Baxpax Mitte Hostel Reviews

Chausseestrasse 102, 10115 Berlin-Mitte, Berlin, Germany

We had a lovely stay, many thanks! Pros: perfectly located, bathrooms/rooms very clean, staff exceptionally nice; Cons: kitchen + storage space (fridges) not sufficient, not enough bathroom capacity (only two sinks on the floor). We would definitely come again though.

We loved this hostel, decor was great and the beds were comfy! Perfect for our stay.

I will most certainly recommend Baxpax Mitte Hostel to all my friends! One of the best hostels I've stayed at! The staff are fantastic. So helpful & friendly.

The staff of the hostel were very unfriendly with us. You only have one plug for all the room (for 12 people) and the wifi doesn't work on the rooms. I don't recommend this hostel because the attention that the recepcionist bring to the people is so bad and the facilities to look for rent a bike or to go anywhere, they didn't bring you.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We take every feedback and suggestions very serious. I'm very sorry to hear about your bad experience with our staff during your stay and we are already looking into the issue. Even though sometimes it might be very busy for our staff here, this should not have happened. I hope you did enjoy your time in Berlin though! I wish you happy travels, Marco

The biggest selling point of the hostel is the super friendly staff! The rooms were clean as well as the linens. The rooms had interesting themes and custom art work. For some one with heavy luggage or in a wheelchair the elevator is a hug benefit! There was some noise from guests but that is an issue in every hostel. I met some really nice travellers though!

• 5th May 2015

Still as good as it was back in 2009 when I came to Berlin for the first time! Also, the staff has excellent taste in music.

nice hostel with facilities, people were all quite friendly. some lovely workers and some quite rude. five euro cash deposit needed for the key, which would not have been an issue if I had been informed earlier that I needed those five euros, but which I spent between dropping off luggage/initially chrcking in, and picking up my key later. thr girl working was quite rude about it and forced me to find an atm at eight pm, instead of simply taking an ID as deposit.

It was a great stay, with a great location next to a U-Bahn station, close to supermarket and to museum Naturkunde.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Slovenia

Fine if you are traveling in a group, but probably not the best place to meet people. Not nearly enough outlets for everyone. Also, you have to keep pressing the button in the showers to turn the water on, like an automatic sink, which is pretty annoying. It was clean, and the staff was polite, and the price was also definitely a plus.

Very good hostel and great value! The location is fine, not exactly in the center but it's easy to get there by public transport. The bedroom is very nice and confortable. Hostel very clean and staff extremelly helpfull :) but there are two problems: the wi-fi is awfull and please fix the light of the bathroom! while taking a shower the light always turn off and that's reaaaaally anoying.

There were 9 lockers in a 12 bed mixed dorm, quite unfair for 3 of us who were staying there for 2 nights but couldn't get any of it. However, security wise is actually quite good, secured doors here and there. Staff were friendly, location was said to be brilliant by the taxi driver, and less than a minute walk to U-bahn. Shower can't seem to adjust the water temperature and was boiling hot, needs to be pressed for water.

Baxpax is a good hostel, good people, very clean. I just didn't like of shower , was desregulated.

The only problem I had was the timed showers - 15 seconds

I had a great experience at Baxpax Mitte Hostel. The staff was friendly, welcoming, and very helpful. It was easy to get to the metro station from the hostel. I would recommend this hostel to a friend. The only suggestion I have is that the wifi wasn´t always accessable from the rooms and I didn´t like having to get a new username and password every day to access the wifi.

Location of the hostel was average, there were a lot of constructions going on around the area. But it's actually an accessible place since it is near a metro stop, no need to walk very far. Entering the hostel is a bit doubtful since we need to pass through the parking lot, go to 2 doors and ride the elevator or walk up the stairs before reaching reception. But things change from negative vibes to all positive. JULIUS, the man at the reception was exceptionally accommodating. Thumbs up for him!

The hostel feels less safe than it is beacause of the location, but as soons as you get in your first impression drastically changes. Because of many construction sites nearby, the location is compromised, but it is still pretty close to the center and to restaurants and clubs. My room had an weird smeel, but in general the bed sheets were very clean, the bathroom and other facilities too.

• 5th Mar 2015

Very cozy hostel, with a bohemian spirit. Lovely rooms, I should say there were few toilettes but very clean

Super cute place, has a bar/cafe in the hostel for you :) the beds were not so great... Wobbly and very loud. Otherwise no complaints!! Great spot.

The only issue was the wifi is iffy sometimes but it's very cool inside, staff helped a lot as well and very secured :)

The internet is very very bad. The staff is not so kind. Good location and very clean