7.9
Very Good 168 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 168 Total Reviews
Bauhouse Hostel Located at Benigno Malo 10-31, Gran Colombia, Cuenca.
Ecuador
Cuenca Azuay Benigno Malo 10-31, Gran Colombia
79% 168
-2.8953595 -79.0044558
    Rooms available

4th Sep 2016

Good hostel. Nice staff. Good location. Has TV room with lots of DVDs. Cons: Have to pay extra for towels, limit to 5 minute showers. Worst spaghetti I have had in my life. That is quite a accomplishment since I am almost 50 years old and have ate a ton of spaghetti. Note: It was free, so not a compliant. However, pizza night for $3.50 was pretty bad. Summery: Fine place to stay, but don't buy any food there. Free breakfast is okay and mixed drinks are good.

• England, Male, 31-40
1st Sep 2016

Nice hostel, great location with helpful staff.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
27th Aug 2016

It was pretty good. Loved the Sunday dinner, met some cool people, no curtains on windows so very bright though and wifi wasn't amazing. Great location, but I was disappointed by the fact I wasn't told about the construction going on - not because of the noise but because no taxis would take me there from the bus station, just ignored me and told me to walk (at night with all my stuff). Finally got one to take me to the next block over - just a warning would've been nice.

13th Aug 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Very friendly staff. I had a yummy breakfast and all day coffee. I stayed for a delicious dinner with the staff and guest. We sat around the table and ate yummy veggies, home made tortillas and we shared great laughs. The lockers are broken in the inside back panel. Stuff fell down to the other locker #2underneath me. I used locker #1. Good thing no one had stuff under me. I was able to retrieve it. The bathrooms are not very private I can hear all

• England, Female, 31-40
7th Aug 2016
7.1

Ok. Good to meet young people. Not very clean.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
31st Jul 2016
8.0

Great location near the main plaza in Old Town. The staff were fine, none of them spoke English which was fine for me since I know spanish but I know some of the other people I was traveling with struggled with that. There were a lot of people staying here and the tv room was often full but somehow there still wasn't really a super social vibe. It's clean but it definitely still seemed pretty expensive. Beds are also that size smaller than a twin.

• charrr_evansx
  • England, Female, 18-24
28th Jul 2016
5.7

Woke up the first morning to water from the shower next door flooding into our room. Took 20 mins before anyone wanted to do anything. Also super super cold here. Toilets werent clean very often. Breakfast pretty poor.

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
24th Jul 2016

Great location, and clean too so this represents a great base to explore Cuenca from. We didn't spend long in the hostel and don't think you would want to as the bar isn't particularly big or comfy and there is no pool table etc. However there is loads to do in Cuenca so in terms of providing beds, breakfasts and showers this is a great stop.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
8th Jul 2016
8.0

The hostel is in a good location (3 minutes from the main square in Cuenca). Only one staff member spoke English, which I found shocking. They had hostel dinner one night, and that was lovely. The included breakfast was also decent. There was lots of dust in the corners in the dorms and our bathroom was constantly running out of toilet paper. Shower was decent though. Not sure I would stay again.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
8th Jul 2016
8.0

This was a nice place to stay. Good location a couple of blocks from the main plaza and huge dorms with plenty of space and big lockers as well. There wasn't much of an atmosphere here as not many people were staying but the staff are friendly and helpful. A lack of bathrooms and usually the bathrooms didn't have toilet paper or soap which wasn't great. However it was clean and the kitchen was good too.