Bazar Hostel Reviews

Dohany u. 22-24, Budapest, Hungary

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. Very clean, with friendly staff and the best possible localization.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Poland

Thank you Wojciech Mielczarek for your glowing review of our hostel. It is great to know that all of our hard work is not missed, and that all the training and effort the staff put into their job is not wasted. Thank you again! And you are always welcome to stay with us anytime :). Craig - Hostel Manager

Bedrooms were fine but atmosphere was poor. People didn't interact between them. Staff didn't know anything about the city.

Hello Aroa, thank you so much for your feedback, as it helps us get better and better. We are very sorry you did not find the atmosphere to your liking - this is something we can rarely be in control of so we believe it is unfair to blame the hostel if people did not interact. I realize this is very important, and we try our best. On the two days that you stayed, we had two members of staff who are dedicated to giving information to the guests. Sorry you didn't get much use out of them. Craig

My boyfriend and I had a great time at the Bazar Hostel! The location is perfect and is easy to get to from the airport. Jim was at the front desk when we arrived, and he was awesome! We stayed in a private ensuite room, and everything was clean and in excellent condition. The kitchen facilities were nice as well. Nothing bad to say about our experience! We would stay at this hostel again if we visit Budapest in the future.

Hello Afton and boyfriend! thank you for the great review. Thankfully you could see the hard work we pour into the hostel, to keep it clean and the ensure that our guests have a great time in the hostel, but more importantly out of it. You are always more than welcome to stay with us again. Take care. Craig - Hostel Manager

You make your own bed upon arrival, which I don't fully understand. After a long trip that's the last thing I wanna do. The staff is great, and the common area is extremely comfortable. Chill atmosphere, great wifi connection everywhere, and clean bathrooms. The bunks weren't very sturdy, but that could be fixed if they secured them to the wall. I wish every dorm had a sign saying 'If you're checking out early, pack the night before so you don't wake everyone up'

Hello Jameel, thank you for the honest review. We are very grateful as it pushes our hostel to be better and better. We try our hardest to keep everything clean, to make sure the staff go the extra mile with the guests and that the hostel has a great atmosphere. We ask the guests to make their own bed as it is less confusing to see where someone is sleeping, checked out and forgot to bring their sheets - basically to show that everything is perfectly clean when you arrive. Please come back

Really cool staff, great location, free wifi, free pancakes one morning, kitchen, great location, free drink on check-in. Everything close by, clean, helpful staff, printed my bus tickets for me! Lounge/common area is a bit cramped though. Too many ppl on holiday just laying around. I still highly recommend though.

Thank you Sergio! A great review for us, so it means that we tried hard to make sure our staff are cool, friendly and up-to-date with local information and events. Our printing facilities, like our tea and coffee is always free, and sometimes we make pancakes too :). Sorry to hear about the common area being cramped. We try to get people out and about to enjoy the city, but some people just want to relax in our inviting atmosphere and good music taste. We cant blame them. Please come back soon

Had a great few days in the hostel. I like the gathering area in the middle where every hostelvisitor could go to eat, play cards, drink or just to meet new people.

• 22nd Aug 2014

I spent almost 3 weeks at Bazar Hostel and I had a great time. I slept in a 6 bed dormitory. The rooms are clean and the matresses are pretty good. The common area is cosy and big. Therefore it is easy to meet new people. Location is perfect. There is a lively nightlife on the streets with a lot of bars just around the corner (don't forget your earplugs when you are sensitive). But the biggest plus of the hostel is the staff itself. All of them are very friendly and helpful. Great people.

Pretty cool hostel. Not really a place that promotes interaction amongst guest. Just the way it's laid out. More of a sleep and go. Great location. Near a major bar street. Also a drawback. If you expect to sleep forget it. Nights are VERY loud here. Stay is cool. A couple of the day shift guys are sarcastic as hell but ok I guess. Most were helpful.

The staff are amazing, the kitchen is amazing, the location is amazing and the girls I met in my all female dorm were great too!!!! So so worth it!

The hostel is small but very reasonable, staff are friendly and are there to make your life comfortable. Small things like there were no sheets on my bed, but I asked for them at the desk and they gave them to me right away. There is a center table in the common area and people are sitting and talking there all the time -- as a single traveler it was easy to meet people, and it's just around the corner from szimpla kert, best ruin pub. Definitely would stay again. Unbeatable for the price.

• 9th Aug 2014

This was an excellent hostel, particularly due to the very helpful and friendly staff. Hostel was in a convenient location and the dorms were very clean with everything we needed.

Great hostel, good atmosphere, easy to meet people, lots of fun. Wish I could have stayed longer. I arrived early but they lt me hang out there and lock my stuff up and take a shower before going out for the day. Only complaint is that due to a mix up I ended up being changed from female dorm to private with ensuite, which would have been a bonus if it weren't for the fact I ended up with an uncomfortable camp bed instead of a real bed. But to be fair I was too drunk by the time I got in to care

• 18th Jul 2014

Staffs are really nice and friendly!They also have a good washing machine just downstairs. Wifi work really good in the common area and room. Toilet is clean and i saw them clean it few times a day.I really like the private locker for each customer, coz it is big enough to store things.There are many good bars nearby but this is a problem if you want a quiet place to sleep.I hardly fell asleep during weekends because of the noise and hot temperature.Coz they only have air-con in the lobby.

This hostel is well located in Budapest. It has a bar underneath it that can be loud, but it's not unbearable. The rooms do not have AC but the common area does. Sometimes there is a wait for the shower and bathroom since there are only two stalls for each. The staff was very, very helpful and helped us buy train tickets, locate stuff on maps and also gave us advice on where to go out. It wasn't too social of a hostel, but it might have been because of the people there at that time.

Great location! Walking distance to everything you'd want to see and close to Metro if needed. One small common area for everyone but easy to meet people and start conversation. I stayed in room 11 and wifi didn't work. Had to get passcode from bar downstairs but they shut their wifi off at 12 or 1am. Bathrooms were cleaned daily but toilet paper wasn't replaced which was annoying. Room was VERY hot. No A/C. Staff very friendly and helpful. Free computers with internet in common room to use.

Amazing location, very helpful and friendly staff!

I really enjoyed my stay at Bazar Hostel and the staff were very friendly and helpful :)

I had a great time at Bazar hostel! Good atmosphere, very secure and nice staff. The only negative was that it's located right above a bar, so during the weekend music was playing all night.

Loved my stay there, staff were very friendly. The hostel had a great chill out area and it's location was really easy to reach. will definitely go back if I'm back at the city.