Bazar Hostel Reviews

Dohany u. 22-24, Budapest, Hungary

Stayed in a private double room. Room was big enough and bathroom was more than adequate. No air conditioning in the room, only in the common areas. Common area had a great social atmosphere. Check in system was clunky for us, not sure if its a recurring problem but prefer just regular paperwork to a computer check in system. All in all it was a nice place to stay in.

• 18th Jul 2015

This hostel is in a really great location. The staff also went out of their way to be helpful. For example, I had an issue with my credit card while booking an airport shuttle online, and the manager booked the shuttle FOR ME using his card and let me pay him cash. The only small issue I had was that my bunk didn't have an individual plug/light like bunks typically do, and the wifi didn't catch very well into the dorm. Wifi in commons area was great though. Great experience in a wonderful city!

Great staff, lovely atmosphere and so central. Cool vibes and spacious enough rooms. Bathrooms were clean. Only issue was that the aircon only worked in the communal area. The rooms were so hot at night.

I had a nice experience. The staff even didn't charge me despite I had a check out delay after a hard night ;) The only thing which could be improved is the fact that the rooms have no AC. It was super hot so many people were simply sleeping in the common room which has AC. But still I would recommend this hostel!

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Austria

The location was great, just some minutes away from Vaci Utca, which is one of the most touristic street near the rivers. Just around the corner there was a great bohemian boulevard full of young people. The service was quite fine, the receptionists were kind and disposed to help. If you are a sensitive sleeper I would recommend to bring some earplugs, otherwise you won't be able to sleep because of the noise of the street. All in all, I highly recommend this place.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Relly good hostel with nice and helpfull staff.

It is a great hostel in the center of the city. The staff was really friendly. It is one of the best hostels I have ever been to. I recommend it for everyone :)

Great place, homely and friendly, very clean and organised, staff were all very helpful and understood English Bazaar hostel would be the best iv stayed at by far Accommodated many different age groups within our family from 9 yr old to 80 yr old Thankyou bazaar hostel I would highly recommend you to our friends, Australian family xx

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The place is well decorated, the staff were very friendly and helpful! Facilities were great, it was well looked after and clean. Great social area and convenient location. Couldn't ask for anything more from a hostel, excellent value for money.

When you first arrive, it can be hard to find. It is confusing because the downstairs restaurant part (which was closed when i arrived) seemed like the only entrance. I finally figured it out, but a sign or better directions would have been nice. Overall though, I enjoyed my stay here. The hostel staff was particularly helpful.

Had a great stay here and was such good value for money! Jim, one of the hostel staff, was absolutely marvellous. Would definitely come back here.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, giving me information on where to eat and things to do in Budapest. The hostel was clean and had a nice atmosphere. I was staying in the 6-bed female dorm with an ensuite and the bathroom facilities were great! Overall very impressed and had a lovely stay.

Great hostel, great location. I felt like I was staying at a friends house. It is loud, however. Blame the post war communist architecture for the paper thin walls. If you're looking to bar hop and party, this is definitely the place. If you're looking for a quiet place to sleep, maybe look elsewhere.