Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, the hostel was very clean and quiet, my room was lovely, the staff very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast generous. The only thing I would have liked was an outdoor space to dry washing. Also the ironing boards were very stained/dirty I'd definitely stay again...thank-you!

• 24th Aug 2014

Everything was ok! The localization is excellent.

• 24th Aug 2014

Excellent staff and great location!

Clean and well located hostel close to everything worth seeing in Bath. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Bathrooms were clean and was happy that my single room had a sink in it! Would not hesitate staying here again.

Very good!

• 22nd Aug 2014

VEry helpfull and suportive stuff, very good bed for the price class, nice atmosphere in the house.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Everything was great, except for the almost unusable internet. Very very slow, both WIFI and the computers in the lobby.

Hostel is in a very position. It is clean and room (we had private room) was comfortable. We have a very big concern about facilities, washing machine was not available in the hostel, this kind of service should be always available.

• 20th Aug 2014

Great location in Bath, near to the city centre and the rail station. Breakfast included with the room, which was fine. I would stay there again. The most surprising thing to me was how quiet it was. This was a definite PLUS.

• 20th Aug 2014

Loved our little room with a view. Decent breakfast

Nice for a quick overnight stay. Not much to look at, but it was clean and the staff very nice.

The showers were sometimes not running warm water, but aside from that we really enjoyed our stay in Bath and especially the great location of the hostel.

Hi So happy to stay with you in a beautiful city and all staffs were so kind. Thank you very much for your kindness.

Great stay, thank you

• 16th Aug 2014

I got a private room with 2 beds for the same price I spent for one bed in a mixed 10 bed room in London. I felt safe here, location is excellent, wifi in lobby area, light breakfast... overall excellent value for price I paid and I would definitely stay here again.

Great location and offers cheep accomodation in a city swarmed by expensive hotels. However, the atmosphere was not that of a young traveller; rather a quite, subdued retreat. This of course has its benefits although we were looking for/expecting a little more liveliness.

Great location, good facilities.

• 15th Aug 2014

My daughters had stayed at this hostel previously and recommended it to me based on its wonderful staff and cleanliness. They were 100% correct!! We were greeted by friendly faces that were helpful and polite. We stayed in a twin room that was clean and spacious. I would recommend this hostel to anyone who visits Bath. The location was fabulous which made it easy to walk about the city. An added bonus is their 1 pound fee to hold you bags for the day which made our last day in Bath easier!

• All Female Group, 41+

Hostel is in a great location! Easy walking distance to everything. The staff member on reception recommended a few restaurants and we loved the Caribbean restaurant! The room I stayed in was old. Like most of England but felt like it needed a bit of a spruce up. Metal bunks are a nightmare as they sqeek when you move. Would recommend new wooden bunks in the room. I only stayed in a 2 bed dorm though (number 7). Otherwise the hostel was good.

• 15th Aug 2014

Many thanks for your comments. There is a reason for using metal bunks, that reason being bed bugs. Some years ago we bought brand new wooden beds throughout the hostel over 200 beds), shortly after we were infested with bed bugs. Bed bugs climb wooden beds and get in the joints and under any wooden slats. We ended up having to throw all the wooden beds out, fumigate rooms and then replace all the wooden beds with metal ones. We've not had a problem since.

A decent Place to stay in the centre of Bath. No lift, wifi to be used only in the entrance area, thin walls and the breakfast is not the best I've had... But okay if you're more or less just looking for somewhere to sleep. Helpful staff and clean bathrooms/showers.