Bavaro Hostel

Very Good 191 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 191 Total Reviews

9th Apr 2017

It was a great location and worth the money. The shower water was only drawback. Not much of it and it smelled. Found out the shared room was as much as dorm if not full. Ask.

• Jamaica, Male, 31-40
27th Mar 2017
7.4

Most things were ok considering cost and location. Only big issue was cleanliness, specifically bathroom which smelled of stagnant water/drainage and the water itself, from shower or faucet also had an odor. I used it for showering only.

• Bulgaria, Female, 25-30
13th Mar 2017

The staff there is brilliant :) They were so nice and friendly and helped me a lot as I broke my leg during my stay there. They were so helpful so I really felt in good hands :) Thank you girls!

4th Mar 2017
8.0

It was a great hostel. I loved it's location.

10th Feb 2017
5.4

VERY LOUD. The mini mart and restaurant below played loud music all day and night, it was terrible. We upgraded to a room with AC which cost $10 more. Room was large and the bed was okay (only came with a sheet and 2 pillows). Bathroom was tiny and outdated/dingy. The kitchen was rusty and old, but had all the necessary appliances. Wifi only works in common area on 4th floor. So no wifi in our room. it is close to the beach and restaurants, but stay in airbnb for same price instead!

• USA, Male, 41+
23rd Jan 2017

I liked it so much that I decided to stay. I'm still here and could stay until Feb.17th.

24th Dec 2016

I had a great time. Met amazing people and just loved it while i waa there!

• Dominican Republic, Male, 25-30
17th Dec 2016
7.1

Does the job. Nothing fancy. The water from the shower smelled weird, but used it anyway. Didn't brush my teeth though.

• USA, Female, 31-40
3rd Dec 2016
7.7

Location-wise, perfect! 5 min walk to beautiful beaches, a variety of places to eat within 2 min walk. Biggest disappointment: the bathroom for our private room was in a very bad state. The showerhead hardly released any water as there was a lot of lime buildup. Impossible to take a shower; therefore, had to wash my hair in the spout. This can be exhausting and time-consuming. Detachable showerheads are not THAT expensive, the owner should replace. There was also not any hot water EVER.

30th Nov 2016

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! Their new location is even nicer then the last and the staff is amazing! We can't wait to go back and stay at the Gava hostel. The couple is so seeet helpful and professional. The hostel itself is very secure clean and welcoming. You really do feel like you are at home when you stay at the Gava hostel. I tell everyone to stay here when visiting the Dominican Republic it's great to stay for a night or as long as you want. Love you guys xoxo...