Bdeiwi Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Down Town, Al-Khyyam Street, Behind Orange Telecom, Amman, Amman, Jordan

1. Security: noone manning the hostel (we waited 3 hours), and all room keys are on clear show 2 metres from the unlocked front door. 2. Cleanliness: room hadn't been cleaned ('we can do that tomorrow !'): beds not changed, faeces in toilet, ants, damp Hostel owner admitted that other guests could take the room key to use our bathroom (rooms not safe!!!) 3. Facilities: internet and water not guaranteed to be working. No light in en suite. No free towels. Filthy. 4. Owner: pushy

• 17th Aug 2014

Airport transfer never showed up. Manager tricked us into using our passports so he could buy copious amounts of duty free shisha tabacoo!!! When we needed a driver, he lied about an "agency" and his "agency" driver's car had no seat belts in the back seats and the speedometer wasn't working, he drove far too fast, plus the "agency" driver served us breakfast!! I travel a lot and stay in all sorts of places... STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE! Only plus here is the lady working here is very polite!

WARNING DO NOT GO!! We have been in a lot of budget hostels but this one was by far, very far, the most disgusting excuse for a hostel. Our room had no lights!!! funkjard matrasses( itches), it stank (especially the toilet/shower, everything was full of spiderwebs, there was no toiletpaper in the whole hostel. We moved to another hostel and heard from several people that all of these reviews were fake. This is apparently well known in amman. Therefore do NOT TRUST THIS RATING!!

Reception room needs to be cleaned/improved - it's very dark and depressing and not inviting. Airport pick up charge needs to be clarified - you can't say 25JD and then change the price upon arrival to 28JD. If you say that you're a 24/7h hostel, then you have to actually be accessible and available 24/7. You put my security at serious risk when I arrived back to the hostel at 1:30am with the doors locked and no door bell or effective phone. Shower was held up by tape - shameful. Room unclean

Staff really friendly and helped with all our travel needs really quickly. Great time had! Would come again.

Great location, a nice roof top terrace, and nice beds. But the thing that really did it for me was the people at the hostel. Ali and Nadja are the best. Bringing everyone together as one big family.

The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about tourism in Jordan. I greatly appreciated their services. The facility also had a friendly and vibrant international hostel environment, always something to be appreciated while travelling.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Lebanon

The hostel although simple was clean and our stuff was safe while we explored Amman. The price was fair for the room but don't agree to pay for any extra things - food is much cheaper on the streets and buses are much cheaper than the taxi services they will arrange for you! We had an awful flat tire experience in the transport they arranged to Israel. But they also compensated us with a free night on our return. So I guess it equals out.

The location is excellent and great value for money,airport pick-up is great deal,, while the endlessly helpful and generous staff have informed and encouraged my introduction to this fascinating country. The space is lovely, big airy rooms with wooden floors, free wifi,great breakfast and clean bathrooms, while my fellow travellers were great company. bdeiwi is a vital and warm space which I have returned to in between trips around the country - each time I come back it feels like coming home

• 6th Jun 2014

The breakfast is overpriced; you can go out and get something much better for the 3 JD per person charged for pita and hummus. The bathrooms barely flush and it's definitely not the cleanest place. The manager will try and sell you tours, so be prepared to stand your ground. Go do your own thing, the tour and taxis suggested are way overpriced. Keep in mind, when it comes to hotel/hostel, you get what you pay for. It's very cheap, which is a plus, but there are downsides that come with that.

• 29th May 2014

This is a fake review.

very nice place to stay with great friendly staff , owner was awesome he went our of his way to help, the roof top was amazing since you can get to have such a great view over the down town, rooms are clean and the price is cheap enough i highly recommend this place to backpackers visiting amman. airport pick-up was great deal.

They said they'd pick me up at the airport and then didn't, I had to pay 21 JD for a taxi there.

I tremendously appreciated the care and attention given to me by staff - especially Mikie - with respect to what I wanted to see and experience while in Jordan. I had a fantastic time and recommend it highly to other would be travellers,

i had great stay at bdeiwi hostel , every thing was so great!! brabeque diner was more than excellent, and breakfast was really great, the roof top terrace was amazinf with the view over the down town, also the place is very SAFE well SAFE INDEED, and about the price its more than fair, for sure will come back to this hotel !! airport pick-up was great idea with great deal,, seriously i cant explain enough how was great this place , for sure i would higly recoommend it, thanks guys for the stay

Arriving very late at night and finding out that the bathroom wasnt very practicable was not very nice. And so it was the case for all the other evenings after coming back from our trips, we were even obliged to go to coffee shops to use the toilets. Also on the first night we were charged 120 JOD (156 USD), and thus paid 14 USD per person instead of the 11.95 USD indicated on the website (If there is any kind of tax Hostel World must indicate this too on the website). Free towels? where?

• 17th Apr 2014

hello dear.. sorry but there is serious miss understanding in here as the total charge was including the airport pick_up , because you paid all the room and the airport at the reception and for sure there is NO more charge... every thing under control our friend:) all the best

Nice hostel, staff are friendly. Location is great

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Reminds me back in high school hanging out in some dingy basement. Just now I'm above ground

hi.. thanks for the comment,, but i think that every one needs to know that your deal for what you got is more than fair as all what you paid is ONLY 6 $ ,, sorry we are not 5 stars place!!! we are just a hostel for budget people.good luck..owner

I really enjoyed my stay in Bdeiwi hostel! First at all: great location, good atmosphere and helpful staff! Moreover, its so easy to arrange day tours in Jordan, mostly Petra... Honestly nothing to complain!

• 7th Apr 2014

If you're looking for a clean and quite hostel in Amman, then definitely check out Bdeiwi. Bdeiwi's location is prime because it's a short walking distance to the restaurants, shops and sites of downtown Amman, and at the same time peaceful and quite because it's just out of earshot of downtown traffic. My favorite aspect of Bdeiwi, though, would have to be the wonderful staff, especially Mike, who treated me like family. He's a great person, and works hard to make the guests feel comfortable.

• 5th Apr 2014

Prepare to be ripped off! The front desk will try to sell you tours for ridiculous prices. Average cost of hiring a private driver for a day is $100 JD. I paid $100 JD for a private tour and the front desk had the balls to sell the remaining car space to other travelers for inflated prices and pocket the money! This meant the cost of the car couldn't be shared amongst our group. A hotel is supposed to be a place off the street, safe from hustlers and scam artists...not the case here.

Hi sorry but you seem like you are writing about another hostel... for sure there seem to be wrong thing about this review because we only do shared tours for a good cheap prices, please make sure where you have been staying before posting your review..