Bavaro Hostel

Fabulous 196 Total Reviews
Fabulous 196 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 41+
20th Jun 2017

The location was nice. Staff was also friendly. The only thing that got to me were the mosquitoes..

12th May 2017

Nice location near the beach, live music, bakery and grocery store. The owner and staff was very helpful on getting around. They have great balcony to relax on when taking a break from the beach. A nice alternitive if you dont want to spend the money in an all inclusive resort but still want enjoy the same beaches.

• USA, Female, 18-24
10th May 2017

AMAZING! This hostel was so much fun! We met so many cool travelers/people. I would highly recommend this hostes to young adults who are traveling alone or with another person and are looking meet people/explore the DR. The hostel is right above a loud bar so if you don't sleep well or like to go to bed early baybe Bavaro Hostel isn't the best fit for you. But overall I loved it and would definatly stay again!

9th Apr 2017

It was a great location and worth the money. The shower water was only drawback. Not much of it and it smelled. Found out the shared room was as much as dorm if not full. Ask.

• Jamaica, Male, 31-40
27th Mar 2017
7.4

Most things were ok considering cost and location. Only big issue was cleanliness, specifically bathroom which smelled of stagnant water/drainage and the water itself, from shower or faucet also had an odor. I used it for showering only.

• Bulgaria, Female, 25-30
13th Mar 2017

The staff there is brilliant :) They were so nice and friendly and helped me a lot as I broke my leg during my stay there. They were so helpful so I really felt in good hands :) Thank you girls!

4th Mar 2017
8.0

It was a great hostel. I loved it's location.

10th Feb 2017
5.4

VERY LOUD. The mini mart and restaurant below played loud music all day and night, it was terrible. We upgraded to a room with AC which cost $10 more. Room was large and the bed was okay (only came with a sheet and 2 pillows). Bathroom was tiny and outdated/dingy. The kitchen was rusty and old, but had all the necessary appliances. Wifi only works in common area on 4th floor. So no wifi in our room. it is close to the beach and restaurants, but stay in airbnb for same price instead!

• USA, Male, 41+
23rd Jan 2017

I liked it so much that I decided to stay. I'm still here and could stay until Feb.17th.