Bazar Hostel

Superb 584 Total Reviews

• courtssmith
10th Jun 2017
6.3

The hostel was fine overall, seems to be a lot of staff, only one or two made any effort to be friendly. Rooms were not cleaned for 3 days into our stay, possibly longer as not sure how long before we arrived it had been cleaned. Kitchen facilities and wifi were good.

4th Jun 2017
8.0

Really nice hostel - we had a private room with an ensuite which was quite big, nice big windows meant the room stayed cool and the kitchen was well equipped.

• hcenslen
  • Australia, Couple, 18-24
3rd Jun 2017

I thought it would just be another average hostel but this place is great! We had a warm welcome by a staff member. He gave us towels for free! The room was nice and clean with an ensuite. They have cheap beer at reception. I'm sad we missed dinner. Location is wonderful! There's a popular ruin bar right around the corner. Thanks guys!

26th May 2017

Great hostel in a really good location. Really clean and secure. Free coffee! Would definitely come back!

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
22nd May 2017

Great hostel, but as the only girl staying there among some older men, it wasn't the best time. But the hostel it self was great! Guess I'm just out of season.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
18th May 2017

I loved everything about this hostel during my stay! The location was perfect, staff were very knowledgeable and always willing to help and socialize with the guests. The rooms and bathrooms I found super clean and tidy and bed was super comfy. I would definitely recommend to anyone coming to Budapest! Thanks bazar :)

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
9th May 2017

A fantastic hostel located right in the Jewish quarter, and within walking distance of all the main sights of Budapest. Free towels, tea and coffee, hairdryer etc, always appreciated! :D Staff are friendly and the place isn't too big, so it's easy to get to know fellow travellers. Thanks to everyone at Bizzare Bazar! :)

27th Apr 2017
6.6

My stay was okay. Normally I would be okay with the atmosphere I think, but as a solo traveller this time I was a bit weary. The staff made me feel uncomfortable and sort of unwelcome, and I'm not 100% confident my sheets were clean. But I will try not to think too hard about that. Towels are free and the lockers have shelves, which were nice surprises though! And right around the corner from Szimpla Kert.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
29th Mar 2017
7.7

Bazar seemed great upon first impression but the wifi didn't work throughout our entire stay which was extremely frustrating. We asked the staff multiple times on multiple days to help us and restore connection - nothing was done. The staff rotates too often for anyone to get to know you. Also, there was almost no one in the hostel over the weekend which was also disappointing. Had a lot of potential, but lost it quickly.

25th Mar 2017
7.7

The hostel was in a good location. Staff was helpful in explaining where to go and what to do. I stayed in the all girls 6 person dorm and had the room to myself for the entire time. Bed was okay but I had an allergic reaction to the sheets or whatever detergent they use. Bathroom was clean but the shower drain desperately needed to be unclogged. Also one bathroom for a 6 girl dorm room sounds like it could be an issue if the dorm was completely packed. Wifi in the bedroom was terrible.