Bauhouse Hostel & Bar Reviews

Benigno Malo 10-31, Gran Colombia, Cuenca, Ecuador

Yeah, the internet was pretty awful. The one computer was always being used by one person. The beds are nice though.

It was a very nice stay!! We did a nice Pub Crawl, the staff what very nice and helpful! If you search a nice hip place to stay in Cuenca: Bauhouse is the one!

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Belgium

super friendly staff, crappy wifi. location is superb.atmosphere in community rooms is rather "cold"

With breakfast and dinner included this place is more than decent value. Great location in centre of Cuenca and an easy 15 min walk from the main bus terminal. Staff were lovely and there are some nice social touches like communal xbox and free pub crawl. I heard a few people complain about cold showers but mine was fine. Extra hooks and more soap in the toilets would have been useful but in general this place was great.

The hostel was modern and the staff was great. My one complaint was the cleanliness of the bathroom, they were constantly out of toilet paper and also the bins overflowing. It is a big hostel and it kind of explains it, however, they should then increase the amount of time the restrooms are checked and stocked. Also, it's on a main street, so in the morning traffic will probably wake you up, but it is a great location.

Overall a disappointing experience. Although reasonably priced and in an excellent location, we have had much better value for money in other hostels. The bathrooms were not clean and the shower room was almost constantly flooded. It was very difficult to track down staff, who didn't seem to spend much time at the reception desk and staff came across as disinterested and even rude at times.

Nice clean hostel, good location. Sometimes it's a bit hard to know who is staff and who isn't...but besides that everything ok!

Bauhouse was perfect for a quick stay. In a great part of town, really close to everything. Clean sheets and bathrooms and good breakfast in the morning. The staff is helpful, but not in your face. The hostel was kind of empty when I was there which was a bit spooky, but I had a HUGE room to myself!

Nice location near the square. Slow wifi. Helpful staff. Hostel was quiet when I visited mid week

A great hostel, fantastic breakfast, super friendly staff, comfortable beds and great location. 3 things would make it so much better: clean the bathrooms more regularly, add hooks in the bedrooms and bathrooms to hang things like towels, and add a light to the 9 bed mixed dorm (towards the back end of the room), I could hardly see a thing in the evenings. Apart from that, all good.

This hostel had an excellent location peefect for seeing the sightsand hanging out at he square. I as disappointed that the bar was not running. It would have been nice to have a beer. The hostel was very quiet and chill. Most guests were in bed by 11 and up by 7-8am. The hostel owners were friendly and knowledgeable.

Great beds and people working there. They are very helpful. The bathrooms should be cleaned often and much better.

Great location in the heart of Cuenca. I would say I enjoyed my stay, but one nights after one of the pub crawls failed to get anyone to buy a ticket. The staff got drunk with the alcohol they had for the pub crawl. It was awkward, and me and my fellow hostel mates were a little uncomfortable. Not completely uncomfortable, but something I feel is worth mentioning.

Breakfast is awesome. They had a free trafition Exuadorian breakfast one of the mornings I was there. Helpful and friendly staff.

Great staff organized events, free dinner on Friday night, and let me borrow a guitar!

It was my second stay here and I really enjoyed it. The hostel has now numerous activities every day and the members of the staff are realy cool and helpfull. The kitchen and all of the bathrooms are pretty clean.

This was a nice modern hostel. The staff were helpful, it was always clean and the beds were comfortable. The atmosphere in the hostel during our stay was not amazing but then again it was not overly busy and we actually enjoyed having a bit of time to ourselves. A good place to stay for a stopover in Cuenca.

The staff was great...so friendly and helpful! There wasn't much of an atmosphere when I was there, but that was probably just bad timing...everyone had just checked out after a big weekend. No laundry and $1.50 towel rentals were a big hassle!

A nice, modern and clean hostel near the centre of Cuenca. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Really nice hostel in the city center. Slept in the 9 bed dorm which was fine. Big room and no bunk beds. Nice atmosphere and everything looks really modern The staff is great and so helpful. Breakfast is decent and free. You can buy drinks at the hostel. Safety is good but some lockers are broken. But the bathrooms could be cleaner, maybe clean them more than one time a day with so many people using it. And the common area could be more comfortable so it is nicer to hang out there.