Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

A very nice hostel with a nice club vibe. Nice enough staff in comparison to the average disinterested hostel staff person. The wifi is currently not working very well and required frequent logging in.

I had the following experience: When I got to the hostel there were no towels available for renting so I had to buy a towel in a shop (10€). In the bathroom belonging to my room there was a woman - which was not in my room - she wouldn't leave the shower saying she was meditating, and accusing me that I was on drugs. In my room there was two guys drinking beer and smoking for the whole afternoon. (the hostel is supposed to be nonsmokers). The staff is terribly rude AND SLOW.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Spain

The common dorm was horrible; dark and the bathrooms/showers were inaccessible. When we brought it up, the staff member suggested paying for an upgraded room. When we finally consented, everything took a major turn. The staff member who helped us was very nice and extremely accommodating. With the upgrade, the rest of our stay was pleasant. Having our own bathroom was nice and view was quite enjoyable. The only thing that could have made the hostel better was more reliable wireless.

AMAZING. Such an incredible weekend. Will be coming back and will be recommending !!!!!!

-Very cold staff and rude -the bathrooms at the basement was used and by the people from the bar, so never was clean enough - there was no light in basement, very noisy because of the door and always cold - facilities evennit a micro In general as a guest i didnt enjoy of felt relax staying there.

WORST HOSTEL EVER! Anybody can enter the facilities and stay or sleep on the couch. The staff was VERY arrogant and bad-mannered, eg:I washed my clothes with the service they offer(exorbitant price of 8 euros) and I received my clothes stained and still wet . I asked for the staff to dry it again because I needed those clothes to use the next day, she just took my bag and throw it away on the ground, when I returned after a few hours my clothes were still wet. Also, wifi doesn't work at all.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in on my trip so far. thank you all of the staff for one of the best new years i have had been a part of, oh for all of you looking at this message you will have to experience this place for your self, can't tell you all the secrets lol.

This is the first hostel I have stayed in in Europe and it was pretty rad! Good value for the money and regardless of what I read in other reviews, the staff were polite and quite helpful. The bar in the place is good, food they serve 8 out of 10, but the beer is always cold. Internet will NOT for in most rooms but the 'chill' areas in and around the lobby are pretty comfy, so just go there. The only complaint I had was about this odd smell of mildew coming from the basement!?!

• 29th Dec 2014

The only advantage of this hostel is the localization. The silence time wasn't respected. There were no socket in the bedroom and no wifi. The only chance to rechargeable your phone and connect to internet was at the living room. When it was 7 pm, the wifi didn't work (even living room). If you want to access the internet from their computer, you need to pay 2,50er. Also, there is no breakfast included (6,50er and poor),which was ok, but there is no kitchen too! High price for poor service!

I like it!

Though everything else was perfect, the internet was one of the worse wifi connections I've ever seen since Bill Gates invented Microsoft.The passwords and logins they give us only worked for some min (I had to login again every 10min)and I could't get connection on the living room :( Also, it doesn't have plugs on every bed, just a couple on a wall and it's pretty much a competition with the others in the room.These are the 2 basic things on every hostel:good internet and plugs in every bed!

Good location, just in the city center, close to U-Bahn/S-Bahn station. Staff was friendly an helpful. Our room was big enough for our group. Genaraly I can recommend it to everyone.

Central location is the only great thing about this hostel. Very close to s-bahn Friedrichstrasse, not very far from Reichstag and Brandenburg gate (maybe about 20 min on foot or 10 min on s-bahn). But other things r not so great. There's no kitchen (!!!), only bar in the lobby. NOT even microwave oven, spoons or forks, or freezer!!! Also there's no wi-fi signal in thee big dorm in the basement. And most of all they will charge you approx 2 times more than this site says due to the city tax.Sad

Great stay at this hostel. We had an incident during our first night (sketchy roommate) and our situation was very well received by the front desk employees, who gladly moved us to a different room and ensured that the rest of our stay was comfortable. The staff at this hostel are AMAZING, adding to the incredible location and price. Thanks Baxpax!!

• 11th Dec 2014

1) Some of the bunk beds shake and make terrible noise. 2) The breakfast buffet for 6.5 Euros is way too expensive for what are included. 3) Some of the staff are not very friendly, as if they don't want to work there.

The location of the hostel is perfect, it's in the centre of Berlin city and close to most tourist attraction areas and the view from my room is great. The hostel is clean, the Playground area is cool, and the bar is nice. I like the hostel but there were not many travellers around that I can hang out with maybe because it's winter season. The only thing I don't like about this hostel is the room is very cold, there is only one heater in the big room. and it gets very cold at night!

Nice hostel, very beautiful and very clean. Also quite big, with 5 floors! One thing I didn't like was the WiFi login/password, because it changed everyday and you had to go downstairs to pick up another one... but the rest is quite good.

need more hooks in wash room. and kitchen?

The hostel was average. It was in a good location very close to the S and U Bahn station. However, I was disappointed with the fact that there was no kitchen available for guests to use. The hostel encouraged everyone to buy food from the resteraurant/pub that was in the hostel. The wifi system that the hostel used could have many Improvements as well. It was a bit annoying to keep logging in with a new username and password every day. It was just an average stay.

Hello, The hostel Baxpax Downtown, Berlin is fine and everything was OK. Prague, 24 Nov. 2014

• 21st Nov 2014