Baxpax Mitte Hostel Reviews

Chausseestrasse 102, 10115 Berlin-Mitte, Berlin, Germany

Nothing great about it. I had to change hostel in Berlin because of unavailability in my previous one and I found this one pretty dull.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • India

Located far away from the city centre, it's a long walk to get anywhere. The rooms and facilities were clean, however two out of the three staff members working the desk were rude. I would never reccommend this place to a friend

Great! Super-clean, comfy beds, staff is very nice, common area is awesome (feels homey), and the NICEST hostel kitchen I've ever seen. (Bonus: Chinese place across the street is authentic!) THIS LOCATION CAN'T BE BEAT! 10-min walk to riverfront bars, 30 to Checkpoint Charlie. Not ideal for longer stays tho: wifi is horrible, rooms are really dark, and showers are lukewarm (plus, the water comes only in 15-second spurts). BUT it's lovely to be surrounded by so much art! Still worth checking out.

+ Functional - Just functional - No drinking of your own alcohol in hostel (why not some beer?) - People don't have basic manners - lound in the corridor, also talking in a room for 8 people at 5 o' clock in the morning. - Doors could be better - the closing and opening "system" is too loud.

Pretty cool place with super chill staff. You are not allowed to bring alcohol back to the hostel, but you can buy beers for a reasonable price from them. There is always someone at the reception 24/7 and they are really nice and chill. The rooms have cool themes, but my room only had one outlet in it. The people there were super cool and everyone went out together at night.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Some of the doors are not working, which means that you can't lock them. It is forbidden to bring any alcohol or guest to your room!!! Everything else is cool. The hostel has a very good atmosphere and located close to everything.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Hungary

I thought the lighting in the room was too dark

• 20th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Everything about the Baxpax Mitte Hostel was pleasant! Beds were comfortable, the price was phenomenal, the location was great (close enough to walk to many attractions, and right next to a U-bahn stop), and everything in general was very nice, if not remarkable. The atmosphere was a bit lacking, but I wasn't in a social mood when I arrived, so that may color my perception of it. Overall, extremely nice place to stay at a great price.

Baxpax Mitte is located quite close to the central HBF station and has a U-Bahn right outside it. The place has a mini pub/ lobby/ kitchen area inside with a good vibe. The rooms are quite good and reflect different themes. The staff were helpful. The check-in starts at 15.30 and will be nice if it could start a bit early. But you can still leave your luggage in the store room. The facilities were quite good too. Had a pretty decent stay here.

Security was great--you have to show your hostel card in order to get into the building. Luggage room is locked and there are lockers inside the rooms. Located right next to the metro, so I found extremely easy to travel through entire Berlin (day metro card costs 6.80 euros and is definitely worth it.) Staff was friendly and helpful. My phone was broken on a holiday and one of the members did their best to help me find a phone shop. Not much mingling.

Great value, wanted to stay longer but they have a 7 day limit. Place is clean. Kitchen works. Motorbike parking in the bicycle area no probs. Most of the staff are really nice as well as very helpful. Note Wifi is generally slow unless there is no one using it. It becomes unstable at peak times. Get in early if you need it. The rooms I saw only had 1 power point each. You can't drink your own booze. "Hidden" sheet charge of E2.50 (total)

Thanks very much for the great stay. I came for two separate nights two days apart and both times felt very welcome. There was a nice mixture of good company and being left alone. Room mates were very kind an considered. The toilets on the floor I was staying on were having some trouble and there were no lights in their on either of the days I stayed, but it is a big hostel and in general seemed very well maintained. Thanks for such a positive experience.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

I really liked Baxpax Mitte. The receptionists during my stay were all really lovely and helpful whenever I asked for anything. I thought security was also good, and I liked that it was a smaller quieter hostel than most. I would probably recommend this hostel to my friends.

Hostel is a bit out of the way and requires trains to get to most places. Staff were unfriendly and quite rude at times, one example being we approached reception to ask for towels to which the girl behind the desk put a back in 10 minutes sign up. She then proceeded to sit there and chat with her fellow colleague. Overall the rooms were comfortable yet not many places to meet other people staying at the hostel. Toilets clogged twice during our stay

• 24th Sep 2014

nice little hostel far from the main attractions but you can walk it in 20 minutes, plenty of restaurants close by, nice rooms slightly small also had lockers, wifi worked in the rooms which is helpful, sometimes the evelater didnt work, walking distance from the station can be far tho bout 20 minutes away you can catch a bus tho, helpful staff would recommend as its was nice to stay in.

nice hostel to stay if you're not looking for a party place. it's actually a quiet hostel and what I do regret is they don't serve breakfast so the common room is really small, not so easy to meet people but we figured it out, and personnel are really nice. thanks!

My cellphone was stolen, don't go there it's not safe!

• 4th Sep 2014

Kitchen is large, wifi only in common area. Surely not the best but it is still ok to stay.

Spacious 10 bed dorm with lockers next to the beds. Wifi didn't work in the rooms just common areas. Don't pick this hostel for the location! It's in the central suburb of Berlin but still takes 20mins to walk to the main tourist attractions or cool places

Such a wonderful colourful hostel, close to lots of things too! It had a kitchen which was great and the rooms were lovely. Other guests here were so friendly too! There's an amazing little cafe down the road opposite the rewe (?) supermarket, we went there every day for breakfast and takeaway sandwiches for lunch! I absolutely loved this hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3