Bay Adventurer Apartments and Backpackers Resort Reviews

28 Kings Rd, Bay of Islands, Paihia, New Zealand

Unfortunately the atmosphere in the hostel wasn´t cosy, because it was a big hostel but at the moment(off season) almost empty.

I loved this place! It was so difficult to leave I kept extending my stay. The staff was wonderful - friendly and beyond helpful. The other travelers were wonderful as well. Lots of solo travelers looking to make friends. There was always something to do, from BBQs to outings with the hostel to going out with the hostel to just watching movies and chatting. Internet was always accessible, the kitchen and bathrooms fulfilled basic needs and the dorms were quite comfortable. No doubt I'll return

Great place to stay in Paihia! I choose this place originally because it was cheap so I wasn't expected too much. Beds were decent and the whole place was at a standard level clean. The rooms had large lockers that could fit everything I had which was nice. The open courtyard made socializing during the day easy. What really made this place great was the staff. They were all friendly, sociable, and helpful which made my stay better than I had expected. I'd definitely stay again if I'm ever back

Great place.....great staff, friendly and fun!

Loved staying here! The staff are super friendly and helpful, everything is kept very clean and the free to use computers, ipads, phones, ect were awesome!

Awesome hostel, staff are extremely helpful and friendly! Big clean kitchen, free computers and tablet to Skype, free 30 mins calls international.. Socialable hostel with large social area indoor and outdoors. Such a great atmosphere I will be back.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Door lock didnt work properly. Staff were aloof and busy doing who knows what. It rained with gale force winds the whole time we were there and the staff could not recommended what we could do and no services or socials organised so...stayed in room all the time. Boring place.

• 29th Aug 2014

A lot of free activities! Great facilities, specially the kitchen area - Play some Wii, have a chat & just chill out! Definitely coming back! (BIG bonus - free towels, very friendly staff!)

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Great staff, love the kitchen/common area

Very friendly staff, hostel very clean and perfect situation, close to the beach ! A lot of free facilities: bike, kayak, tea, coffee, international calls... Would definitely come back !

• 26th Jul 2014

Staff were very friendly, great atmosphere only down point was the bikes. Not in great condition. Otherwise I would recommended this place to anyone! Great value for money!

Great hostel, good time of year to go...had a dorm room to myself, was bliss.... Plus free internet-bonus...would def stay there again...

Great value for the money! Very clean and great bathrooms! Just next to all the bars in town!

The staff were extremely helpful. Dorms and hostel in general was very clean. I liked you could rent tablets for free during your stay and there was a Wii you could use.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Wales

Great place to stay, friendly staff, clean safe rooms with lockers, great facilities. Could have done with some entertainment in the hostel on Friday or Saturday night but there was plenty going on in neighbouring hoste so it didn't matter too much.

Great place to stay. Free phone calls, tablets, kayak and bikes! Enjoyed the time here. Friendly staff! Thumbs up!!!

• 13th May 2014

Good stay. For 2 nights I had a 6-pers dorm to myself. Kind staff. You can hire kayaks and bikes (and more) for free (most bikes are not safe or able for use (bad brakes or unable to actually cycle at all - but hey, it was free.. but still, be careful). The main space has a big TV, showing nice movies in the evening. Automatic lights switch off quickly while going to toilet/shower at evening/night, not handy.. Good location. Nice kitchen.And lockers in room (bring your own lock!)

Really cool place to just chill out.

I spent three nights at Bay Adventurer in beautiful Paihia. The hostel is ideally located, very clean, friendly staff. It is motel style, so does not feel very safe and is more appropriate for warm weather, as you need to walk outside to get to the facilities. I arrived after the reception closing time and my key had been left in a place where I would never have looked, had it not been for another traveller who found it for me. I had booked a ladies only dorm, but was in a mixed one by mistake.