Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

Very poor service from the staff who were often rude and abrupt, was made to switch rooms for no apparent reasoning other than poor management on the hostels behalf. Be prepared for literally none of the facilities to work e.g laundry machines and wifi! No free b'fast is a downside as this is not the cheapest of hostels! The close location to the train station is the only thing that's a plus to this hostel, need to review the front of house service of all staff members!

Great location approximately 5 minutes away from friedrichstrasse U/S bahn station aswell as a small supermarket and some restaurants. It was quite noisy on our first night there as there were people partying on the bottom floor until 3AM and while the staff tried to quiet them down it didn't work. The rest of the nights were fine. The staff are very friendly and polite, the bar/cafe is quite overpriced for what it is but it's easy to go elsewhere. I would recommend baxpax.

• 7th Jul 2014

If you are looking forward meeting new people you will have a really bad time, no activities, no nice sharing/meeting area, there was no active atmosphere at all. Also the staff were really mean, like if you were staying there for free, no smiles, no 'how can i help you'. Finally, the thing that pissed me the most, when i arrive they told me to change room after 2 days, that means checking out at 11, staying without hostel for 4 hours until you can check in again at 3!

This Hostel is the only one that lies in the booking info, when you get there they will charge you extra stuff for taxes. So the price is like 12 euros more. The staff didn't really treat us very friendly (Spanish staff, so no typicall German attitude excuse) The hostel is very big, they charge you for everything you use, they are a little bit stingy.

We were in a massive room of i think 40 people which was great and we didn't have any problems with noisy or disrespectful people. To our surprise there were no overhead lights.. this didn't matter too much as we had individual bedside lights it just seemed odd. Generally very modern clean hotel/ hostel with large social areas including a comfortable terrace. Train station and metro close. Didn't realise there was no kitchen.. ooops! The washing machines never seemed to be available either..

This is by far the coolest looking hostel we have stayed at! Also so central to the main sites. Such a good atmosphere the only down side was how slow checking in and out was

Visually the hostel is fine - very clean, colorful, and well put together. However, the internet is poor even in common areas, the bar & club are lame, and the location is far from any authentically German areas of Berlin (instead very commercialized, etc.)

Great hostel! Walking distance main attractions. Awesome atmosphere despite being quite a large hostel. Bring some cash for key deposits. Also found myself constantly yelling "OH MY GOD THE WIFI!!" Prepared to be frustrated to the max by the log-on (free) voucher system. Shower timers were also annoying. But overall these things don't matter too much as the atmosphere is so good! I'll be back.

The location of this hostel was perfect! It was the first hostel I have ever stayed at, and now as I stay at other ones, I realize how good I had it at Baxpax. The staff was helpful and the rooms were clean. Loved loved loved this hostel!!

Dorm room looked very clean. Bathroom and shower were inside the room which is very convenient and we only had to share it with the other girls in our room. Only downside is that there was no kitchen and the rooftop pool was closed our entire stay, even though it wasn't raining continiously and it was around 20 degrees. Also, nobody could tell us when it would open..

Gave out the best map of Berlin .. Staff overrun and prices were not transparent.

Terrible staff. The wifi was shocking. All it really had in it's favour was that it is in a good location. Also a very poor atmosphere.

Good location, staff had a bit of a habit of ignoring people when standing at the bar/reception looking for attention though - otherwise place is fine

Great Location, friendly and very helpful Staff and would definitely going back!

The hostel staff seemed bothered whenever we required a service ( one told me to wait half an hour to return a laundry key because she was too busy changing shifts). The rooftop bar that was advertised was never open. The staff double booked a room and switched two extremely drunk guests into our room at 3am which made for a nice wake up call. No soap in ensuite bathroom (great feature when everyone in the room was sick). Terrible wifi in lounge and bar areas.

Changing rooms without any compensation does not make you a place one would want to stay again at.

I had to find last-minute accommodations for a single night in Berlin and chose this hostel because of its location. It was clean and safe, but I wasn't a fan of the atmosphere. I had a rough time meeting people as a solo traveler, and the people in my room were loud and immature.

Staying at Baxpax Downtown hostel was an enjoyable experience. The staff was attentive, courteous, and helpful. The location was within easy walking distances of many of Berlin's attractions and surrounding areas. The facilities were clean and secure.

fun and exciting atmosphere. the bar area was really cool and the rooms were clean

• 19th Jun 2014

Whenever I'm in Berlin I'm staying here. It's in my opinion the best hostel in Berlin. Staff is doing an excellent job, rooms are spacious and comfy, bathrooms are clean and the common areas are great. The only thing is the breakfast for 6.50 €. It's either too expensive or too less on offer.