Baxpax Mitte Hostel Reviews

Chausseestrasse 102, 10115 Berlin-Mitte, Berlin, Germany

A very good place and affordable. There's a kitchen you can use, the staff is always to help you, the bathrooms are very clean and the location is not so close to the places you want to visit, but is only 10 minutes walking.

There was a lack of plugs. The room we stayed in had 2 plugs. One of which was beside the door so no very safe. The other plug had to be shared among the other 7 guests. Which involved people leaning into my bed to get access. The showers were near none functional. Pressing the on button released a short burst of either super hot water or what I an only presume came from the snow melting on the roof. The WiFi was terrible only accessible if you were probably standing in reception.

• 13th Jan 2016

I love this place because it's cheap and ideally located for where I'm doing my research. Main drawback is some unsavory characters: I advise against staying in the cheapest dorm, where there were older Russian men who stared at me in bed and smelled of booze. Hostel agreed to move me, for which I was grateful. One of the (female) staff members was brilliant. Others, average. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the hot water which meant I was unable to have a hot shower during my stay.

• 7th Jan 2016

We loved Baxpax Mitte Hostel! It was in a great location, really close to the centre and right beside a tube stop plus restaurants and supermarkets. Really comfortable beds, really warm room, lots of space, rad decor and reception area.. Kitchen is open 24 hours (like the Reception) where they always had cool music playing and a happy, fun atmosphere. Cheap as beers and coffee available any time and lots of fridge space. Clean bathrooms, friendly and helpful staff. Will DEFINITELY stay hereagain

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Good experience, clean place.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Good hostel.

I really enjoyed my staying it the hostel. The staff was very nice and helpful, especially Marco who was so patient at taking care of me while i stayed in the hostel. Great music in the reception, friendly atmosphere, cozy.....I just loved it :)

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Bulgaria

The 24 hour reception was great. I enjoyed the fact they were always playing music, I gave a cozy vibe. The only real downside was not having a personal locker to keep important belongings in, although I was satisfied that they were ok once the staff put them in the large safe.

• 31st Oct 2015

Perfect vibe and excellent location. The only negative thing is that there's wifi only in reception and not good.

Poor wifi connectivity between 8pm & 11pm. It was too loud after 10pm. Be aware of noise in the evening coming from a dance school located in the same building.

Rip-off: tax not inc, a charge for bed linen not inc, and you even have to pay to store luggage! Wifi: didn't reach to rooms. Plug sockets: 2 for a 10-bed dorm?! Showers: appalling - have to re-press the button every 10 seconds, boiling hot then freezing cold. Also only 2 women showers on a floor with 9 dorm rooms! Directions: completely wrong, mention non-existent bus, left us very stuck when we arrived in the city at midnight. Staff: mixed experience, one very rude.

Staff member we dealt with was not helpful and quite rude at times. Made us waste time for her to finish with her "ten minute" sign which seemed to go up frequently. Obviously later a manager was there and she was surprisingly much nicer when we went to get a locker key. Sometimes the door wasn't opened for us when we rang the buzzer. Overall clean hostel but worth paying a bit more to get a smaller room. The showers on our floor were broken for one day when we stayed.

Comfortable beds. Hot water didn't work the first couple days but then got fixed. Showers are very simple -- push for a 10-second flush of hot water; no option to control the temp. Nice staff at the desk 24hrs, and they serve good coffee and drinks at a non-outrageous price. Kitchen available for cooking. Social atmosphere. Can't bring outside alcohol in. They make your bed everyday :) Had a big private room with 2 twin beds, big windows. Very easy access to public transit (U-Bahn, S-Bahn, etc).

• 11th Oct 2015

It was good but no real atmosphere. Staff very nice and helped get me a taxi early in the morning. In a very good location

Really lovely, chilled place. Possibly worth mentioning that it's above a bar/dance place, for direction purposes! Rooms were nice, common area nice, though kitchen a bit small and not very much fridge space! Wifi codes really not an problem- don't see why others have complained. It's really fine. Only minority annoying thing was having to continually press the button in the showers to keep them on, but that's only a small thing. Overall, really nice.

• 5th Oct 2015

I was impessed by the generosity and kindness from one of the staff, this woman from Czech. The beds were OK, they just made loud noises. Sadly when i got to my room, nobody could use the lockers because they told us they had lost some keys last summer. The urinal broke down on the second day and we couldn't use it anymore. One major problem are the cards to open the doors, sometimes they dont work anymore and you cant get inside. Despite the inconveniences I think I'd stay at the hostel again.

Very good hostel, clean and comfy. We stayed in a Private Room with Shared Facilities, showers are all okay, beds are comfy and room it has a nice space, not big, not small. Location is great! Thank you.

The hostel needs a bit of maintenance and some improvements like more energy sockets (just two in a room for 6 people is not enough), the sofas in the lounge are too old and internet connection was a suffering. Besides this, it is the cheaper hostel in Berlin and the location is good enough.

This hostel was pretty good and it did the job - it was a good place to sleep if you're gonna be out all day sightseeing like I was, but as a solo traveller definitely not a place to meet people. No one really talks in the common areas, there were lots of school groups etc there who weren't up for socialising with the rest. Clean, good facilities, however why charge for linen - clearly not a hit with the guests!! Guy who checked me in was lovely - rest of the staff a little rude.

Showers were quite annoying with the water only lasting for five seconds before shutting off. This was in the girl's bathroom on the 4th floor. Security card on 5th floor takes way too long to work, and everyone else I knew had problems. Wifi was pretty strong but it dropped out frequently and the system with the different daily passwords is time consuming and unnecessary. Rooms were very clean and so were the showers. Reception staff generally nice and sort of helpful.