Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

The staff is just great! Lovely people and a great help!

this hostel is just great!

Great location, clean rooms, nice stuff and cheap prices. I was completely satisfied during my stay at baxpax downtown hostel.

• 19th Nov 2015

We had fun at Baxpax. The receptionist were always helpful, giving hints and and ideas of where to go see the sights. The room was clean and tidy. We were very safe in the area, taking walks in the evening until late. Had a pleasant stay. Thank you!

• 16th Nov 2015
  • South Africa

It was a great experience in the large room, even with a minor issue we had, which was quickly resolved. The only issue is that there is no wifi down there, and in order to use the outlet, you need to go upstairs or unplug your bed light. The free walking tour stops by here, and Museum Island is only about 5-10min away, walking.

I totally recommend this hostel. Checking in does take a while, but other than that, everything worked out. It's a big hostel, so it doesn't have a homey vibe, but still a nice place to crash.

There were only two staff members who were nice. Everyone else was rude. You can't take your own food and had to buy their microwaved cuisines and drinks are well overpriced. Beds are squeaky and uncomfortable and you had to wait for 7 other people to shower and primp before you could use the bathroom. Lots of sneaky charges and zero atmosphere. Not recommended for solo travellers.

Amazing hostel, first of all is very well located , the staff speaks several different languages , the rooms have their own shower inside which makes it very convenient , lastly the atmosphere is great !

For the price u pay u don't get your money's worth. The only good thing about this hostel is its amazing location. I stayed in a 6 female dorm, it was clean and the beds were relatively comfortable. I found most of the staff were good with local info. The hostels shower is bad! Push button for 30seconds - ! The prices for breakfast, lunch and dinner arent hostel prices.No kitchen - but most hostels in Berlin don't have them. the worst thing - no atmosphere! Organised tour would b nice

Awful. No kitchen, terrible showers, about 3 power points in a room of 8 and none in the bathroom and the staff, oh my god the staff, they made you feel like you were a problem they had to deal with(except for about 2 who were good). 'Like ugh, you want to buy food? Hurry up I have to update my Facebook status UGH'. It's like they had a bunch of money so they made this elaborate bar, put on some hip beAtz then said 'well that'll do, throw some beds upstairs and let's exploit some travelers'.

Lovely place to stay. The staff was awesome and really helpful. The location is spot on as you can walk to Museum Island or the train station in minutes. The one flaw I did find was that there weren't outlets at every bed in the dorms. It's only a small problem however, I just wasn't able to be near my things while they charged.

K-studio, big room is in basement. If you want to book, you need to think if you want to stay in basement. Location is good.

Baxpax was great! The staff was very friendly, the facilities were clean, and the breakfast was so cheap! I would definitely stay here again.

Was dissappointed with the wifi quality, especially because the wifi did not work in my room and the common area felt to small for the amount of guests staying at the hostel. The hostel was advertised on hostelworld as having a sauna which was the main reason we chose this hostel, but when we arrived found out that was not true. The bathrooms in the rooms did not have soap and at one point no toilet paper. The location was the only good thing about this hostel.

staff wasn't too friendly, and the people who were there at the time were rude and loud, coming in at all times of the night having no respect for those who were sleeping.

Very informative and helpful staff! The hostel's interior is really nice. The k-lounge is really big but it is cheap for a location like that. I missed having our own kitchen but the food they offer is good. I can't stress the friendly and hip, good-looking staff enough :) I will definitely recommed it to my friends!

I stayed in the 30 bed dorm. When I checked in, the lady was not that helpful although the gentleman in the bar was lovely and gave me more information than reception.The room was noisy and smelly, other people in the room were very inconsiderate which is not the hostels fault, but I did not like the facilities or the lay out of the room. It felt like being in a jail in the basement. Good option if you dont have much money and dont care about anything and you just want a bed and a shower.

Good location in the city with a pretty good breakfast. Clean and close walking distance to Brandenburg gate

Loved this place!clean, great location, friendly and helpful staff

This little Spanish girl with glasses, Swedish girl, and the techie German bloke were all helpful & fun counter check in peeps. Got upgraded to the Gnome room. Ask about its cool and creepy in the same breath. The coffee is good. I was going to pony up for the breakfast, but never did because they were late opening up. A little trick is to go over to the next block to the Heart of Gold hostel cheaper breakfast almost the same breakfast, but the Baxpax had a few more items. All in all a fun time.