Baxpax Mitte Hostel Reviews

Chausseestrasse 102, 10115 Berlin-Mitte, Berlin, Germany

The hostel feels less safe than it is beacause of the location, but as soons as you get in your first impression drastically changes. Because of many construction sites nearby, the location is compromised, but it is still pretty close to the center and to restaurants and clubs. My room had an weird smeel, but in general the bed sheets were very clean, the bathroom and other facilities too.

• 5th Mar 2015

Very cozy hostel, with a bohemian spirit. Lovely rooms, I should say there were few toilettes but very clean

Super cute place, has a bar/cafe in the hostel for you :) the beds were not so great... Wobbly and very loud. Otherwise no complaints!! Great spot.

The only issue was the wifi is iffy sometimes but it's very cool inside, staff helped a lot as well and very secured :)

The internet is very very bad. The staff is not so kind. Good location and very clean

Really nice hostel with some great staff. A bit further out then the other Baxpax Hostel and further away from East Berlin, but a nice walk to friedrichstrasse where you can get basically anywhere, cheap good places on that walk and cool little room too. Not many power points is all, but the reception area works well for charging/meeting people anyway!

There was a tax for the bed sheets that was not previously advised, the staff was not that polite and the wifi was terrible.

• 28th Dec 2014

Bad: no hot water in the 4th floor; less lockers than beds in the room; terrible wifi (doesn't work in the rooms and sometimes not even in the reception); payed internet in the desktop; impatient and impolite staff (with some exceptions) Good: location and cleanliness

Wonderful place!! Art is in the atmosphere. really polite staff and a good chill out common area

This is the best hostel I've ever been to. In the beginning, I just want to choose a cheap hostel to stay, and I think even if it's small, ugly, not clean, I won't care. However, this hostel let me feel I still want to go back because of the nice design of the space, nice kitchen with enough equipment, intelligent and friendly staffs. The only problem is there are not enough sockets in a dorm room, but it was okay to me.

Few power sockets and pretty bad showers. Still a decent hostel to stay in.

Considering the very affordable price of 8 euros per night, this place was great. Decent location, comfy beds, pretty good company. I stayed 6 nights and spent Christmas here alone and didn't even mind! My one complaint would be the lack of hot showers. Those were a major disappointment, since I was there in December. They were lukewarm at the very best. But like I said... 8 euros per night. Overall I would recommend it.

• 20th Dec 2014

The security muss be strengthened, my friend's money was stolen and the hotel does nothing ! The light in the bathroom was weird, the light will go out when you take a shower!

• 20th Dec 2014
  • China

Good hostel, a totally fine option if you want. City centre hostel. Just be aware of the extra charges that does not appear in the total price...

My friend's iPhone was stolen while he was sleeping. It wouldn't happen if all the lockers in the room were available for us! I don't recommend it in terms of security!!!!

Everything was great, friendly staff and nice common area. Xiaotian Wang, from new york.

You charged us extra for the lenin as compulsary even though it was mentioned to bring our own lenin. Second, the bathroom was not clean. You charge for internet over the computer, I mean who charges for anything and everything, there is something called benefits, which is not there in your case. Who changes internet passwords after every 24hrs, this is ridiculous. Rest of the things were fine. But yes, you charged me for every other thing I could think of.

I've been in many hostels and I think this one was the quietest from all. Maybe because it was not a peak season. But if you are a person who love to walk a hostel is in a very good location, ~20 min on foot to Brandenburg Gate and the area is pretty cheap, so you can find some nice places to have a cheap lunch. And a kitchen in the hostel is fully equipped so it helps to save money too. The best thing is very friendly staff and paintings on walls everywhere!

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Lithuania

Nothing great about it. I had to change hostel in Berlin because of unavailability in my previous one and I found this one pretty dull.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • India

Located far away from the city centre, it's a long walk to get anywhere. The rooms and facilities were clean, however two out of the three staff members working the desk were rude. I would never reccommend this place to a friend