Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

I wasn't impressed, especially not for the price. I can say that the location is good, near public transport and the iconic tower, and that everything was fairly clean. However, that's about all I can say. Some staff are very helpful; some look and act like they couldn't be bothered. The quality of everything is sort of a mixed bag. "Good enough" is the best I can do for these guys.

We stayed in the 30 person dorm, which oddly enough was quiet and peaceful. It was just a place to sleep. So we expected a fun group to be in the main lounge. Although there was a nice social setup, no one was enjoying it. the lockers on some of the beds were missing the door. So your stuff was exposed to anyone. Even if they did have a door, many of the lockers were way too small for backpacks. Conceptually it was a cool- we may have had bad timing

The room smelled like someone's dirty gym socks, mixed with diarrhea and sweat, same with the bathroom. I'm not saying staff can regulate personal hygiene, but why did they continue to close the door and windows when someone tries to air it out? It was so disgusting I had to sleep with a friend in another room in her bed the second night of my stay, it was unbearable. A staff member came up to settle Issues with sleeping arrangements at 1 am, but was so loud speaking while people were sleeping.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Poland

God, clean hostel that is affordable as well. And the location was perfect for getting around and getting to know the city on feet.

In a four bed room there are only 3 lockers! No toilet on main floor where restaurant and bar are at.

The steel bunk beds are very noisy and annoying. I didn't sleep well in the two nights I stayed. Staff were friendly but I recommend during check in to go through the facilities and breakfast/meals etc. I had to figure this all out on my own. I didn't feel comfortable here after staying at Wombats down the road which had a great vibe and wooden bunks. Breakfast at Baxpax was too pricey for what was available. 6.50 euro for a buffet was ridiculous. It wasn't a buffet at all. I won't be back.

• 21st Sep 2015

I had possessions stolen whilst staying at this property. I don't hold the hostel responsible for this though found out when dealing with police that the hostel don't cross reference people's passports with the information they have given. Perhaps if this was done correctly and not merely staged it would act as a deterrent to would be criminals choosing to stay here. With the small exception of one maybe two staff the rest are quite useless disinterested not very helpful. Facilities are clean.

Very nice hostel. just some problens: The beds do too much noise. only one bathroom for 8 people is not enough. Very difficult to meet people if you are traveling alone.

Nice hostel, conveniently located. Beautiful bar/lounge/outdoor area. Room was nice and clean. Only drawback is there is no kitchen - but there is plenty of places nearby to eat or you can eat breakfast/lunch/dinner at the hostel as they serve meals. Breakfast buffet available for 6.50e - breads, fruit, yogurt, cereal, coffee, tea, spreads. You can get some hot food extra too.

Very easy to get to from the train station. Maps available for free. K Studio we stayed in was nice and clean but sometimes chilly, no massive problem for us though. Good facilities and WI-FI though WI-FI didn't reach the K Studio. Restaurant was good value for money and the common room was great. Overall a great stay and would definitely return.

I stayed in the basement room which had no artificial lighting so was permanently dark and therefore pretty depressing. the breakfast was pretty expensive and the staff were cold and not friendly.

Great hostel and did the job

The hostel has a GREAT location but the fact they charge for linen -and they don't let you bring your own!- was a big downside. The room wasn't very clean, though I've seen worst and the bathroom in suite oftenly didn't have soap or paper. The breakfast wasn't included but they have broad and cheap options. I've been in his hostel in the past and though this time it wasn't a terrible experience, used to be a better hostel as far I remember (cleaner and without extra charges at least)

Stayed in the K studio and it was very comfortable and clean. My stuff was fine but a few people experienced robberies, this isn't the hostels fault but some of the staff were unhelpful and rude about it. Apart from that I would recommend it, great atmosphere!

Had a good stay here, however feel it is best to stay here on the weekend when there is the most atmosphere. Everything was really great except minor negatives like there was no hand soap in the bathrooms and you needed to go downstairs to reception everyday to log into the wifi. The facilities were otherwise really good, liked the restaurant and sports TV. The rooftop is only open on certain days. The staff were mostly good but not amazingly helpful.

amazing hostel, had a really good vibe and good communal areas so easy to meet people. separate locker room so you know your things are secure, good location and easy to find things to do if you're a solo traveller. just wish i could have stayed longer!

Front desk was helpful but could be more warm. I appreciate their help.

Good location, very clean and had a nice atmosphere going. Fairly close to Friedrichstraße station, which makes it very easy to get to pretty much anywhere in Berlin via the S and U-bahn. Staff were unhelpful at times though, and on the whole were not very friendly. Overall had a good time at this hostel.

Cleanliness, hmmm. The bathroom did not have any handsoap nor did it have any towels or hand dryers. Informed front desk twice on two different days and they put a note for the cleaner but didn't work. Third time one of the staff puts only 2 towels and 2 soap bars for a 8 bedroom dorm bathroom.. Fitted sheets had shrunk and would hardly fit on the mattress and came off. Other than the place not being cleaned and maintained properly, the rest was OK. Abdullah at front desk was the most helpfull.

• 17th Aug 2015

Pretty solid hostel. Would stay here again. There's a great atmosphere with the bar, easy to meet people for a night out. Lockers are big enough for most bags, bathrooms are nice. Only downside is it's a bit far away from things, but it's fine. I enjoyed this place

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7