Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

All round the hostel was good. I was expecting something a bit more lively and fun, but we only stayed for one night which was a Monday (we were told by our tour guide that Monday was a "dead day" in Berlin), so maybe that's not a fair impression. The room (5 bed mixed dorm) was a good size with en-suite shower facility which was very convenient. Clean, relatively quiet and comfortable bedroom. Would stay again, and maybe try a weekend instead as was expecting much more of a party atmosphere!

• 6th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great hostel/hotel. They've got plenty of spaces to relax. I had a private room and for the price I paid I expected a bit more. Internet does not work in the room and the curtains didn't fully close which is fine in a dorm, but not in a private. Staff here is excellent and helpful. They've got lockers for your luggage in case you arrive early or leave late and there is an outside area too.

Great hostel. Only downfall was the wifi only working on the bottom floor

Overall decent, good location and good connections however it was always quite noisy and the wifi didn't reach the bedrooms!

- If I can't use my own bed linen, the cost should be included in the price! - wi fi does not work on the 3 floor (inside the room)

Wifi could be improved by making it reach the dorm and lights need in the dorm

Manger was really helpful but regular reception staff and bar staff very rude and un interested in providing adequate service. Outdoor areas cool to kick back in but pool is just an inflatable plastic type. Roof top never opened during my stay. The showers were soooo annoying! U must keep pressing a button to keep water running really poor form in the showers. Location not really near the cool bars etc.

Good location, nice people, minimal staff, rooftop bar and inflatable pool, decent WiFi and food.

Great place with helpful staff and convenient location not too far from everything.

I stayed one night, slept in their 30 bed dorm. A little pricey for sharing a room with 30 people. Everything was clean and water was hot

Great time! Safe and clean! Met awesome people. Hostel bar is fun

Had a great stay! Location was great, and it was perfect for meeting new people at the bar or in the lounge. Lots of fellow travelers looking to meet people! Staff were very helpful and kind. I did have a bit of a security mishap, was staying in the 22 person room and a whole bunch of us for our lockers broken into. Nothing a better padlock wouldn't fix, but definitely didn't feel very good. Luckily I didn't lose anything but one guy lost almost 450 dollars... not the hostel's fault tho!

Really cool hostel. Located in the touristy area with not much fun or nightlife around but very convenient for sightseeing and there are some bars by the river that are nice to grab a drink in at night. The hostel has great hangout spaces for guests as well, with a pool table! Very clean and secure, decent value for price, offer a great breakfast but you have to pay (good value for the breakfast though)

Really good places to chill out down stairs, have a drink at the bar and meet people before going out. Beds were SO squeaky though, so maybe not the best place if you're a light sleeper. Bikes available to hire were really fun and I would definitely recommend doing that.

• 13th Jun 2015

bit noisy at night but what do you expect from a central party hostel

Staff and other travelers were really friendly, was definitely appreciated since I'm traveling alone. Wish I'd have stayed longer!

I really enjoyed my stay here. We stayed in a 30 bed dorm which to my surprise was very spacious and rooms were clean. The bar and restaurant was nice and it was a great hostel to meet people. Staff were absolutely fantastic, especially paula and Milan, really friendly and helpful and had great fun in their company. Will definitely stay here again.

The hostel was well-located and had some nice features like the roof top patio. No kitchen however. We were given an upgrade from a 5 bed dorm to a 3 bed dorm,, which was nice, except that the room was clearly intended as a private and so had no lockers.

It's a big hostel with a big hostel feel. Also it's Berlin, so you just have to be ready for the party type environment. The location was great and easily walkable to some of the major sights. Front desk was quite knowledgeable and had good suggestions on the best things to see with time allowed.

The WiFi wasn't working and the staff were incredibly unhelpful. Also the showers were awful; had to push button every 5 seconds to keep the water on. Other than that, great facilities, great location, fun atmosphere