Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

It had really nice and modern facilites, better than I expected for the money I paid. I booked a bed in a 30-bed room, but as it was in the low season, they gave us beds in a 6-bed room.

• 15th Dec 2013
  • Portugal

The staff were extremely friendly along with knowledgeable, spacious rooms, nice common room, over-priced breakfast, large lockers, decent location, and I met some great people. One of the best hostels I have stayed in, but it is a bit on the pricey side. Overall: I would look into staying here again.

No atmosphere at all, staff were friendly but didn't really show interest towards their guests. Will never return

It was a nice clean hostel however it lacked the environment you want when you are backpacking. Staff seemed a bit rude at times however one staff member did chase me down the street to return a ten euro note. Preferred the independent feel of other Berlin Hostels

Awesome hostel!! Much cleaner than most I've stayed at and definitely affordable. The only thing I had a problem with was that the room smelled a bit. I stayed during winter so oftentimes, it was too cold to have the windows open. Aside from that, staff was extremely helpful and location was great (walking distance to shopping, bars, train stations). Bar, pool table, breakfast served downstairs.

Great staff, funny, kind always available. the atmosphere is super nice! The hostel bar's price list is a little bit expensive...anyway, coffee is great!

great hostel! friendliest staff also they gave us free drink vouchers for making us wait for 2 minutes. Wifi in the rooms, very clean, paid quite a bit but got your moneys worth.

• 4th Dec 2013

Good location! Its more a hotel than a hostel, which i liked. Common areas are great. Thanks for everything, especially to the coolest girl at the reception (really bad with names, but the amazing spanish speaker!)!

Bad service, the mexican girl is really scurrilous

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Mexico

Nice hostel with a great atmosphere. The bathrooms were a little grungy and always had an unpleasant smell. Other than that the staff were kind and willing to help out. It was easy to get to from the main station and walking distance to all the sights!

the best hostel I ever been for young travellers who wants to save money and stay in like a awesome place. Really nice and comfortable. The only thing is that we went in a bad day of the week, between sunday to wednesday so we didn't do too many socially or nightlife stuff

Excellent hostel! I did enjoy my stay in Berlin !

Nice to have a restaurant on site. 6 lockers in an 8 bedroom is unacceptable though. Lack of outlets near the beds.

Absolutely loved my stay a the hostel. It's close to all the sites and shops, everything was clean and the staff were very friendly. Definitely staying here again when I go back to Berlin.

• 23rd Nov 2013

Stayed for a weekend and really enjoyed it. Its in a brilliant location, it has a really well stocked bar and the staff were great. Also it was incredibly cheap when compared to most hostels I've stayed at in Europe :)

I can't find something negative...everything was perfect!

Great place, close to everything, nice staff and atmosphere. Back to Berlin I'd surely stay at the same place

After i complained about the terrible direction they gave on the website, staff offered me a free drink and upgraded me to a room with no roommates. Super close to the museum island.

Nice atmo. Staff was a bit confused when they gave us the wrong key.

Shower not that hot - a problem in cold days