Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel

8.1
Fabulous 4483 Total Reviews

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
21st Jun 2017

Excellent location, plenty to do even just in the hostel, bar is great, staff helpful, in the centre of everything

18th Jun 2017
6.6

Staff told me to write a good review as I was leaving. It's in a good spot in Berlin, very close to everything. But nothing special. Didn't interact much with staff, there wasn't much atmosphere. Just a good place to sleep.

• USA, Male, 25-30
15th Jun 2017

The staff was amazing! I was a traveling solo and it was my first time to Berlin. The staff made me feel right at home, shout out to Chris. Good communal spaces and the café is reasonably priced. It is centrally located, which allowed me to walk to all the touristy spots I wanted to see (from the Berlin Wall to the Jewish museum). Will stay there again if I find myself in Berlin again.

14th Jun 2017
6.6

The people who stay here great, but it's in a very residential area so all the social areas in the hostel are dead very early or the neighbors complain. My card reader to get into my room wasn't working 3 days in a row and they never bothered to change the batteries (which they told me they didn't have the right size, umm then go buy some??) the showers are the lush kind and turn off every thirty minutes. The staff was nothing great, mediocre at best.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
14th Jun 2017
5.4

nice peeps staying at the hostel. location was good, v near public transport. however, the staff were less than satisfactory - most of them were vague and disinterested and me and my friend felt that they didn't really care about us. the room smelt really really bad and there was no soap in the bathroom. also we booked for 3 nights and were moved to another room on the 2nd, meaning we had no access to a room for a day. quite expensive for what it was. bad vibes, would not recommend :(

12th Jun 2017
6.0

Cool place but the staff are awful... Very passive-aggressive and not willing to help. Would not recommend to first time travellers in Berlin!

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
11th Jun 2017

Great hostel in great location. Thanks to Anthony for the upgrade as well

• masonjpn
  • England, Couple, 18-24
8th Jun 2017
7.4

Best things about this hostel are it's location and atmosphere. However something's did let it down. For example in the 8 bed mixed dorm, there were no plugs near the bed and even then there was only about 3/4 in the room near the door and poor wifi in room. Also for a 8 bed dorm, there were only 6 lockers leaving two without. Some of the staff members are not very nice but some of them are great and really friendly. Breakfast was pretty good and value for money.

• England, Female, 18-24
5th Jun 2017
6.0

Room was very very hot. Would not recommend during the summer months as you were left no option but to sleep in boxers but even that didn't help. You get what you paid for but didn't appreciate the concierge trying to rip me off my deposit. Only €10 but left a bad taste. As said before, you get what you paid for. Location is decent though so not all bad.

• England, Female, 18-24
5th Jun 2017

I stayed in Baxpax for 4 nights by myself, and I had such a good stay there. The staff were really helpful and friendly, the rooms were really clean and the food was really good too. Location is perfect and it's really easy to meet people around the hostel too.