Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

Very nice!

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Greece

This hostel is in a great location, within walking distance to many areas. The atmosphere of the hostel itself is quite nice as well. It's very easy to meet people, chill out, or have a beer. There aren't adapters on all of the top bunks which could be a concern. Also, the bunk beds are extremely squeaky. Overall this is a great hostel and I would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel! This is my second time in Berlin and I'll definitely consider returning to this hostel. The food isn't too bad and the beer prices are reasonable.

• 15th Apr 2015

Excellent atmosphere with a pub\restaurant in the same building and a very good living room which makes everyone comfortable. Staff was very helpful. Near to the train and metro station.

The bathroom and shower facilities were very clean and very nice. I was a little nervous to stay in a room with 30-40 other people but it was kept dark and quiet at all times which was nice because I was only there for sleeping. They had a very nice and welcoming game room/reception to hang out. I was impressed by the staff and the overall vibe of the place. I HIGHLY recommend!

• 6th Apr 2015

Great hostel! Might be the best ive ever stayed in. 10 min walk to brandenburg gate, super confortable beds, super clean showers. Bar and hang out area was really fun too.

The hostel is well fitted out and spacious. Food and drink continuously available. Position within walkin g distance of the attractions perfect (though trams a bit complex!) Disadvantage is that the attractions of Berlin are not so attractive. City centre is heavy and over built. The real attractions of Berlin are the Berliners, & you must go further out to find the atmosphere. Most staff were foreigners, & their knowledge of the city unreliable. The local Germans were far more friendly.

Very nice hostel..... Around all points interest... island. museum

It wasn't possible to get into the terrace for the view of the city. They have lockers but don't even sell or rent padlocks to close them. And when we arrived they made us pay the full amount even though we already payed a deposit online Saying that we just pay a tax for the online booking. But in the website there was written something different..

I never had a friendly interaction with the staff. They asked us for our passport number upon arrival and when I asked why they would need such a thing, the woman at the front desk didn't have a reason except for "It is just going to sit in a box in the basement". Super sketchy. Also, one of our key cards stopped working and when we went to the front desk to ask them to fix it, the woman never asked us our names or any type of verification to make sure we were getting the key to the right room.

Twice I had to switch rooms because people either weren't checked out or the staff made a mistake in assigning rooms. I can understand things like this happen but the staff was extremely rude and treated it like it was my fault and not a mistake on their end. The first hostel staff I've ever felt like that didn't care about their guests.

I had a really good time at Baxpax Downtown. Even though the staff was extremely busy they still were very lovely and helpful and helped me wherever they could. Thaaaanks guys

I love this hostel

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Scotland

The 32 bed dorm room really makes you feel like a second rate citizen. It's in a basement with no windows and no room light, there was rubbish on the floor, and the shower is timed to turn off every 20 seconds (I counted, it was always the same). Also had trouble sleeping on a bunk that shook a lot.

The staff was very friendly. Superb location. My 3rd time in this hostel and still impressed by the conditions.

Just a pretty average hostel. It's outside of Venice, but only a 3 minute walk from the Venezia Mestre train station. There's a pretty big grocery store near by. The lockers in the rooms were definitely not big enough. The rooms were fairly clean, but the common area was as nice. There was always some sketchy looking guys hanging around the lobby late at night, but I guess that's not the hostel's fault. It was also pretty expensive, but I went during Carnevale, so that might have been the reason

The hostel was overall a positive experience, not the best in the world but it was still a nice stay! The rooms and bathrooms are kept clean and the staff was generally friendly but not overly helpful. It was probably just the week we were in Berlin, but we didn't meet many other travelers. The bar downstairs has a pretty good selection of beer, but it closes relatively early. The shower was set up so that you had to press the knob but it would turn off after a few seconds.

I enjoyed a lot my stay at Baxpax Downtown Hostel !

• 14th Feb 2015

A very nice hostel with a nice club vibe. Nice enough staff in comparison to the average disinterested hostel staff person. The wifi is currently not working very well and required frequent logging in.

I had the following experience: When I got to the hostel there were no towels available for renting so I had to buy a towel in a shop (10€). In the bathroom belonging to my room there was a woman - which was not in my room - she wouldn't leave the shower saying she was meditating, and accusing me that I was on drugs. In my room there was two guys drinking beer and smoking for the whole afternoon. (the hostel is supposed to be nonsmokers). The staff is terribly rude AND SLOW.

• 6th Feb 2015