Baxpax Mitte Hostel Reviews

Chausseestrasse 102, 10115 Berlin-Mitte, Berlin, Germany

Really nice hostel with some great staff. A bit further out then the other Baxpax Hostel and further away from East Berlin, but a nice walk to friedrichstrasse where you can get basically anywhere, cheap good places on that walk and cool little room too. Not many power points is all, but the reception area works well for charging/meeting people anyway!

There was a tax for the bed sheets that was not previously advised, the staff was not that polite and the wifi was terrible.

• 28th Dec 2014

Bad: no hot water in the 4th floor; less lockers than beds in the room; terrible wifi (doesn't work in the rooms and sometimes not even in the reception); payed internet in the desktop; impatient and impolite staff (with some exceptions) Good: location and cleanliness

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

Wonderful place!! Art is in the atmosphere. really polite staff and a good chill out common area

This is the best hostel I've ever been to. In the beginning, I just want to choose a cheap hostel to stay, and I think even if it's small, ugly, not clean, I won't care. However, this hostel let me feel I still want to go back because of the nice design of the space, nice kitchen with enough equipment, intelligent and friendly staffs. The only problem is there are not enough sockets in a dorm room, but it was okay to me.

Few power sockets and pretty bad showers. Still a decent hostel to stay in.

Considering the very affordable price of 8 euros per night, this place was great. Decent location, comfy beds, pretty good company. I stayed 6 nights and spent Christmas here alone and didn't even mind! My one complaint would be the lack of hot showers. Those were a major disappointment, since I was there in December. They were lukewarm at the very best. But like I said... 8 euros per night. Overall I would recommend it.

• 20th Dec 2014

The security muss be strengthened, my friend's money was stolen and the hotel does nothing ! The light in the bathroom was weird, the light will go out when you take a shower!

• 20th Dec 2014
  • China

Good hostel, a totally fine option if you want. City centre hostel. Just be aware of the extra charges that does not appear in the total price...

My friend's iPhone was stolen while he was sleeping. It wouldn't happen if all the lockers in the room were available for us! I don't recommend it in terms of security!!!!

Everything was great, friendly staff and nice common area. Xiaotian Wang, from new york.

You charged us extra for the lenin as compulsary even though it was mentioned to bring our own lenin. Second, the bathroom was not clean. You charge for internet over the computer, I mean who charges for anything and everything, there is something called benefits, which is not there in your case. Who changes internet passwords after every 24hrs, this is ridiculous. Rest of the things were fine. But yes, you charged me for every other thing I could think of.

I've been in many hostels and I think this one was the quietest from all. Maybe because it was not a peak season. But if you are a person who love to walk a hostel is in a very good location, ~20 min on foot to Brandenburg Gate and the area is pretty cheap, so you can find some nice places to have a cheap lunch. And a kitchen in the hostel is fully equipped so it helps to save money too. The best thing is very friendly staff and paintings on walls everywhere!

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Lithuania

Nothing great about it. I had to change hostel in Berlin because of unavailability in my previous one and I found this one pretty dull.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • India

Located far away from the city centre, it's a long walk to get anywhere. The rooms and facilities were clean, however two out of the three staff members working the desk were rude. I would never reccommend this place to a friend

Great! Super-clean, comfy beds, staff is very nice, common area is awesome (feels homey), and the NICEST hostel kitchen I've ever seen. (Bonus: Chinese place across the street is authentic!) THIS LOCATION CAN'T BE BEAT! 10-min walk to riverfront bars, 30 to Checkpoint Charlie. Not ideal for longer stays tho: wifi is horrible, rooms are really dark, and showers are lukewarm (plus, the water comes only in 15-second spurts). BUT it's lovely to be surrounded by so much art! Still worth checking out.

+ Functional - Just functional - No drinking of your own alcohol in hostel (why not some beer?) - People don't have basic manners - lound in the corridor, also talking in a room for 8 people at 5 o' clock in the morning. - Doors could be better - the closing and opening "system" is too loud.

Pretty cool place with super chill staff. You are not allowed to bring alcohol back to the hostel, but you can buy beers for a reasonable price from them. There is always someone at the reception 24/7 and they are really nice and chill. The rooms have cool themes, but my room only had one outlet in it. The people there were super cool and everyone went out together at night.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Some of the doors are not working, which means that you can't lock them. It is forbidden to bring any alcohol or guest to your room!!! Everything else is cool. The hostel has a very good atmosphere and located close to everything.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Hungary

I thought the lighting in the room was too dark

• 20th Oct 2014