Baxpax Mitte Hostel Reviews

Chausseestrasse 102, 10115 Berlin-Mitte, Berlin, Germany

Had to go up 5 flights of stairs just to be in a room where it's tough to sleep because sirens and the nightlife outside is very loud. Very dirty. So on and so forth.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Rooms are very very cramped, 8 beds in a very tiny room with no ventilation meant that it got very hot and stuffy. Facilities were very basic. There was nowhere to put a backpack so had to sleep with it in the bed. There was nowhere to lock away valuables and the place felt very unsafe. However, it was fairly cleans and the staff were relatively friendly and the wifi was good. I think this hostel is massively over priced for what it offers.

The rooms had weird decorations, two showers for the whole floor made it hard to get out early, I really dont like when hostels charge extra for bed linen even if you dont need it ( we are traveling with sleeping bags), common area was really small and wifi didnt work in the rooms

Great kitchen/living space, very sociable and met loads of people. Young blonde girl was very nice and helpful! But other staff seemed confused and inexperience, couldn't answer our questions.

Absolutely loved this place..... Close to everything including the international train station.... Cheap drinks if you want a night in and very helpful staff.. I felt so safe here.

• 11th Jun 2015

Wifi was terrible, toilets were dirty, staff were not very helpful or friendly and didn't open the door sometimes

This is a party hostel meant for hooking up and puking all over the bathroom and leaving human feces in the shower. I witnessed all of those things while staying at this hostel!!

For a quick night it worked out great. If you need to get some sleep don't stay in the larger rooms way to much activity, but that's Berlin.

Well, it's a place to crash for a night or two. No more,no less. Good location. Not that clean. Wouldn't recommend.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The wifi on the other hand was a bit of a nuisance, it consistently logged you out while you were using it and sometimes for extended periods of time wouldn't let you log in at all.

Clean hostel with good location. Artwork at the room though was very weird and not very pleasant. Staff at the reception had different rules about using the luggage room so we got yelled at because we stored the luggage too long time though we were told we are allowed to keep them there all day. There was also some kind of confusion about the payment and I had to go on and on about it to make it right. Wifi worked only at the common space. I would not recommend this place.

Really good hostel

They had an amazing staff that helped us get settled. The rooms have themes on them. They have a kitchen with all the necessary utensils to cook and a fridge too! You can get picked up from the hostel for a free tour of the city. The wifi works on all the rooms.

We had a lovely stay, many thanks! Pros: perfectly located, bathrooms/rooms very clean, staff exceptionally nice; Cons: kitchen + storage space (fridges) not sufficient, not enough bathroom capacity (only two sinks on the floor). We would definitely come again though.

It's a big hostel so it can get pretty rowdy in the evenings. The kitchen is very useful and the location is quite central.

We loved this hostel, decor was great and the beds were comfy! Perfect for our stay.

I will most certainly recommend Baxpax Mitte Hostel to all my friends! One of the best hostels I've stayed at! The staff are fantastic. So helpful & friendly.

The staff of the hostel were very unfriendly with us. You only have one plug for all the room (for 12 people) and the wifi doesn't work on the rooms. I don't recommend this hostel because the attention that the recepcionist bring to the people is so bad and the facilities to look for rent a bike or to go anywhere, they didn't bring you.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We take every feedback and suggestions very serious. I'm very sorry to hear about your bad experience with our staff during your stay and we are already looking into the issue. Even though sometimes it might be very busy for our staff here, this should not have happened. I hope you did enjoy your time in Berlin though! I wish you happy travels, Marco

The biggest selling point of the hostel is the super friendly staff! The rooms were clean as well as the linens. The rooms had interesting themes and custom art work. For some one with heavy luggage or in a wheelchair the elevator is a hug benefit! There was some noise from guests but that is an issue in every hostel. I met some really nice travellers though!

• 5th May 2015

Still as good as it was back in 2009 when I came to Berlin for the first time! Also, the staff has excellent taste in music.