractions. great atmosphere and it was clean! And to top it off staff were very friendly and helpful. So thank you !

• 25th May 2015

Many thanks for your comments, so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Great staff and a fantastic location. Can be noisy at night.

Many thanks for your comments and so glad you enjoyed your stay. Bath is a busy little city and it can get a bit noisy, more so of a weekend, but not much we can do about that I'm afraid.

My stay was succesful but there is room for improvement. The lockers didn't work, the USB didn't work and there weren't enough courtains around my bed. Also, as the hotel staff needs to get into the rooms to clean the floor, I think they should change the linen, not the customers. I have been in many hostels and this is the first time I had to do it. Positive things: good free breakfast, confi mattresses, not noissy place.

• 23rd May 2015
  • Spain

A reasonable sized padlock is needed for the lockers, reception take a £10 refundable deposit for these if guests don't have their own. Unsure about curtains around your bed unless one was in the wash. Fresh linen is provided for guests on arrival, but guests choose and make their dorm beds, this is normal practice in dormitories. Guests can have fresh linen when they wish. Dorms have lock out from 10amfor 2hrs for cleaning of dorms and showers/toilets. Some USB'S don't work, hoping to sort.

Cleanliness could have been better. The floor carpet is old and dirty, the bedroom has poor ventilation and smells quite badly which made the night a very unpleasant stay.

• 23rd May 2015
  • Portugal

The staff were lovely, the hostel itself was value for money and the hostel was very central (45 seconds walk to the shops!!). The only downside is that being so central means it can be noisy at night. I would stay here again though.

Many thanks for your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay. Bath can be quite a noisy place at times, especially on a Friday or Saturday night, so will always be an issue for anyone staying anywhere in the city centre. The bonus with us is that many of our rooms aren't on the street, with a courtyard to the front of our building and no access at the rear of the building.

It is a great location in the center of Bath. Very close to everything. Best way to get there is to find Hilton Hotel, and ask for direction. (actually right across the street from it) Rooms are clean, bathrooms are clean too. Great time staying there, thanks.

I really liked this hostel, it has an excellent location, friendly staff, good wifi signal, and it was clean and organized. Beds were not very comfortable is my only complaint but it is a hostel. Would stay again.

Many thanks for your comments. Being a seasoned traveller myself, I find beds to be an issue in most places I stay, they're never the same as at home, usually harder, but most guests appear to be fine with them as we don't usually get to many complaints about them.