Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

Second time here and stayed in the large basement dorm - was perfect for me. The hostel has an always lively common room and bar, which is great for socialising and meeting other travellers. Staff are also good!

Good place to stay in an easily accessible location not far away from main public transportation and central Berlin historical places. Got an upgrade from dorms to private room due to some technical fault in the system :). Nice lively bar area and common room which is great for meeting people. Good value for money (y)

We travelled throughout Europe for 3 and a half weeks and this was one of the best places we stayed, the rooms are quite big and decorated very nicely. Great hostel vibes too, atmosphere in the lounge area was really good making it quite easy to make friends. Only a few minutes walk from the train station, with the Reichstag, Brandenburg gate etc all within walking distance (20 mins).

stunningly priced. this is a hotel. facilities incredible. 10/10 location a little out the way for nightlife but only a 15 minute train journey

Good location. Great place to meet people if you are traveling alone. Walking tour and the pub crawl recommended by the hostel is good.

At check in, the girl didn't give me eye contact when telling me the "terms and conditions", all was said fast so i was a little confused. Another reception girl was dismissive when i was wanting to ask a Q. A girl asked politely for her glass of coke to be filled to the top ( not 2 thirds full, like the girl had filled it) and she messily poured it into an other smaller glass. She had angry vibes after, slamming drawers closed so i refrained from ordering anything after seeing her attitude.

Fantastic location, very helpful and friendly staff. All round great stay.

Half hostel-half hotel with the best garden/courtyard I've seen in a while, great common room. At night it sort of turns into a bar/club

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Baxpax Downtown Hostel, and if I'm coming back through Berlin, I'll know exactly where to book!

• 8th Jul 2015

Excellent Hostel with and excellent bar.

The hostel itself wasn't bad, it had a nice atmosphere and the communal area was very nice, really good for meeting new people. My main complaint was the 32 person dormitory, this was underground, without AC and there was no lighting, it was essentially a cave. Had I been above ground I feel I would've enjoyed the hostel significantly more, as the smaller rooms looked nice. The location wasn't brilliant for our needs (nightlife) but it wasn't horrific.

Staff are not very friendly or helpful, especially the brown haired lady at the bar during breakfast. Such a pity because the hostel is very nice otherwise.

All round the hostel was good. I was expecting something a bit more lively and fun, but we only stayed for one night which was a Monday (we were told by our tour guide that Monday was a "dead day" in Berlin), so maybe that's not a fair impression. The room (5 bed mixed dorm) was a good size with en-suite shower facility which was very convenient. Clean, relatively quiet and comfortable bedroom. Would stay again, and maybe try a weekend instead as was expecting much more of a party atmosphere!

• 6th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great hostel/hotel. They've got plenty of spaces to relax. I had a private room and for the price I paid I expected a bit more. Internet does not work in the room and the curtains didn't fully close which is fine in a dorm, but not in a private. Staff here is excellent and helpful. They've got lockers for your luggage in case you arrive early or leave late and there is an outside area too.

Great hostel. Only downfall was the wifi only working on the bottom floor

Overall decent, good location and good connections however it was always quite noisy and the wifi didn't reach the bedrooms!

- If I can't use my own bed linen, the cost should be included in the price! - wi fi does not work on the 3 floor (inside the room)

Wifi could be improved by making it reach the dorm and lights need in the dorm

Manger was really helpful but regular reception staff and bar staff very rude and un interested in providing adequate service. Outdoor areas cool to kick back in but pool is just an inflatable plastic type. Roof top never opened during my stay. The showers were soooo annoying! U must keep pressing a button to keep water running really poor form in the showers. Location not really near the cool bars etc.

Good location, nice people, minimal staff, rooftop bar and inflatable pool, decent WiFi and food.