Bavaro Hostel Reviews

Bavaro, entr. Los Corales, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

There are better places to stay. Staff was unfriendly, especially the weird hippy guy (the owner I guess). There is only one shower for a 12-bed dorm. Once it was broken, I waited for an hour if it would worked again, it didn't, so I used the other shower next to extra room. Nobody was using it and there was basically nobody in the hostel at that moment. After a quick shower the owner complained me a lot for using it. And the only shower for quests was out of order!

Good stay, great location, near the beach.

Not a bad place to stay in Punta Cana. Safe neighborhood, 5 minutes walking to the beach. Be aware of the mosquitoes! Bring your bug spray or be prepared to get bitten!!

Solid hostel. Nothing extraordinary but really good location a very short walk to the beach and many surrounding bars and restaurants. Not a "party hostel" as after ten they are fairly strict but polite on asking you to remain quiet in common areas. No big deal as you can get a group together and walk to restaurant next door and grab a hookah and talk. I'd stay again with location and price being what they are.

Perfect location! So close to the beach, grocery stores, restaurants: anything you could need! The couple that runs the hostel is friendly and helpful, even if a little disorganized. We stayed in a double room and were way beyond satisfied with our room. Thanks for a great vacation! If I ever come back to Punta Cana, I'll be sure to stay there.

• 1st Jan 2016

Staff was almost never available or at the reception desk. Anytime I needed assistance, no one was around. There was no locked room available to leave luggage if you needed to store bags after check out. We were locked out of the facility because we weren't given the right keys. Exact change is needed for everything. I have stayed at much better run hostels in the past and was really disappointed in the service.

• 30th Dec 2015

Location was awesome! A block from the beach and from supermarkets and restaurants. Staff was EXTREMELY knowledgeable and helpful. Building was well kept and very clean. Water pressure in the shower was low however, and there is no AC, but they do provide fans for each room. Beds were decent. If you stay in the dorms, you have to walk through each room to get to the bathroom. Atmosphere was relaxed and there's a wide range of books to read in the "lounge". Overall my stay here was great!

Everything went really smooth and hostel is in perfect location.

I stayed in a double ensuite with a shared bathroom. I have traveled plenty and stayed in a number of hostels, and rarely have I spent over $35/night and been unsatisfied. I must say my room for the cost was pretty disappointing. The bed was pretty disgusting with small little insects crawling inside the mattress with two absolutely filthy and stained sheets with walls covered in mold. For that kind of money, come on. Not that expensive to invest in new sheets and a little paint.

Just an amazing hostel all aroun do. Super friendly, knowledgeable, and dedicated staff. A cool vibe to stay in and a prime location as well. Everyday here was a dream.

😊😊😊😊Great 😊😊😊😊

• 19th Nov 2015
  • Austria

Staff was very polite and helpful. The hostel is a 3 minute walk to the beach so you can't beat that! Be careful however, there is a guy who sells catamaran and island excursions, on the beach, right by the beach entrance. He sold us Sonoma island tickets and never turned in the money, so we got kicked off the transport because they claim we didn't pay. Buy your tickets from the hostel to ensure him doesn't rip you off.

I had a great time at Bavaro Hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. For the price it is absolutely value for money. In future though they should invest in Mosquito mesh on the window frames, and aircon will also go a long way. Overall, I had a good time, and the staff were great. The Hostel is kept very clean, and that meant allot.

• 26th Oct 2015