Baxpax Mitte Hostel Reviews

Chausseestrasse 102, 10115 Berlin-Mitte, Berlin, Germany

The man in the reception was very unfriendly and should be renoved. He wanted the guests to be sorry for him, as he "has to work on a sunday" and made us all feel very uncomfortable as if we shouldn't be allowed to have requests or have questions. We also had to pay an extra city tax which was not included in the tax. Also they wanted us to pay extra for the sheets, which we refused.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Need more bathrooms and showers. It's very loud with music all night and all of the beds in the room squeezed. Two of the staff members were fantastic whereas one was always cranky and seemed like every question annoyed her. Very good location, right on the metro line, or easy walk 20 minutes to the train station or 25 minutes to Brandenburg Gate. Nicely decorated rooms. Would definitely stay there again and recommend others to stay as we'll.

It was a rather good experience for me in this hostel, the staff was great and spoke great english, internet was okay, breakfast was simple. The location is very central and easy to go to 5mins from the train.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Philippines

I think the staff did great! They helped me a lot. Everything worked very good. Just one important thing... You guys need extra plugs in the rooms to charge the mobile phones! ASAP.

• 4th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

The lockers in our room had no keys, so I had to put my valuables in the safe. It was kind of inconvenient to have to ask the staff any time I wanted to use my laptop, but apart from that, there was nothing else wrong with the hostel!

A little bit far away from city centre but all other things are good

Very charming and chill. Comfortable, friendly and unique atmosphere. Clean facilities with amenities, a real bonus for a hostel. Comfortable bunk mattresses. Nice Kitchen, its like a bar very cute. Staff is a nice mix of personalities. The vibe makes you want to stay more than a few days, truly homey. The hot water on the first floor shower seems more elusive, probably because more people are using the downstairs facilities. But you can always bounce upstairs. Nice lounge up there 2.

Good place to stay. Easy to get everywhere in Berlin!

It's a nice hostel and I enjoyed my stay in there. Just two remarks about the bathroom: it would be much better if the light could keep on while we use the bathroom (or at least the motion detector should be located in a place where we wouldn't need to leave the bathroom stall to make a move). At last, it would be more pleasant for travellers if we could control the water's temperature.

I arrived at here around 11pm. The reception is not located directly at the entrance, instead it is on 3rd/4th floor so you need to take a rather creepy walk before reaching there. However, apart from this only downside, the overall experience was just amazing. That was my first time staying in a hostel and I can't understand why people complained about this hostel! Rooms are stunning. Bed, linens, toilet, shower room are all clean. Staffs are helpful. Homey atmosphere with interesting people!!!

Communal showers only seemed to be cleaned once a day, when shared with two dozen guys it doesn't look pretty for the majority of the day. The lights in the shower also turn on/off automatically so if your shower took longer than a couple minutes you'd have to walk out of the stall to reset them. There were two power outlets in a room for 10, not sufficient for modern travellers. Location was excellent, so could be worthwhile if you can overlook the above.

We found a familiar atmosphere and a lot of people to talk with in the hall.

One plug for a large dorm. and not many more to use outside the room.

There were a lot of slightly annoying things about this hostel that really added up. The room was significantly colder than the rest of the hostel, the shower only had one temperature (very hot), the Wi-Fi was spotty and had a very annoying log-in process, and one of the women at the front desk was rather grumpy and unhelpful. (The other woman was very pleasant, friendly and helpful.) However, the room was comfortable and clean, which is sufficient to get by for travelers on a budget.

• 1st Nov 2013

I was a bit dubious about this hostel at first:I thought it might be a cheap party hostel. But it was friendly, good value for money, clean and safe. Only negative was the beds: they were so noisy that everytime you move you wake up yourself and/or the rest of the room.

In my opinion, it's better to charge more for the night than to charge another 2,5 euros for the pillow, blanket etc at the arrival. Apart from that, 1,5 euros for using Internet sounds a bit strange for me. Also, for the same coffee in the morning we paid 1,4 euros, on the evening - 2,10. Bathrooms were really clean, we liked them, also the possibility of drinking beer on the evening in a living room on the reception. Beds could be more comfortable.