Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

I stayed in the huge dorm downstairs & wasn't a fan of it, unfortunately. There are no overhead lights, so its dim and hard to meet people at times. It gets quite loud at all hours of night, and even in the morning due to the sheer number of people. The wifi does not work down there. There are codes for the wifi which are annoying to keep re-entering. Can't sit outside past 10 b/c of neighbors. I personally didn't like the vibe of this place, but wouldn't rule it out for others.

This is a very new, clean, spacious hostel. I was very impressed with my dorm room, looked like a hotel. The location is great if you want to visit Museum Island, only a 10 minute walk! It's a very safe, quiet part of town. Personally I wanted something closer to more of Berlin's nightlife... which of course you can get at Baxpax Kreuzberg! The breakfast buffet is not included.. it's decent tough. Atmosphere was a little cold and corporate.. not much sense of community as in a smaller hostel.

Great stay at Baxpax! Definitelt worth the money. The onlyy con is that the wifi doesn't work in the hostel dorms and even in the lounge it's extremely temperamental. The lounge is amazing since this hostel doubles as a hotel. Impeccably clean and only a 20 minute walk from the HBF station :)

A great hostel! I stayed in the 30 bed dorm and it was set up really nice. Berlin is a huge city and there's not really any "city center," but this place has a pretty central location so most fun places like Hackescher Markt and Kreuzberg are a quick ride on the S Bahn or the underground. I would definitely stay here again.

One day I had 17 questions and Paula answered all of them! Very helpful.

It was my second time in this hostel and I still find it very nice. It has a central location, very friendly staff and a good breakfast for 6,5 euros. The bads are also confortable. Altogether it was a very nice stay. I can only recommend it!

Awesome hostel. Roof access for a great view, walking distance to Berlin Wall memorial, shopping area, and museum island! Great bar/restaurant too

Great location, very friendly staff good atmosphere. Only one suggestion place photos of the K studio on the website so people know what it is before the book it.

this hostel is so so. i stayed in the big dorm and it was a bit like living in the basement! they dont let any natural light in and the air in the room is stale, and the room is lit up by a few red lights. after the second day they finally opened up a window to let some fresh air in. they need to invest in POWER POINTS! no where to charge in the 'basement'. wifi doesnt make it to the 'basement' either and it was also shocking to use in reception where i also went to sit and charge my stuff.

Very Nice and clean hostel in a pretty nice neighbourhood. The metro and S-Bahn are just 5 minutes away and from there you can get everywhere pretty fast.

Very nice hostel, good atmosphere.

Staff was very unhelpful and uninformative. Some barely spoke English, some didn't know the city at all, others were downright rude. Otherwise it was fine, but there are so many hostels in Berlin I would recommend going to a different one where the staff is better, as I usually find the staff to be one of the most important parts of a positive hostel experience.

The 30 people dorm is nice and clean but there's no wi-fi connection there. Generally the hostel is really nice, modern and clean but wi-fi signal is really low also in the common spaces: furthermore since there is also a bar/restaurant in the structure, there's not much space left to the guests that don't want to use the bar but just to sit down and eat their own food. Then, despite of other hostels, there's n kitchen available.

Amazing. The staff have been brilliant throughout and have made me feel very welcome.

Don't go there if you want to meet people and have the hostel vibe. This hostel is more of a cheap Hotel with bunk beds rather than a hostel. However if you are looking for a cheap hotel and you are a group of friends, this is a fairly nice one and well situated. Staff wasn't very helpful as we booked a 3 bed private apartment and ended up paying for a 5 bed dorm (so pay more, less privacy.) Overall, great location if you are here to visit Berlin but unfortunately I wouldn't recommend this.

Not for hostel-style lovers. There's no kitchen, no common areas where you're allowed to chill/have your own beer/take your own meal. I missed a friendly atmosphere or even 'traveller contact'. The common room is kind of claustrophobic, without windows or even natural light. The Wi-Fi doesn't reach the rooms area. Despite of that, there's a nice terrace, it's well located and the guys at the desk are always eager to help.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Every time I'm there, it's better than the last. Love this place!

A nice stay in Berlin and in this location. A central place. The staff was welcoming and helpful.

• 4th Apr 2014

Whenever I'm in Berlin I stay at Baxpax Downtown in Mitte. I've always been very satisfied with everyone and everything. I look forward to being there again very soon. It seems like my Berlin home, away from home!

Thank you for such a nice stay at your place, guys! : )

• 31st Mar 2014