Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

Such a cool vibe set by the team, grab a drink, socialize and head out with friends you've made throughout your stay. Very clean, comfortable and affordable! I was recommended to stay here and shall do the same for friends visiting Berlin. Thankyou

I enjoyed the time that i spent there, good location, food cheap and amazing. But the wifi was a problem in my room.

• 29th Sep 2014

Cool place! Good location, clean, good safety stuff, nice chill out areas and a bar !! Really good value for money!!!

Had a great time here. The bar area was great for meeting people and had a great atmosphere. Safe

It's a cool set up but some of the staff are really rude. The bar is good and the games room is cool. It's a bit out of the way in terms of location and wifi doesn't work in the big dorm

Hostel didn't have sauna working when I was there although advertised. And that sauna was the make or break for me. Compulsory bed linens means the price was more than I expected to pay. There was also no kitchen which should be compulsory in all hostels unless they offer free breakfast. They most likely don't have a kitchen to force you to eat at the attached restaurant. Definitly would only stay here because of the good location. There are better hostels in berlin and for cheaper, avoid if can

• 22nd Sep 2014

The best place to stay.

Good location, but no kitchen made a longer stay at the hostel very expensive.

Supposedly a hostel. But no kitchen. They could of offered discount at the bar considering we had to eat there. One of the bar staff was kinda weird too

Good quality international stream of women,

It was too institutive. The staffs were not friendly. No friendliness, all about money. Pay and do whatever you want. But there were a good common area with pool and other games. People hang on, so it was good to make friends. Wi-fi cannot be used in downstairs.

The main guy was great, but all the other staff was entirely unhelpful or just plain rude, they always acted like I was inconveniencing them when I asked for anything, even a beer! (a beer which took 15 minutes to arrive as I watched the bartender chat to her friends)

• 16th Aug 2014

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed in, in fact it beats the majority of hotels I've stayed in and at the fraction of the price! The friendly atmosphere of the hostel was the best, the staff were great and I've made friends from all over the world who I will be keeping in contact with.

central place to stay and really cheap if you stay in the 30 p - dorm. I found bedbugs in my bed and showed it to the people working there and they did not act on it as a serious matter for us travellers which really bothered me. After a discussion I managed to get another bed but they didnt really clean out the contaminated one properly. Cheap and clean-ish and a pretty hipp atmospehere.

This is my second time inter railing and this is definitely one of the more up market hostels I've stayed in. The bar is nice and there is a good seating area outside (they also have a roof terrace but it is not always open which is a bit annoying.) the hostel is clean and ran efficiently but is lacking character and the staff are generally quite protentious and not very helpful, verging on rude. But if you're willing to pay a bit more its a decent hostel that just needs some life injecting in!

The front desk staff were very helpful and patient with our many questions. My only complaint was that the AC in our room didn't work, even after the handyman came up several times to look at it (he had to remove shattered mirror parts a previous guest had put in the vent to avoid a fine??). We had to open the door to the hallway during the middle of the night to make the room the room a bearable temperature to sleep, but it doesn't seem like that's the norm.

Pros: the hostel had a great location that was easy to access from the main train station. It was close to 2 subway lines. The room was clean and the ensuite was great, however make note that not all rooms offer an ensuite. Cons: While the hostel warned of a linen charge, the city tax was not included in the price thus increasing a two night stay by 5€/pers. Breakfast is not included but also not worth the price you pay. The hostel was terribly understaffed and not very prompt with service.

Having to pay "taxes" upon arrival srivethe price up almost 20%. I didn't appreciate choosing a hostel based on price to then have unknown taxes sprung on me. Don't hire towels/sheets, they also charge taxes (around 95%) on those too!! 30 bed was clean and good enough for the one night I spent there.

I really had some good time at the Baxpax Downtown Hostel and I met many interesting people. The hostel isn't far from sites of interest. However, a microwave for backpackers is really missing and if something could be done about this, that would be great.

I really enjoyed this hostel. The staff were very cool and while sometimes the service was lacking I believe that was due understaffing and not the actual staff. The wifi was only good in the lobby and I would have liked it if breakfast was served before 8. However the atmosphere was excellent. This is definitely a party hostel and you will meet new drinking buddies every night.