Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

The reviews don't lie - the staff members here are not only rude, but hostile. I had a problem with my keycard and the woman at reception completely dismissed me. Throughout my stay, I witnessed the same blonde-haired woman flirting with all the male guests. It really gave the place an icky vibe. Your stay will vary based on what room you've booked. I stayed in a 6 Bed Female - the linen was provided and there were free lockers. For the bigger rooms, you have to provide your own lock.

The hostel itself is ok, nice entrance and the rooms are alright. Beware the bath, there was a ridiculous wall along the side that slanted inwards. I am a tall girl and was unable to stand straight in the tub without hitting my head on the wall. I have back trouble so this was not fun when it came to washing my hair, surely a shower unit would be far more sensible. Regarding staff, there is a blonde lady who has absolutely no people skills whatsoever, she alone made me want to stay elsewhere.

• 14th Nov 2014

great position in the middle of Berlin and very easy to reach by metro.

A great hostel, with a brilliant location. The room was clean and the staff we're extremely helpful - they went out of their way to help us book an event as the pages were in German. Would 100% stay there again when I'm next in Berlin. I can imagine that it's even better during the summer months with the outside terrace area and probably more people around.

• 10th Nov 2014

The hostel is great! nice atmosphere, very nice lounge and bar, good staff. located right in the middle between the main station and the city center. dorms clean and big enough only things not really happy about: internet kept disconnecting, breakfast and bar prices a bit high

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. It was clean had excellent security and good staff. My two areas of improvement are, firstly there wasn't a kitchen to prepare your own meals so you had to eat out or eat in their cosmo lounge. So for someone on a budget this could be a big thing. Secondly, the price of the room doesn't include the city tax or bedding cost, both of which are compulsory, so would have been much better to include them in the whole price, not merely mention them in the fine print.

No kitchen, wi-fi and wlan is an issue and problem

Staff sucked with the exception of one girl, I got bed bugs, wifi blows, no lights in the dungeon (30 bed basement dorm). I don't normally complain, but I have zero nice things to say about this hostel.

I usually don't complain, but this hostel really set me off. With maybe 2 exceptions, the staff was rude, like it was a hassle for them to help you with anything. The wifi was the absolute WORST. It worked 50% of the time only in the common room. I got bed bugs in the basement 'dungeon' 30 bed dorm. (luckily the girl was very nice, acted swiftly, and let me change beds) The 30 bed dorm has no lights besides the bed lamp so you can't see anything. Not a social atmosphere either! I don't recommend

Definitely a hotel with bunkbeds more than a hostel. Don't expect a normal backpacker hostel feel. The staff doesn't know too much about things to do, or seem to have much time to answer questions. The food and beer in the restaurant are not particularly cheap (especially for Berlin). But a nice place overall. The room was very nicely furnished, good views out the window (we were 5th floor). Facilities were good except for strange water saver showers that shut off every 30 seconds. Not bad.

The location is good and the rooms are a pretty good size. One of the staff members was absolutely horrible so overall thats what ruined it for me.

The place was super cute. Loved the bar here and was a great place to meet people. The vibe was great and the location was a ten minute walk to the main train station. The rooms were clean and spacious, bathroom was okay with a small shower.

• 9th Oct 2014

The hostel is very nice and clean, but it's so large that it's hard to get to know any of your fellow travelers. Also, the WiFi is complete bad.

Awesome rooms, toilet and shower in the room which was good and big lockers to put your stuff into, no kitchen though so you had to buy everything. The staff were pretty rude, lacked information, every time you asked a question it seemed like it was such an effort for them.

Good location, walking distance to most of the important sights we wanted to see. The staff seemed a little stressed out at times, but was nice nonetheless. Our room was really nice.

• 5th Oct 2014

One of the beds had some kind of bugs in the matress. Some of the staff could be better - in way of helping and straight answers and so on.

Not my cup of tea. A party hostel, no relaxing communal place or kitchen, no safe place to lock a bike. A very busy atmosphere, loud music, and a low lit room to sit and use the Internet. The dorm room was average no the cleanest buy spacious.

this hostel is more of a nice hotel! the rooms were very clean and the beds incredibly comfy. I stayed in a 5 bed shared and it was amazing for the price. There is a nice common area with pool table and a bar and lounge(slightly overpriced) free walking tours pick you up right at reception. the terrace and pool were closed even though it stated they were open when booking. overall I would recommend!

Such a cool vibe set by the team, grab a drink, socialize and head out with friends you've made throughout your stay. Very clean, comfortable and affordable! I was recommended to stay here and shall do the same for friends visiting Berlin. Thankyou

I enjoyed the time that i spent there, good location, food cheap and amazing. But the wifi was a problem in my room.

• 29th Sep 2014