Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

This hostel is great. Pros: very easy to navigate from the station (about 25min walk or 10 min metro

The perfect place to stay in Berlin. Very close to the Friedrichstrasse station, but everything is within walking distance. Lockers in the room as well as in a luggage storage room. Every room required entry with a key card. The hostel had a restaurant, bar, backyard terrace area with an inflatable pool, and rooftop bar with another pool. The staff were very nice, friendly, and helpful. Lots of young people staying there, so it was easy to find good conversation or people to go out with!

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Internet was either great or terrible (about 70/30), that's my only complaint.

• 23rd May 2014

Excellent location, security, and staff, not to mention a great atmosphere for all ages! We travelled in a group of six and when we initially booked, we thought we would be split into two rooms. When we arrived, the staff had already arranged for us to have our own room by moving an extra bed into a 5 person bedroom. We all agreed that we could not have found a better hostel!

Very clean place, but the lack of lighting during the afternoon and excessive sunlight early in the morning made sleeping tough. Would have appreciated more advice from the staff when asking for help.

Staff were not great, arrogant and have zero knowledge of the city they are living in. Apart from that good hostel.

• 20th May 2014

Awesome place to stay with a great atmosphere! We stayed in an 8 bed dorm and really enjoyed our stay.

This is the second time I stay at baxpax and this is second time I leave very pleased! This hostel is an all around ten. Any minor improvements would fall into the lines of supplying hand soap for the ensuite washrooms...

I stayed in the huge dorm downstairs & wasn't a fan of it, unfortunately. There are no overhead lights, so its dim and hard to meet people at times. It gets quite loud at all hours of night, and even in the morning due to the sheer number of people. The wifi does not work down there. There are codes for the wifi which are annoying to keep re-entering. Can't sit outside past 10 b/c of neighbors. I personally didn't like the vibe of this place, but wouldn't rule it out for others.

This is a very new, clean, spacious hostel. I was very impressed with my dorm room, looked like a hotel. The location is great if you want to visit Museum Island, only a 10 minute walk! It's a very safe, quiet part of town. Personally I wanted something closer to more of Berlin's nightlife... which of course you can get at Baxpax Kreuzberg! The breakfast buffet is not included.. it's decent tough. Atmosphere was a little cold and corporate.. not much sense of community as in a smaller hostel.

Great stay at Baxpax! Definitelt worth the money. The onlyy con is that the wifi doesn't work in the hostel dorms and even in the lounge it's extremely temperamental. The lounge is amazing since this hostel doubles as a hotel. Impeccably clean and only a 20 minute walk from the HBF station :)

A great hostel! I stayed in the 30 bed dorm and it was set up really nice. Berlin is a huge city and there's not really any "city center," but this place has a pretty central location so most fun places like Hackescher Markt and Kreuzberg are a quick ride on the S Bahn or the underground. I would definitely stay here again.

One day I had 17 questions and Paula answered all of them! Very helpful.

It was my second time in this hostel and I still find it very nice. It has a central location, very friendly staff and a good breakfast for 6,5 euros. The bads are also confortable. Altogether it was a very nice stay. I can only recommend it!

Awesome hostel. Roof access for a great view, walking distance to Berlin Wall memorial, shopping area, and museum island! Great bar/restaurant too

Great location, very friendly staff good atmosphere. Only one suggestion place photos of the K studio on the website so people know what it is before the book it.

this hostel is so so. i stayed in the big dorm and it was a bit like living in the basement! they dont let any natural light in and the air in the room is stale, and the room is lit up by a few red lights. after the second day they finally opened up a window to let some fresh air in. they need to invest in POWER POINTS! no where to charge in the 'basement'. wifi doesnt make it to the 'basement' either and it was also shocking to use in reception where i also went to sit and charge my stuff.

Very Nice and clean hostel in a pretty nice neighbourhood. The metro and S-Bahn are just 5 minutes away and from there you can get everywhere pretty fast.

Very nice hostel, good atmosphere.

Staff was very unhelpful and uninformative. Some barely spoke English, some didn't know the city at all, others were downright rude. Otherwise it was fine, but there are so many hostels in Berlin I would recommend going to a different one where the staff is better, as I usually find the staff to be one of the most important parts of a positive hostel experience.