Bavaro Hostel Reviews

Bavaro, entr. Los Corales, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

I stayed in a double ensuite with a shared bathroom. I have traveled plenty and stayed in a number of hostels, and rarely have I spent over $35/night and been unsatisfied. I must say my room for the cost was pretty disappointing. The bed was pretty disgusting with small little insects crawling inside the mattress with two absolutely filthy and stained sheets with walls covered in mold. For that kind of money, come on. Not that expensive to invest in new sheets and a little paint.

😊😊😊😊Great 😊😊😊😊

• 19th Nov 2015
  • Austria

Staff was very polite and helpful. The hostel is a 3 minute walk to the beach so you can't beat that! Be careful however, there is a guy who sells catamaran and island excursions, on the beach, right by the beach entrance. He sold us Sonoma island tickets and never turned in the money, so we got kicked off the transport because they claim we didn't pay. Buy your tickets from the hostel to ensure him doesn't rip you off.

I had a great time at Bavaro Hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. For the price it is absolutely value for money. In future though they should invest in Mosquito mesh on the window frames, and aircon will also go a long way. Overall, I had a good time, and the staff were great. The Hostel is kept very clean, and that meant allot.

• 26th Oct 2015
  • South Africa

Totally loved this location of Bavaro Hostel nestled away amongst the high priced resorts. The staff were welcoming, very accomodating and meeting up with other travelers who had also found Bavaro Hostel for similar reasons was refreshing. I would make the trip again to Bavaro Hostel when in Dominican Republic. Travel to know yourself better

• 26th Jul 2015

The owner was not the friendliest one the night we arrived. The reception was not open even though we indicated we were arriving fairly late in the evening. Luckily the cab driver let us use his phone to call the hostel and get them to open. The hostel needs some upkeep. Good location and awesome restaurant close by. Unfortunately the only real choice to stay in Bavaro on a budget.

Nice location, but the service of the staff was very poor

Lovely little place, glad we got the private room and was happily surprised it even had a couch! Lots of space, too bad we never had time to use the kitchen though. Kat's right next door is awesome and love their jalapeno sauce and burritos!!!! The little hut on the beach down the street that sells fish is awesome too!