Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

Though everything else was perfect, the internet was one of the worse wifi connections I've ever seen since Bill Gates invented Microsoft.The passwords and logins they give us only worked for some min (I had to login again every 10min)and I could't get connection on the living room :( Also, it doesn't have plugs on every bed, just a couple on a wall and it's pretty much a competition with the others in the room.These are the 2 basic things on every hostel:good internet and plugs in every bed!

Good location, just in the city center, close to U-Bahn/S-Bahn station. Staff was friendly an helpful. Our room was big enough for our group. Genaraly I can recommend it to everyone.

Central location is the only great thing about this hostel. Very close to s-bahn Friedrichstrasse, not very far from Reichstag and Brandenburg gate (maybe about 20 min on foot or 10 min on s-bahn). But other things r not so great. There's no kitchen (!!!), only bar in the lobby. NOT even microwave oven, spoons or forks, or freezer!!! Also there's no wi-fi signal in thee big dorm in the basement. And most of all they will charge you approx 2 times more than this site says due to the city tax.Sad

Great stay at this hostel. We had an incident during our first night (sketchy roommate) and our situation was very well received by the front desk employees, who gladly moved us to a different room and ensured that the rest of our stay was comfortable. The staff at this hostel are AMAZING, adding to the incredible location and price. Thanks Baxpax!!

• 11th Dec 2014

1) Some of the bunk beds shake and make terrible noise. 2) The breakfast buffet for 6.5 Euros is way too expensive for what are included. 3) Some of the staff are not very friendly, as if they don't want to work there.

The location of the hostel is perfect, it's in the centre of Berlin city and close to most tourist attraction areas and the view from my room is great. The hostel is clean, the Playground area is cool, and the bar is nice. I like the hostel but there were not many travellers around that I can hang out with maybe because it's winter season. The only thing I don't like about this hostel is the room is very cold, there is only one heater in the big room. and it gets very cold at night!

Nice hostel, very beautiful and very clean. Also quite big, with 5 floors! One thing I didn't like was the WiFi login/password, because it changed everyday and you had to go downstairs to pick up another one... but the rest is quite good.

need more hooks in wash room. and kitchen?

The hostel was average. It was in a good location very close to the S and U Bahn station. However, I was disappointed with the fact that there was no kitchen available for guests to use. The hostel encouraged everyone to buy food from the resteraurant/pub that was in the hostel. The wifi system that the hostel used could have many Improvements as well. It was a bit annoying to keep logging in with a new username and password every day. It was just an average stay.

Hello, The hostel Baxpax Downtown, Berlin is fine and everything was OK. Prague, 24 Nov. 2014

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Bulgaria
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The reviews don't lie - the staff members here are not only rude, but hostile. I had a problem with my keycard and the woman at reception completely dismissed me. Throughout my stay, I witnessed the same blonde-haired woman flirting with all the male guests. It really gave the place an icky vibe. Your stay will vary based on what room you've booked. I stayed in a 6 Bed Female - the linen was provided and there were free lockers. For the bigger rooms, you have to provide your own lock.

The hostel itself is ok, nice entrance and the rooms are alright. Beware the bath, there was a ridiculous wall along the side that slanted inwards. I am a tall girl and was unable to stand straight in the tub without hitting my head on the wall. I have back trouble so this was not fun when it came to washing my hair, surely a shower unit would be far more sensible. Regarding staff, there is a blonde lady who has absolutely no people skills whatsoever, she alone made me want to stay elsewhere.

• 14th Nov 2014

great position in the middle of Berlin and very easy to reach by metro.

not that bad.. its ok..

A great hostel, with a brilliant location. The room was clean and the staff we're extremely helpful - they went out of their way to help us book an event as the pages were in German. Would 100% stay there again when I'm next in Berlin. I can imagine that it's even better during the summer months with the outside terrace area and probably more people around.

• 10th Nov 2014

The hostel is great! nice atmosphere, very nice lounge and bar, good staff. located right in the middle between the main station and the city center. dorms clean and big enough only things not really happy about: internet kept disconnecting, breakfast and bar prices a bit high

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. It was clean had excellent security and good staff. My two areas of improvement are, firstly there wasn't a kitchen to prepare your own meals so you had to eat out or eat in their cosmo lounge. So for someone on a budget this could be a big thing. Secondly, the price of the room doesn't include the city tax or bedding cost, both of which are compulsory, so would have been much better to include them in the whole price, not merely mention them in the fine print.

No kitchen, wi-fi and wlan is an issue and problem

Staff sucked with the exception of one girl, I got bed bugs, wifi blows, no lights in the dungeon (30 bed basement dorm). I don't normally complain, but I have zero nice things to say about this hostel.

I usually don't complain, but this hostel really set me off. With maybe 2 exceptions, the staff was rude, like it was a hassle for them to help you with anything. The wifi was the absolute WORST. It worked 50% of the time only in the common room. I got bed bugs in the basement 'dungeon' 30 bed dorm. (luckily the girl was very nice, acted swiftly, and let me change beds) The 30 bed dorm has no lights besides the bed lamp so you can't see anything. Not a social atmosphere either! I don't recommend

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4