Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

Good quality international stream of women,

It was too institutive. The staffs were not friendly. No friendliness, all about money. Pay and do whatever you want. But there were a good common area with pool and other games. People hang on, so it was good to make friends. Wi-fi cannot be used in downstairs.

The main guy was great, but all the other staff was entirely unhelpful or just plain rude, they always acted like I was inconveniencing them when I asked for anything, even a beer! (a beer which took 15 minutes to arrive as I watched the bartender chat to her friends)

• 16th Aug 2014

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed in, in fact it beats the majority of hotels I've stayed in and at the fraction of the price! The friendly atmosphere of the hostel was the best, the staff were great and I've made friends from all over the world who I will be keeping in contact with.

central place to stay and really cheap if you stay in the 30 p - dorm. I found bedbugs in my bed and showed it to the people working there and they did not act on it as a serious matter for us travellers which really bothered me. After a discussion I managed to get another bed but they didnt really clean out the contaminated one properly. Cheap and clean-ish and a pretty hipp atmospehere.

This is my second time inter railing and this is definitely one of the more up market hostels I've stayed in. The bar is nice and there is a good seating area outside (they also have a roof terrace but it is not always open which is a bit annoying.) the hostel is clean and ran efficiently but is lacking character and the staff are generally quite protentious and not very helpful, verging on rude. But if you're willing to pay a bit more its a decent hostel that just needs some life injecting in!

The front desk staff were very helpful and patient with our many questions. My only complaint was that the AC in our room didn't work, even after the handyman came up several times to look at it (he had to remove shattered mirror parts a previous guest had put in the vent to avoid a fine??). We had to open the door to the hallway during the middle of the night to make the room the room a bearable temperature to sleep, but it doesn't seem like that's the norm.

Pros: the hostel had a great location that was easy to access from the main train station. It was close to 2 subway lines. The room was clean and the ensuite was great, however make note that not all rooms offer an ensuite. Cons: While the hostel warned of a linen charge, the city tax was not included in the price thus increasing a two night stay by 5€/pers. Breakfast is not included but also not worth the price you pay. The hostel was terribly understaffed and not very prompt with service.

Having to pay "taxes" upon arrival srivethe price up almost 20%. I didn't appreciate choosing a hostel based on price to then have unknown taxes sprung on me. Don't hire towels/sheets, they also charge taxes (around 95%) on those too!! 30 bed was clean and good enough for the one night I spent there.

I really had some good time at the Baxpax Downtown Hostel and I met many interesting people. The hostel isn't far from sites of interest. However, a microwave for backpackers is really missing and if something could be done about this, that would be great.

I really enjoyed this hostel. The staff were very cool and while sometimes the service was lacking I believe that was due understaffing and not the actual staff. The wifi was only good in the lobby and I would have liked it if breakfast was served before 8. However the atmosphere was excellent. This is definitely a party hostel and you will meet new drinking buddies every night.

Im not sure I would stay here again. The location is pretty good but the place is expensive. 7 euros for breakfast!! Also, some of the staff werent very friendly. A girl who worked at the bar one night just had a bad attitude and another guy gave me a hard time about filling my waterbottles from the tap because "his boss wants him to make money." So rude.

This place was a little trio alternative for me. Down in the common areas, it was all dark, like the lighting at a bar. It was like a bunch of people just sitting in their too-cool-for-the-world cave, getting drunk. The dorms themselves were nice and comfortable. The staff was polite, but not particularly friendly. Breakfast was way overpriced, so I always went somewhere else to eat.

We stayed in the 32 bed dorm - was interesting, not as friendly as we thought because there seems to be too many people to interact properly. But we had a really good time - the rooftop and back outside areas are lovely. Close to a train station so you can get wherever you need to go, in walking distance to Museum Island and many other sites.

The hostel is worth the price, but keep in mind that there is no air-condition and you have to sleep with open windows if it's hot outside. In this case you'll have an awful night as drunk guests will make a lot of noise in front of the hostel all night long. Still don't know why the staff doesn't intervence...

Baxpax was not good. Staff (except only 1-2) were terrible. If you stood at the desk to ask a question they would not speak to you. Not even acknowledge you. They seemed to not want to help and could be very rude. Wifi was also very bad and slow. Rooms were boiling! No aircon, just a sweat box. No of my mates who staid there rated it.

• 18th Jul 2014

Really good hostel, excellent location near restaurants And 10 min to brandembour gate. Very clean And Nice atmosphere, the staff Are helpful. Also has a terrace and a playroom. Recomendable

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Annoying that the hostel made us change rooms between our nights stay. The hostel staff weren't as welcoming and friendly as some of the other hostels we have stayed in, although overall everything concerning checking in was good.

Stayed in the 30-bed mixed dorm here and, coming from a 22 y/o on a tight budget, I thought it was pretty good value for money. Other than only being able to use the wifi upstairs near reception, the main thing that turned me off was how dark it was in the dorm - even during the day. Each bed has a small light but even with that on I found myself struggling to find things in my bag. Other than that, a good and very affordable in a great location (an S-Bahn is just round the corner).

I stayed in their 30 bed dorm which wasn't bad at all. You had your own cubicle of 4 with lockers beside your bed - lockers was a decent size. Situated near a main train station (Friedrichstrasse) which is convenient if you're coming from the train or airport. There is an elevator which was convenient because I had a 30kg suitcase with me. The only slight negative thing to say was the wifi kept dropping out everytime and the powerpoints were in one corner of the cubicle of 4.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5