Bavaro Hostel Reviews

Bavaro, entr. Los Corales, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

I really enjoyed the staff and the hostel is close to the beach

I've spent a couple of relaxing days in this area and the hostel was ok, nothing to complaint about it!

staff was awesome. place was great, but punta cana wasn't for me.

We truly enjoyed the friendliness of the Staff and guests - the atmosphere was collegial - I want to be in that hostel every time I will travel to Bavaro Beach - and will recommend it to all my friends too - Gill, Crystal, Natasha, Eva, all were superb people always helping, giving a hand, listening to your need and providing for comfort - very very enjoyable indeed - Thank you for find this truly beautiful place on earth for us - I consider the room MINE for ever - I want to be there always.

• 27th Jan 2014

Great Atmosphere and really close to the beach Maybe the room can be renovated a bit But overall great time there

Thanks so much Gill for making it possible to stay at the hostel. I had such a good time. You guys are so friendly that al the guests are very happy. Walking distance to the beach and all facilities, there is nothing to ask for. Best hostel ever!

Quick note- if you get there from the Expreso Bavaro bus, ask for Plaza El Dorado as a stop, then you just walk down the street with Danny's pub on your right, and it's on your right. Gill was amazingly helpful!!! She called her trusted motoconcho driver to take me to and from a restaurant because my Spanish is wretched and I was nervous about the motoconchos. Great location, only a couple blocks from the beach. (Nite: the larimar resort doesn't use wrist bands..I hung there 2 days.)

room was very dirty (blood and footprints on the walls, broken fan)so we asked to clean it. The room was cleaned only partially so we still had to clean it ourselves! Than we noticed that some of our money were stolen from locked room (300$ out of 1000$; thief though we wouldn’t notice – the usual way when staff is involved in rubbery) The hostel managers said it’s impossible and probably didn’t believe us. Some of them said that our complain looks like we wanted to cheat them to earn some money

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Ukraine

If this hostel wasn´t there, us backpackers wouldn´t have a place to stay in expensive PCana. Plus, it is within walking distance to a nice beach that is even safe to walk to, and be on, at night. This area of the DR is wall to wall resorts and fancy travelers so expect to pay more for everything from motos to food. The staff are very friendly and someone is always around. The kitchen is extremely tiny and a bit grotty, but bathroom was clean.

Planned to stay a week but after one day we decided to reduce our stay. The room was equiped with a cealing fan that sounded like an airplane, we couldn't have it on and it became too hot. The kitchen was very dirty and they didn't clean the apartment once. The staff was very friendly and you could ask anything. The location was okay, close to the ocean.

• 28th Oct 2013