Bdeiwi Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Down Town, Al-Khyyam Street, Behind Orange Telecom, Amman, Amman, Jordan

Nice hostel, staff are friendly. Location is great

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Reminds me back in high school hanging out in some dingy basement. Just now I'm above ground

hi.. thanks for the comment,, but i think that every one needs to know that your deal for what you got is more than fair as all what you paid is ONLY 6 $ ,, sorry we are not 5 stars place!!! we are just a hostel for budget people.good luck..owner

I really enjoyed my stay in Bdeiwi hostel! First at all: great location, good atmosphere and helpful staff! Moreover, its so easy to arrange day tours in Jordan, mostly Petra... Honestly nothing to complain!

• 7th Apr 2014

If you're looking for a clean and quite hostel in Amman, then definitely check out Bdeiwi. Bdeiwi's location is prime because it's a short walking distance to the restaurants, shops and sites of downtown Amman, and at the same time peaceful and quite because it's just out of earshot of downtown traffic. My favorite aspect of Bdeiwi, though, would have to be the wonderful staff, especially Mike, who treated me like family. He's a great person, and works hard to make the guests feel comfortable.

• 5th Apr 2014

Prepare to be ripped off! The front desk will try to sell you tours for ridiculous prices. Average cost of hiring a private driver for a day is $100 JD. I paid $100 JD for a private tour and the front desk had the balls to sell the remaining car space to other travelers for inflated prices and pocket the money! This meant the cost of the car couldn't be shared amongst our group. A hotel is supposed to be a place off the street, safe from hustlers and scam artists...not the case here.

Hi sorry but you seem like you are writing about another hostel... for sure there seem to be wrong thing about this review because we only do shared tours for a good cheap prices, please make sure where you have been staying before posting your review..

It was the concern of the staff when they found I wasn't feeling well that is most memorable. Nice. And convenient location too.

Is this hostel "perfect?" no. If you want perfect you will be paying a lot more. But for what you pay YOU CANNOT GET A BETTER DEAL IN AMMAN!!!! it's good (but getting better very fast, with a lot of active improvements!) and the location is truly IDEAL!!! and you won't get better hospitality or staff. The staff is very engaged in an upgrade process that will only see things improve. If you want the best location and best staff you can't go wrong! Best bang for the buck possible!

• 26th Feb 2014

the atmosphere is like family,best experience in 3 mouths trip, its clean and hot water 24 hours when you're arrive the first thing you can see it's smile on the face. People here take time for listen you and they try to make what you want Micky is the most funny guy and nice you can meet in Jordan ! the food is so nice taste; and the location of the hostel in the heart of down town just near every thing you would need, airport pick up was cheap and useful. we enjoyed our stay very much

this is a good place to stay.Is easy to arrive from the city town. the room are ok and the staff is very friendly. They helped to arrange the trip to Petra and searching the solution for every question than I had. Is absolutely recommended to travelers. there,is a good BBQ and is enough. They have a cheaper transport from the airport and is totally SAFE. For sure I will back here when I come back to Amman. Enjoy ur stay here.:)

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Chile

I found this accommodation very welcoming and friendly. The VALUE for money was extremely good - probably the best on a five month trip. I was able to get a great nights sleep thanks to the comfy bed and quieter position compared to other accommodation we stayed at in AMMAN.. very SAFE. I liked the rooftop area as well, it made for a great spot to have BBQ and hang out at night., the AIRPORT PICK-UP was very good deal and useful, breakfast was excellent. i would highly recommend this place.

I would not recommend this hostel. When we tried to check-in the person there told us we would have to wait for the manager. We paid 10JOD for a BBQ party on the roof . We were told there would be music and lots of food etc. However in reality it was a disaster. It was freezing cold once the BBQ fire had cooled down. There was no light and no music. The food was not served until 11.30pm! Everyone went to buy food in downtown instead. We did not get our money back as the manager was unavailable!

you got free dinar for the second night !! sorry but at night as you have seen there was some rain and that was the main reason that we could not make it your way apart from aother tourist the ate .. it was all about the rain that prevnted us from makin it better but hope usualy every body loves the BBQ party.. sorry that you living in SAUDI arabi and you could not handle the cold weather because u use to hot weather.. as every one else have eaten and loved the food. good luck !

Nice and clean hostel. Excellent breakfast. I totally recommend it. The owner is a great guy!

Bdeiwi hotel was a great experience. In terms of a great hostel, they got everything right. Its right in downtown, its VERY clean Safe , the staff is friendly/helpful, and its cheap. I went during a tough time, in terms of the external environment, and they did everything they could ensure that I had a great experience in Amman They also arrange very affordable trips to see the various attractions outside the city. Airport pick-up was great..BBQ also great i highly recommend this place

It is really worth it by the price and localization. The staff, specially Reda made the whole difference helping out with tips of the city and letting the guests feel comfortable to have a good time and a good stay.

Location of the hostel is fantastic. 5-10 minute walk to: Rainbow street, Roman Amphitheatre, and The Citadel. Staff (in particular Reda) are extremely friendly and helpful and will assist in organising an itinerary should you not have one prior to your stay. Pickup from the airport is convenient and will save you the hassle of trying to explain to a taxi driver where the hotel is located. Overall, considering how cheap the hostel is, Bdeiwi offers great value for money.

• 31st Dec 2013

(They made up for their mistakes) When I arrived they were at the airport waiting for someone so I had to wait for over 4 hours for them to eventually come back and wasn't able to get access to the internet... That being said, they gave me a free upgrade to make up for that so while it was a problem, they at least fixed it. Reda and Mikey are great and lots of fun, and the location is right in the thick of things. Had a great time and while it's not cleanly, it's well worth the cheap price.

• 22nd Dec 2013

My stay at Bdeiwi was great for me.specially after the maintenance that they have made , every thing looks new, very nice clean rooms with clean bath room and hot showers, SAFE place to stay,and airport pick-up was a great deal and helpefull The dinners were reasonably priced and delicious,BBQ.. breakfast was good, rooms were comfortable and the common area was incredibly relaxing. Staff were very accommodating.and friendly They made sure our Amman experience was great Would stay again

Mikey is great, Farajat is great. Helpful, hospitable and good company. Happy to drive to the Duty Free store and very welcoming, offering tea and tours and everything you need. Highly recommended

20th november 2013. They are reformin the Bdeiwi hostel and reception room is upside down and under plastic that you even can't have a seat, only a couple of rooms available and extremely dirty, bathrooms we don't even talk about it. Owner will try to get any dinar he could from you. I stayed there for a week 2 years ago, it was a wonderfull place. Now it is one of the crappiest place i went down, and the treatment is even crappiest. Hope the reforms will make it a nice place to stay again.

i'm used to simple accomodations, but i had to leave this hostel after 2 nights, couldn't stay there longer. - they said the hostelworld 10% deposit is not valid/ tried to charge much more than the offered rate. their excuse: they had mixed up dollars and dinars hahaha (trying to cheat is the worst you can do to me) - the whole hostel was dirty/dusty/construction/unusable - no working/flushing toilets (the reason why i left) - no lockers - view from my room: a pile of the hostel's garbage