Fabulous 126 Total Reviews
Fabulous 126 Total Reviews
Bazils hostel & Surf school Located at 54/56 Russell Street, , Westport.
New Zealand
Westport 7866 54/56 Russell Street
86% 126
-41.7548261 171.5997505
    Rooms available

• Italy, Female, 31-40
14th Jan 2017
5.4

I got there very tired as can happen with travellers, just wanted to take off my shoes, lay on the bed and make some arrangements and cancellations for my journey.. I was already checked in.. The recepcionist refuse to give me the wifi password, he said something like, I have to finish checking in like 2 buses of people before giving you the wifi password.. What that has to do with me?..

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
4th Jan 2017

Awesome hostel. Super friendly staff and also very helpful. Highly recommend to all!

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
17th Dec 2016

This is a great hostel if you want to relax and chill out! Great atmosphere, great facilities, staff friendly and helpful and the hostel is next door to an excellent gym - only $6 for entry and full use. Also near a few nice cafes and restaurants. Free unlimited wifi. Surfing and paddle boarding run from the hostel every day, weather permitting. Mountain bikes also available to rent. Highly recommended!

• Germany, Male, 18-24
15th Dec 2016

Very nice hostel and facilities in excellent condition; friendly and helpful owners and staff with ideas on what to do in Westport and surrounds. Nice room, even though it was small and the room itself did not have lockers. All in all the hostel has great vibes and I throughly enjoyed my stay!

12th Dec 2016

Great little hostel, in a fantastic location, with fantastic hang out areas in the kitchen and lounge. Only sour points are a lack of lockers for smaller items, although that seem to be a theme on the South Island - the receptionist, Tom, did offer to store any high-value items behind the counter however. The Kiwi Experience does stop here, so there are 20+ people arriving everyday at around 4pm, although they leave before 9am the next day - great to meet new people.

28th Nov 2016
8.0

I would stay here again! The showers and laundry location weren't my favorite, but I felt safe and we had everything we needed. The staff was very friendly and there are multiple kitchens/hang out areas so it never felt too crowded!

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
25th Nov 2016

Awesome people, great atmosphere, good vibes. ;)

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
24th Nov 2016

Great Hostel, and clean! Staff warm and welcoming, I was unwell while staying here and staff were great at helping me get to see a doctor.

19th Nov 2016

Funny looking from outside, but really near the bus stop and the information center. Bike hire for $10/day. Showers are in the hallway, but overall facilities are up to date.

19th Nov 2016

Really cool hostel. I love that there's nothing left unpainted or bare. The staff seemed really nice and there was a great vibe there. The kitchen is well equipped and people seem to respect the rules and keep it tidy. The showers were decent and I was warm in our room. We were a couple in a private room though so I can't comment on the dorms.