Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

Loved the unique and welcoming atmosphere!

• 2nd Oct 2015

The staff are responsible and professional in general. Food / drinks sold in reception are also reasonably priced. However, the quality of the K-studio (the big room) is not very nice. Bunk beds make noise when you climb up on it, and wifi is not available in the room also. Cleanliness is average and it is very quiet (except when people climbing up bunk beds). But for the low price and the truly central location, you can't ask for too much.

I think it is unfair to charge taxes that never told me at the moment I was going to pay. I also think that the staff at front desk should be able give me a fast solution instead of asking me to write e-mails to their boss. Even when I was told that this wasn 't The first time they had problems of this type.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Argentina

DO NOT STAY HERE. While the facilities and location are good, the rest of the hostel is terrible. 1) You have to fill out a unnecessary paper form when you come in. Very pointless. 2) Wifi requires a printed paper with a code that expires every 24 hours, so you wake up in the morning and have to walk down to get a new paper code. 3) Toilets require a keycard and you can only use the one assigned to your room. 4) Shower is like a prison shower and not good. 5) You have to put sheets on your bed.

'tell us abut your best s**t via facebook' on a promenent sign, and techno beat music at breakfast. Staff said the owner required it. I thiink trying a little hard to be HIP.

good hostel, had a great time. They charged you for everything. Would stay again if i'm back in Berlin.

I wasn't impressed, especially not for the price. I can say that the location is good, near public transport and the iconic tower, and that everything was fairly clean. However, that's about all I can say. Some staff are very helpful; some look and act like they couldn't be bothered. The quality of everything is sort of a mixed bag. "Good enough" is the best I can do for these guys.

We stayed in the 30 person dorm, which oddly enough was quiet and peaceful. It was just a place to sleep. So we expected a fun group to be in the main lounge. Although there was a nice social setup, no one was enjoying it. the lockers on some of the beds were missing the door. So your stuff was exposed to anyone. Even if they did have a door, many of the lockers were way too small for backpacks. Conceptually it was a cool- we may have had bad timing

The room smelled like someone's dirty gym socks, mixed with diarrhea and sweat, same with the bathroom. I'm not saying staff can regulate personal hygiene, but why did they continue to close the door and windows when someone tries to air it out? It was so disgusting I had to sleep with a friend in another room in her bed the second night of my stay, it was unbearable. A staff member came up to settle Issues with sleeping arrangements at 1 am, but was so loud speaking while people were sleeping.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Poland

God, clean hostel that is affordable as well. And the location was perfect for getting around and getting to know the city on feet.

In a four bed room there are only 3 lockers! No toilet on main floor where restaurant and bar are at.

The amount of deposits needed was ridiculous-22.50 Euros worth of deposits! 10 Euros for the key to the luggage room (I'd arrived before the room was ready and so had to check in my bags) Then 5 Euros for the room key, 5 Euros for the locker and 2.50Euros for the sheets! Staff were very unfriendly and I wasn't allowed to have my water bottle filled at the bar without buying anything??? Also there are NO computers. Heart of Gold hostel is just one road away, friendly staff + computers +free water

The steel bunk beds are very noisy and annoying. I didn't sleep well in the two nights I stayed. Staff were friendly but I recommend during check in to go through the facilities and breakfast/meals etc. I had to figure this all out on my own. I didn't feel comfortable here after staying at Wombats down the road which had a great vibe and wooden bunks. Breakfast at Baxpax was too pricey for what was available. 6.50 euro for a buffet was ridiculous. It wasn't a buffet at all. I won't be back.

• 21st Sep 2015

I had possessions stolen whilst staying at this property. I don't hold the hostel responsible for this though found out when dealing with police that the hostel don't cross reference people's passports with the information they have given. Perhaps if this was done correctly and not merely staged it would act as a deterrent to would be criminals choosing to stay here. With the small exception of one maybe two staff the rest are quite useless disinterested not very helpful. Facilities are clean.

Very nice hostel. just some problens: The beds do too much noise. only one bathroom for 8 people is not enough. Very difficult to meet people if you are traveling alone.

Nice hostel, conveniently located. Beautiful bar/lounge/outdoor area. Room was nice and clean. Only drawback is there is no kitchen - but there is plenty of places nearby to eat or you can eat breakfast/lunch/dinner at the hostel as they serve meals. Breakfast buffet available for 6.50e - breads, fruit, yogurt, cereal, coffee, tea, spreads. You can get some hot food extra too.

Very easy to get to from the train station. Maps available for free. K Studio we stayed in was nice and clean but sometimes chilly, no massive problem for us though. Good facilities and WI-FI though WI-FI didn't reach the K Studio. Restaurant was good value for money and the common room was great. Overall a great stay and would definitely return.

I stayed in the basement room which had no artificial lighting so was permanently dark and therefore pretty depressing. the breakfast was pretty expensive and the staff were cold and not friendly.

Great hostel and did the job

The hostel has a GREAT location but the fact they charge for linen -and they don't let you bring your own!- was a big downside. The room wasn't very clean, though I've seen worst and the bathroom in suite oftenly didn't have soap or paper. The breakfast wasn't included but they have broad and cheap options. I've been in his hostel in the past and though this time it wasn't a terrible experience, used to be a better hostel as far I remember (cleaner and without extra charges at least)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7