Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

Gave out the best map of Berlin .. Staff overrun and prices were not transparent.

Terrible staff. The wifi was shocking. All it really had in it's favour was that it is in a good location. Also a very poor atmosphere.

Good location, staff had a bit of a habit of ignoring people when standing at the bar/reception looking for attention though - otherwise place is fine

Great Location, friendly and very helpful Staff and would definitely going back!

The hostel staff seemed bothered whenever we required a service ( one told me to wait half an hour to return a laundry key because she was too busy changing shifts). The rooftop bar that was advertised was never open. The staff double booked a room and switched two extremely drunk guests into our room at 3am which made for a nice wake up call. No soap in ensuite bathroom (great feature when everyone in the room was sick). Terrible wifi in lounge and bar areas.

Changing rooms without any compensation does not make you a place one would want to stay again at.

I had to find last-minute accommodations for a single night in Berlin and chose this hostel because of its location. It was clean and safe, but I wasn't a fan of the atmosphere. I had a rough time meeting people as a solo traveler, and the people in my room were loud and immature.

Staying at Baxpax Downtown hostel was an enjoyable experience. The staff was attentive, courteous, and helpful. The location was within easy walking distances of many of Berlin's attractions and surrounding areas. The facilities were clean and secure.

fun and exciting atmosphere. the bar area was really cool and the rooms were clean

• 19th Jun 2014

Whenever I'm in Berlin I'm staying here. It's in my opinion the best hostel in Berlin. Staff is doing an excellent job, rooms are spacious and comfy, bathrooms are clean and the common areas are great. The only thing is the breakfast for 6.50 €. It's either too expensive or too less on offer.

Good hostel, very central, good staff

This is a nice place but a little too pricey for what you get. Lounge area was the highlight - very nice place to relax. Overall clean and staff were helpful, no kitchen facilities though.

Absolutely loved this place! Staff are AAAA Location is great... Facilities awesome

David the staff member was hot!

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Good hostel, beds are noisy. Kind of out of the way, but overall, I'd recommend.

Weird bed arrangement... but otherwise I had a great stay! (Also you have to keep pressing the shower button for water, but there's good water pressure!)

It was a fantastic place to stay, the only issue we had was that since we were on the 5th floor and it was quite warm when we stayed our room was pretty hot at night which made it a little harder to fall asleep. This was more than made up for by the fact that the hostel staff were amazing, and the addition of an inflatable pool on the rooftop near the bar made dealing with the heat easy!

• 7th Jun 2014

Staff were mostly helpful with the exception of the odd occasions. Rooms see huge and very clean as are the bathrooms, except when the lights go out (on a timer). Great atmosphere for travellers as there is a large common area where you can meet lots of people. Hostel has it's own bar and restaurant with great food and drinks. Rooftop terrace is beautiful, amazing location close to the main train station, subway and all attractions. Free walking tour.

Probably one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! Everyone hangs out together in the evenings before going out, it's almost impossible to stay there and not make a friend or two along the way. The atmosphere was unlike anything I have ever experienced before, couldn't speak more highly of it!!

Wifi was not good and the quarters were cramped but otherwise it was ok