Bath YMCA Reviews

International House, Broad Street Place, Bath, England

This was one of the BEST hostels I've ever stayed in. So much value for such a little price! Beds were spacious and comfy, staff were friendly, location was excellent, and breakfast was decent. I was very pleased with my experience!

Good accommodation for the price and very central. Basic breakfast was fine and plentiful. On third floor so a lift would have been nice but appreciate most residents are much younger and fitter than me!

• 19th Jul 2014

The noises in night made me feel crazy. One nigh there was even no electric. And l often got no hot water for shower.

Good value for money. We stayed in a private double which was a clean but cozy. The location is great and all facilities are up to the standard you expect at a hostel.

The room was very clean and the staff were very professional and so helpful. They were polite and accommodating and made the stay very enjoyable.

• 18th Jul 2014

Was good glad i chose this place.

• Wales

It was very, very hot. They told me someone in my room must have turned off a small fan, but a single fan would not have been sufficient to cool the room. They were quite nice, but do not expect much from the breakfast. Also, I was given a torn piece of paper with my room code, which was odd. Over all generally clean, and the beds had a surprising privacy and comfort.

• 17th Jul 2014

Many thanks for your comments. We purchased some quite large fans for the dormitory to help keep it cool. The dorm codes are normally written on the guests reciept, unless it's a group of people checking in at different times, then we do whatever is fastest.

My first stay in Hostel for nearly 10 years - it was very positive and I will return!

• 17th Jul 2014

Very clean place! Helpful staff!! Just that we need to pull our luggage to walk a little bit uphill road.

It's quite good. The dorms are crowded but big. In summer they can get a bit hot. The showers are not great. They're too small. I recommend it.

Off odours in the room (opening the window did not help)

• 15th Jul 2014

guests check out by 10am and check in from 12 onwards, I did notice the check in was at 12 and perhaps the room hadn't had time to clear all the odour from the previous occupant. We would urge all our guests to see reception if there is a problem with accommodation, we can then try to resolve the problem.

The free wifi wasn't working during my stay however it didn't affect us much. but if it was it would have been brilliant. Overall it was okay.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Located in a small alley tucked away behind some shops. 5 minutes walk to a super market and to the centre of town. A very good location. The rooms are clean and there is an individual power socket and reading lamp for each bed. There is breakfast every morning and the staff are really friendly. Definitely one of the best hostels i have stayed in.

Very co nvenient place I will be back

• 14th Jul 2014

Very helpful staff. The guy in the front desk changed my 14 mixed room to an only female room that was barely empty, just because he had the room and I was a girl traveling by myself. He also printed my traveling voucher at no cost.

The staff were really helpful and it was great value for money. I really enjoyed my stay!

• 12th Jul 2014

Our beds still had the dirty sheets on them when we checked in. The hostel staff brought us sheets and we made our own beds. The hostel was extremely hot due to the weather but the staff/ hostel didn't offer any fans. The doors to the dorms are locked with a security code. This could be a security issue if they don't change the code. I still have the code memorized. My husband also could never find the male only bathroom.

Many thanks for your comments. There was a mix up on the day between the cleaning staff and reception on what needed doing in the dorm, hence the sheets weren't removed off any beds as they thought a group was staying, I stripped the beds myself and provided fresh linen, guests always make their own dorm beds. The security codes are changed when we feel it's necessary, lockers are in dorms. There are no male showers, but mixed showers, the males use these as the females have their own.

There were flies everywhere.

• 11th Jul 2014

Flies always a problem wherever you go in the UK. It's a case of either keeping the windows shut which makes the room stifling hot, or opening the windows which lets them in. We do have fly killer at reception, but tend not to use it in rooms to often as some guests don't like it, it's also only a temporary fix for the ones in their and not the ones that may come in after.

Really great atmosphere. Amazing staff. Stayed twice now and will stay again next time in Bath

• 9th Jul 2014

A perfectly good place to spend a night or two - the room was nice, plenty big enough (private single room) and the shower/toilet facilities were clean and well maintained.

• 9th Jul 2014