Bauhouse Hostel & Bar Reviews

Benigno Malo 10-31, Gran Colombia, Cuenca, Ecuador

Nice hostel, clean, friendly staff and in a great location. Would definitely reccomend to anyone looking for decent budget hostels.

Great time here, would stay again for sure!

• 18th Nov 2015

Nice location and friendly staff. But there are only two bathrooms and they are dirty. Place is overpriced.

I had a great stay at the bauhouse hostel. the staff was incredibly friendly, the rooms were spacious and tidy and the facilities great. WiFi wasn't too good, but we weren't here to be on our gadgets all the time anyway :) perfect location, would definitely recommend this place to friends and other travelers!

One of my best stays in my last 6 months on the continent. The staff are really great, the breakfast of toast and eggs is great (though should start earlier than 8), the beds are super comfy, the showers are hot, the a great chill out room with DVDs, there's a decent kitchen and lockers, and it's completely central. Definitely has everything you need.

This place was ok. The walls of our dorm were pretty dirty. The wifi was awful for 2 of the days we were there. The last day it was good so I'm not sure if they fixed it or it was just spotty. Great location. Overall there might be some better choices in Cuenca but this one isn't bad.

Really helpful staff - great tips for restaurants, booked me a doctor's appointment (with an english-speaking doc!!), generally really friendly. They need to learn where 'gringo laundry' is for people like us who needed to wash clothes on a Sunday as it's the only one open. Free dinner one night which was nice. Overall really clean, modern and friendly :)

We had a really good time here, our one complaint is how cold it was in the dorms and shower.

Yeah, the internet was pretty awful. The one computer was always being used by one person. The beds are nice though.

It was a very nice stay!! We did a nice Pub Crawl, the staff what very nice and helpful! If you search a nice hip place to stay in Cuenca: Bauhouse is the one!

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Belgium

Spacious, clean hostel in a good location. Lacks atmosphere and natural light in common areas. The kitchen is next to a bedroom so only available for limited times.

Breakfast and location is good, 2 min away from the downtown. But only 2 bathrooms for nearly 20 people, always a queue for the shower, can imagine how the hygiene is. Staff cannot speak English.

super friendly staff, crappy wifi. location is superb.atmosphere in community rooms is rather "cold"

With breakfast and dinner included this place is more than decent value. Great location in centre of Cuenca and an easy 15 min walk from the main bus terminal. Staff were lovely and there are some nice social touches like communal xbox and free pub crawl. I heard a few people complain about cold showers but mine was fine. Extra hooks and more soap in the toilets would have been useful but in general this place was great.

My favorite Hostel in Ecuador. They have a cool TV room with a lot of movies, the breakfast is fine (it's a free breakfast, so don't expect a big buffet) help you with trips, staff is very nice. I liked my stay there