Baxpax Downtown Hostel/Hotel Reviews

Ziegelstr. 28, Berlin, Germany

Twice I had to switch rooms because people either weren't checked out or the staff made a mistake in assigning rooms. I can understand things like this happen but the staff was extremely rude and treated it like it was my fault and not a mistake on their end. The first hostel staff I've ever felt like that didn't care about their guests.

I had a really good time at Baxpax Downtown. Even though the staff was extremely busy they still were very lovely and helpful and helped me wherever they could. Thaaaanks guys

I love this hostel

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Scotland

The 32 bed dorm room really makes you feel like a second rate citizen. It's in a basement with no windows and no room light, there was rubbish on the floor, and the shower is timed to turn off every 20 seconds (I counted, it was always the same). Also had trouble sleeping on a bunk that shook a lot.

The staff was very friendly. Superb location. My 3rd time in this hostel and still impressed by the conditions.

Just a pretty average hostel. It's outside of Venice, but only a 3 minute walk from the Venezia Mestre train station. There's a pretty big grocery store near by. The lockers in the rooms were definitely not big enough. The rooms were fairly clean, but the common area was as nice. There was always some sketchy looking guys hanging around the lobby late at night, but I guess that's not the hostel's fault. It was also pretty expensive, but I went during Carnevale, so that might have been the reason

The hostel was overall a positive experience, not the best in the world but it was still a nice stay! The rooms and bathrooms are kept clean and the staff was generally friendly but not overly helpful. It was probably just the week we were in Berlin, but we didn't meet many other travelers. The bar downstairs has a pretty good selection of beer, but it closes relatively early. The shower was set up so that you had to press the knob but it would turn off after a few seconds.

The 30 bed dorm is too dark and the bunk beds are so noisy. There is no kitchen or a place to eat your own food. Despite of that, the hostel is situaded in a very good location, a walking distance to the Alexander Platz ; and is surrounded by metro, train stations; bus and tram stops. Also the common area is well decorated and the musics they played there are the best. The staff is ok, they only answer your questions and that is all, no friendship or long talks. I would go back again.

The hostel has a great location. Most of the staff a great although the can be a bit blunt. The hostel is very clean and has nice areas to socialise. The rooms are big and comfy. The bar closes around 11, which is pretty early for a hostel. which is a shame when the nightlife doesn't get going till after midnight. Although you can buy bottles from reception. For sightseeing the location is good but nightlife is not walking distance.

I enjoyed a lot my stay at Baxpax Downtown Hostel !

• 14th Feb 2015

A very nice hostel with a nice club vibe. Nice enough staff in comparison to the average disinterested hostel staff person. The wifi is currently not working very well and required frequent logging in.

I had the following experience: When I got to the hostel there were no towels available for renting so I had to buy a towel in a shop (10€). In the bathroom belonging to my room there was a woman - which was not in my room - she wouldn't leave the shower saying she was meditating, and accusing me that I was on drugs. In my room there was two guys drinking beer and smoking for the whole afternoon. (the hostel is supposed to be nonsmokers). The staff is terribly rude AND SLOW.

The common dorm was horrible; dark and the bathrooms/showers were inaccessible. When we brought it up, the staff member suggested paying for an upgraded room. When we finally consented, everything took a major turn. The staff member who helped us was very nice and extremely accommodating. With the upgrade, the rest of our stay was pleasant. Having our own bathroom was nice and view was quite enjoyable. The only thing that could have made the hostel better was more reliable wireless.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »