Baxpax Mitte Hostel Reviews

Chausseestrasse 102, 10115 Berlin-Mitte, Berlin, Germany

The 24 hour reception was great. I enjoyed the fact they were always playing music, I gave a cozy vibe. The only real downside was not having a personal locker to keep important belongings in, although I was satisfied that they were ok once the staff put them in the large safe.

• 31st Oct 2015

Perfect vibe and excellent location. The only negative thing is that there's wifi only in reception and not good.

Poor wifi connectivity between 8pm & 11pm. It was too loud after 10pm. Be aware of noise in the evening coming from a dance school located in the same building.

Rip-off: tax not inc, a charge for bed linen not inc, and you even have to pay to store luggage! Wifi: didn't reach to rooms. Plug sockets: 2 for a 10-bed dorm?! Showers: appalling - have to re-press the button every 10 seconds, boiling hot then freezing cold. Also only 2 women showers on a floor with 9 dorm rooms! Directions: completely wrong, mention non-existent bus, left us very stuck when we arrived in the city at midnight. Staff: mixed experience, one very rude.

Staff member we dealt with was not helpful and quite rude at times. Made us waste time for her to finish with her "ten minute" sign which seemed to go up frequently. Obviously later a manager was there and she was surprisingly much nicer when we went to get a locker key. Sometimes the door wasn't opened for us when we rang the buzzer. Overall clean hostel but worth paying a bit more to get a smaller room. The showers on our floor were broken for one day when we stayed.

Comfortable beds. Hot water didn't work the first couple days but then got fixed. Showers are very simple -- push for a 10-second flush of hot water; no option to control the temp. Nice staff at the desk 24hrs, and they serve good coffee and drinks at a non-outrageous price. Kitchen available for cooking. Social atmosphere. Can't bring outside alcohol in. They make your bed everyday :) Had a big private room with 2 twin beds, big windows. Very easy access to public transit (U-Bahn, S-Bahn, etc).

• 11th Oct 2015

It was good but no real atmosphere. Staff very nice and helped get me a taxi early in the morning. In a very good location

Really lovely, chilled place. Possibly worth mentioning that it's above a bar/dance place, for direction purposes! Rooms were nice, common area nice, though kitchen a bit small and not very much fridge space! Wifi codes really not an problem- don't see why others have complained. It's really fine. Only minority annoying thing was having to continually press the button in the showers to keep them on, but that's only a small thing. Overall, really nice.

• 5th Oct 2015

I was impessed by the generosity and kindness from one of the staff, this woman from Czech. The beds were OK, they just made loud noises. Sadly when i got to my room, nobody could use the lockers because they told us they had lost some keys last summer. The urinal broke down on the second day and we couldn't use it anymore. One major problem are the cards to open the doors, sometimes they dont work anymore and you cant get inside. Despite the inconveniences I think I'd stay at the hostel again.

The hostel needs a bit of maintenance and some improvements like more energy sockets (just two in a room for 6 people is not enough), the sofas in the lounge are too old and internet connection was a suffering. Besides this, it is the cheaper hostel in Berlin and the location is good enough.

This hostel was pretty good and it did the job - it was a good place to sleep if you're gonna be out all day sightseeing like I was, but as a solo traveller definitely not a place to meet people. No one really talks in the common areas, there were lots of school groups etc there who weren't up for socialising with the rest. Clean, good facilities, however why charge for linen - clearly not a hit with the guests!! Guy who checked me in was lovely - rest of the staff a little rude.

Showers were quite annoying with the water only lasting for five seconds before shutting off. This was in the girl's bathroom on the 4th floor. Security card on 5th floor takes way too long to work, and everyone else I knew had problems. Wifi was pretty strong but it dropped out frequently and the system with the different daily passwords is time consuming and unnecessary. Rooms were very clean and so were the showers. Reception staff generally nice and sort of helpful.

probably the worst hostel I stayed in on my three month trip. staff were unfriendly, kitchen was poor, and the rooms were horrible. no WiFi in rooms, and only one PowerPoint for 10 beds. I don't need a lamp in my bed, I need a charging point

Good Location staff was ok wifi Kept signing out so You Always have to Sign in again

Good location as close to tram and underground lines with easy access to train station. Bedrooms and bathrooms v clean but shocking plug facilities in each room. 3 electricity sockets between 8 people not good enough. We found staff at reception very unhelpful with recommending good places to eat/visit so definitely know what you're going for and do some of your own research before staying here.

- Shower was broken and nobody worked on it. It was just closed. - No electric plug at the bed. 8 Bed dorm - 1 plug close to the door.. never had that at a hostel before. - internet extremely slow. however, quite friendly staff

comfy ass beds!!! thats all i can say

Good location - about 100m from nearest underground. The streets surrounding the hotel are a bit quiet but there is nice restaurants and it's only 20 mins into kreuzberg where there is loads of bars and clubs. We got a locker in our room, beds were comfy and clean, showers were clean and warm, toilets were clean, floors were clean. Not a lot of atmosphere in the hostel but still easy to meet people. Would definitely recommend if you're on a budget like we were!!

Soooo pleased to have stayed in such a nice hostel after two nights in a grotty youth hostel in Amsterdam which has cost us more per night. So sociable- got chattin to lots of other travellers. Super clean, homely, recommendations written on the walls etc, shame it was a good 35minute walk to centre. Note: s bahn is free for those with interail passes!

Every room has a different theme and painted according to it which is really nice. Rooms are clean. We had only 1 plug socket for 8 people room. Cannot connect wifi from room. Hostel is very close to subway station and only 2 stops away from center.

« first « Prev 1 2 3