Bazar Hostel Reviews

Dohany u. 22-24, Budapest, Hungary

Pretty cool hostel. Not really a place that promotes interaction amongst guest. Just the way it's laid out. More of a sleep and go. Great location. Near a major bar street. Also a drawback. If you expect to sleep forget it. Nights are VERY loud here. Stay is cool. A couple of the day shift guys are sarcastic as hell but ok I guess. Most were helpful.

The hostel is small but very reasonable, staff are friendly and are there to make your life comfortable. Small things like there were no sheets on my bed, but I asked for them at the desk and they gave them to me right away. There is a center table in the common area and people are sitting and talking there all the time -- as a single traveler it was easy to meet people, and it's just around the corner from szimpla kert, best ruin pub. Definitely would stay again. Unbeatable for the price.

• 9th Aug 2014

This was an excellent hostel, particularly due to the very helpful and friendly staff. Hostel was in a convenient location and the dorms were very clean with everything we needed.

Great hostel, good atmosphere, easy to meet people, lots of fun. Wish I could have stayed longer. I arrived early but they lt me hang out there and lock my stuff up and take a shower before going out for the day. Only complaint is that due to a mix up I ended up being changed from female dorm to private with ensuite, which would have been a bonus if it weren't for the fact I ended up with an uncomfortable camp bed instead of a real bed. But to be fair I was too drunk by the time I got in to care

• 18th Jul 2014

Staffs are really nice and friendly!They also have a good washing machine just downstairs. Wifi work really good in the common area and room. Toilet is clean and i saw them clean it few times a day.I really like the private locker for each customer, coz it is big enough to store things.There are many good bars nearby but this is a problem if you want a quiet place to sleep.I hardly fell asleep during weekends because of the noise and hot temperature.Coz they only have air-con in the lobby.

This hostel is well located in Budapest. It has a bar underneath it that can be loud, but it's not unbearable. The rooms do not have AC but the common area does. Sometimes there is a wait for the shower and bathroom since there are only two stalls for each. The staff was very, very helpful and helped us buy train tickets, locate stuff on maps and also gave us advice on where to go out. It wasn't too social of a hostel, but it might have been because of the people there at that time.

Great location! Walking distance to everything you'd want to see and close to Metro if needed. One small common area for everyone but easy to meet people and start conversation. I stayed in room 11 and wifi didn't work. Had to get passcode from bar downstairs but they shut their wifi off at 12 or 1am. Bathrooms were cleaned daily but toilet paper wasn't replaced which was annoying. Room was VERY hot. No A/C. Staff very friendly and helpful. Free computers with internet in common room to use.

Amazing location, very helpful and friendly staff!

I really enjoyed my stay at Bazar Hostel and the staff were very friendly and helpful :)

I had a great time at Bazar hostel! Good atmosphere, very secure and nice staff. The only negative was that it's located right above a bar, so during the weekend music was playing all night.

Loved my stay there, staff were very friendly. The hostel had a great chill out area and it's location was really easy to reach. will definitely go back if I'm back at the city.

Everything was good there :)

This is my favorite hostel I have stayed in so far. It's smaller than the party hostels, and offers a chill atmosphere. The restroom facilities were spotless, good water pressure, and hot showers. The staff were also super helpful -- recommending good restaurants, activities, and bars. I will definitely stay here again when I come back to Budapest

Really nice staff, tea&coffee 4 free, good localisation - in Jewish District, next to metro station. Clean and nice rooms

• 12th May 2014
  • Poland

Really good hostel! You get a free beer when you first arrive just for do a check-in on facebook, it is amazing! haha

Staff really attentive, they try to help you in everything you need. very good situation, near the metro, and you can walk by food arround the city center. The only important thing to notice is that there is a night pub bellow the hostel, and the music is quite high.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Great helpful stuff and relaxing atmosphere. Location is ideal for sightseeing and going out. Highly recommended!!

• 22nd Apr 2014