Bdeiwi Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Down Town, Al-Khyyam Street, Behind Orange Telecom, Amman, Amman, Jordan

Firstly, we had to negotiate about the price. Although free breakfast was included, the manager wanted to charge us because they "forgot to change it on the internet". After 15 minutes of senseless discussion he let us pay the normal price under the condition that we go to a duty free shop to buy him cigarrettes. Very weird. However, his employee Naim was really nice and helpful. Rooms were cold and not nice. Sometimes there was nobody of the staff while hostel doors were open. Wouldnt recommend

My stay at Bdeiwi Hostel was very enjoyable. Most importantly the staff are very welcoming. Naim especially is a fantastic host. He will go out of his way to help you anyone who stays here. Any questions you have he will be happy to answer. He is fluent in French and a very friendly personality. Farajat the manager is a good guy and very friendly as well. The location of the hostel is ideal. It is very central and everywhere you need to go in Amman is walking distance or a cheap cab ride away.

• 29th Jan 2016

We arrived in the hostel, nobody was there, a letter to check in ourselves. So we went up to the rooms took the ,"best" which was still super dirty and cold. No heater in the house at all! With minusdegrees. We left a note to contact us. Nobody did. We checked out in the evening again. U don't get anything for low price, just a really funny experience:D many other places close by, for the same price though. A pitty, they have an amazing space, just not doing anything with it:(

• 24th Jan 2016
  • Croatia

An excellent place to stay with friendly staff and clean rooms, the view from the rooftop was so amazing and it's so SAFE place to stay and the airport pick- up is so great deal, about the location it's so great as you are in down down and still away of the noise so you can sleep very well, and the barbeque dinner was delicious, it's really great place also to meet some other backpacks, seriously can't beat the price as its very cheap hostel so I can't complain about any thing ,I recommend it

Very nice place to stay with great view over the city center, the view from the roof top is so amazing and the BBQ food wad so excellent , and the roof tent is just special feeling you just dont want to move, rooms are clean and airport pick up was great idea, shower was always hot and staff was so friendly, the location wad more than great since its right in the center and away of noise, also the place is so SAFE and secure , i would higly recommend this hotel... thinks every one...

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Poland

New owner since end of December, so maybe things tidy up in time. But it was a pretty awkward place to stay. The room windows were painted with no daylight in there, most of the time nobody at the reception (or in the whole place?) and I've never had a bathroom that run down - always a layer of dirty water on the floor, mouldy smell and obviously not cleaned in weeks. The guy who runs it is nice and friendly when he's around. Always offering you free tea.

Amazing trip to wadi rum and the Dead Sea, the hostel owners gave us free tea upon arrival, LOTS of free tea, very helpful, nice rooftop barbecue (with two whole chickens) delicious! Nice rooms and great experience for backpackers. They offer very many tour options from the hotel. I met others at the hostel and took the tour together which made the experience great. The tour guide Naim speaks great French and English, invited us to his home in Aqaba during the tour to Petra and wadi rum.

a aim and Ali are the best. I really had a unique experience because they treated me more like family that just a customer like all the other places. Will recommend Bdeiwi to all my friends and will stay there when I return!

• 22nd Dec 2015

Great hostel. Right in the centre of downtown Amman. Good guys running the hostel and the tours i went on were good price. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anybody staying in Amman. Got a pick up from the airport and everything went well. Good guys. the rooms were clean and safe and secure

i had an amazing experience at this hostel. It was my first time travelling alone and it couldn't have been more perfect. I met amazing people, everything you could possibly want was walking distance and if not, the staff were so helpful that they would always help you get where you needed to go. The rooms were secure, beds were comfy, wifi was good most of the time. Overall, it's a great place to stay in Amman Will for sure be staying there again.

• 22nd Nov 2015

PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING I'll preface this review by saying I've been travelling for 11 months at the time of writing so I've been to my fair share of bad hostels. To keep it short. No taxi at the airport despite prior arrangement. No locks on any of the bathrooms, owner will try to get you to go to the duty free with him to buy him cheap cigarettes. If you say you'll give them a bad review they will offer you a cheap tour, which is why I'm guessin their score on here is so high.

The hostel is a bit grim- walls and carpets peeling, strange smell etc... but the bedding was clean, the shower worked in one of the rooms I booked, in the other there was no hot water, but the manager was trying to fix that. The location however is amazing, right in the city centre. Wouldn't want to stay there too long, but overall a good experience. Definitely a good price!

• 13th Nov 2015

Hot water and price

we stayed in Bdeiwi Hotel we enjoyed talking to Raed the receptionist she's the best he arrange Rounds , the manager Farajat his out on his way to help as arrange our tour and we loved it the Hotel simple and clean , if you want to see the beautiful view go up to the roof top and you discovered amman ,and Raed he can make barbecue Excellently, if you want the good Music and Dance ask Raed he will Organization inside the lobby, thank you Raed, When I return I will definitely stay in this hotel.

very nice place to stay ... clean rooms with hot water nice staff and ver SAFE , great view from the roof top and great roof bar bbq , the place is in great location just at away of noise and still in the down town, i would highly recommend this hotel and for sure will come to visit a gain

The beat experience. The location of the camp was great. The rock formations behind offers spectacular view of both the sunset and sunrise. The dinner was really sumptous and the zadeb was very generous. The after dinner traditional entertainment was a plus. I really enjoyed the experience here.

Awesome stay, on a quiet back road just minutes walk from citadel, main square. Bed was the best I slept on in Jordan, and the owner is an absolute legend! Always happy to help out in anyway he can. Will definitely be back next time I'm in Amman!

This is a good hostel for what you pay for. Has all the basics that u need and is in a good location. Staff are very friendly and there is a good atmosphere especially in the evenings where you can relax on the rooftop and have a drink and bbq, organised by the staff. Ali and his colleague were helpful and good fun to talk to, I was even dropped off at the airport when I left. I would recommend this hostel to anyone travelling on a budget as I was.

I felt more like I was visiting a friend I'd known for years than visiting a hotel. Unlike any hotel. I know I marked a little lower for cleanness, but please check out this hotel. I'd like to address the two complaints I read on the reviews. It is not the cleanest hotel, but the atmosphere and staff more than make up for it. The other complaint was that some times no one mans the reception desk... that's because the man running it is so helpful and sometimes runs errands to help his customers.

well the place is well located close to the main atractions that u can go by your self by foot , the staff really kind and helpful ( raed ) this guy is cool he explaind me how to go to the main atractons and then the owner cool guy as well he invite me to smoke shisha with him and partnof the staff om the roof in a chill out area where at night u can get a view from one side of the city .....defently i would go back in my way back ...👍🏻😉