Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

Cleanliness, hmmm. The bathroom did not have any handsoap nor did it have any towels or hand dryers. Informed front desk twice on two different days and they put a note for the cleaner but didn't work. Third time one of the staff puts only 2 towels and 2 soap bars for a 8 bedroom dorm bathroom.. Fitted sheets had shrunk and would hardly fit on the mattress and came off. Other than the place not being cleaned and maintained properly, the rest was OK. Abdullah at front desk was the most helpfull.

• 17th Aug 2015

Pretty solid hostel. Would stay here again. There's a great atmosphere with the bar, easy to meet people for a night out. Lockers are big enough for most bags, bathrooms are nice. Only downside is it's a bit far away from things, but it's fine. I enjoyed this place

Great location with good transport links. Main issue with the basement room is how big it is; we didn't get a chance to really talk to any one as there were always people asleep. Also very hot in summer. Good if you're literally after just a bed, but imo bit expensive for how much we paid per night. The bar is really nice and I would recommend going even if you aren't staying at the hostel.

Great hostel we really enjoyed it. Perhaps an included brrakfast would make it a little better value

Not a bad stay. Location was great, with plenty to do and train/buses only a short walk away. Worst thing was the staff. One really nice girl (Cant recall her name) all the rest were rude and had attitudes.

• 13th Aug 2015

my sister , my friend and me stayd in baxpax for 5 days and loved every second! the rooms were comfortable and clean. the hostel is located 2 train stops from the alexanderplatz. loved the location! the common areas are perfect for chillin' and meeting new people! the staff was very helpful and nice - especially abdulah who we met every day day and was super nice,helpful,available!!! His kindness toward us was above expectations!!!!he made our stay even more pleasant!!

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Israel

Good place to sleep, well located and the staff is really kind!

Nice hostel with a great social scene. Very well located, close to public transport and lots of restaurants. Staff were friendly and helpful. Berlin is a bit of a party town so expect people to be coming and going from your room at any hoyr, but I didn't have any problems.

Some of the staff were very rude. There was no air con and I was in the basement 30 bed dorm so asked the bar lady (Charlie, short black hair) for a glass of water and she snapped at me and tried to charge 0.50€ when the day before I'd had it for free. She was just rude and unwelcoming in general- don't understand why someone with little service skills was hired. Ruined our stay there.

• 7th Aug 2015

Berlin is Awesome.

Everything was really nice in this hostel and they have a good atmosphere! I would just recommend to invest in air conditioning.. The weather was SUPER hot and there was not AC towards the hostel. Also, the waiter in the bar at night was very rude many times with me and my friend, being even sarcastic sometimes when we asked some questions about the city... Didn't like him so much and I think he could be more polite with customers.

There had been some confusion with our reservation, which was lost despite an email I had sent detailing our change of arrival dates. The staff at hand worked very diligently to find us a spot, but I was a bit disappointed that the 40 person dorm I ended up in was the same price as the nicer one I was put into the next day. I suppose that's what happens when you're the last minute guest!

I didn't like the fact that you have to pay for your own sheets and then put them on yourself too! Also no air conditioning in summer was very difficult as there was absolutely no air in that room.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Staff were rude, unwilling to help. Except the Czec girl, she was nice. Great outdoor areas, plenty of people to chill with. The hostel could do with some organised activities, was told there would be a BBQ on the Roof on the 7th at 5pm but when we went up there the guy rudely told us "he couldn't be bothered turning the BBQ on and it would be easier if we just got food from the restaurant". Rooms were very hot, no aircon. 7/10, staff were the biggest negative.

Good clean and spacious hostel. Close enough to big train station. It doesn't have a kitchen but does offer cheap meals in the bar. I loved Berlin!

The staff was extremely rude they did not welcome me or explain house rules the bartender literally rolled his eyes at me when I asked him to fill my water bottle, and they treated me like I was stupid for asking questions. It ruined my trip a little. The facility was very clean so that is a huge plus. They put me in a room with only men, seems to be a thing after reading other reviews- I don't know what vibe they are trying to set. If you like clubs and drunk 19 yr old this is your hostel!

Overall a good hostel, just one staff member was very rude and didn't give guests the time of day.

Nice clean hostel with good facilities and very well located. However we found the staff to be rude and unhelpful. When interrailing a little bit of kindness and local knowledge goes a long way - something they don't seem to understand at Baxpax downtown! This really took from our Berlin experience. Will be visiting the city again but certainly not his hostel.

• 1st Aug 2015

The outside area is sick, very socialable and easy to get chatting to people. The food is good and reasonably priced. I stayed in the 40 bed dorm which was fine, except the air-con in there was very temperamental. The whole hostel needs more toilets, there are only two in the whole place.

Awesome vibe around the blow up pool. Huge backyard which is great to lounge around and chat to people. The 30 bed dorm was quiet, clean, and rested at a good temperature. Needs more toilets and staff need to be more upfront and informative about all the cool stuff there is to do in berlin.

• 31st Jul 2015