Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

Really cool hostel. Located in the touristy area with not much fun or nightlife around but very convenient for sightseeing and there are some bars by the river that are nice to grab a drink in at night. The hostel has great hangout spaces for guests as well, with a pool table! Very clean and secure, decent value for price, offer a great breakfast but you have to pay (good value for the breakfast though)

Really good places to chill out down stairs, have a drink at the bar and meet people before going out. Beds were SO squeaky though, so maybe not the best place if you're a light sleeper. Bikes available to hire were really fun and I would definitely recommend doing that.

• 13th Jun 2015

bit noisy at night but what do you expect from a central party hostel

Staff and other travelers were really friendly, was definitely appreciated since I'm traveling alone. Wish I'd have stayed longer!

I really enjoyed my stay here. We stayed in a 30 bed dorm which to my surprise was very spacious and rooms were clean. The bar and restaurant was nice and it was a great hostel to meet people. Staff were absolutely fantastic, especially paula and Milan, really friendly and helpful and had great fun in their company. Will definitely stay here again.

The hostel was well-located and had some nice features like the roof top patio. No kitchen however. We were given an upgrade from a 5 bed dorm to a 3 bed dorm,, which was nice, except that the room was clearly intended as a private and so had no lockers.

It's a big hostel with a big hostel feel. Also it's Berlin, so you just have to be ready for the party type environment. The location was great and easily walkable to some of the major sights. Front desk was quite knowledgeable and had good suggestions on the best things to see with time allowed.

The WiFi wasn't working and the staff were incredibly unhelpful. Also the showers were awful; had to push button every 5 seconds to keep the water on. Other than that, great facilities, great location, fun atmosphere

Great location for exploring Mitte and Berlin in general. Very clean rooms and bathrooms. My only complaints were that the wifi was down for most of my stay and that my window looked into the courtyard smoking area so my non-smoking room was generally full of smoke.

Good location, excellent staff and good room!

A great location not to far off from the sites etc... This will throw you off a bit but they have a dungeon appearance for our room at least. The only lights were lamps by your bed which wasn't so bad it will just sketch you out at first. Bathrooms could use a more constant clean but other than that great value.

Downstairs dorm was like a Dungeon. Hostal staff were the worst, Been all around Europe and usually easily impressed. Intact this is my first review. Sunflowers a better hostal, started their before.

Everything was great minus the sensor light in the showers, seriously guys they stay on for no more than 15 seconds otherwise you shower in the dark.

Great hostel, wasn't too far away from the centre with amazing facilities and atmosphere!

Great staff and a cool vibe. Clean dorms and great facilities- pity about no kitchen !

• 23rd May 2015

I had a great time at this hostel! I could walk pretty myuch everywhere I wanted to go, the staff was very friendly and welcoming and I got what I needed for some good night sleeps and hot showers.

Amazing location and very helpful staff

• 23rd May 2015
  • China

Overall an amazing hostel. Wifi sucked pretty much everywhere including the common areas which was disappointing but apart from that I really enjoyed my stay.

The hostel was in a great location, but it was a little tricky to find when I first got there. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Good breakfast onsite. There were no outlets in the bathroom, which was frustrating when trying to fix my hair.

Great place to stay for a trip to Berlin. The staff were great. Paula is a gem. Bathroom facilities weren't the best but manageable. Would recommend to friends.