Baxpax Mitte Hostel Reviews

Chausseestrasse 102, 10115 Berlin-Mitte, Berlin, Germany

A hostel with somewhat the feel of a hotel, and not in a particularly good way. You are immediately told that you have to pay an extra €2.50 per night for sheets, which is irritating. The hostel itself is colourful and vibrant, but the rooms arn't air conditioned, and the wifi is temperamental. Berlin is an odd city, in that there is no centre. So location wise it's difficult to catagorise, but it is near to the reichstag and the Brandenburg gate, which is handy. Overall it's a decent hostel.

Very warm and helpful welcome and advice from Nick (I think that was his name) on the reception desk.

Okay for a night or two.

Really near the old town sights,and close enough to trams for a night out. There is a realtively cheap bar and the guy was really nice recommending a great night out, it's not a party hostel and the wifi is a bit dodge but was fun and a decent stay.

• 17th Jul 2014

The location is good and close to quite a bit including a metro line and the main train station. It has a big common room which is nice for meeting people and the rooms are a nice size it just gets really hot and the windows don't open very much. Also the wifi is kinda slow and you have to sign into it every 24 or if you leave and come back which is a pain in the neck. Also one guy at reception was not great. Otherwise the staff were nice and helpful.

First time in a hostel ever and what a brilliant hostel to start my journey in. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and even when I had a major slip up and lost my phone, they couldn't be more helpful in trying to locate it, even at the very late hour. You sit down and someone will come over and talk to you - very friendly atmosphere and clients, and linen is provided at no extra cost (that I noticed anyway). I would definitely return, although it took a bit of hunting to find!

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Baxpax Mitte is close to Brandenburger Tor which is the center of Berlin and even closer to the central station. Both can be reached by walking within 20 min but there is a metro more or less right outside which is very convenient. Nice staff and kitchen area where you can prepare your own food. Beds were very squeaky though so not cool, if you're a light sleeper. Reception and bar was an all-in-one but it worked out ok and people got to talk quicker.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

The place is far from the center, you'll have to take a metro or walk for at least an hour to get to any touristic areas. You have to share 1 bathroom with people from at least 12 more rooms! The social area is really nice though and you can get Berliner beer for 2 euros during Happy Hour. Honestly, the hotel was expensive for what it really offered.

Fantastic place to stay, staff are helpful, rooms are clean and spacious and the facilities are of a high standard. The location is good, your pretty much central to a lot of the attractions, sure there's some walking involved but that wasn't a problem at all. Overall a great place to stay with good value for money. I would recommend this hostel

Really cool hostel, all the rooms have funky design. Very good for a small price.

Nice place, with great location but wifi doesn't work in rooms and there was just two plugs in room for 12 persons.

Staff were very friendly, other hostellers were lovely and hostel in a very nice area. Only complaint would be that when we got to our room there were only 10 lockers for a 12 bed room, so we did not all have a locker on the first night but people seemed so lovely it didn't seem to be an issue.

Baxpax was great! The staff , especially Chris, were awesome . No complaints.

I felt that they are tricky, in the conditions of the terms the ask for extra money apart from the bill that hostelworld send me to my email. I told to the recepcionist I was going to write a review over that and he unrespectfully said he was going to delet my comentary. The rest is ok the hostel.

• 17th Jun 2014

The hostel had a great location, close to a metro station. But also close enough to the main attractions to walk if you wanted to. I really liked the atmosphere and got to meet some really nice people. The only downside that there were only two showers and two toilets for females for the entire floor. My room alone had 12 persons in it, imagine that we shared the floor with multiple rooms. Quite a queue in the mornings.

Stayed here before and would do so again. I like that it's not a party hostel, but it still has lots of atmosphere as there is a large communal space.

poor wifi network

We had a pleasant stay with Baxpax Mitte. We loved the different themed rooms! The staff were friendly and very helpful. It was great having a kitchen so that we could store food in the fridge.

• 12th Jun 2014

I stayed in 12 mixed dorm with my friend. We were there only 2 nights. Reception guy was good and helpful and when you ask sth to him he always say "yep" :)) Then staff was good but beds always make noise. Showers are good enough, I didnt use kitchen but there was everything for cooking ı guess. There wasnt plug in room(only one) for everybody and wi-fi connection in room. If u need internet connection and electricity u should stay on corridor sofas. And ı am sure that security is good enough..

One of the worst Hostelstuff ever! I travelled around the world and stayed in many hostels. But here, the staff was extreme unfriendly. (don´t know about all) Served us after 1hr waiting, told us off, tried to overcharge us, didn´t show any facilities, gave only one keycard.... Remember that there are many hidden costs, like city tax, bed sheets, key deposit, towel, bike rental... The security system (showing a card to a camera) is questionable. The rest is ok. I don´t come back there.

• 3rd Jun 2014