Bavaro Hostel

7.6
Very Good 205 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 25-30
7th Aug 2017

I had a wonderful experience at bavaro hostel! The staff is amazing Tova and her mother are great ladies as well as all of the other workers. The place cute, tidy and I felt very safe there. The location is absolutely perfect just a couple minute walk to the beach, shops, bars and restaurants. I'll definitely stay there next time I'm in punta cana!

20th Jul 2017
2.0

Terrible. Worst hostel I've ever been in. Correction! Worst place I've slept in. So so dirty. Mattress is stained and smelly. Kitchen is very unsanitary. There is a nightclub very close to the hostel that plays very very loud music till 2 am in the morning. The app would not let me rate below 2 which is stupid. This place deserves a solid 0. I will rate hostel world poorly just because I chose this hostel based on your ratings!

• USA, Male, 31-40
14th Jul 2017
5.7

Nope. Never again. Pics don't look like the Hostel what so ever. Loud bar down below. music playing until about 4am. the water smells. I met a few people in another hostel who stayed and said it was just as bad. Location, location location. Can't complain about that though. bars, and beaches just steps away. Over all it's a hostel, I made friends and we went to the bars anyway. It's just a place to sleep. I wouldn't do more than 2 nights

7th Jul 2017
6.9

It was fine. The water smelled like poop but I guess that can't be helped. Toilet paper could have been better stocked, otherwise we got what we paid for!

• USA, Female, 41+
20th Jun 2017

The location was nice. Staff was also friendly. The only thing that got to me were the mosquitoes..

12th May 2017

Nice location near the beach, live music, bakery and grocery store. The owner and staff was very helpful on getting around. They have great balcony to relax on when taking a break from the beach. A nice alternitive if you dont want to spend the money in an all inclusive resort but still want enjoy the same beaches.

• USA, Female, 18-24
10th May 2017

AMAZING! This hostel was so much fun! We met so many cool travelers/people. I would highly recommend this hostes to young adults who are traveling alone or with another person and are looking meet people/explore the DR. The hostel is right above a loud bar so if you don't sleep well or like to go to bed early baybe Bavaro Hostel isn't the best fit for you. But overall I loved it and would definatly stay again!

9th Apr 2017

It was a great location and worth the money. The shower water was only drawback. Not much of it and it smelled. Found out the shared room was as much as dorm if not full. Ask.

• Jamaica, Male, 31-40
27th Mar 2017
7.4

Most things were ok considering cost and location. Only big issue was cleanliness, specifically bathroom which smelled of stagnant water/drainage and the water itself, from shower or faucet also had an odor. I used it for showering only.

• Bulgaria, Female, 25-30
13th Mar 2017

The staff there is brilliant :) They were so nice and friendly and helped me a lot as I broke my leg during my stay there. They were so helpful so I really felt in good hands :) Thank you girls!