Bdeiwi Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Down Town, Al-Khyyam Street, Behind Orange Telecom, Amman, Amman, Jordan

It is cheaper I know, but I was charged 5 more Dinars for municipality tax. I met other people who were in a hostel near from this and they told me that charge did not exist. I haven't had internet in my whole staying, and no hot water, even no toilet paper.

i can see good and some bad reviews about this hostel but all i can say about this place that its super excellent and i really had very great time, i mean the location is just perfect in the heart of down town and away of noise, the place is to totally SAFE , clean rooms gorgeous view from the roof and great BBQ party ,it was amazing, also the airport pick-up is great deal, staff is a bit sad for the bad fake reviews that they are recieving, any the place perfect for our stay,highly recommended

• 20th Sep 2014

My deposit I paid was not worth anything- and the hostel did not acknowledge it. There a fair amount of ants crawling around. Nice enough staff though. Great location. I had a bed that had some serious urine stains and smelled. I'd still recommend it to a traveler though, and i'd stay again. Just know that if you expect nice clean stuff- this might not be the place. Cliff hostel is way better, but louder.

1. Security: noone manning the hostel (we waited 3 hours), and all room keys are on clear show 2 metres from the unlocked front door. 2. Cleanliness: room hadn't been cleaned ('we can do that tomorrow !'): beds not changed, faeces in toilet, ants, damp Hostel owner admitted that other guests could take the room key to use our bathroom (rooms not safe!!!) 3. Facilities: internet and water not guaranteed to be working. No light in en suite. No free towels. Filthy. 4. Owner: pushy

• 17th Aug 2014

Airport transfer never showed up. Manager tricked us into using our passports so he could buy copious amounts of duty free shisha tabacoo!!! When we needed a driver, he lied about an "agency" and his "agency" driver's car had no seat belts in the back seats and the speedometer wasn't working, he drove far too fast, plus the "agency" driver served us breakfast!! I travel a lot and stay in all sorts of places... STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE! Only plus here is the lady working here is very polite!

WARNING DO NOT GO!! We have been in a lot of budget hostels but this one was by far, very far, the most disgusting excuse for a hostel. Our room had no lights!!! funkjard matrasses( itches), it stank (especially the toilet/shower, everything was full of spiderwebs, there was no toiletpaper in the whole hostel. We moved to another hostel and heard from several people that all of these reviews were fake. This is apparently well known in amman. Therefore do NOT TRUST THIS RATING!!

Reception room needs to be cleaned/improved - it's very dark and depressing and not inviting. Airport pick up charge needs to be clarified - you can't say 25JD and then change the price upon arrival to 28JD. If you say that you're a 24/7h hostel, then you have to actually be accessible and available 24/7. You put my security at serious risk when I arrived back to the hostel at 1:30am with the doors locked and no door bell or effective phone. Shower was held up by tape - shameful. Room unclean

Staff really friendly and helped with all our travel needs really quickly. Great time had! Would come again.

Great location, a nice roof top terrace, and nice beds. But the thing that really did it for me was the people at the hostel. Ali and Nadja are the best. Bringing everyone together as one big family.

The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about tourism in Jordan. I greatly appreciated their services. The facility also had a friendly and vibrant international hostel environment, always something to be appreciated while travelling.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Lebanon

The hostel although simple was clean and our stuff was safe while we explored Amman. The price was fair for the room but don't agree to pay for any extra things - food is much cheaper on the streets and buses are much cheaper than the taxi services they will arrange for you! We had an awful flat tire experience in the transport they arranged to Israel. But they also compensated us with a free night on our return. So I guess it equals out.

The location is excellent and great value for money,airport pick-up is great deal,, while the endlessly helpful and generous staff have informed and encouraged my introduction to this fascinating country. The space is lovely, big airy rooms with wooden floors, free wifi,great breakfast and clean bathrooms, while my fellow travellers were great company. bdeiwi is a vital and warm space which I have returned to in between trips around the country - each time I come back it feels like coming home

• 6th Jun 2014

The breakfast is overpriced; you can go out and get something much better for the 3 JD per person charged for pita and hummus. The bathrooms barely flush and it's definitely not the cleanest place. The manager will try and sell you tours, so be prepared to stand your ground. Go do your own thing, the tour and taxis suggested are way overpriced. Keep in mind, when it comes to hotel/hostel, you get what you pay for. It's very cheap, which is a plus, but there are downsides that come with that.

• 29th May 2014