Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

People came in and stole cameras and money from our rooms. poor security, easy to walk into the dorms. Good and nice rooftop bar. Expensive drinks

• 29th Jul 2015

A low rating is deserved here... The staff are not very friendly. No eye contact as they're speaking to you and they are rude when asked for directions. One morning while I was there, I witnessed some guests ask a staff member for a knife so they could cut open a couple buns. The staff then told the guest that they can't eat their buns in the hostel because they're serving breakfast. They made the guests sit outside to eat (like animals) because they weren't buying breakfast from the hostel.

Great hostel. Its only weak point is that some of the staff members are a bit rude.

Great atmosphere at BaxPax. We were in the 30 room hostel which was surprisingly nice and quiet and plenty of space for keeping big bags with lockers which could be locked if you brought a padlock. This big dorm was in the basement and didn't have any air con so was very warm but it was easy to keep cool using the sheet rather than the duvet. The common area was great for meeting new people and having a drink before going out. Very clean bathroom facilities and good to have fresh linen.

I stayed with my friend in this hostel just for one night. but we had the best time in there. staff were amazing, always kind. and the atmosphere was great too. i would stay there again.

Loved the hostel. Clean room, bathroom and toilet. Very good location near the friedrichstrasse. The lounge was perfect for a early morning cup of coffee.

• 19th Jul 2015

I really suggest this Hostel! And the localocation is great!

It would be nice if there were security or crew that comes in the room to inspect it (not the cleaning crew) because The first day I got there the room was trashed by 4 Irish girls staying there a few days before I got there. There were many drinks and alcoholic beverages multiplying every night until they left, which was a day before my departure. The cleaning crew cleaned up very nicely but to wait that long before they were gone was hell.debris and alcohol accrued from their arrival till dep.

Perfect as always :) love it !

Really great location, friendly staff, very clean and great facilities. If the weather is nice they open the rooftop terrace which has a very small inflatable pool and a bar which is really cool. I stayed in a two bed apartment which was also really nice and clean etc. I would recommend this hostel to young people that want a bit more luxury than usual hostels - still so much fun and would come back 100%.

No kitchen as there is a bar. The basement K room is so dark, as no main lights but the bedside lamps aren't that good.

Second time here and stayed in the large basement dorm - was perfect for me. The hostel has an always lively common room and bar, which is great for socialising and meeting other travellers. Staff are also good!

Good place to stay in an easily accessible location not far away from main public transportation and central Berlin historical places. Got an upgrade from dorms to private room due to some technical fault in the system :). Nice lively bar area and common room which is great for meeting people. Good value for money (y)

Good location. Great place to meet people if you are traveling alone. Walking tour and the pub crawl recommended by the hostel is good.

At check in, the girl didn't give me eye contact when telling me the "terms and conditions", all was said fast so i was a little confused. Another reception girl was dismissive when i was wanting to ask a Q. A girl asked politely for her glass of coke to be filled to the top ( not 2 thirds full, like the girl had filled it) and she messily poured it into an other smaller glass. She had angry vibes after, slamming drawers closed so i refrained from ordering anything after seeing her attitude.

Fantastic location, very helpful and friendly staff. All round great stay.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Baxpax Downtown Hostel, and if I'm coming back through Berlin, I'll know exactly where to book!

• 8th Jul 2015

Excellent Hostel with and excellent bar.

The hostel itself wasn't bad, it had a nice atmosphere and the communal area was very nice, really good for meeting new people. My main complaint was the 32 person dormitory, this was underground, without AC and there was no lighting, it was essentially a cave. Had I been above ground I feel I would've enjoyed the hostel significantly more, as the smaller rooms looked nice. The location wasn't brilliant for our needs (nightlife) but it wasn't horrific.

Staff are not very friendly or helpful, especially the brown haired lady at the bar during breakfast. Such a pity because the hostel is very nice otherwise.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5