Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

The staff is just great! Lovely people and a great help!

this hostel is just great!

Great location, clean rooms, nice stuff and cheap prices. I was completely satisfied during my stay at baxpax downtown hostel.

• 19th Nov 2015

We had fun at Baxpax. The receptionist were always helpful, giving hints and and ideas of where to go see the sights. The room was clean and tidy. We were very safe in the area, taking walks in the evening until late. Had a pleasant stay. Thank you!

• 16th Nov 2015
  • South Africa

It was a great experience in the large room, even with a minor issue we had, which was quickly resolved. The only issue is that there is no wifi down there, and in order to use the outlet, you need to go upstairs or unplug your bed light. The free walking tour stops by here, and Museum Island is only about 5-10min away, walking.

There were only two staff members who were nice. Everyone else was rude. You can't take your own food and had to buy their microwaved cuisines and drinks are well overpriced. Beds are squeaky and uncomfortable and you had to wait for 7 other people to shower and primp before you could use the bathroom. Lots of sneaky charges and zero atmosphere. Not recommended for solo travellers.

Amazing hostel, first of all is very well located , the staff speaks several different languages , the rooms have their own shower inside which makes it very convenient , lastly the atmosphere is great !

For the price u pay u don't get your money's worth. The only good thing about this hostel is its amazing location. I stayed in a 6 female dorm, it was clean and the beds were relatively comfortable. I found most of the staff were good with local info. The hostels shower is bad! Push button for 30seconds - ! The prices for breakfast, lunch and dinner arent hostel prices.No kitchen - but most hostels in Berlin don't have them. the worst thing - no atmosphere! Organised tour would b nice

Awful. No kitchen, terrible showers, about 3 power points in a room of 8 and none in the bathroom and the staff, oh my god the staff, they made you feel like you were a problem they had to deal with(except for about 2 who were good). 'Like ugh, you want to buy food? Hurry up I have to update my Facebook status UGH'. It's like they had a bunch of money so they made this elaborate bar, put on some hip beAtz then said 'well that'll do, throw some beds upstairs and let's exploit some travelers'.

K-studio, big room is in basement. If you want to book, you need to think if you want to stay in basement. Location is good.

Baxpax was great! The staff was very friendly, the facilities were clean, and the breakfast was so cheap! I would definitely stay here again.

Was dissappointed with the wifi quality, especially because the wifi did not work in my room and the common area felt to small for the amount of guests staying at the hostel. The hostel was advertised on hostelworld as having a sauna which was the main reason we chose this hostel, but when we arrived found out that was not true. The bathrooms in the rooms did not have soap and at one point no toilet paper. The location was the only good thing about this hostel.

staff wasn't too friendly, and the people who were there at the time were rude and loud, coming in at all times of the night having no respect for those who were sleeping.

Very informative and helpful staff! The hostel's interior is really nice. The k-lounge is really big but it is cheap for a location like that. I missed having our own kitchen but the food they offer is good. I can't stress the friendly and hip, good-looking staff enough :) I will definitely recommed it to my friends!

Good location in the city with a pretty good breakfast. Clean and close walking distance to Brandenburg gate

Loved this place!clean, great location, friendly and helpful staff

Loved the unique and welcoming atmosphere!

• 2nd Oct 2015

The staff are responsible and professional in general. Food / drinks sold in reception are also reasonably priced. However, the quality of the K-studio (the big room) is not very nice. Bunk beds make noise when you climb up on it, and wifi is not available in the room also. Cleanliness is average and it is very quiet (except when people climbing up bunk beds). But for the low price and the truly central location, you can't ask for too much.

I think it is unfair to charge taxes that never told me at the moment I was going to pay. I also think that the staff at front desk should be able give me a fast solution instead of asking me to write e-mails to their boss. Even when I was told that this wasn 't The first time they had problems of this type.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Argentina

DO NOT STAY HERE. While the facilities and location are good, the rest of the hostel is terrible. 1) You have to fill out a unnecessary paper form when you come in. Very pointless. 2) Wifi requires a printed paper with a code that expires every 24 hours, so you wake up in the morning and have to walk down to get a new paper code. 3) Toilets require a keycard and you can only use the one assigned to your room. 4) Shower is like a prison shower and not good. 5) You have to put sheets on your bed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7