Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

the staff is not very nice. A woman went to wake me up to my bed and told me not to forget to check out ON TIME... LIKE if I didn't knew that already! The "room", if we can call it room is really dark the hole time, ther'es no way to know the time in there anda I don't know how they do the cleaning with so little ligth. Plus--.. the wifi doesn't work in the "room". Only in the lobby

I very much enjoyed my stay at Baxpax downtown hostel. The staff were excellent! I was in the K-studio. At first the lack of lighting was a problem. The room was quite large & the only light came from lamps next to the beds & From a skylight. However after being there a few nights I realised that as other people were coming & going all Through the night, it was probably best there wasn't a main light!! Excellent value for money & the hostel was walking distance from the main sights!

This was a good hostel. I would recommend staying here for those who are not alone. They are very friendly and super helpful with any questions you have. The bar that is attached has great food. It's a nice looking hostel super clean and nice common area. There not a community feeling to it, more like a hotel than hostel.

Very nice!

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Greece

This hostel is in a great location, within walking distance to many areas. The atmosphere of the hostel itself is quite nice as well. It's very easy to meet people, chill out, or have a beer. There aren't adapters on all of the top bunks which could be a concern. Also, the bunk beds are extremely squeaky. Overall this is a great hostel and I would definitely stay here again.

The best hostel I've stayed in during my four month euro trip. Staff are incredible and the atmosphere in the bar and chill out area is rad, always someone to party with.

• 15th Apr 2015

Great hostel! This is my second time in Berlin and I'll definitely consider returning to this hostel. The food isn't too bad and the beer prices are reasonable.

• 15th Apr 2015

Excellent atmosphere with a pub\restaurant in the same building and a very good living room which makes everyone comfortable. Staff was very helpful. Near to the train and metro station.

The bathroom and shower facilities were very clean and very nice. I was a little nervous to stay in a room with 30-40 other people but it was kept dark and quiet at all times which was nice because I was only there for sleeping. They had a very nice and welcoming game room/reception to hang out. I was impressed by the staff and the overall vibe of the place. I HIGHLY recommend!

• 6th Apr 2015

Great hostel! Might be the best ive ever stayed in. 10 min walk to brandenburg gate, super confortable beds, super clean showers. Bar and hang out area was really fun too.

The hostel is well fitted out and spacious. Food and drink continuously available. Position within walkin g distance of the attractions perfect (though trams a bit complex!) Disadvantage is that the attractions of Berlin are not so attractive. City centre is heavy and over built. The real attractions of Berlin are the Berliners, & you must go further out to find the atmosphere. Most staff were foreigners, & their knowledge of the city unreliable. The local Germans were far more friendly.

Very nice hostel..... Around all points interest... island. museum

It wasn't possible to get into the terrace for the view of the city. They have lockers but don't even sell or rent padlocks to close them. And when we arrived they made us pay the full amount even though we already payed a deposit online Saying that we just pay a tax for the online booking. But in the website there was written something different..

Berlin is really an incredible city to visit, and we didn't spend much time in the hostel because of it. The pool table and bar were awesome spots to meet people, but I wished the staff were a little bit more involved. The rooms were really great, most comfortable bed and arrangement I've seen. If you know you're going to be out exploring on your own the whole time this is the place!

I never had a friendly interaction with the staff. They asked us for our passport number upon arrival and when I asked why they would need such a thing, the woman at the front desk didn't have a reason except for "It is just going to sit in a box in the basement". Super sketchy. Also, one of our key cards stopped working and when we went to the front desk to ask them to fix it, the woman never asked us our names or any type of verification to make sure we were getting the key to the right room.

Twice I had to switch rooms because people either weren't checked out or the staff made a mistake in assigning rooms. I can understand things like this happen but the staff was extremely rude and treated it like it was my fault and not a mistake on their end. The first hostel staff I've ever felt like that didn't care about their guests.

I had a really good time at Baxpax Downtown. Even though the staff was extremely busy they still were very lovely and helpful and helped me wherever they could. Thaaaanks guys

I love this hostel

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Scotland

The 32 bed dorm room really makes you feel like a second rate citizen. It's in a basement with no windows and no room light, there was rubbish on the floor, and the shower is timed to turn off every 20 seconds (I counted, it was always the same). Also had trouble sleeping on a bunk that shook a lot.

The staff was very friendly. Superb location. My 3rd time in this hostel and still impressed by the conditions.